It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I follow Jesus.

That's fine, but this discussion isn't about you. It's about Hitler's Christianity. Just like Catholics in the past, Hitler was a Christian.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I follow Jesus.

That's fine, but this discussion isn't about you. It's about Hitler's Christianity. Just like Catholics in the past, Hitler was a Christian.

Then I'm a billionaire. Don't ask to see my bank account, I just said I'm a billionaire.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

When "billionaire" becomes a philosophy or a religion, give me a call, and I'll join too!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Ignatian

The age old claim by Christians that someone isn't a Christian because they judge them as not Christian.

Now that is one of the biggest line of Bull Shcnit I have ever heard.

Hitler being an atheist is not not supported at all by his his words or deeds he was Christian thru and thru.

No he was not. Many Catholic priests were detained and put in labor camps due to them speaking out against Hitler.

Anyone who proclaims to be a Christian but murders one another is not a Christian.

There are many who walk around today and proclaim to be Christian and they are not.

You do not know what a Christian is because if you did you would know we don't murder people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You do not know what a Christian is because if you did you would know we don't murder people.

Pretty our American "Sniper" Hero is/was a Christian........and a role model to boot!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I would think there would be a difference between someone sitting on top of a clock tower, picking random civilians off in the square, versus someone who enlisted into military service and was serving in active duty on a commissioned military mission against their aggressor.

Just because you are Christian doesn't mean you can't serve in the military. And being a soldier doesn't necessarily make you a murderer.

I will concede, however, that I don't know the story behind the sniper you are referring to. I haven't seen the movie and I haven't read any of the news articles about him. I've seen the headlines lately, but I know nothing about his situation, story or how he is being portrayed in the media.

edit on 1/20/2015 by WashMoreFeet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WashMoreFeet

I would think there would be a difference between someone sitting on top of a clock tower, picking random civilians off in the square, versus someone who enlisted into military service and was serving in active duty on a commissioned military mission against their aggressor.

Just because you are Christian doesn't mean you can't serve in the military. And being a soldier doesn't necessarily make you a murderer.

You've gotta love euphemisms though...

Å99

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What were you Hitler youth? All that were n his inner circle were put to death for war crimes at least thats what I thought and they would be the only ones qualified to make such statements of knowing for a fact. The tribunals probably would let a Hitler youth off the hook though so thats why I ask I may be off base but you claim to have inner knowledge of the inner circle.

You do not have to be a part of the elite to be an elitist. By wars end there were over one and a half million men and women in the SS divisions alone. The SS were only one section of Hitler's elite forces. My personal friend and German interpreter was a member of the SS before he became an interpreter to allied forces in Europe. No, I was not of the German youth and to know something as a fact does not require you to be a part of that fact. You gather facts as well as experience facts. You know better than that.

Why would you not believe many historians who gathered facts from those who were involved in making those facts? There are hundreds of Historians as well as witnesses who wrote and testified of Hitler's life including his own personal valet, doctors and food tasters among a host of others.

The Nuremberg trials were a drop in the bucket (so to speak). There were less than 130 that were tried and about 11 or 12 who got the death penalty. Literally hundreds of thousands were never punished at all.

I will admit that evidence points to Hitler being a Catholic in his youth and gradually adopted Hinduism into his own religion. The Nazi party grew out of several occults and some parts were adopted into Hitlers personal beliefs. This is a known fact by many historical investigations. No one can force you to believe facts and you should simply do a search and see for yourself.
One of many sources - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Let me be the first to say.... THANK YOU for keeping such a BS laiden thread alive and going with even MORE BS

Quite a rant. But that is your expertise isn't it?

Text I've learned to observe, to process, and hold a largely non-judgmental stance on the particulars of what I observe. I've learned respect. I've learned tolerance through the idea of putting yourself in the shoes of those that do count themselves as a member of a congregation.

Just the other day wasn't it? What a double talker -----

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Pretty our American "Sniper" Hero is/was a Christian........and a role model to boot!

"Murder" was the key word. All murder is killing, not all killing is murder.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No offense, but that's a load of crap!

When a German "Nazi" soldier kills the enemy, it's murder, but when an American sniper kills, God knows who, it's not.

edit on 20-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You may want to brush up on The Just War Doctrine of The Catholic Church. Its A logical, common sense approach for Christians as described by the great Church Father, Saint Augustine of Hippo, in the 4th Century.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I know what it is. It's a justification for violence, oppression and conquest at the end of a sword, in the name of Jesus Christ and the symbol of the Cross, that led the way for the Doctrine of Discovery

The Catholic Church and both of their hypocritical doctrines are responsible for the death of tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Christians declared heretics, and the genocide of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of pagans and indigenous populations. To date, neither doctrine has been repealed, or apologized for by, the Vatican or any Pope.

edit on 20-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WashMoreFeet

The only difference is in the indoctrination and personal justification.

On this planet, you can be anything you want. If you want to be a killer, you can be one. Just pick a side and have at it!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Religions of peace? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
edit on 20-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

When a German "Nazi" soldier kills the enemy, it's murder, but when an American sniper kills, God knows who, it's not.

A sniper is not a run of the mill soldier but would be regarded as a Nazi. A Nazi soldier was one of the SS who took the oath to Hitler whereas the common German soldier was a conscripted soldier used as cannon fodder. It was night and day between the two. The SS were conditioned to gladly kill and be killed. The regular German youngster was regarded as expendable front line fodder.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Other than simply pointing out that your woefully absent knowledge of the facts, is sophomoric at best, I'll simply reply with; the Catholic Church is the single, largest, most financially giving, social organization that has ever existed on the planet. The uncountable good that has been done throughout history at least deserves a small thank you, dontcha think?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

You're welcome.

I've got used panties to sell, as obviously your interest in me is more than one in passing...

-NF

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Other than simply pointing out that your woefully absent knowledge of the facts, is sophomoric at best, I'll simply reply with; the Catholic Church is the single, largest, most financially giving, social organization that has ever existed on the planet. The uncountable good that has been done throughout history at least deserves a small thank you, dontcha think?

Please tell me you are not being serious? I mean, seriously?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
You may want to brush up on The Just War Doctrine of The Catholic Church. Its A logical, common sense approach for Christians as described by the great Church Father, Saint Augustine of Hippo, in the 4th Century.

There's nothing logical or common sense about caring what any church has to say about anything including war. I'm sure the Nazis had a just war and genocide doctrine, too.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join