It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: Tangerine

To somewhat clear this matter let it be known that it was a custom in many cultures to verify virginity and mostly after an accusation by the male counterpart or even by the father of the under aged female.

Many cultures? Name some that were not Abrahamic.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Two things were earmarked by NoturTypical as a untrue and assuming. One was Rabbi and the other was murder. As though to imply that this was a Jewish custom only and that rabbi's instigated murder of this nature. Windward appeared to have not known what was meant by NoturTypical's rhetorical question question. I then responded to NoturTypical with only one small and incomplete explanation.

All except that you have me and Windward backwards. The rhetorical Q was directed to me, not originating from me. I replied that I didn't know what she was talking about.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

But, you DID know what I was talking about.

You claimed, that if a person had been legally judged guilty of a crime, then the death sentence wasn't murder. I gave you an example of Jewish Law, in which a young girl could be stoned to death for not bleeding on her wedding night.

You Christians want separate yourself from and place yourself above Christians who haven't behaved according to the fantasy of Christian perfection and love that exists in your minds only.

The fact is, you religion has been promoted by force for nearly 2000 years, at the end of sword, and other Christians were a huge swath of the victims of early the Church's murderous ways. The Christianity that we have today is borne from murder, lies, coercion and fear. The only redeeming quality of Christianity is the fact that people are good, and will find ways of expressing the good even through the darkest of muddiest waters.

I think that you "REAL CHRISTIANS" need to find another name for yourselves so that we, the rest of us, don't continue to get REAL CHRISTIANS mixed up with the billions of people on the planet who have called themselves Christians, but really aren't, according to you.

edit on 25-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You claimed, that if a person had been legally judged guilty of a crime, then the death sentence wasn't murder. I gave you an example of Jewish Law, in which a young girl could be stoned to death for not bleeding on her wedding night.

Well re-read the statement. If Jewish LAW had that as the LAW of the land/nation, then that person's death would have been LEGAL under their LAW and would therefore not be "murder", which is the UNLAWFUL killing of an innocent person.

I think that you "REAL CHRISTIANS" need to find another name for yourselves so that we, the rest of us, don't continue to get REAL CHRISTIANS mixed up with the billions of people on the planet who have called themselves Christians, but really aren't, according to you.

I've made no such statement ^^, straw man.

edit on 25-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"At the end of a sword"???

I think you are mixing up Christians with another major world Religeon in the news right now. That is blatantly false. You were taught the wrong stuff. What's your rationale? The Crusades? Go ahead, display your ignorance even more.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yep. AND, the SS soldiers, following orders under Hitler, were also following LEGAL orders. The Christians who went out and slaughtered millions of indigenous people, who would not convert, and enslaved the ones who did, were also following LEGAL orders.

My point is, Christian ethics change with the times and adjust to the current cultural environment, just like everyone else's. You can't distance yourself, as a Christian, from the dastardly deeds of your Christian predecessors, who have created the foundation of the Christian environment that exists today.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I've made no such statement ^^, straw man.

Nope. You claimed that Hitler was not a Christian. Yet, he claimed he was. Not only that, but the Christian Church he aligned himself with, The Catholic Church, never excommunicated him! The "faith" remained with Hitler.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Just stop!

Go back and study the effects of the "Just War Doctrine" and the "Doctrine of Discovery", not to mention the murders of the Cathars. the Ebonites, the Nazarenes, the Gnostics, etc. etc. etc..........

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

All except that you have me and Windward backwards. The rhetorical Q was directed to me, not originating from me. I replied that I didn't know what she was talking about.

Yes I apologize for that mistake and did notice after I hit the key. No excuse on my part except bad thinking.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Many cultures? Name some that were not Abrahamic

I gave you a source on page 15 -1/14/15 -

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You can't distance yourself, as a Christian, from the dastardly deeds of your Christian predecessors, who have created the foundation of the Christian environment that exists today.

Does that also apply to non Christians? By your judgment then you can't distance (whatever that means) yourself from the dastardly deeds of your non Christian predecessors who have created all of the non Christian foundation environments that exist today. Man that is a can of worms isn't it? That would show that you have one bigger mess in your backyard than the Christians have in their backyard by a fantastic more dastardly deeds. WOW--

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
To Windward

If a person had been legally judged guilty of a crime, then the death sentence wasn't murder. I gave you an example of Jewish Law, in which a young girl could be stoned to death for not bleeding on her wedding night.

Windword - Can you give me that particular Judaic law?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

By your judgment then you can't distance (whatever that means) yourself from the dastardly deeds of your non Christian predecessors who have created all of the non Christian foundation environments that exist today.

I wouldn't try to. My ancestors owned slaves. I can't separate that from my history. My grandparents ran Boot Leg Whiskey. They were arrested and convicted for "espionage" for taking a picture of a bridge for the purpose of plotting to sneak across it to transport an illegal substance.

My mother, a devout "born again" evangelical Christian, got caught up in the hate in the '60s and forced my sister to have an abortion because the baby would have been black.

Can't separate it, and I would even try to. That would be dishonest, and the ignorance that "we" have overcome and insight "we've" gained in the meantime would be in nullified if "we" did.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

To Windward

If a person had been legally judged guilty of a crime, then the death sentence wasn't murder. I gave you an example of Jewish Law, in which a young girl could be stoned to death for not bleeding on her wedding night.

Windword - Can you give me that particular Judaic law?

Deuteronomy 22:20
But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

That has already been done and then the Romans killed almost all of us and stole our name. Then Luther did the same thing and called themselves Lutherans. Then everybody jumped in to the mess and that's why we now have denominations. Now you can call them by name and not be confused. The reason you are confused is that you have not learned to call the bunch that you hate by their name. It's some thing like calling all people humans. You have to learn to call out the humans you hate by name. It's real simple after you take a lesson from Hitler.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't hate anyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 22:20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Very rare indeed even though law. In that era a Jewish bride was well informed of the consequence of lying by the family as well as the priest. There was always a three day preparation of both bride and groom and at the expected time of consummation of the marriage it was customary for witnesses placed outside of the quarters to immediately take the cloth and give it to the parents for safe keeping.

Even in the event that blood was not shown, then the examination by qualified female authorities wold verify the claim. It was almost fool proof for the innocent woman and virtually non existent. The claim must be presented by the next day at the latest. Blood was not always proof of the lack of virginity.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is FAR from the point. And, by the way, there are numerous biological reasons why a woman may not bleed the first time she has sex, besides whoredom.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
"At the end of a sword"???

I think you are mixing up Christians with another major world Religeon in the news right now. That is blatantly false. You were taught the wrong stuff. What's your rationale? The Crusades? Go ahead, display your ignorance even more.

The Crusades never happened? I thought it was the Holocaust that never happened. No, wait, that happened, too. What about eminent domain in North America?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Many cultures? Name some that were not Abrahamic

I gave you a source on page 15 -1/14/15 -

The source was very vague (ie. some parts of India and South America). There are numerous cultures on those continents.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join