It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andromedabound
Reply to: gottaknow

Perhaps.... But usually when you have 'things' (BMW's etc) piled upon you it's because parents are trying to make up for something else. Love, patient training, understanding counsel.
Money, toys and expensive education can never take the place of proper parenting.

I am yet to hear about a case like this where the child had truly loving parents. This will sound presumptuous to some, and I could be wrong in this case, but I would be looking to the mother as his gripe was with woman.

Lack of parents love can never justify the deeds of that kid.

Plus everything he posted (see my points above) clearly point in one single direction: the dude was mentally ill.

He even went as far as saying all women should be starved to death in concentration camps, and he should be at the top of a tower to laugh at them in a sinister manner. He is literally a movie supervillain.

I'm pretty sure he DID receive love from his parents, he was just incredibly narcissistic and deluded, and integrated all the "red pill" stuff he read online coming to the conclusion that all his problems were because women are sluts.

He was simply insane. He was consulting a therapist and the tragic events that took place weren't even a big surprise for the people who knew him. They saw it coming.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robohamster

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: McGinty

Perhaps if people had paid attention to his pain, rather than assuming it's not so bad because he's privileged this may not have ended this way.

More likely he was always sick. May have had a problem with Mother, maybe the divorce situation.
psychcentral.com...

Probably Narcacist

Narcissism, in lay terms, basically means that a person is totally absorbed in self. The extreme narcissist is the center of his own universe. To an extreme narcissist, people are things to be used. It usually starts with a significant emotional wound or a series of them culminating in a major trauma of separation/attachment. No matter how socially skilled an extreme narcissist is, he has a major attachment dysfunction. The extreme narcissist is frozen in childhood. He became emotionally stuck at the time of his major trauma of separation/attachment.

maybe...

Profile of the Sociopath
www.mcafee.cc...

Yes, he was no doubt all of the above. My point was that some people here say words to the effect of, 'He's rich so # him, he shouldn't be unhappy.'
Judging by these events i'd guess that was probably a pattern in his life. But, if people listened to him, instead of dismissing him, then they might've picked up the obvious warning signs and he'd have been medicated or locked up and just maybe this massacre would never have happened.

You probably didn't hear, but even his own parents reported him to the police when they found his YouTube videos. And what did the police do? Nothing. They let him go on his way. And he had plenty of "therapy". He says it himself that it didn't do anything for him.

Did you watch his 15 minute video? His treatment was experimental - obviously it failed. I know his parents reported him, but the authorities and anyone else failed to acknowledge his problems (now they do, that's for sure).

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts
Aren't the murderers YouTube pages down by now? I was just on it watching his couple at the beach one.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Did you watch his 15 minute video? His treatment was experimental - obviously it failed. I know his parents reported him, but the authorities and anyone else failed to acknowledge his problems (now they do, that's for sure).

His "problem" is that he bought the Red pill bull# that the world owes him sex when the world owes him jackcrap.

He was a self-entitled jerk who thought women should jump on him because he was to shy to even approach them.

There are thousands of creeps like this dude thanks to the echo chambers that are the Incel/MRA/red pill movements. These people are toxic.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

His page is still up.

If anyone wants to have a glimpse into the mind of a narcissistic sociopath they should have a look at it.

www.youtube.com...

He was cute, rich, his only problem is that he was creepy crazy but wouldn't acknowledge it's the reason he was alone.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robohamster

a reply to: gusdynamite

Who's apologising for him?

What anyone says now, after the fact is besides the point. But treating someone with such a condition with this attitude - no sympathy because their 'privileged' is exactly what leads to this kind of thing happening.

TBH i think you didn't read my post properly.

It's not about "no sympathy because their 'privileged'. It's about getting over your own self pity and realizing just how blessed you are in life, whether you're rich or poor. Why? Because there's always going to be someone else out there that has it worse than you do. Be thankful you're not them and appreciate what you have and move on.

I don't see a "condition" in this kid that can justify his murderous acts. He's capable of logical thought and shows it, yet he chooses not to be a responsible human being and relies on his illogical, dellusioned ideals to guide him on his path to premeditated and random murders. And why? Because he was rejected by women and got butthurt over it.

It's pathetic more than anything.

Saying a mentally ill person made all the wrong choices, was too self obsessed, deluded etc is naive to say the least.

The point of diagnosing someone as mentally ill is that they are most certainly not in control of their faculties and by definition make wrong choices via a distorted view of reality.

His condition is reported as Aspergers meaning among other things, he cannot accurately interpret meanings and subtext in general day to day interactions. It's therefore easy to see how this can lead to a highly altered view of reality as the mind tries to give meaning to all those interactions and relationships that go wrong. He's not totally aware at the time that the reason things go south is his own misinterpretations of social cues.

So, in his confusion and to protect a sense of cause and effect (logic) he re-casts himself as a victim and those around him as lessor people who are not on his level.

However, in his video he says that he was aware that he himself was the cause of all this heartache and he hated himself for it.

His therapy tried to associate this self-hatred with inanimate objects, i.e he smashed them up. This was supposed to create new neural pathways in which he no longer blamed himself.

Now, as an in-patient this may or may not have worked over time. But as an out-patient it's now clear this was a dangerous cause of therapy. He certainly learned to externalise, moving on from inanimate objects to real people.

This is already a complex situation, then experimental therapy comes along compounding things. It's by no means as simple as saying:

getting over your own self pity and realizing just how blessed you are in life

Is that what you really think could have happened here?

Do you think mental illness is something people choose to have?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

However, in his video he says that he was aware that he himself was the cause of all this heartache and he hated himself for it.

