It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I am very concerned with the mental problems this young man had and why he was not reported to authorities.

He was reported, the police interviewed him, he seems fine to them. What could they do at that point? people keep acting like they could do something...he spoke normal gave the right answers, you can't lock someone up for making a gag video or saying things that sound weird.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Char, perhaps you are right. Probably right. I guess it all boils down to how we perceive mental problems and illnesses. I surely do not have the answer, I wish I did.

I foresee more anti gun sentiment arising from this even thought it was not the cause, but result of the young man's problems as were knives.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Earendil

Not sure if anyone posted his supposedly real youtube channel:

www.youtube.com...

" Look at me I am Gorgeous I am Magnificent...he says these things over and over in all of the media he produced.
My glasses cost $300.00 look how i look in them!
I'll keep uploading it until I get at least one honest answer from an actual girl."

He calls all other guys losers and he is so about himself there would be no room for anyone else.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you read his full manifesto you'll see that there is only one thing he fears.... the police.

Why? Because he was 100% confident that they would be the only armed individuals he came into contact with who would be capable of returning fire. Strict gun laws at their best, another case of a legally purchased gun being used for mass murder against the soft targets those gun laws create by emboldening shooters leaving them nothing to fear but the police.

Strict gun laws make these types of shootings easier to plan when you eliminate the deterrent of armed response by law abiding, legally armed citizens. You only have to factor in one threat, which was the only thing he feared, the police.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Perhaps if people had paid attention to his pain, rather than assuming it's not so bad because he's privileged this may not have ended this way.

More likely he was always sick. May have had a problem with Mother, maybe the divorce situation.
psychcentral.com...

Probably Narcacist

Narcissism, in lay terms, basically means that a person is totally absorbed in self. The extreme narcissist is the center of his own universe. To an extreme narcissist, people are things to be used. It usually starts with a significant emotional wound or a series of them culminating in a major trauma of separation/attachment. No matter how socially skilled an extreme narcissist is, he has a major attachment dysfunction. The extreme narcissist is frozen in childhood. He became emotionally stuck at the time of his major trauma of separation/attachment.

maybe...

Profile of the Sociopath
www.mcafee.cc...
edit on 25-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here is a case where a family was concerned about a loved ones mental state and trying to do something about it.The cops can only observe what someone is doing at a specific time.Maybe in the future when a family has these concerns somebody qualified in mental health evaluation should be required to be there also.Were the police made aware of his gun ownership?Even if he didnt own them he did and would have tried to hurt people in other ways.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

All of those mass shootings in the UK are highly regrettable, but four incidents in 27 years does not indicate a massive, systematic problem with random gun violence. Gun incidents are rare here, fortunately, with the very, very vast majority of incidents being directly related to gang conflict.

That said, it surprises me that there haven't been more incidents really - shotgun ownership isn't that rare, especially in rural areas.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus

All of those mass shootings in the UK are highly regrettable, but four incidents in 27 years does not indicate a massive, systematic problem with random gun violence. Gun incidents are rare here, fortunately, with the very, very vast majority of incidents being directly related to gang conflict.

That said, it surprises me that there haven't been more incidents really - shotgun ownership isn't that rare, especially in rural areas.

This incidence and others include more than gun violence, but violence by various means. The world is full of humans and we are killers of all creatures including our own kind :-(

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Perhaps if people had paid attention to his pain, rather than assuming it's not so bad because he's privileged this may not have ended this way.

More likely he was always sick. May have had a problem with Mother, maybe the divorce situation.
psychcentral.com...

Probably Narcacist

Narcissism, in lay terms, basically means that a person is totally absorbed in self. The extreme narcissist is the center of his own universe. To an extreme narcissist, people are things to be used. It usually starts with a significant emotional wound or a series of them culminating in a major trauma of separation/attachment. No matter how socially skilled an extreme narcissist is, he has a major attachment dysfunction. The extreme narcissist is frozen in childhood. He became emotionally stuck at the time of his major trauma of separation/attachment.

maybe...

Profile of the Sociopath
www.mcafee.cc...

Yes, he was no doubt all of the above. My point was that some people here say words to the effect of, 'He's rich so # him, he shouldn't be unhappy.'
Judging by these events i'd guess that was probably a pattern in his life. But, if people listened to him, instead of dismissing him, then they might've picked up the obvious warning signs and he'd have been medicated or locked up and just maybe this massacre would never have happened.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Apparently he had Aspergers, which would explain why a good looking young man had difficulty finding a relationship.Obviously no excuse for his actions, but his mental health issues have to be taken into consideration.
edit on 25-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kebab
Another Classic case of white entitlement.

The guy was biracial. Sounds like someone else has some hatred issues that they need help with.

Have you ever heard of the saying that it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt? ~$heopleNation
edit on 25-5-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: gusdynamite

Who's apologising for him?

What anyone says now, after the fact is besides the point. But treating someone with such a condition with this attitude - no sympathy because their 'privileged' is exactly what leads to this kind of thing happening.

TBH i think you didn't read my post properly.

It's not about "no sympathy because their 'privileged'. It's about getting over your own self pity and realizing just how blessed you are in life, whether you're rich or poor. Why? Because there's always going to be someone else out there that has it worse than you do. Be thankful you're not them and appreciate what you have and move on.

I don't see a "condition" in this kid that can justify his murderous acts. He's capable of logical thought and shows it, yet he chooses not to be a responsible human being and relies on his illogical, dellusioned ideals to guide him on his path to premeditated and random murders. And why? Because he was rejected by women and got butthurt over it.

