It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Mandating that women simply submit to any man who wants them would solve these problems.

That way instead of some psychopath blowing a gasket every time he he gets dumped or turned down he'd just stay at home and beat the woman he 'loves'.

It's for the greater good.

If society loves to make laws that inhibit the majority for the sake of the lunatic asylum minority then why not support my proposal? It's right in line with all this "tread lightly lest you upset the tard" nonsense we all have to live under.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

You know, that would be a thread all of its own. I think the rise of feminism is bad in these respects. Men no longer feel like men anymore, they are not treated like men either. Even many married men.

Everyone needs/wants/desires a certain amount of ego stroking, for men its being needed, being the hunter the provider and protector is a rush for men... it gives them something they need on a base level.

For women it has typically been the caregiver, etc. but the whole role of men has been removed in modern society, in general, men are not treated as if they are needed, and many even when needed are no longer treated as if they are wanted.

I'm certainly not saying in all cases, but certainly in many. We humans are animals, although we are self aware we still have a base animal aspect to us and one thing usually does effect another.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAK

Thanks for the prompt reveal. That will keep this from escalating out of control (like Elliot did).

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just been watching a few of his other vids on YouTube.

Whilst it's hard not to have a degree of sympathy for someone so clearly disturbed and lonely, there's probably a correlation between being a creepy little weirdo who posts self-pitying crap on the internet and not being a smash hit with the ladies.

Anyhow, it's sad. RIP the victims.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Make prostitution legal?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I might be wrong here but this shooting and most of the mass stabbings in China have one thing in common, men not being able to be loved by the opposite sex.

Hmmm not so sure it's that simple. There are hundreds of thousands of monks, nuns, vicars and priests in this world and they aren't hauling weaponry into public places and killing people. It's also not related to sex as 1000s of young men in African militias have raped women and girls across hotspots like South Sudan, Somalia and DR Congo.

They're typically loners too, but even that's not a defining factor as loners live on every street and aren't adding to the murder rates.

It's also popular on ATS to ascribe anti-depressants as a key cause and, yet again, we've got 10s of millions of people taking varieties of anti-depressants. How many are out there shooting people?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Well those tough anti gun laws don't seem to work.

Sadly, one must look at the culture as the cause rather than the weapon.

Being shot at random, if it was random would be very hard on the families affected. I could not imagine getting one of those visits.

P

Exactly everyone focuses on the guns yet thats likley not even the issue.

There are plently of countrys round the world that have the same or laxer gun laws as the USA yet they dont get the same violence.

So the issue seem to be not the guns but some underlying issue with violence in the USA,

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I might be wrong here but this shooting and most of the mass stabbings in China have one thing in common, men not being able to be loved by the opposite sex.

Hmmm not so sure it's that simple. There are hundreds of thousands of monks, nuns, vicars and priests in this world and they aren't hauling weaponry into public places and killing people. It's also not related to sex as 1000s of young men in African militias have raped women and girls across hotspots like South Sudan, Somalia and DR Congo.

They're typically loners too, but even that's not a defining factor as loners live on every street and aren't adding to the murder rates.

It's also popular on ATS to ascribe anti-depressants as a key cause and, yet again, we've got 10s of millions of people taking varieties of anti-depressants. How many are out there shooting people?
but those monks and nuns choose celibacy and singleness.

In the past I knew the frutrastion of unwanted celibacy and yeah I was pretty pissed off with life.

Lucky things changed,

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I don't think this has a lick to do with feminism, to be honest. I don't think it has anything to do with women either.

This whole sorry affair is 100% about a tearry-eyed little loser being a tearry-eyed little loser. It really is simple as that.

Here in the UK it's being reported the kid's dad is/was Peter Rodger - Assistant Director of The Hunger Games.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Very sad , how someone can blame others for their own inadequacies to the point of murder and suicide , the video is both chilling and depressing.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Possibly. I'm still not sure it's a significant factor. If we consider how many religious folk have chosen celibacy, how many men and women are out there, on any given day (for long periods), and feeling lonely and horny? Probably a greater number than the religious leaders and who's to say they don't find it hard to suppress the natural urge for company and intimacy??

