It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: guymontag

Red pill forums are ripe with similar opinions as the killer's, comparing women with animals that are to be seen as such and not individuals with emotions. Opinion like this are common in those circles

"You are hating women because you have the wrong expectations for them. Don't hate someone for something they CANNOT be. Women are, by nature, manipulative, attention-seeking, inconsistent, emotional, and hypergamous. Accept this truth. Once you do, you can game women for what they are ... not what you want them to be."

www.businessinsider.com...

This movement is toxic and I hope it will be exposed for what it is.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
In short you're saying that even if he wasn't Aspergers he would still have done this.

This is exactly what I meant.

I don't expect you to believe it, but a serious delve into that particular universe would convince you it's the case.

The mass killing was a result of him de-humanizing women because of his beliefs, not because of his autism.

People need a reason to do things. His reason was his flawed beliefs he got from reading these circles.

There are plenty of other PUAs, red-pillers and incels who became convicted on assault on women. His case is not an isolated one. This is rampant in circles where women are not seen as human beings and it's totally logical.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: guymontag

This is your argument, this is your reasoning, that your interpretation of "involuntary virgins" are all killers in the making? You're a disgusting creep.

If they refuse to accept their situation is all their fault and not the fault of women, yes, I expect more violence against women among them, and it's actually the case.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

"You are hating women because you have the wrong expectations for them. Don't hate someone for something they CANNOT be. Women are, by nature, manipulative, attention-seeking, inconsistent, emotional, and hypergamous..."

hypergamous: (colloquially referred to as "marrying up") is the act or practice of marrying someone of higher caste or status than oneself

Much of this killer's rants are aimed at women who choose to be with men of 'lower class', or another race, etc.

So he hates women because they don't seem to want to 'marry up', So he does not fit the profile of a 'Red Pill' as inferred by you in the quote you posted above.

Or are you so desperate to make this guy your poster boy that you'll now twist this to fit?

edit on 26-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

a reply to: guymontag

"You are hating women because you have the wrong expectations for them. Don't hate someone for something they CANNOT be. Women are, by nature, manipulative, attention-seeking, inconsistent, emotional, and Text Yellow..."

hypergamous: (colloquially referred to as "marrying up") is the act or practice of marrying someone of higher caste or status than oneself

Much of this killer's rants are aimed at women who choose to be with men of 'lower class', or another race, etc.

So he hates women because they don't seem to want to 'marry up', So he does not fit the profile of a 'Red Pill' as inferred by you in the quote you posted above.

Or are you so desperate to make this guy your poster boy that you'll now twist this to fit?

Let me quote you:

If anyone should be expected to be inconsistent then it's a mentally ill person.

You can discuss details if you want. The facts remain:

- he frequented such sites where these opinion that women must be manipulated into having sex is normal
- such sites de-humanize women, making them more of a video game you need to find the correct strategy to beat (thus the appeal for autists who don't understand human relationships)
- the other people who share these views are often guilty of assault on women who refuse them sex

His autism is clearly a part of the story, but the underlying motivation is far more sinister. He was sexually frustrated and expected women to automatically have sex with him because of his "game", and that is typical to these people.

Of course when reality clashes with them (thus why he couldn't get laid despite his looks, his car and his money), they get quite mad, blaming anything but their own deformed beliefs about women.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

You've got it the wrong way around. You're saying the misogyny is inherent and the Aspergers (which, may i point out is different to Autism), is just 'part of the story'....

Aspergers is the by definition the cause of social inadequacy. This, in his particular case, fostered a hatred for women, possibly aided by exposure to misogynistic material.

The underlying cause is very most likely the Aspergers, not Red Pill website. If you have access to personal medical files that state otherwise, then please enlighten us.

ETA: btw, it's not that smart to use my quote about mental illness while claiming that mental illness was apparently inconsequential here (as you quoted me again above, he would have done this even if he didn't have Aspergers). You're tying yourself in knots.

edit on 26-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You've got it the wrong way around. You're saying the misogyny is inherent and the Aspergers (different to Autism), is just 'part of the story'....

