It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72% of refugees fleeing war and oppression are men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The people in Hungary were actually told they were going there but then found out they were not.
There is much more to that story, including a two day blockade.

Where is the part that they refused to registered?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

While I agree that people will do what they need to do in order to save their own lives, I can not stop thinking what all those able young males will be doing once they settle down with language problems, no jobs and plenty of fee time in their hands in an environment that could be hostile to their own way of life.

edit on 8-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Has anyone actually bothered to check the source? The stats relate to mediterranean SEA ARRIVALS, not all refugees as the thread title implies.

Just for comparison see this page from the same source looking at the total numbers of Syrian refugees where the male/female ratio is almost evenly split.

data.unhcr.org...

I should think that one of the possible reasons for more men arriving by sea is because they are going on ahead as the journey is too dangerous/expensive for the rest of the family in the hope that they can send for them once they have settled.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

But with the states of affairs and the dangers to them in their own countries, their families will be the first target to persecution.

Usually the women and children are send ahead for their safety as they are more vulnerable to become targets, while males have a better chance to hide until they can leave.

CX

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Usually ATS is the first one to warn people about jumping to conclusions as soon as a few statistics are thrown about.

Quite saddened by some of the comments.

CX,.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The women and children are also the highest target for the trips there too.

We don't know what conditions they left their families, we just assume again.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
That is something I've been commenting on for a while, though I didn't know the statistics.
Each time we see the boats come over, all that is visible is young men.
Agreed, and anyone pointing it out was just a hater or 'MSM blinded' or otherwise a horrible person for asking rational questions instead of being overcome emotionally.

It is sad to see the UN figures, but the fact they have been released may assist in reasoned discussion about which vulnerable refugees deserve assistance more than others.
The ones who had the money and physical ability to pay smugglers and survive a dangerous sea crossing to a safe nation they had no intention of staying in, or the wives, sisters, mothers, nieces, disabled they left behind in underfunded camps in Turkey.

Germany's action has only encouraged more people to pay smugglers and risk drowning.
Shameful in my opinion, and as disgraceful as the numbers of fighting age men who bailed on their families in Turkey.

Turkey is not a war zone. UK nationals are on holiday there right now.
Let's spend our money keeping them safe in their own region, not just support an exodus of 72% adult male refugees.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I still don't get why they're running west and not north or east. Afghanistan isn't far from China one quick hope over you would figure would be better then a long trip west over more war torn lands.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Where is the part that they refused to registered?

Here's one decent link, I've heard it from the guys interviewed in lots of different news media, registering in a safe nation can result in being kicked out of a 3rd party safe nation if an asylum seeker makes it there.
euobserver.com...

Hungary insists that under EU law all new arrivals have to be registered and fingerprinted.

But aid workers say many migrants, who intend to travel on to Austria and Germany, do not want to be processed fearing they will be transported back to Hungary.

On Tuesday afternoon, dozens of migrants broke through police lines and started marching towards Roszke and further onto Budapest, some 170 kilometers away.

I know you don't want to believe it but just google it and you will find numerous reports. A simple knowledge of refugee/asylum laws would make it easy to understand.
The guys in Hungary have a basic knowledge of refugee/asylum law.
Now are you making the case that these guys were not refusing to register?

*Edit*
I worked in senior Crown service interpreting refugee/asylum seeker law for some years of my life.
When you take the emotions out and consider objectively it is amazing how the situations are never what they always appear.
ATS is a place where considering things objectively should be the way forward, asking questions, looking at 'possibles' not just the latest graphic tragic image clouding all our reasoning thoughts.
edit on 8.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'll await being called a "hater," but didn't ISIS/ISIL/IS TELL US ALL (when they first started their beheadings) that they "would take over Rome and Vatican City." And didn't the PC world scoff at that those "crazy JV ers" would say such a thing. And as the ISIS mayhem, crucifixions, beheadings, destruction of antiquities go on and on (with paltry resistance at best) did they not bolster their claims (emboldened no doubt by the lack of military might against them).

So now, as I see it, the "refugees" (military aged men) have left their helpless behind (to face ISIS alone--leaving mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, in the rape culture of the IS) to do what? Get jobs? Once again, we (the sympathetic west) puts OUR intentions on these able bodied men. They will NEVER "send for their families."

More likely their intention is to spread the IS state across the European continent, on EU's "dime" so to speak (as "refugees.). They are "refugees" who are so emboldened they will refuse water and food that doesn't meet their religious demands for starters.

The sympathies of caring EU were exploited by that on the beach. This is a Trojan Horse invasion.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
This fact is missing from most of the reports.

The UN themselves have admitted that about 75% of these 'refugees' are male, but they claim to have no data on the age of these males. Intuition (and viewing the photos) tells me they mostly fall in that 18-30 male demographic - which are statistically the most likely to be radicalized.

18 - 30
Same age group as soldiers interestingly enough.
Purely coincidental I'm sure.
Just enough women and children to make it look believable.
Were hitting new lows in propaganda.
Why move to Europe if you don't like Western culture?
Why not move to a safe Arab country like Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt?

You don't even have to use your spidey senses to know something is very fishy about all this sudden wave of immigration.
Nothing has really changed in the Middle East - so why the bumrush to get in to Europe?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
its an silent infiltration of ISIS the few woman and children are decoy's....
europe has brought in an trojan horse....!a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Scouse100

But with the states of affairs and the dangers to them in their own countries, their families will be the first target to persecution.

