It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Totally disgusting how some members here have decided to bring politics into all this.

This kid needed psychological help badly, but hey let's go ahead and blame progressives.

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyWarp

How could you understand a person by only 1 video and some news reports?

What if all he said on the video is fake ?Maybe some girls wanted to be his girlfriend (since he is rich)but he rejected.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT GUY.You just sympathized him by some words .

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if some mass shootings are cover for the intentional killing of a specific target. Either they know too much about something or - throwing this out there - time travelers that would either change the course of some history or the very fabric of time itself.
Just throwing that out there

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAK
The BBC are reporting:

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites in Isla Vista, and there were nine crime scenes.

He also told local media police were investigating possible links to a YouTube video entitled Elliot Rodger's Retribution, which shows a young man complaining about years of rejection by women.

Edit: I've removed the video as it left me feeling very uneasy when considering the advice from mental health professionals as to how we might try to avoid or prevent these kind of incidents.

Good move. The best way to prevent (not all) copycat mass-killings is to deny these pathetic and disturbed individuals a platform to get the media attention they desire.

Out there is always some other sicko watching the fame that comes to the perpetrators of these crimes, no matter how badly it ends... Someone is watching and being motivated in some twisted way.

The media needs to consider this in every case.

IMO
edit on 24-5-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Do you know him ?
i guess not.

i do not know him, but i repeat, understanding the way he was thinking, doesnt mean i agree with his action.

and using caps lock dosnt make your point more valid.

What if all he said on the video is fake ?Maybe some girls wanted to be his girlfriend (since he is rich)but he rejected.

"what if"
we're speculating here.

"Maybe some girls wanted..."
another speculation.

"(since he is rich)" so your basing your dates over material criterias ?
heh to each is own, i guess

edit on 24-5-2014 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Out there is always some other sicko watching the fame that comes to the perpetrators of these crimes, no matter how badly it ends... Someone is watching and being motivated in some twisted way.

The media needs to consider this in every case.

IMO

I don't think this scenario carries the same emotion as others. People like Cho, or Harris and Klebold, were all about anger. Anger is powerful to the weaklings who could be enticed into copycat action.

This guy was just pathetic. There isn't any power or control or even vengeance in what he did. It was just some privileged Thai Lady-Boy looking whiner who threw a fit.

I can't imagine some Taxi Driver wannabe looking at his pouty videos and feeling emboldened to do anything but laugh.

There's no rage. No anger. Just pathetic doormat soft wussiness.

Not really the kind of thing that feeds copycats.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyWarp

I didn't said I know him ,I just said he looks ugly and his words are disgusting .This is what I feel from that video directly ,I don't pretend to know what his feel since I don't care that ugly guy.

originally posted by: AnonyWarp

"what if"
we're speculating here.

"Maybe some girls wanted..."
another speculation.

"(since he is rich)" so your basing your dates over material criterias ?

Base on most people's choice nowadays ,just common sense .

I have no obligation to tell you what is my requirement for dating .
edit on 24-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

then could please refrain calling me a murderer sympathizer, thank you.

I don't pretend to know what his feel since I don't care that ugly guy.

we understood that.

I have no obligation to tell you what is my requirement for dating .

didnt said you had an obligation to do so, i just made an obsveration, nothing more

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm good looking, got some money, drive a BMW and if girls disagree with that and don't sleep with me the see ya later b*tches...

Ok, this guy had issues that were most likely along the lines of being a creep to women he met. Out of 30 million women (his numbers) he might have liked 5 that he wanted to sleep with and they didn't....I see that as the most likely scenario of where he sees some girl that he has the hots for and she doesn't give him the time of day, and so thinks that all women have rejected him.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

It certainly is true that no matter how much you think your life sucks, everything is better if you're getting sex on the regular. There is never an excuse for hurting others because of your emotions, however.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
a reply to: samsamm9

It certainly is true that no matter how much you think your life sucks, everything is better if you're getting sex on the regular. There is never an excuse for hurting others because of your emotions, however.

Short trip from there to Mexico would cure all that...I guess he never thought of traveling and meeting women.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
Just a regular day in the US where life seems not valued.

There should be an ATS forum just for mass shootings in America.

Mass shootings is as American as apple pie.

Or the mass machete killings in Mexico, Brazil, Rwanda, Nigeria. At least most places in America allow people to arm themselves in defense which is a helluva lot better than standing at your mass gravesite along with hundreds of others waiting to be chopped in half.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Having read the articles and the posting, and then viewed the posting the following can be stated:

The first thing is the person who committed the crime. The thing that this young man failed to realize is that you can not force someone to like or love you. You can not force another person to want to be with you. Nor can one think that just cause they go to college or drive an expensive car, means that they are going to get lucky. He failed to take advantage of the opportunity that was there, he was there to learn, and all he was whining about was that he was lonely, that no girls were wanting to be with him. Lets just say if he put more effort into his studies and not so much on his social life, he could have been successful in his life, gotten a good job, and made money. If the girls did not like him, then who cares.

And no, sex is not a human right. That is a poor argument, I am sure there are those who would agree, I believe they are called rapists, and child molesters, I am very sure they all would agree that they were exercising their human right to have sex.

Now onto the crux and the matter of the event. In a state, with tough gun control laws, where the ownership of a firearm is highly discourage, the first question is where did he get the gun? And how did those tough laws stop this person from enacting his warped sense of vengeance on the general population? And what about the NSA, were they not paying attention to the postings on youtube? Or any government agency, with all that they were looking at?

The ultimate problem here for all of the laws, and social coddling, and government agency, things are going to happen, and this should show that if a person is going to break the law, they will break the law, and there is no amount of laws that restrict will do anything to stop such.

And the really sad part of this event, is not that people got shot or killed, but that both sides of the arguments will use this to point to and politicize it to say that their point is valid and the other point is invalid.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Judging from the time stamp on that video and the time stamp on the article in the OP, this guy uploaded his death note than went it killed these people.

It's sad people had to die because this guy felt rejected. Maybe he felt he was above paying for sex but regardless, no one deserved to die. He appeared to have a serious hate for women, that's maybe why he couldn't get laid or find a girlfriend. It was obviously about sex for him as every time he stated his disappointment, it started with sex.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: samsamm9
Just a regular day in the US where life seems not valued.

There should be an ATS forum just for mass shootings in America.

Mass shootings is as American as apple pie.

Or the mass machete killings in Mexico, Brazil, Rwanda, Nigeria. At least most places in America allow people to arm themselves in defense which is a helluva lot better than standing at your mass gravesite along with hundreds of others waiting to be chopped in half.

Did you notice you compared America with third world countries... Interesting.

There are mass shootings in lots of places around the world, true. But in the US it seems to be a weekly thing. Literally. You seem to deny that because of some kind of misplaced pride.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So this kid posted his "the day before video to youtube???
I must assume so as it is now on the front page of LiveLeak.
Did nobody see this and report said behavior, he plainly stated what he planned.
His facebook has no friends list, but his father (I'd assume) was in one of his pics with maybe a step- brother (possibly) from a recent marriage.
Can't wait to see the conspiracy theories here.
Lonely kid who took vengeance or lonely kid who got used to push an agenda?
Interesting times.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't know if it was touched on previously in the thread, but apparently he may have been the son of the assistant director of the movie The Hunger Games.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join