Aspergers is the by definition the cause of social inadequacy. This, in his particular case, fostered a hatred for women, possibly aided by exposure to misogynistic material.

The underlying cause is very most likely the Aspergers, not Red Pill website. If you have access to personal medical files that state otherwise, then please enlighten us.

There are plenty of socially apt people who also believe they are owed sex by women if they do certain things like buying a big car, because they integrated these misogynistic ideas. Many of these people commit assault on women who refuse their advances.

How do you fit Aspergers in these stories?

ETA: btw, it's not that smart to use my quote about mental illness while claiming that mental illness was apparently inconsequential here (as you quoted me again above, he would have done this even if he didn't have Aspergers). You're tying yourself in knots.

Never said it was inconsequential, only a facilitator.

A mental illness will never replace a proper motivation. I'm discussing where he found his motivation, while you try to say it was nothing but madness.
edit on 26-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You've got it the wrong way around. You're saying the misogyny is inherent and the Aspergers (different to Autism), is just 'part of the story'....

There are plenty of socially apt people who also believe they are owed sex by women if they do certain things like a big car, because they integrated these misogynistic ideas. Many of these people commit assault on women who refuse their advances.

How do you fit Aspergers in these stories?

Never said it was inconsequential, only a facilitator.

A mental illness will never replace a proper motivation. I'm discussing where he found his motivation, while you try to say it was nothing but madness.

Hey, i'm not the one trying to tar everyone with the same brush here - you are.

I'm not suggesting all misogynists have Aspergers (and that you somehow read that into what i've said is quite disturbing).

You are the one here trying to assert that everyone on this forum you seem to read a hell of a lot is a mass murderer just like Elliot Rodger.

That's barking mad.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You are the one here trying to assert that everyone on this forum you seem to read a hell of a lot is a mass murderer just like Elliot Rodger.

That's barking mad.

This is untrue.

I only said the views of these people were toxic, and I hope they will get more exposure now.

Hopefully they will.

You seem to confuse what I said about the beliefs of that community and the actual members. My criticism is about the beliefs if you read my posts correctly.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

perhaps beginning with the child
in the womb would be a beginning.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Never said it was inconsequential....

Yeah, i'm afraid you did. Read your posts above - you said that he'd have still killed these people if he didn't have Aspergers.

That's a pretty bonkers thing to say, but hey whatever fits it into your agenda.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Yeah, i'm afraid you did. Read your posts above - you said that he'd have still killed these people if he didn't have Aspergers.

That's a pretty bonkers thing to say, but hey whatever fits it into your agenda.

It happened already that people who don't have aspergers assaulted or killed women after subscribing to the red pill ideas.

So my opinion is actually supported by reality while yours is a conjecture.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It happened already that people who don't have aspergers assaulted or killed women after subscribing to the red pill ideas.

So my opinion is actually supported by reality...

Sources?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So my opinion is actually supported by reality...

Sources?

Gunman Murders Gym-Going Women; Misogynists Approve
George Sodini killed three women and injured at least ten others at a Pittsburgh-area gym before shooting himself yesterday. His online diary reveals an obsession with "hoes" who refused to date him — and a connection to more "mainstream" misogynists.

jezebel.com...

Gunwitch, an appearing character on Neil Strauss, best selling book "The Game" whose real name is "Allen Reyes", just got charged for murder after attending a party 1st of january and shooting a girl on the face point blank.

In “The Game,” author Neil Strauss’s 2005 examination of pickup artists and their various techniques, students of the “Gunwitch Method” are taught to “project animalistic sexuality and escalate physical contact until the woman stops them.” Gunwitch’s motto, Strauss noted, is “Make the ho say no.”

www.ktvz.com...