It's pathetic more than anything.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Robohamster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: Char-Lee

psychcentral.com...

Probably Narcacist

maybe...

Profile of the Sociopath
www.mcafee.cc...

Yes, he was no doubt all of the above. My point was that some people here say words to the effect of, 'He's rich so # him, he shouldn't be unhappy.'
Judging by these events i'd guess that was probably a pattern in his life. But, if people listened to him, instead of dismissing him, then they might've picked up the obvious warning signs and he'd have been medicated or locked up and just maybe this massacre would never have happened.

You probably didn't hear, but even his own parents reported him to the police when they found his YouTube videos. And what did the police do? Nothing. They let him go on his way. And he had plenty of "therapy". He says it himself that it didn't do anything for him.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The guy was obviously mentally disturbed there's no doubt about that.
I think if brothels were legal this kid might not have done this.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
I think some of these shooters are being groomed and programmed to do what they do and its entirely possible there was somebody with them just before or during the events. This and the Sandy Hook shooting would be two. Or maybe some THING was there with them....
And the Aspberger's connection is another thing. Are these people somehow more vulnerable to this programming and are they singled out because of it?
Where did he get the gun? Its Hollywood. No matter what they say, guns are rampant in entertainment circles out there, they just make a show of being against guns so that others can't have them but they'll keep theirs.
The poster who commented on his sexuality was probably dead on. The guy was relatively good looking, had money and a famous dad, even if he was a complete dork he would do okay. Unless maybe he fantasized over make believe Hollywood girls too much and real girls didn't match up.
Hollywood is all about sex and violence( always has been) with a creeping undercurrent that is getting more sick evil and sinister. Its preying on their own, now.

You are not alone is this thought. At breakfast today, I overheard this same conversation. Several people were in agreement that it is possible that the internet has become a perfect place for people or groups with their hidden and not so hidden agendas, to scout, nurture, prep, instruct, and script the actions of the young, disenfranchised, disillusioned and needy in our society.

If they are right, our children are sitting ducks to anyone that has the wealth and the means to manipulate them for their own gain. I was not surprised to read that even in this case, the young man stated he received his first video game counsel for Christmas, around the time he was six or seven, and he felt that video games became friend and foe, and contributed to his outlook on life as he grew older.

People are naturally social beings. Unfortunately, social skills are learned and all children are not as adept with the process. When human interaction is denied or restricted in infants, it often creates a failure to thrive situation for the infant. When the child is older and human interaction is denied or restricted, it creates a wide variety of mental issues. IMHO we are just starting to see the tip of the iceberg. We are raising an entire generation of children with retarded social skills and an acceptance of virtual human connection as normal and preferred.

As an old fart, I grew up with a love for movies, never was crazy about television, but the movies was an entertainment that was shared, an excuse to get out the house. In almost every movie that dealt with the future; machines were evil and were always at the center of our demise. I am beginning to think maybe they were trying to tell us something.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx

Just send him to Nevada where a lot of the counties have legal brothels.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Are we training our young men to be emotionally dependent on women? He got mixed messages about where his personal happiness comes from or women are objects that can be controlled, or maybe he was just depraved.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here is a link to the manifesto of an incredibly spoiled rich kid who silently hated everyone around him for taking chances he never took:

www.scribd.com...

The majority of the manifesto relates his privileged childhood staying in castle-like hotels and generally throwing tantrums in every stage of his life and his addiction to WoW. Then you have quotes like this that show the true over-inflated ego of the psychotic he was:

"I formed an ideology in my head of how the world should work. I was fueled by both my desire to destroy all the injustices of the world, and to exact revenge on everyone I envy and hate(there's a lot of them). I decided that my destiny in life is to rise in power so I can impose my ideology on the world and set everything right."

"I was depressed and bored for the few hours a day I had to spend there (learn at your pace high school) and I disliked all the degenerate, low class students there. They repulsed me."

"I checked Addison's Facebook profile with one of my stalking accounts and I saw that he went to a huge New Year's party at a mansion with his popular Malibu friends. He took lots of pictures of himself posing with various girls. I hated him so much when I saw that. The level of hatred I felt was unreal. He was doing everything I wanted to do. Why him and not me? I cursed at the world. What was seen can never be unseen, and I never will forget it, nor will I forgive it."

"I refused all the jobs that Tony suggested to me. The problem was the jobs that were available to me at the time were jobs I considered to be beneath me. My mother wanted me to get a simple retail job and the thought of myself doing that was mortifying. It would be completely against my character. I am an intellectual who is destined for greatness. I would never perform a low-class service job."

It's worth the read to catch a glimpse of how self-obsessed and horrible people can be no matter how well off they are.

Just a note to say that I, myself, am a 44 year old male virgin who has plenty of experience in the Forever Alone status. While it's certainly a painful lifelong journey that adds a healthy dose of bitterness to go through life this way, I have no intentions whatsoever in exacting revenge or taking other people's lives. There's a difference between sad and psychotic. I saw no evidence throughout his manifesto that he made ANY attempts to truly connect with another girl and he doesn't even mention asking anyone out that I saw. From what I could tell, he just expected the ladies to flock to him and was furious when they did not do so.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Robohamster

And what did the police do? Nothing.

I doubt very much they could lock him up at that point for anything he had done...so what do you think they should have done?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx

He lived with people involved in the film industry, I really doubt he did not come into contact with "loose" types all the time. If it were just a matter of having sex with someone...anyone nice looking... the drugged and drunk party goers he surely encountered often would have done.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join