Usually the women and children are send ahead for their safety as they are more vulnerable to become targets, while males have a better chance to hide until they can leave.

Well no, from the stats, it looks like they are leaving Syria in equal numbers so I would think the men in question are leaving women and children temporarily in refugee camps or in temporary accomodation in the likes of Turkey until they can send for them. So probably not leaving them in a war zone as such but from what
I have read about the lives of Syrian refugees in Turkey, not a situation where you would want to stay and bring up children.

And of course you have to consider that the single men will not have a family to worry about leaving behind so they will be more likely to make the journey whereas any single women/widows (and I am sure there are many) especially with children will not be able to make the journey amd will have little choice than to stay put.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If I were a legitimate war refugee I know one thing for sure:
I would NOT leave my family behind!
If we couldn't all go I would try to send them first, not me.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100
Has anyone actually bothered to check the source? The stats relate to mediterranean SEA ARRIVALS, not all refugees as the thread title implies.

Just for comparison see this page from the same source looking at the total numbers of Syrian refugees where the male/female ratio is almost evenly split.

data.unhcr.org...

I should think that one of the possible reasons for more men arriving by sea is because they are going on ahead as the journey is too dangerous/expensive for the rest of the family in the hope that they can send for them once they have settled.

Finally, a "questioning" mind! Kudos! I mean really............its the UN! Its the same organization that fired someone for leading a humanitarian/peace keeping mission in Africa because his "troops" were buggering little girls and boys. I can't believe no one on ATS has thought to vet these statistics because I assure you, they don't match the images coming out of Al Jazeera. When I first read this OP I thought to myself......that just doesn't look right!

BTW, I lived in "Arab" countries for years as a youth (Oil Co. Brat) and I can explain something of the demographics; 1) Arab families are "LARGE" typically 7 or 8 kids! 2) Everything, the family rug shop, the sheep, the camels, etc. go to the Oldest son. The younger sons get the boot up their respective butts and otherwise nothing. The "girls" have no value except what can be received in a Dowry to get rid of them. Its VERY expensive for a younger son to raise the money necessary to pay the Dowry to get married. So, yea....its not at all unusual that 75% of the Male population of an Arab country is unmarried well into their 30's or 40's. (This also explains why the sheep are always nervous!)

But no....the UN stats are bogus.

link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

data.unhcr.org...

Maybe but if the country that is being fled from is that worn torn, and all the ugly that comes from it. Seems like you are taking a big chance that even if you make , get established, etc that the option to even send for your family will even.exists. ie are they alive.

I understand the situation they are leaving is terrible. At the same time many of the countries they flee to over came extreme odds to even exist. It was the fight attitude that makes them better. Men fleeing leaving all women and children ensures no way for anyone to fight to better it. Again big risk to assume women and children will be alive to be sent for

link   
people are migrating the to US as well, we have the asian invasion ongoing as well as the mexican and central american immigrant trying to get into our borders so they can live the american dream here like the rest of us.
watching the 'hot heads' on tv leaving the containment centers in southern hungary it appears that today tempers are flaring and going to get a lot worse in the coming few weeks

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: grainofsand

Well when we are sitting here talking of people as sub human or just terrorist just because they way they look, yes I am going to say the hate is rolling through.

I am sorry someone called you a hater, I guess that would be more proof.

But I think it is very humane of Germany to do what they are doing.
We could learn something from them.

well i for one am one to err on the side of caution with this bazar phenomenon,with the mass msm and social media hype surrounding this which sprung up instantly almost it is beyond wierd.
i viewed christianne armanpour doing an interview where she was dishing out refugee numbers as a guilt trip to france in a condasending tone"24000-24000 could it be 40000 germany is doing much more than that could you match it" she sounded like a human auctioneer.
As far as im concerned the sheep that fall for this msm story deserve to go down, too bad the rest of us get dragged down with them, i mean, i havent seen such clean shaven, clean cut,clean clothed, well presented people that have been living on the road for month's (you know not that trading your valuables like jewellry your iphone sunglasses etc for food and water would be an option)...well ever!

Refugees show their ticket as they wait for a train to Austria at a station in Budapest, Hungary

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Whatever, the imagery from every single source, be it MSM or Indy shows an overwhelming majority of adult males rolling off trains in Germany, and clashing with police in other EU nations.
I am glad the UK did not sign up to the Schengen agreement free EU travel silliness.
I am glad the UK is supporting increased funding of UN camps in safe Turkey, and also taking thousands of vulnerable folk from those camps.

The only wish I would have is massive funding of it in place, support say a million folk from UK money in situ in their region, encourage the rest of the world to do the same, and point out to Germany how stupid their decision was to open the floodgates to anyone who could afford a smuggler to get them over the Med' Sea.
Shocking emotional decision, unlike Germany.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DelMarvel

While I agree that people will do what they need to do in order to save their own lives, I can not stop thinking what all those able young males will be doing once they settle down with language problems, no jobs and plenty of fee time in their hands in an environment that could be hostile to their own way of life.

Sure, it will most likely lead to problems.

I was replying to a comment that said these men were either cowards who wouldn't fight for their country or agents of ISIS.

I agree with those saying the best approach is for the EU to throw massive dollars into helping the refugees stay in Turkey and elsewhere.

Or build a time machine and go back and not invade Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join