It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How did he manage to stab three men to death at his house. If they were not drugged I would think he had help. I know there are people here who claim to be some type of warrior capable of it but he didn't seem like the type. Maybe a second person was there from the start. Hoping more will come out about the initial attack.

edit:

I suppose he could have killed each as they arrived home after being away.
edit on 5/26/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

originally posted by: SunnyDee
My first thought was, could there have been a "handler" with this kid?

Lol, never change ATS.

He actually confessed he started making plans about killing all males on earth since he was a kid, just because he was jealous of them.

"LOL, never change ATS", first sign of a person that knows how to manipulate, as in the way that you just did. It's subtle to the untrained reader, but pretty dang obvious to me. ATS minded people come here to discuss and weed out truth from fiction. Honest people here don't insult anything for merely mentioning, because we know anything is possible until proven otherwise. How do you know what this kid has really done or thought? You only know what the media has allowed you to know.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Frantic parents of shooting suspect raced to Isla Vista during rampage

Chin Rodger got the call from her son Elliot Rodger’s therapist at 9:17 p.m. Friday – 13 minutes before authorities say he opened fire outside a sorority house..

Have you gotten Elliot’s email?” he said. “I think you should see it.”

Chin opened the email, saw the first few lines of a 137-page screed Elliot wrote and instantly knew something was terribly wrong, said Simon Astaire, a family friend, who is a Hollywood talent agent and media advisor. He provided this account on behalf of the family in an interview with the Los Angeles Times.

Chin Rodger frantically called her ex-husband Peter, a Hollywood director and photographer, who was dining with his wife and two friends.

They decided to race to Isla Vista, the college community near UC Santa Barbara where Elliot lived. Astaire said Chin called either 911 or the sheriff directly, and arranged to meet with authorities when they arrived. As they drove up the 101 Freeway, they heard news of a shooting in Isla Vista on the radio. Elliot is accused of killing six people before taking his own life.

Chin called Elliot’s therapist, who told her it was unrelated. He said Elliot promised retribution the following day, and his nature was to stick to such details. By the time Chin and her ex-husband reached the police station, officers confirmed it was their son, and that he and six others were dead by his hand. Astaire said he didn’t have the words to describe their emotions.

But Astaire said the family never suspected Elliot would have guns. “He had no affinity, it seemed, to guns whatsoever,” said Astaire.

Astaire said Elliot played the video game "World of Warcraft," but wasn’t “obsessed with guns or war games.”

Astaire said Elliot had not been diagnosed with Asperger’s but the family suspected he was on the spectrum, and had been in therapy for years. He said he knew of no other mental illnesses, but Elliot truly had no friends, as he said in his videos and writings.

Astaire said Elliot was incredibly shy, spoke haltingly and rarely looked people in the eye. “He was fundamentally withdrawn,” he said. “The guy on the video was much more confident. That is a guy I never met.”

full story

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

'But Astaire said the family never suspected Elliot would have guns. “He had no affinity, it seemed, to guns whatsoever,” said Astaire. "

Always about guns, no mention of knives as ususal.

"Astaire said Elliot had not been diagnosed with Asperger’s but the family suspected he was on the spectrum" Lots of therapy, and yet not diagnosed with autism. I think we can rule this part of the discussion of autism out now.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My first thought was, could there have been a "handler" with this kid? In past cases similar to this, the idea that the "lone" gunman was under some kind of mind control by psychiatrists has been pondered.

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor? With your first thought being a handler I would guess not.

Since the dawn of time , when cavemen were alive some caveman killed another because he wanted his food, shelter, wife, fire, weapons, other. Their were no handlers then. Mankind is capable of horrible acts of cruelty without the IllumiNSACIAMasons causing it.

I get this is a conspiracy site but what I don't get are some people's inability to think "this person did something bad because they had flaws" vs "no one can do anything bad unless they are an MKUltra subject.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I have a very open mind. That said, Occams razor- simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Edit-P.S. I come here to discuss possibilities, not just read the news.
edit on 26-5-2014 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

ATS minded people come here to discuss and weed out truth from fiction.

Actually, ATS minded people and conspiracy theorists in general tend to favor hypothesis of conspiracy by sheer habit and because they really want more conspiracy to be true (because it's entertaining).

To weed out truth from fiction requires critical analysis which is very seldom encouraged here. If you do you are usually labelled a "shill" or debunker, because what people want in this forum is entertainment rather than truth.

I could post a thread about reptilian aliens secretly ruling the world and ATS would LOVE it. If I posted a thread explaining how it's impossible barely anyone would read it.

How do you know what this kid has really done or thought? You only know what the media has allowed you to know.

I know what the killer sent himself to his family right before the spree, explaining all his life and feelings in detail.

www.scribd.com...

