It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Where to even start with this one...

Well being that this entitled rich prick had a newer BMW I am guessing mommy and daddy gave him what he needed. His spoiled privileged lifestyle corrupted him into thinking he was entitled to a girlfriend. He was really short by looking at the video, he may have been slouching, but from my perspective it looked like he would need a booster seat just to properly see over the steering wheel.

I don't really know what to say, because it is all hind sight. All I can say is it would have been beneficial if he saw a psychiatrist or maybe some sort of life coach to teach him how to talk to women. I saw a few posts here that mention that he should have tried working out, or maybe pick up a guitar, get a few tattoos, make yourself unique. But killing innocent people because you are an ugly little douchebag is not the solution.

a reply to: Kryties

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Neglected by his parents and rejected by the world.
Clearly an unstable guy, but for every one that does this kind of thing there are a million that are hurting like him.
Be kind when rejecting people, it's tough not to be wanted.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Are we training our young men to be emotionally dependent on women? He got mixed messages about where his personal happiness comes from or women are objects that can be controlled, or maybe he was just depraved.

Honestly, he really focused a lot on being a 'man' to which he blamed women for preventing him from becoming one.

All of his rants about how great he was and jealousy veiled as outrage that other men where getting the attention of women indicates a powerful undercurrent of not feeling like a 'man.' He really demonstrated little to no effort in actually approaching women according to all the available evidence. Most of his misogynistic/racist remarks are resulting from comparing himself to other 'men.'

Others of noted the extreme narcissism he put on display which seemed to cause his obsession.

Women seem to present themselves (in his view) as an insurmountable barrier to him becoming a member of the group of 'men.' His views of them as objects really gets amplified when he talks about them in this adversarial manner which is behavior often demonstrated by people or groups who view themselves as battling some oppressor or opposition.

This is seen often during conflicts such as war or politics where members of the opposition are continually slandered (whether true or not) until they are perceived as sub-human. Just go to any anti-Islam, far-left or far right propaganda websites and you can see it for yourself.

This is really a case of an individual without the coping skills or support system to blunt, or divert, the expression of his strong negative emotions.

-FBB

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

originally posted by: MOMof3
Are we training our young men to be emotionally dependent on women? He got mixed messages about where his personal happiness comes from or women are objects that can be controlled, or maybe he was just depraved.

This is really a case of an individual without the coping skills or support system to blunt, or divert, the expression of his strong negative emotions.

-FBB

I can't believe I actually read all of that nonsense. I thought his videos where a poor actor, reading a poor script, for a high school film class. But that supposedly 141 page autobiographical / manifesto, was only readable because of what occurred. I ask you; "If this atrocity had never happened, would you have read all 141 pages?"

I swear, we live in such a corrupt, convoluted, contrived, manipulated, controlled and deceptive world; I don't know what to believe anymore.

I do know that we are in serious trouble and over half the people in the world are either clueless or defiantly complacent.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Have the people that wait for things like this never been in a developing situation in whatever it is you do?

I am well aware of the confusion of reports during a developing situation and how the media, in a rush to get the story out make many mistakes. I just think it's weird that the media was reporting exactly the right number of dead -- but, the "authorities" had not yet found the three people stabbed!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli
he really focused a lot on being a 'man' to which he blamed women for preventing him from becoming one.

where getting the attention of women indicates a powerful undercurrent of not feeling like a 'man.'

What's with the "man" thing?
Why do women get to be women but men can't be...."men"?

edit on 25-5-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
again we,r talking about a mass shooting in america and again all i,m hearing is the right to bear arms,don,t you see that right is causing so many lifes?Britains not great but show me a story every couple of months about a mass shooting,it just doesn,t happen.your lucky if you hear about more than one person shot in same group in years,never mind every other month.

america the land of opportunity?as long as you can dodge bullets then it may be.

Just stop, seriously. Both sides, just stop.

I'm a huge proponent of gun rights and have spent more time here on ATS defending them than most people, but this is NOT about guns. This is about PEOPLE.

In all people there is the potential for great evil. People we consider good have had a life that was useful for building up roadblocks to that evil expressing itself. The "bad" people, for whatever reason, haven't built up those roadblocks. Stop talking about tools and start talking about the one using them.

There was a time in this country where you could buy fully automatic military grade firearms dirt cheap, you could buy anti aircraft weapons, pretty much anything you want, from a catalog and have it sent to your house.

For the most part, the type of guns you can buy now has never been more restricted (other than the few years during the AWB) and the people allowed to buy them fewer (in the sense of restrictions placed on ownership) yet we see more of these sadistic mass killings.

If guns were the problem, the problem would be going away, and it's not. Overall gun violence is dropping, simply following a drop in violence and crime overall, but the type of gun crime is getting worse.