Of the dozens of mass-shooters world-wide you'll see a mixed bag of married, divorced, parents, childless etc etc. I reckon we'd expect to see a low capacity for empathy in these people during their final months and that might be a feature. Likewise, they'd share a sense of self that entitles them to take the lives of strangers for personal benefit.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well from a certain perspective

I can understand how he processed his emotions.

this guy,probably smart and not bad looking, probably felt things were unfair for him.

Seeing all the pretty girls around him , flocking to brainless muscular idiots.
Same girls rejecting him continuously .

So, imagine his mind after being constantly rejected,belittled.

He felt he had some good qualities and could make some girls happy, but instead, he is ignored or rejected by the opposite gender,feeling his manhood is endangered and mocked, feeling he is not "good enough" in any girls eyes.

I do not say i agree with his actions, but i understand the logical process of his mind, leading to his actions.

in short.

you're good looking,smart, with good qualities, but love/sex is shoved in your face everydays, but you're barred from it.

edit on 24-5-2014 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I can clearly understand why women avoided this possessed creep. He's delusional and of course mentally deranged. I just wish someone would have put him out of his misery before he ended 7 innocent young lives.

What a way to justify your murderous rampage, make a video and blame your problems on all of humanity. I'm sure there's a special place in hell for him to satisfy his sexual urges with the most sadistic grotesque women the mind can imagine. All the while, he will have an audience of demons sitting and watching using the same evil laughter he displayed in his video. I have no pity for this sick, evil prick, mentally ill or not. Explain the sympathy for this guy because he was mentally ill to the parents who have to grieve for the loss of their children.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
welll seeing as how i am 36 yrs old now and have never had any female contact except friend zoning i can see where this guy was coming from a bit. I cant tell you the amount of times ive thought about hurting someone who rejected me after a while. Still I do not blame anyone else for my issues and thats where I differ.

See what this guy unfortunatly did not do was try to change himself to be mor eattractive. stop being so needy and clingy and wanting. you should a been more assertive and spoke with confidence.

The only reason I am not dating someone right now is lack of a car and money to go see them. Im done with trying to be friends first. girlfriend first then friendship further in should be the goal for most men.

And the OP always waits till a gun issue pops up and immediatly says see bloodthirsty people. he wants all guns gone period. Then we will see mass stabbing or slashings which are actually worse but hey at least those killer guns are gone right?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

This young man sounds like he's hurt beyond words. He has been rejected all his life, never ever had sex or even kissed a girl. . . Sad.

Wow, loneliness literally kills. Wtf !!!

Should have gone to visit a lady of the night if he was that desperate for some sex and a bit of a hug.

Or even gone out looking for a some sex with a fat single mom type who would have been all over him.

He was a good looking fella, shame he was mad as a badger.

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Many countries have similar gun laws.
Many countries have similar economies.
Many countries have similar demographics.

Why is America different?

Progressive policies where "everyone gets a trophy".
Progressive policies where "self esteem" is more important than values or ethics.
Progressive policies where "victimhood" is the norm.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It is very alarming that these random shootings are happening...where I live in Seattle random shootings have been happening too.

Here is the story: www.komonews.com...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Just watched this and can't tell if it's like situational acting - a theatre-piece?

*If* it's for real, it's hard to see why some women his age wouldn't be attracted to him. Guy's got a nice car and he's not someone who needs a face transplant or paper bag.

He screws it all up by opening his mouth and coming over as a babyish, self-pitying woman-hater. Now how many women find that attractive in a man?? Not so many huh!?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
the best course of action (now its too late)

Would have been to actualy HELP and LISTEN to him , i dont think he was mentally insane, but our society molded him this way.

You get that when you mix a culture of superficiality,oversexualization.

Imagine being rejected constantly, on a daily basis,being mocked or bullied, with people flaunting their sexuality ,love stories,one-night stand,you name it, constantly in your face, while you, you have to stand here like an idiot.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Just watched this and can't tell if it's like situational acting - a theatre-piece?

*If* it's for real, it's hard to see why some women his age wouldn't be attracted to him. Guy's got a nice car and he's not someone who needs a face transplant or paper bag.

He screws it all up by opening his mouth and coming over as a babyish, self-pitying woman-hater. Now how many women find that attractive in a man?? Not so many huh!?

Maybe he was trying shop in Harrods on an Aldi budget.

If he only went for the top of the line ladies he would have been permanently rejected.

Probably sees himself as being above anyone who doesn't have model looks and never went there.

He certainly comes across as having a superiority complex in his video.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join