It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Seven people have died and several others have been injured in a mass shooting near The University of California in Santa Barbara.

The suspected gunman died of a gunshot wound to the head, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said at a Saturday morning news conference, NBN Los Angeles reports.

He could not confirm if the gunshot was self-inflicted.

Nine crime scene locations were confirmed across the Isla Vista region but no shots were fired on the university's campus, Brown said.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

Here we go again, yet another random mass shooting in the U.S.

Details are sketchy at the moment, but it looks to be a series of drive-by shootings at random people followed by a shootout.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Why emphasis "again".

This is perfectly normal in the USA is it not.? Why the shock and feigned surprise.?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The circumstances surrounding the shootings were under investigation.

We have no real proof it was just a "Random" shooting event yet. Let's see what if anything comes from the investigation.

I'd bet it was either drug related or a love triangle gone bad with innocent peeps caught in the line of fire.

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well those tough anti gun laws don't seem to work.

Sadly, one must look at the culture as the cause rather than the weapon.

Being shot at random, if it was random would be very hard on the families affected. I could not imagine getting one of those visits.

P

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Why emphasis "again".

This is perfectly normal in the USA is it not.? Why the shock and feigned surprise.?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

I agree, just another day in murdermerica

JAK
+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The BBC are reporting:

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites in Isla Vista, and there were nine crime scenes.

He also told local media police were investigating possible links to a YouTube video entitled Elliot Rodger's Retribution, which shows a young man complaining about years of rejection by women.

Edit: I've removed the video as it left me feeling very uneasy when considering the advice from mental health professionals as to how we might try to avoid or prevent these kind of incidents.
edit on 24/5/14 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Just a regular day in the US where life seems not valued.

There should be an ATS forum just for mass shootings in America.

Mass shootings is as American as apple pie.

+18 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Agreed and we could include all those mass stabbings in China as well.

It could be a 'Mass killing' forum

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAK

Chilling video and I could not watch it all.

Perhaps society in general and individuals have to reclaim that caring nature that seems to be missing from many sectors of society. I don't know what the answer is.

P

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAK

This young man sounds like he's hurt beyond words. He has been rejected all his life, never ever had sex or even kissed a girl. . . Sad.

Wow, loneliness literally kills. Wtf !!!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Need a Ban on Schools and universities....I see a Pattern forming here.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: samsamm9

Agreed and we could include all those mass stabbings in China as well.

It could be a 'Mass killing' forum

I might be wrong here but this shooting and most of the mass stabbings in China have one thing in common,
men not being able to be loved by the opposite sex. It has to do with built up sexual/emotional frustration, the feeling of not being loved. I would even bet that most young Muslim terrorist men will act out of sexual/emotional frustration and loneliness.

Sad

Just last month there was this one
Boy kills girl who turned down prom date
edit on 24-5-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

That video is a testament to a cancerous culture that pervades all society. I'm certainly not going to single out the USA and it's gun culture on this one.

Ordinarily I'd suggest a spoonful of concrete, however, if all you've been force fed with is TV and the Interweb all your life, your probably going to have an exceptionally high level of disappointment when it comes to the real world.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 24-5-2014 by myselfaswell because: forgot some text

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
That video gave me the creeps.

Another sad day for Americans, this is going to stick in the forefront of my mind for some time. Poor kids.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a sad day for some humans...

but a great opportunity for the authorities to further push their agendas...

it's all for you're safety...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
In 2009 a similar shooting occurred where the killer George Sodini had similar motives for killing innocents...

The killer, George Sodini, wrote that he hadn't had sex since 1990. He was confused about his inability to attract a girlfriend. “I actually look good. I dress good, am clean-shaven, bathe, touch of cologne – yet 30 million women rejected me – over an 18 or 25-year period. That is how I see it. Thirty million is my rough guesstimate of how many desirable single women there are. A man needs a woman for confidence. . . Thanks for nada, bitches! Bye.”

The relationship between sexual frustration and violence is evident in chimps, where most of the male/male conflict arises over access to ovulating females. Among free-loving bonobos on the other hand, there is little, if any, male sexual frustration and thus little, if any, violence. This is no coincidence.

On Sex and Violence

Are mass shootings caused by feminism?

Connection between mass shooting and sexual frustration

edit on 24-5-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

“I actually look good. I dress good, am clean-shaven, bathe, touch of cologne – yet 30 million women rejected me – over an 18 or 25-year period.

In need of a personality make over?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The KEYT report said "witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets." The suspected gunman traded fire with sheriff's deputies, and the vehicle plowed into a parked car, the report said.

The suspected gunman was found in the BMW with a shot to the head, the affiliate said. It wasn't clear whether the death was self-inflicted or whether deputies killed the suspected gunman. A handgun was recovered.

The violence occurred over a 10-minute period, from the first emergency call at 9:27 p.m. to the suspect's discovery, the KEYT report said.

CNN

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
Just a regular day in the US where life seems not valued.

There should be an ATS forum just for mass shootings in America.

Mass shootings is as American as apple pie.

That might shed too much light on all the gang related shootings that make up the bulk of all shootings. We are not supposed to make a big deal about those shootings for some reason. Dozens every week in Chicago alone go under reported.
edit on 24-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I know what will fix this. GUN LAWS! Oh wait. They already have those. Alright Feinstein, any suggestions?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join