The guns have not changed. Just because they might look more scary to YOU does not mean the guns in the hands of Americans are anymore dangerous than they were 30 or 50 years ago. Yet people are getting more dangerous, sick, twisted, and stupid.

If you want to focus on the guns you'll fight a loosing battle, ignoring the real causes while alienating millions of people and battling people like myself who will not give up their right to defend themselves. If you truly give a crap about any victims of these mass shootings, focus on why people are getting so twisted up and snapping like this? What is so sick in our society people are loosing their minds? Guns have been here a loooooong time, this current mass shooting type violence by young men and boys has not. It's incredibly stupid to suggest any connection.

I'm not claiming to know what the cause is, but I know it's not guns. There are a lot of good candidates, but I put my money on not allowing humans to be humans. Animals in captivity often develop a lot of issues, both in general physical health as well as mental health. To assume humans are immune to this is very arrogant. The lives a LOT of us here in the US are exactly like living in captivity.

People are put into an unnatural environment, with unnatural expectations placed upon them, and unnatural limits over them, and then we all sit around and wonder why we act so messed up. Instead of stopping the thing that's messing us up, we just try to take away the tools that some bad people use, even if those tools give millions of others the ability to feed and defend their families.

We aren't animals that act on basic instinct alone, but we aren't some spiritual beings immune from our "lower" needs either. We are somewhere in the middle, just enough mental power to be arrogant, but most don't have enough to truly understand and feel we still have an animal side that needs tending to. But it seems the common theme for everyone is to ignore and hide this fact because of pride or shame, to put up a facade of being a pure intellect because that's what is deemed important and valued today. Personally I value honesty in people over intellectual ability.

I'm not saying we should have free whore houses so men can get their jollies to avoid becoming violent. That's a very very small way of looking at it. Sex, a partner, these are only part of the needs that our "lower" selves have. We also crave authenticity, a real life, real things, real people, real work, real duty, and very few of us have any of it anymore. Everything around is is fake, produced, designed, marketed. Even most of our pleasures are shallow and temporary instead of deep and long-lived.

When a person is truly fulfilled they won't obsess over sex, it's likely such a person would find it because of who they are, but they aren't going to kill someone because they don't get laid. Fulfillment isn't about certificates and money it's about feeling needed, wanted, and a part of the world around you.

Chopping some wood that heats the home for your family and friends is a great feeling. Knowing you were able to bring comfort to someone else. It's a shame that so many people have lost the ability to feel pleasure in such a thing and would now just consider it an annoying chore. Just a small example of the authentic feelings and joys that are lost, and replaced with STUFF. And then we are expected to be happy just because we have STUFF, which can never replace the things lost.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
again we,r talking about a mass shooting in america and again all i,m hearing is the right to bear arms,don,t you see that right is causing so many lifes?Britains not great but show me a story every couple of months about a mass shooting,it just doesn,t happen.your lucky if you hear about more than one person shot in same group in years,never mind every other month.

america the land of opportunity?as long as you can dodge bullets then it may be.

The facts are he stabbed 3 to death, shot 2 to death and tried using his car to run down others. Which weapon would you like banned? Wash ington Post

As usual it's all about the gun and the killing spree, never mind the method. Is anyone calling for car bans. knife bans, or is it as always just gun bans?

He is another whack job that was willing to use anything for a weapon to murder people, but the media would have you convinced he was a gun crazed killing machine.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Well those tough anti gun laws don't seem to work.

Sadly, one must look at the culture as the cause rather than the weapon.

Being shot at random, if it was random would be very hard on the families affected. I could not imagine getting one of those visits.

P

What anti gun laws?? hell you can't even get a back ground check passed to see if a criminal or a nut wanted to purchase a fire arm not even safety measures on a fire arm is allowed (talking about a firearm that only the owner can use),I don't think America have more nuts than any other industrialized nation,but we sure gave them enough access both legal and illegal.. and lets get real outside of conflict zones this sorta random thing is extremely rare in other parts of the globe...guess why!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Being shot at random, if it was random would be very hard on the families affected. I could not imagine getting one of those visits.

P

What anti gun laws?? hell you can't even get a back ground check passed to see if a criminal or a nut wanted to purchase a fire arm not even safety measures on a fire arm is allowed (talking about a firearm that only the owner can use),I don't think America have more nuts than any other industrialized nation,but we sure gave them enough access both legal and illegal.. and lets get real outside of conflict zones this sorta random thing is extremely rare in other parts of the globe...guess why!

Once again to spare any propaganda he did go through background checks when purchasing firearms, and all of his magazines were 10 rounds. You can't bring illegal into the equation, our own government sells firearms to drug cartels, and if there is anything for sure in this world, if you have the money you can anything you want and I mean anything. In any country anywhere. Most drug cartels in South America are as well equipped as our own military.

