It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72% of refugees fleeing war and oppression are men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
This fact is missing from most of the reports.

The UN themselves have admitted that about 75% of these 'refugees' are male, but they claim to have no data on the age of these males. Intuition (and viewing the photos) tells me they mostly fall in that 18-30 male demographic - which are statistically the most likely to be radicalized.

18 - 30
Same age group as soldiers interestingly enough.
Purely coincidental I'm sure.
Just enough women and children to make it look believable.
Were hitting new lows in propaganda.
Why move to Europe if you don't like Western culture?
Why not move to a safe Arab country like Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt?

You don't even have to use your spidey senses to know something is very fishy about all this sudden wave of immigration.
Nothing has really changed in the Middle East - so why the bumrush to get in to Europe?

Also the exact age group of the majority of adult single males in Syria. Singles don't have to worry about leaving families in refugee camps etc..., they can just go.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I was replying to a comment that said these men were either cowards who wouldn't fight for their country or agents of ISIS.
It wasn't my comment but I acknowledge the validity of the question.
Lots of men of fighting age bailing on their wives, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, nieces etc, and leaving them to rot in the safe but underfunded UN camps in Turkey.

Germany has just encouraged more people to risk their lives crossing the Med' with people smugglers instead of pumping more resources at making the UN camps safer and improving the lives of those the men left behind.
Disgraceful in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Do you disagree with injecting massive resources into the region at Turkey/Jordan/Lebanon to improve the lives of the people there until they can return home, or do you advocate the German decision to say "We'll help you if you can get here using people smugglers to cross the Med' Sea?

I think the Germans made a shockingly bad decision which only encourages more people to risk their lives when they are safe in Turkey.
Remember, UK citizens are on holiday in Turkey right now.
There was no need for the free for all which has resulted in an overwhelming majority of males of fighting age rocking up in Germany.
That doesn't really help anyone, unless you have thought of something I missed?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Pu$$ies.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
funny how other muslim countries don't care about IS and don't care about the refugees.
aren't they supposed to be the first to take action?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
funny how other muslim countries don't care about IS and don't care about the refugees.
Ah, that is more about Shiites, Sunnies, and Wahabi's all hating each other. You know, the elephant in the room that all the people shouting 'hater!' are happy to ignore.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Sounds like an army to me. And we need to stop this crisis, using diplomancy instead of war tactics to destablize ME, like the Obama administration and its parners in crime are doing, is the cause of what seems to be a massive trojan horse. In fact this was probably planned from the word "go".

geez, really?......Obama is to blame?....what's wrong with you?.....I bet half of those young men would do away with Obama if they had the chance?.....by the way ISIS and al queada started up this war after the U.S. got out of Iraq, as was demanded by the Iraqi government, our own citizens, and most of the rest of the world....go ask the turks, kurds, Jordanians who started this "crisis".....and let's not forget Assad of Syria who has killed hundreds of thousands of his own citizens.....it's so easy to blame Obama for all the ills of the middle east, because you do not have to worry about government goons coming to your house and taking you away for criticizing the leader of America.....go to Saudi Arabia and publicly criticize the king and call him a "partner in crime", see how much freedom you would enjoy there.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

nice pic.
refugees huh. from a war torn nation. broke with no prospects.
but
they dont look like it.
i see watches. rings. clean, untattered clothes. big ass smart phone

interesting. i guess these days if you can only afford a 2gb data plan for your galaxy s4 then youre in terrible shape

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

they want more Muslims to migrate to western countries. why would they bother, when western countries are so generous....I do fear for the countries of Europe, you just wait, in a couple of years, their will be riots about Muslims not having enough freedom, no jobs, western laws interfering in their religious beliefs, calling white Christians "racist" etc....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I knew it from the get go.

All they want is to live in peace? Yeah right. All they want is a free ride for a year and whilst they do that, they have plenty of time to make plans about how they will start problems over here...

You watch what transpires over the coming Months.

Even if nothing does happen... it will only take 5 to 10 years before something does.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Do you disagree with injecting massive resources into the region at Turkey/Jordan/Lebanon to improve the lives of the people there until they can return home, or do you advocate the German decision to say "We'll help you if you can get here using people smugglers to cross the Med' Sea?

I think the Germans made a shockingly bad decision which only encourages more people to risk their lives when they are safe in Turkey.
Remember, UK citizens are on holiday in Turkey right now.
There was no need for the free for all which has resulted in an overwhelming majority of males of fighting age rocking up in Germany.
That doesn't really help anyone, unless you have thought of something I missed?

No I don't agree with encouraging more refugees to risk their lives, I am simply trying to explain why they might be doing it (and moreover, for the purpose of this thread, why more men appear to be doing it). And I feel that we are all partly responsible for it by not doing as you say and pumping more resources into the places seeing the massive influx, by not taking enough refugees ourselves directly from those places and by not doing enough to help prevent the destabilisation of the areas they are fleeing.

