It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
I'm no computer geek, but I'd characterize it as a bulletin board, not a "chat thread".

a reply to: Tangerine

Yes, that's a vitally important distinction but it doesn't distract us from noticing your claim about Hitler being an atheist. He wasn't. He was a Christian until the day he died, like it or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

He was a Christian until the day he died, like it or not.

That's a lie, I just posted numerous quotes on the previous page from Hilter displaying contempt for both Christians and Christianity. Hitler was a propagandist, and spoke like the masses when trying to deceive the masses. Those masses were 80% Christian in Germany and he knew what to say to appease them. What he said in privacy to close associates is a completely different thing. He showed his true colors, which matches his "fruit" (having millions of innocent people murdered).

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

He was a Christian until the day he died, like it or not.

That's a lie, I just posted numerous quotes on the previous page from Hilter displaying contempt for both Christians and Christianity. Hitler was a propagandist, and spoke like the masses when trying to deceive the masses. Those masses were 80% Christian in Germany and he knew what to say to appease them. What he said in privacy to close associates is a completely different thing. He showed his true colors, which matches his "fruit" (having millions of innocent people murdered).

These threads are filled with Christians displaying contempt for other Christians. It's an old tradition.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Good one Proverbs some old testament stuff. I thought you were a Christian.

I am. Did I say we need to follow the law? Did I quote Exodus? Jesus also quoted the OT exclusively. In Revelation John refers to some 800 places in the OT. So do all the other NT authors. I have no idea where you are going with that one so I'll let it be.

I have never met two Christians who can agree with each other what it is to be a Christian but they will claim to know about Hitlers faith.

I have no idea what his faith was, but I know what it wasn't. That is Christianity. And his fruit proved that without a shadow of a doubt. Jesus never advocated for murder. I can double-check to see if He did, but I'm 99.9% sure He didn't.

The claim Hitler was an atheist is one of the most dishonest tricks Christians still use today. It is pure propaganda on their part.

I didn't claim he was an Atheist, I said he wasn't a Christian and he was a propagandist speaking to a public that was 80% Christian.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

These threads are filled with Christians displaying contempt for other Christians. It's an old tradition.

But none here are backing that up with the ordering of 6+ million innocent people to be killed. And there are no "Christians" who post here displaying contempt for Christianity. Unlike Hitler.

It's kinda creepy, why are you desperate for Hitler to be a devout Christian? Despite what he said about Christianity to his closest associates?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That has nothing to do with the fact that he was bragging about being blameless according to the law of moses

If you don't understand the premise, or you have a false premise then you will arrive at a false conclusion. He wasn't bragging, he was saying if the law made someone righteous he would be righteous on his own. His conclusion was the law DID NOT make someone righteous.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That's a lie, I just posted numerous quotes on the previous page from Hilter displaying contempt for both Christians and Christianity.

You must have missed this.

So much for those quotes.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

LOL Christians have been inventing ways to distance themselves from Hitler for a long time now.

Let's accept that as 100% fact for sake of argument shall we??

Hitler cannot distance himself however, from ordering the murders of 6+ million innocent people.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." ~ Jesus

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not." ~ Jesus

By his "fruit" he was known as not a Christian. CLEARLY. lol

edit on 19-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That's a lie, I just posted numerous quotes on the previous page from Hilter displaying contempt for both Christians and Christianity.

You must have missed this.

So much for those quotes.

See above.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

IF he had it would have been recorded...

I previously posed where Paul said he did. Go back a few pages.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

By his "fruit" he was known as not a Christian. CLEARLY. lol

So all Christians that go to war are NOT Christians? What about George Bush? What about the Christian "Doctrine of Discovery"?

I'm sorry but it's impossible to extricate Christians from the violence brought with Christianity the symbol of the "The Cross".

edit on 19-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So all Christians that go to war are NOT Christians? What about George Bush? What about the Christian "Doctrine of Discovery"?

When did Bush order the murder of innocent people? And if he did, well based on what Jesus said, that would expose him as not being a Christian.

Not everyone who claims to be a Christian is one. That's why we are warned to look out for wolves pretending to be sheep. And I'll have to Google this 'Doctrine of Discovery'. In all my life I have never heard of it, never heard it preached, and never read about it in any book on Systematic Theology.

Edit: Okay, that's why I have never heard of it. That's a Catholic thing. I'm not Catholic, nor do I practice Catholicism. You'll have to ask them about that, they believe his (the pope) decrees are on par with decrees of Jesus. Sorry, can't help you with that one.