News Source

- Zug, Switzerland, September 27, 2001: a man murdered 15 members of a cantonal parliament.
- Tours, France, October 29, 2001: four people were killed and 10 wounded when a French railway worker started killing people at a busy intersection in the city.
- Nanterre, France, March 27, 2002: a man kills eight city councilors after a city council meeting.
- Erfurt, Germany on April 26, 2002: a former student kills 18 at a secondary school.
- Freising, Germany on February 19, 2002: Three people killed and one wounded.
- Turin, Italy on October 15, 2002: Seven people were killed on a hillside overlooking the city.
- Madrid, Spain, October 1, 2006: a man kills two employees and wounds another at a company that he was fired from.
- Emsdetten, Germany, November 20, 2006: a former student murders 11 people at a high school.
- Southern Finland, November 7, 2007: Seven students and the principal were killed at a high school.
- Naples, Italy, September 18, 2008: Seven dead and two seriously wounded in a public meeting hall (not included in totals below because it may possibly have involved the mafia).
- Kauhajoki, Finland, Sept. 23, 2008: 10 people were shot to death at a college.
Winnenden, Germany, March 11, 2009: a 17-year-old former student killed 15 people, including nine students and three teachers.
- Lyon, France, March 19, 2009: ten people injured after a man opened fire on a nursery school.
- Athens, Greece, April 10, 2009: three people killed and two people injured by a student at a vocational college.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands, April 11, 2009: three people killed and 1 injured at a crowded cafe.
Vienna, Austria, May 24, 2009: one dead and 16 wounded in an attack on a Sikh Temple.
- Espoo, Finland, Dec. 31, 2009: 4 killed while shopping at a mall on New Year's Eve.
- Cumbria, England, June 2, 2010: 12 people killed by a British taxi driver.

The US isn't the only one there are whack jobs. The MSM only reports what happens in this country to promote an anti-gun agenda.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Spider879

P

Once again to spare any propaganda he did go through background checks when purchasing firearms, and all of his magazines were 10 rounds. You can't bring illegal into the equation, our own government sells firearms to drug cartels, and if there is anything for sure in this world, if you have the money you can anything you want and I mean anything. In any country anywhere. Most drug cartels in South America are as well equipped as our own military.

News Source

- Zug, Switzerland, September 27, 2001: a man murdered 15 members of a cantonal parliament.
- Tours, France, October 29, 2001: four people were killed and 10 wounded when a French railway worker started killing people at a busy intersection in the city.
- Nanterre, France, March 27, 2002: a man kills eight city councilors after a city council meeting.
- Erfurt, Germany on April 26, 2002: a former student kills 18 at a secondary school.
- Freising, Germany on February 19, 2002: Three people killed and one wounded.
- Turin, Italy on October 15, 2002: Seven people were killed on a hillside overlooking the city.
- Madrid, Spain, October 1, 2006: a man kills two employees and wounds another at a company that he was fired from.
- Emsdetten, Germany, November 20, 2006: a former student murders 11 people at a high school.
- Southern Finland, November 7, 2007: Seven students and the principal were killed at a high school.
- Naples, Italy, September 18, 2008: Seven dead and two seriously wounded in a public meeting hall (not included in totals below because it may possibly have involved the mafia).
- Kauhajoki, Finland, Sept. 23, 2008: 10 people were shot to death at a college.
Winnenden, Germany, March 11, 2009: a 17-year-old former student killed 15 people, including nine students and three teachers.
- Lyon, France, March 19, 2009: ten people injured after a man opened fire on a nursery school.
- Athens, Greece, April 10, 2009: three people killed and two people injured by a student at a vocational college.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands, April 11, 2009: three people killed and 1 injured at a crowded cafe.
Vienna, Austria, May 24, 2009: one dead and 16 wounded in an attack on a Sikh Temple.
- Espoo, Finland, Dec. 31, 2009: 4 killed while shopping at a mall on New Year's Eve.
- Cumbria, England, June 2, 2010: 12 people killed by a British taxi driver.

The US isn't the only one there are whack jobs. The MSM only reports what happens in this country to promote an anti-gun agenda.

Points taken buuut like I said the wack jobs have been very busy lately the nations you mentioned above did do random killings but again how many times in one yr or even two yrs a decade
Look I am not saying grabs all guns and it will solve the issue and the fact that this nut slipped through the cracks doesn't mean we throw our hands up in the air and walk away just mean we have to do better,a store robber can rob a store and get away but we keep tightening security and policing the neighborhood right??

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I'm a huge proponent of gun rights and have spent more time here on ATS defending them than most people, but this is NOT about guns. This is about PEOPLE.
a reply to: James1982

When a Mad dude thinks how many can he kill with a knife, a common logic says 2-3 to 5-6 max. How many with a gun, like automatic types, probably 10 easily and if well planned then above of 20. Although Mad dude has plans for 100s.

