It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
It seems as though no matter what happens, some people are intent on allowing other people to blame every damn thing else in the world for their problems.

This guy was the problem. Not the parents, not the cops, not society.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:29 AM
Comments to the likes of "what's America coming to" or any discussion about politics or gun laws here are totally ignorant and out-of-place. This young man is just the latest of a long list of sociopathic, homicidal, delusional mentally ill people who become mass murderers, spree killers, or serial killers.

Also, it's a good quality, in my opinion, to keep one's head on a swivel as far as being leery of and identifying conspiracies, but some people assume conspiracy first with zero objective research.

This young man deserves sympathy - not for his height or lack of female attention (one wonders if perhaps he was confused about his sexuality), but because he clearly didn't get adequate help. Maybe his folks should've payed for more in depth, specialized counseling instead of a BMW. I haven't read much into that aspect of this situation so it's kind of an unfair claim, I'm just saying it seems like this could've been avoided.

On the other hand, this kind of crap makes me wish I were Christian and believed in a Dante-style hell where this putrid, entitled, vile murderer could pay for killing innocent people, mostly because they wouldn't have sex with him.

I hope the souls of the killer and all the victims are in a peaceful "place" receiving the healing they'd need after an (unfortunately short) lifetime on this planet.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:49 AM
Deleted by Rockflier. Incorrectly attributed to perp's father and not victim's father. Apologies.
edit on 5251414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:09 AM
Looks like he was the man in the deli that was shot. The father should note that CA has pretty strict gun laws as he states there should be more. Seeing the writings of a very disturbed person and doing nothing may have been even worse.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:20 AM
a reply to: rockflier

That quote is from the father of one of the victims who were killed with a gun.

The gunman is called Elliot Rodger - that quote mentions someone called 'Chris' by name. It is very obvious that it's not a quote from Rodger's father.
edit on 25-5-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
Before the 1980's and Ronald Reagan, families had the option to put a family member in institutions who were violent or suicidal. Then the Great Defunding started and he turned them out on the street. Then the NRA gave them guns.

Another failed conservative policy from a nut case himself.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
a reply to: MOMof3

So you and other family members have the right to commit someone???

WOW. Talk about elitism at it is best.

Since when do you think you know what it best for others???

And when did the NRA give them guns???

Your uneducated remarks reek of talking points from MDA.

Oh, you did see that crazy POS stabbed more people than shot right???

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM

originally posted by: macman

Oh, you did see that crazy POS stabbed more people than shot right???

No he didn't. He stabbed his three room mates then shot three people dead, wounding seven more with gunfire.

He also shot himself (it would seem) - but I don't think that really counts.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
It is terrible how people view the US. The Americans here on ATS represent a microcosum of the truth. We are not our politicians.

That said, when you look at the stereotypical numbers of hommicidal deaths int eh US, you have to consider the locations as well. Scroll down on this page for a break down of just where you are accusing the American people of being gun toting criminals who deserve to die.

You guys are being brainwashed but if YOUR country had a major event, it would be the American People, not our govs who would come to your aid, have come to your aid.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
We should ban knives.

We should ban rich kids.

We should ban Colleges.

We should ban everything....Especially bans.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM

Thanks so much for the correction. I stand corrected! Good catch and my apologies.
edit on 5251414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:18 AM

originally posted by: MOMof3
Before the 1980's and Ronald Reagan, families had the option to put a family member in institutions who were violent or suicidal. Then the Great Defunding started and he turned them out on the street. Then the NRA gave them guns.

Another failed conservative policy from a nut case himself.

May want to read up before you start referring to someone as a nut case.

The blaming of Ronald Reagan for the destruction the mental heath system is typical progressive revisionists history. By the late 1960s, the idea that the mentally ill were not so different from the rest of us, or perhaps were even a little bit more sane, became trendy. Reformers dreamed of taking the mentally ill out of the large institutions and housing them in smaller, community-based residences where they could live more productive and fulfilling lives. Simultaneously, the ACLU was pushing a mental health patients right agenda that resulted in O’Connor v. Donaldson (see below) In 1967, Gov. Ronald Reagan signed the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS), which went into effect in 1969 and quickly became a national model. Among other things, it prohibited forced medication or extended hospital stays without a judicial hearing. The Governor signed a bill inspired by those who clamored for the "civil rights" of the mentally ill to be on the street and who claimed they'd be better off with community counseling.