He forgot it along the way.

www.scribd.com...

"I concluded that women are flawed. There is something mentally wrong with the way their brains are wired, as if they haven’t evolved from animal-like thinking. They are incapable of reason or thinking rationally. They are like animals, completely controlled by their primal, depraved emotions and impulses. That is why they are attracted to barbaric, wild, beast-like men. They are beasts themselves. Beasts should not be able to have any rights in a civilized society. If their wickedness is not contained, the whole of humanity will be held back from advancement to a more civilized state. Women should not have the right to choose who to mate with. That choice should be made for them by civilized men of intelligence"

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There's something very strange about this whole shooting. The Media campaign afterwards is very suspicious.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
a reply to: DarksideOz
....You'll notice that only one witness said she'd seen two people.

The witness i linked to saying there were 2 perps was male. So if you saw a woman say this too, then there's 2 witnesses.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
There's something very strange about this whole shooting. The Media campaign afterwards is very suspicious.

I hope it will expose this "red pill" movement for what it is truly.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

His "problem" is that he bought the Red pill bull# that the world owes him sex when the world owes him jackcrap.

He was a self-entitled jerk who thought women should jump on him because he was to shy to even approach them.

There are thousands of creeps like this dude thanks to the echo chambers that are the Incel/MRA/red pill movements. These people are toxic.

What's your source for this inside line you seem to have. All sources i've seen say he had Aspergers Syndrome. That's not a 'Jerk', as you call him, that's a mentally ill person who needs help if you want such massacres to be avoided.

Calling him names may be cathartic, but you'll be calling the next shooter names too, and the one after that. These things will keep happening until folk stop name calling and address the problem for what it actually is.

edit on 26-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

He forgot it along the way.

www.scribd.com...

"I concluded that women are flawed. There is something mentally wrong with the way their brains are wired, as if they haven’t evolved from animal-like thinking. They are incapable of reason or thinking rationally. They are like animals, completely controlled by their primal, depraved emotions and impulses. That is why they are attracted to barbaric, wild, beast-like men. They are beasts themselves. Beasts should not be able to have any rights in a civilized society. If their wickedness is not contained, the whole of humanity will be held back from advancement to a more civilized state. Women should not have the right to choose who to mate with. That choice should be made for them by civilized men of intelligence"

If anyone should be expected to be inconsistent then it's a mentally ill person. He appears to have see -sawed backed and forth - 'i hate myself/i hate everyone - until he flipped.
edit on 26-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

There is nothing "red pill" about this you shameless, exploitative creep.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Having aspergers is in no way an excuse to kill random people because you are a virgin.

He went that far because he stopped seing women as human beings but as object for his sexual gratification, all because of his mysoginistic readings and the forums he frequented where these views are common.

Aspergers are autist shut-ins. He was way beyond that point. He was mad angry at the world for not submitting to his will.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: guymontag

Red pill creep spotted.

It has everything to do with it according to what he posted and the forums he frequented.

He was sexually frustrated, mysoginistic, and blaming women for his virginity instead of blaming his sociopathic behavior. Like all these incels\red pill creeps out there.

Check this movie, they are all killers in the making and they all took the "red pill"
vimeo.com...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Having aspergers is in no way an excuse to kill random people because you are a virgin.

He went that far because he stopped seing women as human beings but as object for his sexual gratification, all because of his mysoginistic readings and the forums he frequented where these views are common.

Aspergers are autist shut-ins. He was way beyond that point. He was mad angry at the world for not submitting to his will.

Who said it's an excuse?

Again you're applying your own ethics to someone who's diminished mental capacity means he's incapable of such reasoning.

Are you making your own judgement that there's a certain amount of mentally ill behaviour a sufferer is allowed, after which they can't blame the mental illness. That's quite some expertise you must have in the area - tell, where exactly is that line drawn?

Why are you so determined to stress that we judge him as some who is not mentally ill? Is it because mental illness wrecks your theories about this Red Pill movement that you're eager to make him a poster boy for?

In short you're saying that even if he wasn't Aspergers he would still have done this. Any other conclusion means he did this because of Aspergers.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Exploitative, inhuman pile of garbage spotted. Bodies are still warm, better start calling thousands of men killers in the making!!

You have no idea what TRP is, I suggest you take a moment of time away from your worthless campaign and look into it. I'm not even into TRP, but I'm not an idiot. A cursory look will show you that TRP is about becoming a better man, and not blaming women (or anyone else) for your issues, or lack of agency. Blaming others, or becoming angry at women is completely antithetic to the "red pill", in fact any TRP'er worth their salt will tell you he was "blue pill" to the core. The fact that you sit here and compare "incels" to TRP just shows how ignorant you are.

This is your argument, this is your reasoning, that your interpretation of "involuntary virgins" are all killers in the making? You're a disgusting creep.
edit on 26-5-2014 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

link   

The last blurb that is missing from my post that you quoted is exactly the ideas perpetuated in the red pill community. That women are like animals and should be seen as such.

His mental illness was the ground for his situation, but the toxic ideas he subscribed too (because they are common online) is what drove his actions.

link   

originally posted by: guymontag

Red pill creep spotted....

Ok, i think that's where i stop replying to your rants.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

“I actually look good. I dress good, am clean-shaven, bathe, touch of cologne – yet 30 million women rejected me – over an 18 or 25-year period.

In need of a personality make over?

Indeed. The things mentioned has nothing to do with personality. When will boys learn that material girls are not that easily impressed?
edit on 26-5-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join