No other item (unless Mad dudes learn to make bombs like McVeigh) promises equal amount of destruction of humans. Guns are a good tool to attain the final release of the pent up hatred and anger.

Control the guns Morons !! or is it the EGO that is making you all fight for the gun rights ??

In White House briefing after Colorado cinema hall shooting, a Russian journalist was very rudely handled by the Press Secretary. Guess who is laughing now ??

Although such tragic shootings of "innocent and unrelated" are nothing to laugh about !! But "I TOLD YOU SO" must me echoing in that Russian Journalist's mind now.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Just seen this on the BBC News site (although it's been up since yesterday afternoon):

Witness interviews

Second interviewee says that he saw 2 people in the BMW...

I'm coming to this story late, so maybe this has been proven otherwise, but thought it important if not.

And the 2nd person that always seems to be seen by eye witnesses is what is referred to as the Handler. All mind control victims have a handler, and it would go a long way to suggest why there always seems to be more than one involved, but the official version is always "one crazy shooter".
I seriously do not know how many more times this can happen before people finally see what is happening. And with all the evidence of mind control being used on a daily basis, then why do people keep ignoring its main purpose and impact ?

Stop the people behind this programming, and I guarantee you that the shootings drop off dramatically. But that wouldn't help in the push for tougher gun laws. Guns are the last defence against a corrupt Government. The Government knows this and that's why they want your guns so bad.

Gun laws do not explain how people get access to a stole or unregistered gun, nor do they remove these guns from society. Didn't this guy allegedly stab people as well, so where is the big push for knife control laws ?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Others of noted the extreme narcissism he put on display which seemed to cause his obsession.

I was hard on that kid also initially but two new facts allow me to give some sympathy to him.......

a) brought up with step mother........ he must have felt lack of love, no matter how good the step mom was.
b) he had some mental syndrome that degrades the social interaction skills.

Still, he should have fought fought fought, not with the world but with himself and challenges he was facing.

Win over your ownself and that is equal to winning over half the world !!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Andromedabound
No. He wasn't neglected by his parents or rejected by the world. Read my post that has his manifesto. He was a jealous, spiteful, spoiled kid who actually had more than most of us can imagine growing up.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Add to that.... didn't he have aspergers? That doesn't quite help him staying stable....

2nd line

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Elliot Rodgers is the embodiment of the Red Pill movement:

Frustrated males who blame all their problems on women, and for whom the only way out of this is violence.
Violence is the ultimate expression of powerlessness.

Rich family, big car, and yet he couldn't understand he was single because of his absolutely despicable personality and mental illness. 90% of the world would want his situation and yet he was still whining like a baby.

MRA and red pill guys think the world owes them sex. The world owes them nothing.

The red pill movement can lead to more of these when their toxic idea find roots in the minds of mentally ill males.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

b) he had some mental syndrome that degrades the social interaction skills.

He was a narcissistic sociopath.

He felt ostracized and bullied at the following (found in all the stuff he posted):

-happy young couples
-non white men talking to white women
-being forced to not play WoW
-his sister having sex
-his friend having sex with an ugly girl
-women never talking to him (he never initiated conversation ever)
-he was on the red carpet for hunger games and got mad that paparazzi pushed him aside to get shots of Jennifer Lawrence

He said some random girls and his roommates deserved death because he couldn't get laid.

That's how much of a deluded "red pill" a**hole psycho he was.

www.scribd.com...

"I concluded that women are flawed. There is something mentally wrong with the way their brains are wired, as if they haven’t evolved from animal-like thinking. They are incapable of reason or thinking rationally. They are like animals, completely controlled by their primal, depraved emotions and impulses. That is why they are attracted to barbaric, wild, beast-like men. They are beasts themselves. Beasts should not be able to have any rights in a civilized society. If their wickedness is not contained, the whole of humanity will be held back from advancement to a more civilized state. Women should not have the right to choose who to mate with. That choice should be made for them by civilized men of intelligence"

The worst things is that there are thousands of Americans who think like him. They go by the names of incels, MRA, "nice guys" and PUA.

These men are ready to use violence to get sex because they are too creepy to have it the normal way so they scare all the women they talk to.

Every one who calls himself incel, MRA, "Red piller" should be offered mental treatment by society.
edit on 26-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DarksideOz

Well, it's either 'handlers' and 'mind control' or simply one witness being momentarily confused about exactly what they saw in a traumatic, sudden and real time situation in which they probably feared for their life.

You'll notice that only one witness said she'd seen two people.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Reply to: gottaknow

Perhaps.... But usually when you have 'things' (BMW's etc) piled upon you it's because parents are trying to make up for something else. Love, patient training, understanding counsel.
Money, toys and expensive education can never take the place of proper parenting.

I am yet to hear about a case like this where the child had truly loving parents. This will sound presumptuous to some, and I could be wrong in this case, but I would be looking to the mother as his gripe was with woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join