So no, Reagan, didn't close mental hospitals or put anyone on the street. Progressive views on mental health, a misguided ACLU, and politicians who "know better" did it. Then finally (the last year Reagan was governor), O’Connor v. Donaldson, 422 U.S. 563 (1975), the Supreme Court found a constitutional right to liberty for mental health patients: "There constitutional basis for confining such persons involuntarily if they are dangerous to no one." With this constitutional recognition, the practice of mental health law became a process of limiting and defining the power of the state to detain and treat. The result was a codification of mental health rights that have done away with non-voluntary commitment except in extreme cases.

edit on 25-5-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:21 AM
a reply to: MrLimpet

No. I was in Orofino, Id when they turned them out the streets. Witnessed it. Saw the ones that had no family hitchiking down Rt 12.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM

Ronald Reagan had a "let 'em cake" attitude about the mentally ill and funding. Same old cowardly play, defund instead of fixing:

Also, unfortunately, at the time LPS was implemented, funding for community systems either declined or was not beefed up. Many counties did not have adequate community mental health services in place and were unable to fund them. Federal funds for community mental health programs, which LPS assumed would pick up the slack, began drying up in the early 1980s, due to budget cutbacks in general. The Feds shifted funding responsibility to the states.

Reform of the Lanterman, Petris, Short Act

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
a reply to: smithjustinb

Better education would be a good start, but then again, some people just don't want to go to school.

The guy was in college for more than 2 years.

All of the recent shootings have been by very educated or extremely intelligent people.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM

The point is,

Ronald Reagan had nothing to do with this kid going on a killing spree.

If anyone should be referred to as a nut case, it's the one that went on the spree. He definitely had mental issues. However, his actions were not the result of any policies placed by anyone or any group in the 60's.

edit on 25-5-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
a reply to: brookster18

He clearly says 'having to experience this place on my own'

He was a child for most of that time and he is shown in pictures with parents. At 22 he has not lived alone he has not lived yet at all!

He was a 'nice guy'

But he wasn't a nice guy after all was he, or he would not have taken out his pain of loneliness on perfect strangers who had nothing to do with it.

Im not even sorry for the victims. I haven't even seen them. I'm not condoning it, but no one remembers or care for victims.

You don't seem to realize the people he killed have Family, people who will never forget or get over the loss. These people were alive and preparing for their're not sorry for them and yet you are not condoning it?

How does it become everyone elses fault if a person is alienating themselves from everyone. The person needs counseling a lot of help to see they are no more alone than anyone else, we are all alone, we simply learn to focus on our own life until maybe someone comes along and shares our interests..this can take time, sometimes a lot of time.

Anyone can go to a party get drunk and laugh and feel a part of the crowd, that is what people see when they think everyone has so much life act in most cases, they are still feeling alone most of the time.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
Another Classic case of white entitlement.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
a reply to: Astrocyte

I get a different picture entirely in many ways. Looking at the numerous photos available, the boy always holds himself apart he never smiles and the parents clearly take him with them, he is not left out. The Father does not seem any more narcissistic than anyone in his career.

He seemed in all photos to feel BETTER than those around him, he thought he was wonderful and could not figure out why everyone didn't see his specialness. He spent every moment acting a part, but he did feel he was gorgeous and good and special.

I don't think he coveted having sex at least with the girls he speaks of. There is no longing and no emotion when he speaks of it, he may actually have lacked any sex drive or it was not toward females. In fact the only emotion I see in any of the photos is a self absorbed narcissistic kind of look with no awareness of those around him.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM

originally posted by: sparky31
again we,r talking about a mass shooting in america and again all i,m hearing is the right to bear arms,don,t you see that right is causing so many lifes?Britains not great but show me a story every couple of months about a mass shooting,it just doesn,t happen.your lucky if you hear about more than one person shot in same group in years,never mind every other month.

america the land of opportunity?as long as you can dodge bullets then it may be.

It does happen though does it not?

The Cumbria shootings was a killing spree that occurred on 2 June 2010 when a lone gunman, Derrick Bird, killed 12 people and injured 11 others before killing himself in Cumbria, England. Along with the 1987 Hungerford massacre, 1989 Monkseaton shootings and the 1996 Dunblane massacre, it is one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in British history.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>