I love how you assume I'm incapable of looking for information sources myself

edit on 26-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts
There are countless theories that I read about here, and through ATS contributions of information, they have cleared my mind of many hypothesized conspiracies.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How do you know what this kid has really done or thought? You only know what the media has allowed you to know.

I know what the killer sent himself to his family right before the spree, explaining all his life and feelings in detail.

www.scribd.com...

I love how you assume I'm incapable of looking for information sources myself

You really only made my point here.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I have a very open mind. That said, Occams razor- simplest explanation is usually the right one.

It's a possibility that I win the lottery and Kate Upton, Beezer and Phage could show up at my door and give me a big fake check saying I won 8 billion dollars. That doesn't mean I am going to come here and discuss that possibility.

This will probably be the point that someone, not you , calls me a shill because I didn't automatically jump to IllumiNSACIAMAson mind control via the Reptillian Numerology Obama truther group. Throw out the extremes on both ends of the spectrum and the truth will fall in the middle 99% of the time.

I just don't agree with the idea of first thinking it is the least likely explanation vs thinking the most logical which is another example of mankind doing something horrible.
edit on 26-5-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

It's a possibility that I win the lottery and Kate Upton, Beezer and Phage could show up at my door and give me a big fake check saying I won 8 billion dollars. That doesn't mean I am going to come here and discuss that possibility.

This will probably be the point that someone, not you , calls me a shill because I didn't automatically jump to IllumiNSACIAMAson mind control via the Reptillian Numerology Obama truther group. Throw out the extremes on both ends of the spectrum and the truth will fall in the middle 99% of the time.

I just don't agree with the idea of first thinking it is the least likely explanation vs thinking the most logical which is another example of mankind doing something horrible.

Could you have thrown more needless key words in here if you tried? Wow. Sensitive about this, aren't you. 2 witnesses said they saw 2 people in the BMW. Sorry if I am speculating about this.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Could you have thrown more needless key words in here if you tried? Wow. Sensitive about this, aren't you. 2 witnesses said they saw 2 people in the BMW. Sorry if I am speculating about this.

LOL...sensitive about what?

1. I made an analogy about possibilities: needed since you said you come here to discuss them.
2. Okay maybe I could have stopped with the IllumiNSACIAMasons but I figured why not hit all the ATS buzzwords.
3. I made a statement on how I don't agree with jumping to the least likely outcome first.

For the ATS buzzword stream i humbly apologize.

As for 2 witnesses saying something. I can run down the street right now in a blue shirt with shorts on and multiple people on my block will report multiple different things and in the end, I just had on a blue shirt with shorts.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You really only made my point here.

You'll have to explain to me how the killer posting his story on Scribd has anything to do with the media manipulating info?

It's actually first hand info so yes, it's what the killer thought, not what the media want you to believe.

You make zero sense here.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts
There are countless theories that I read about here, and through ATS contributions of information, they have cleared my mind of many hypothesized conspiracies.

In that case you should be happy I posted the testimony of the killer so no more speculation is needed about his deeds.

But be my guest and keep entertaining other scenarios if that's your kick.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nevermind, you just can't have a conspiracy discussion here anymore.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How did he manage to stab three men to death at his house. If they were not drugged I would think he had help. I know there are people here who claim to be some type of warrior capable of it but he didn't seem like the type. Maybe a second person was there from the start. Hoping more will come out about the initial attack.

edit:

I suppose he could have killed each as they arrived home after being away.

In his 141 page manifesto he talks about stabbing them to death while they slept.

This kid had fallen off the cliff mentally, he was beyond help imo

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

All your information has been given to you from the media, and it has framed a perfect scenario for you. For all we know, if this were a conspiracy, all information given has been contrived. Even the 2 different witnesses that said they saw 2 people in the car.

I'm just saying, all media is suspect. Until enough info is gathered or thrown out as garbage, I remain a skeptic. I'll finished with a "LOL" like you, for good measure.

Allow me again, but "Lol, I keep forgetting this is ATS".

You remain skeptical about the pages long rant posted by the killer on Scribd while I remain skeptical about the BS conspiracy scenarios posted here, deal?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
edit: double post

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Nevermind, you just can't have a conspiracy discussion here anymore.

You can and I can be skeptical about it
It's all fair game.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara hailed from Bay Area

Isla Vista stabbing victims from left to right: 20-year-old Weihan "James" Wang of Fremont, 19-year-old George Chen of San Jose, 20-year-old Cheng Yuan Hong of San Jose. (KGO TV San Francisco)

All three victims were identified as UC Santa Barbara students. According to their Facebook pages, Hong was a 2012 graduate of Lynbrook High School and was studying computer engineering. Chen graduated the same year from Leland High and had been a camp counselor for the YMCA. Wang was briefly a student at American High School in Fremont before he transferred to a private school, according to James Morris, superintendent of the Fremont Unified School District.

full story

Such a shame this happened to these young men and the others.
edit on 26-5-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join