I assume you are saying that because Brits are living it up in Turkey then Syrians must be having a ball there too? The vast majority are outside of the refugee camps with no legal protection and left to fend for themselves with no aid.

The need to provide basic food and shelter means that families resort to desperate measures to try and make ends meet - even putting their children to work.

Ten-year old “Ibrahim” and his family fled Aleppo two years ago and moved to the Turkish border town of Kilis, where they live in a cement bunker. To survive, father and son collect plastic from garbage bins, earning 1 TL (50 cents) for each ½ kg of plastic. Young Ibrahim told Amnesty International that he wakes up each day at 6 am and finishes work at around 4 pm.

www.amnesty.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
interesting. i guess these days if you can only afford a 2gb data plan for your galaxy s4 then youre in terrible shape
Lol, I know what you mean.
The bleeding hearts won't see it though...they are even blind to the majority male of fighting age population of those folk Germany 'freed' from the dangers of Turkey...a country a few friends of mine came back from vacation last week.
Turkey is not a warzone.
Many people on ATS remind me of the lame emotionally inspired debate place that facebook is.

Yeah, I have advocated for weeks that I support support at source, not saying to everyone "Pay money to people smugglers to get over the Med' and we'll take you in".
Germany has made a grave and foolish mistake with it's unilateral decision to disregard EU conventions and laws on refugees and asylum seekers.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I knew it from the get go.

All they want is to live in peace? Yeah right. All they want is a free ride for a year and whilst they do that, they have plenty of time to make plans about how they will start problems over here...

You watch what transpires over the coming Months.

Even if nothing does happen... it will only take 5 to 10 years before something does.

I agree 100%....look at the other countries of Europe who allowed them to come in, it's a template of what's going to be coming in the following years...and as an American, vacationing in Europe now, or in the future, seems like I'd be risking my own life....geez, I'm starting to sound like republican on this.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You should move to Australia.
You'd fit right in.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Don't assume anything other than the words I post.
Too many emotionally inspired folk do that on ATS.

I'm saying Turkey is a safe nation which is currently not a war zone.

I'm saying I support a 2% increase in UK income tax to raise £11 Billion each year to help refugees at source.
£10,000 per head it works out at for half a million refugees in UN camps at Turkey.
You know as well as I do that £10,000 per person is way more than needed for a decent life waiting for a peaceful return to Syria.

I'm saying the German government made a shockingly bad decision to say "Cross the Med' and we'll help you" instead of keeping those folk safe in the region.

I'm saying too many folk made decisions based solely on the images of the tragic boy on the beach last week and it clouded their reasoning skills to find better options.

I am saying ATS has seemed as lame for lack of reasoned and logical debate as facebook at times.

...that just makes me a hater to some though lol. Lame.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

The need to provide basic food and shelter means that families resort to desperate measures to try and make ends meet - even putting their children to work.

Ten-year old “Ibrahim” and his family fled Aleppo two years ago and moved to the Turkish border town of Kilis, where they live in a cement bunker. To survive, father and son collect plastic from garbage bins, earning 1 TL (50 cents) for each ½ kg of plastic. Young Ibrahim told Amnesty International that he wakes up each day at 6 am and finishes work at around 4 pm.

www.amnesty.org...

aaaaaw. what a heart wrenching post.
i like to focus on the people not like ibrahim though.
the people that can afford smart phones and jewelry as mentioned in an above post.

no doubt some people are bad off. those people in the pic posted on the previous page do not seem to be that bad off.

the again, his phone could be getting shut off at the end of the month... then he would be in dire straights

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

You should move to Australia.
You'd fit right in.
Behave yourself.
More emotional drivel.
Did you miss my posts advocating billions of £'s in aid funded by increased taxes to protect the folk while they remain comfortably in their region? Yes clearly you missed it.
More of the same lame facebookesque style debate I'm seeing on ATS these days.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

of course they wont see it.
all it takes is one out of context pic or one news story about a hungry kid and thats all they will see.

whatever.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

'm saying I support a 2% increase in UK income tax to raise £11 Billion each year to help refugees at source.

It doesn't have to cost the UK, and the rest of the West anything more than:

Putting Saudi Arabia on the state sponsors of terrorism.

Putting Iran back on the list.

And banning their Oil from the world market.

And do the same to Kuwait, and Qatar, and the UAE, and kicking Turkey out of NATO since they should have never been allowed in.

Then watch how fast the crap stops.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

'm saying I support a 2% increase in UK income tax to raise £11 Billion each year to help refugees at source.

It doesn't have to cost the UK, and the rest of the West anything more than:
I totally agree.
I just stress the policy changes I support for the UK to help these people, just to deny their lame and pathetic cries of hater.
There is lots we can do, and Germany's solely emotionally based reaction of saying "Cross the Med' with a dangerous smuggler and we'll take you" was wrong and shockingly wrong .
Germany dropped the ball. There was no need to encourage people to use smugglers to get to safety.
We could more easily get the safety to Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon.
Bleeding heart facebook types don't think rationally though.
That is a problem in itself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join