I'm sorry but it's impossible to extricate Christians from the violence brought with Christianity the symbol of the "The Cross".

So Jesus was talking out His backside and lying when He said : "By their fruits you shall know them."? That was just a joke He was making?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

When did Bush order the murder of innocent people?

Bush announced to the American people that "God Told Him to End the Tyranny in Iraq", thus ordering the death hundreds of thousands innocent people.

Edit: Okay, that's why I have never heard of it. That's a Catholic thing. I'm not Catholic, nor do I practice Catholicism. You'll have to ask them about that, they believe his (the pope) decrees are on par with decrees of Jesus. Sorry, can't help you with that one.

The Doctrine of Discovery was a Papal Decree that was adopted by the global Christian community, including Presbyterians and Protestants. And then of course, we never would have had the The Doctrine of Discovery without the prerequisite of St Augustine's The Just War.

Sure, there's good Christians out there, but NOT being good doesn't make someone NOT a Christian, and just because some deeds are bad, that doesn't mean Christians didn't do them.

edit on 19-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's kinda creepy, why are you desperate for Hitler to be a devout Christian? Despite what he said about Christianity to his closest associates?

I believe I am qualified enough on this to form an honest opinion. I was there and I know that none of Hitlers elite were Christian and I know for a fact that Hitler practiced a variety of middle eastern and far eastern kults. It was a requirement to not be a Christian to be within his circle. I know for a fact that the SS and other command officers were not Christian but were in mixed cults of various origins. The conscripted average Germans were mostly Christian and the average German army officers were mostly christian but not the elite which the SS were the chosen. Hitler was not a practicing Catholic but had some respect and ties with the Vatican which he used for his own benefit. Hitler used all people for his nationalist gain. His entire program was world domination and not selected nationalism. His entire selected commanders were barbaric murderers even in defeat and none were confessed Christians.

We never gave wounded up to the SS or elite commands but would seek help for our wounded with regular army commands. The regular army commanders had no respect for the SS or elite commanders. Germany would have eventually fallen within in time. But no, Hitler was a mad confused Kultish murderer with no allegiance to any god.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Who are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Because I am not finding your pleas convincing.

Hitler was a Christian and like so many other deluded Christians he thought his cause was righteous. The winners of war judge if a cause is or isn't. If the Nazi's had won Hitler probably would have been viewed as a Christian hero just like Crusaders who murdered and pillaged were.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Let me be the first to say....

THANK YOU for keeping such a BS laiden thread alive and going with even MORE BS

Woohoo!!! Keep it REAL, ATS...keep it real...

-NF

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I believe I am qualified enough on this to form an honest opinion. I was there and I know that none of Hitlers elite were Christian

What were you Hitler youth? All that were n his inner circle were put to death for war crimes at least thats what I thought and they would be the only ones qualified to make such statements of knowing for a fact.

The tribunals probably would let a Hitler youth off the hook though so thats why I ask I may be off base but you claim to have inner knowledge of the inner circle.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Who are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Neither. I don't care if you think he was a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, or worshiped Zeus. I care what Jesus said. Jesus never commanded mass-murder or genocide. It's clear that Hitler didn't know Christ, and didn't have the Holy Spirit. Hell, I can say I'm a billionaire all I want to, I can proclaim it to everyone I meet till the day I die. Doesn't change my bank account.

Like the age old proverb says, "actions speak louder than words."

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If it was my guess, I would call Hitler an occultist.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Bush announced to the American people that "God Told Him to End the Tyranny in Iraq", thus ordering the death hundreds of thousands innocent people.

That's quite the straw man. He continued a war ended not by a peace treaty, but by a ceasefire agreement. (Key detail) According to military ROE and the Geneva Convention we could only fire on people actively engaged in armed conflict. You'd have to show where he ordered the military to murder innocent people like Hitler did with the Jews and other "non-desirables."

The Doctrine of Discovery was a Papal Decree that was adopted by the global Christian community, including Presbyterians and Protestants. And then of course, we never would have had the The Doctrine of Discovery without the prerequisite of St Augustine's The Just War.

Yes, I Goggled it. And like I said, you'd have to ask the Catholics about that. I can't offer anything other than the pope isn't Jesus. I follow Jesus.

And as far as Protestants go, Google says the Pope issued the decree in 1452. The Protestant Reformation "officially" began in January 1518.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join