Self confession from a red-piller:

“I was an extremely isolated youth who came from a broken home,” wrote Reddit user throwbabyaway89 on a much-discussed thread about the motivations of rapists last week. “My escape was the internet.” Specifically, pickup artist (PUA) websites. From the ages of 16 to 20, throwbabyaway89 wrote, he was heavily influenced by “PUA material” that was “very objectifying and sexually aggressive towards women.”
All this is background for the real point of his post: a confession that he committed sexual assault at age 17. He says he penetrated a girl he knew with his finger in the backseat of a car, despite her repeated objections. Years later, she allegedly told him “the experience had left her a bit shaken for a year or two.”

www.buzzfeed.com...

A PUA manual commissioned by Red pill redditors stated this:

“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
“Sex: Pull out your cock and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”

jezebel.com...

There is plenty of things like that if you take the time to actually search for it.

Again, I don't expect you to take what I say for granted, but the facts are there.

these ideas are toxic.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: pheonix358
Well those tough anti gun laws don't seem to work.

Sadly, one must look at the culture as the cause rather than the weapon.

Being shot at random, if it was random would be very hard on the families affected. I could not imagine getting one of those visits.

P

What anti gun laws?? hell you can't even get a back ground check passed to see if a criminal or a nut wanted to purchase a fire arm not even safety measures on a fire arm is allowed (talking about a firearm that only the owner can use),I don't think America have more nuts than any other industrialized nation,but we sure gave them enough access both legal and illegal.. and lets get real outside of conflict zones this sorta random thing is extremely rare in other parts of the globe...guess why!

Once again to spare any propaganda he did go through background checks when purchasing firearms, and all of his magazines were 10 rounds. You can't bring illegal into the equation, our own government sells firearms to drug cartels, and if there is anything for sure in this world, if you have the money you can anything you want and I mean anything. In any country anywhere. Most drug cartels in South America are as well equipped as our own military.

News Source

- Zug, Switzerland, September 27, 2001: a man murdered 15 members of a cantonal parliament.
- Tours, France, October 29, 2001: four people were killed and 10 wounded when a French railway worker started killing people at a busy intersection in the city.
- Nanterre, France, March 27, 2002: a man kills eight city councilors after a city council meeting.
- Erfurt, Germany on April 26, 2002: a former student kills 18 at a secondary school.
- Freising, Germany on February 19, 2002: Three people killed and one wounded.
- Turin, Italy on October 15, 2002: Seven people were killed on a hillside overlooking the city.
- Madrid, Spain, October 1, 2006: a man kills two employees and wounds another at a company that he was fired from.
- Emsdetten, Germany, November 20, 2006: a former student murders 11 people at a high school.
- Southern Finland, November 7, 2007: Seven students and the principal were killed at a high school.
- Naples, Italy, September 18, 2008: Seven dead and two seriously wounded in a public meeting hall (not included in totals below because it may possibly have involved the mafia).
- Kauhajoki, Finland, Sept. 23, 2008: 10 people were shot to death at a college.
Winnenden, Germany, March 11, 2009: a 17-year-old former student killed 15 people, including nine students and three teachers.
- Lyon, France, March 19, 2009: ten people injured after a man opened fire on a nursery school.
- Athens, Greece, April 10, 2009: three people killed and two people injured by a student at a vocational college.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands, April 11, 2009: three people killed and 1 injured at a crowded cafe.
Vienna, Austria, May 24, 2009: one dead and 16 wounded in an attack on a Sikh Temple.
- Espoo, Finland, Dec. 31, 2009: 4 killed while shopping at a mall on New Year's Eve.
- Cumbria, England, June 2, 2010: 12 people killed by a British taxi driver.

The US isn't the only one there are whack jobs. The MSM only reports what happens in this country to promote an anti-gun agenda.

Points taken buuut like I said the wack jobs have been very busy lately the nations you mentioned above did do random killings but again how many times in one yr or even two yrs a decade
Look I am not saying grabs all guns and it will solve the issue and the fact that this nut slipped through the cracks doesn't mean we throw our hands up in the air and walk away just mean we have to do better,a store robber can rob a store and get away but we keep tightening security and policing the neighborhood right??

