It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am not ashamed for my beliefs and see no reason to hide how I feel about my religious beliefs.

Christian Fundamentalism is a conservative movement within American Protestantism that aims to uphold traditional Christian beliefs in the face of many modernist challenges.

Often I see many here on ATS complaining about religion but very few coming "out of the closet" and totally denying the existence of God and their hate for him (there are only a few) instead they blame God for the world's problems and that is as far as they dare to venture in blaspheming him.

I am a Christian fundamentalist and proud to be one BUT I do not support any who act childish and spread hate and ignorance. What gives Christian Fundamentalism a bad name are the lunatics who lead those blind sheep into spreading hate and arrogance. I disagree with the homosexual life style but I don't hate them nor do I wish they burn and/or suffer in the afterlife. I hate sin not the sinner. No one is perfect and that includes Christian fundamentalists. We are not here to judge one another but to correct one another by using the fruits of the "Holy Spirit" with love, patience and understanding not with hate, anger, brainwashing etc....

A Christian fundamentalist first and foremost goal is to "do our best" in trying to live the life of a Christian according to the teachings of the bible. Anything else you might have heard or seen is not Christian fundamentalism.

So lets do this....... Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it.... that you reject him and if you love him then say it and praise him.

Let all those in heaven and hell see this record.

So how do you feel about YWYH (Jehovah) God?
edit on 10-1-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
He's a psychopath

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Have neither need nor use for any religion... its an instrument of oppression .. control .. used to justify cold blooded murder of anyone who doesnt believe in a groups particular superstition.
primitive.. barbaric.. bloodthirsty superstition that should have been left behind centuries ago..
edit on 10/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
So how do you feel about YWYH (Jehovah) God?

That He's all powerful and in charge so we might as well accept it and roll with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Someone had to come out with something like this.

Thanks for standing up.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hate for religion does not mean hate of god.
Religion has not got an monopoly on god.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your honesty, while I do not follow your religion I respect your beliefs & your right to express those beliefs respectfully. It's very telling of this community that people feel the need to "come out" about their religion, there are many here who are intolerant of the beliefs of others.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TheHighestNumber because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
And completely oblivious to the irony of bragging about it.

Sigh...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If you believe in being a good person, and feel that since only God can judge sin in heaven, and you refrain from telling other people how they are going to hell unless they subscribe to your version of Jesus, then I fully support your religion. I hope it makes you happy. But when you venture out of your way to chastise someone it lumps you into the "other" category.

God bless and have a nice day.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheHighestNumber
Thanks for your honesty, while I do not follow your religion I respect your beliefs & your right to express those beliefs respectfully. It's very telling of this community that people feel the need to "come out" about their religion, there are many here who are intolerant of the beliefs of others.
Your damn right I'm intolerant of the beliefs of others. Do you respect the beliefs of NAZIs? Do you respect the beliefs of racists homophobes or pedophiles? Of course not. So why do religious beliefs have to be respected?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I don't hate the Christian God. I don't believe that it exists. What I hate is people telling me that I need to have faith in a book that describes the Biblical God and if I don't acquiesce to "him", I'm judged by them as rejecting my creator, as immoral, self deceived "A Seed of Satan" and bound for Hell.

What I hate about "Fundamentalism" is their need to intrude and force their beliefs on others through legislation, coming between a woman and her doctor and her freedom of choice, attempting to rewrite history and dumb down the educational system, and just basically keeping the thumb of Christian Sharia Law squishing down the society.

edit on 10-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Have neither need nor use for any religion... its an instrument of oppression .. control .. used to justify cold blooded murder of anyone who doesnt believe in a groups particular superstition.
primitive.. barbaric.. bloodthirsty superstition that should have been left behind centuries ago..

Well that's brilliant. Likewise, do you not own a hammer since sometimes people have used a hammer to murder other people?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Good for you deathslayer.
I'm an atheist and have little use for religion in my life, but my wife sings in the church choir every Sunday. Proudly stating your beliefs is not bragging either, it's drawing a line in the sand and saying "$&%# you! I won't do want ya tell me". you have found something to inspire you, thats something many people never find.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

…aims to uphold traditional Christian beliefs…

Tradition is part of the problem.

link
edit on 10-1-2015 by intrptr because: change

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: Expat888

Well that's brilliant. Likewise, do you not own a hammer since sometimes people have used a hammer to murder other people?

Throughout history religion.. in particular the abrahamic religions have caused more death and bloodshed than anything else.. even today people are butchering each other over whose figment of the imagination is better.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Pedophiles may or may not call their desires beliefs, but really they are desires, twisted ones at that. I will respect the beliefs of anyone who doesn't use them as an excuse to hurt others, when it starts to harm others then the time to respect is over. As far as I'm aware the OP hasn't harmed anyone else for his/her beliefs. Yes I am aware others have used the same beliefs to do so, but he has not so I will be respectful to him in regards to his beliefs.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
And completely oblivious to the irony of bragging about it.

He's in good company, though;
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith". Romans ch1 v16

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sorry but after moving to Nashville, Tennessee I can say that Christian Fundamentalists are some of the most racist, hateful, fearful people I have ever met. Nearly any conversation with a local here quickly devolves into prejudice rhetoric. I can't believe how casually the racism comes out in conversations here. Christian Fundos hate or fear everyone who does not belong to their flock. This city has so many churches that the police shut down the roads on Sundays so us normal people have to wait and sit in traffic while the gigantic mega-church-cults empty out their parking lots. It's really annoying. And if I as an Atheist asked the police to shut down traffic while my secular humanist meeting lets out, I'd be laughed at and called a sinner.

There are giant billboards here that declare evolution as a lie from the devil and we should all repent before the end times.

My mailbox gets flooded with anti-science literature daily, making ridiculous claims like "We don't know if the chicken or the egg came first so God must have created everything."

My barber always the latest issue of some Christian Soldier type magazine out on the table for customers to read. It's literally 50 pages of end-times Armageddon fear mongering, telling people to put on the armor of Christ and prepare to do battle with the forces of Satan before the world ends in fiery damnation. This is insane.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't like religion but I believe in the possibility that a god exists...maybe even your god...but can you accept and believe that there is a possibility that god doesn't exist....and that your god may not exist?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You seem to have a solid head on your shoulders. There are a lot of problems with Christian fundamentalists. But there are also problems with everyone.

Two things I notice, first of all, not all Christians are the vile ones depicted by atheists. You even point out behaviors you don't support.

Second of all, people shouldn't be afraid or not allowed to be proud of who they are - even if it is a Christian fundamentalist. But I think there is that undertone today, that it's not okay to be a Christian.
edit on 10amSat, 10 Jan 2015 08:51:45 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join