Tighten security, policing neighborhoods, is fine just don't infringe on my 2nd amendment rights over what a whack job does. You will never be able to stop crazies, they haven't figured out how to stop a woman wearing a bomb vest yet. How long did it take to stop the original IED maker in the US the unibomber? If someone wants to do crazy stuff you can never stop them. They are after all crazy!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

I'm a huge proponent of gun rights and have spent more time here on ATS defending them than most people, but this is NOT about guns. This is about PEOPLE.
a reply to: James1982

When a Mad dude thinks how many can he kill with a knife, a common logic says 2-3 to 5-6 max. How many with a gun, like automatic types, probably 10 easily and if well planned then above of 20. Although Mad dude has plans for 100s.

No other item (unless Mad dudes learn to make bombs like McVeigh) promises equal amount of destruction of humans. Guns are a good tool to attain the final release of the pent up hatred and anger.

Control the guns Morons !! or is it the EGO that is making you all fight for the gun rights ??

In White House briefing after Colorado cinema hall shooting, a Russian journalist was very rudely handled by the Press Secretary. Guess who is laughing now ??

Although such tragic shootings of "innocent and unrelated" are nothing to laugh about !! But "I TOLD YOU SO" must me echoing in that Russian Journalist's mind now.

Ted Bundy killed 35 people without a gun. John Wayne Gacy killed 33 without a gun. Gary ridgway 71 without a gun. I think we need to ban crazy people. Controlling guns would have done nothing for these and many others throughout society. Serial Killers

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I wonder if his reasons were influenced by any psychoactive drugs he might have been taking?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

I wonder if his reasons were influenced by any psychoactive drugs he might have been taking?

I'm fairly sure it's not the case. You can read his extremely long rant here:

www.scribd.com...

You can see that it's a very sad tale of someone who suffers from narcissism and autism, and that he bought into the idea that men are owed sex and relationships based on their status, instead of it being something that two human beings with emotions build.

He never made any effort to approach girls and to try to know them as human beings. Instead he expected women to jump on his dick because he was rich and cute. This is unfortunately an increasingly popular belief among shy guys in the US, hence the success of "PUA techniques" which postulate all girl are like computers who work the same way if you push the correct buttons in the correct sequence.

I am not part of the human race. Humanity has rejected me. The females of the human species have never wanted to mate with me, so how could I possibly consider myself part of humanity? Humanity has never accepted me among them, and now I know why. I am more than human. I am superior to them all.
I am Elliot Rodger… Magnificent, glorious, supreme, eminent… Divine! I am the closest thing there is to a living god.

Humanity is a disgusting, depraved, and evil species. It is my purpose to punish them all. I will purify the world of everything that is wrong with it. On the Day of Retribution, I will truly be a powerful god, punishing everyone I deem to be impure and depraved

As a child, my whole world was innocent. It wasn’t until I went through puberty and started desiring girls that my whole life turned into a living hell. I desired girls, but girls never desired me back. There is something very wrong with that. It is an injustice that cannot go unpunished.

His story is sad and hopefully more people will dig into where he got his twisted beliefs from, beyond his mental illness.

Also he could probably have saved himself from all this suffering if he had normal standards, I'm pretty sure he could have easily find a nice GF, but of course as a narcissistic person no girl would be good enough for him. He basically created his own prison himself by becoming shallow and materialistic and refusing to lower his impossible expectations.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
Has this been posted here already? I know it's not a prime journalistic piece of work, but the guy does make some points.

My first thought was, could there have been a "handler" with this kid? In past cases similar to this, the idea that the "lone" gunman was under some kind of mind control by psychiatrists has been pondered.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee
My first thought was, could there have been a "handler" with this kid?

Lol, never change ATS.

He actually confessed he started making plans about killing all males on earth since he was a kid, just because he was jealous of them.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join