It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven killed in mass shooting near University of California

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82
I'm not sure if this has been touched on yet as I haven't had time to read through everything but, anyone interested in it can read his 141 page manifesto.

www.mediaite.com...

Having said that, I'm at a loss here. From a woman's standpoint, he was a reasonably attractive guy as far as looks were concerned so I don't think that was his problem. Perhaps those around him sensed that something was off and that is why he had problems with women. I can only speculate as I don't personally know him. However, I have to wonder, if he did put off those types of vibes, why didn't someone try to get him help? In his manifesto he talks about speaking with a counselor, but it is painfully obvious just from reading his own words that he definitely suffered from some sort of personality disorder and more than likely would have benefited from medicine or behavioral therapy, or some combination of the two.

One of the most disturbing things in his manifesto was his intention to kill his own brother, whom he admits to loving and being close to. He also expresses his intention to kill his stepmother though it is quite clear that they did not have a great relationship. He seems to resent her immensely.

he has aspergers....they don't read social cues very well, they don't judge personal space very well...so they come across awkward....all the looks money and great car will not change how others perceived him....they also zero in on something or someone and become really obsessive...

by the way just heard on the news, he passed the background check for the guns he had

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
America , your "right" to bear arms has served you badly.

You left your first love long ago , and your fascination/obsession/insanity
over WMD is spiralling out of control .

God Himself is left to pick up your broken pieces DAILY , yet
your stiff red necks will never bend over His tears .

I pray for your future return ....

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have been reading up on this guy far too much today and thought I would just consolidate some of the information that has been revealed.

*Stabbed three men in his house
*Attempted to hit several people with his BMW
*Fired at people (and police) from his vehicle as well as attempting to shoot people while walking on the street

Internet Activity

-He posted on PUAhate (pick up artist hate) which is a website for "wizards," male virgins, where he expressed contempt for women (especially blondes). I don't suggest trolling through those forums . . . I thought I had a tolerance for hatred, self-pitty, and overall bitterness . . . but my God . . . nooooooooo

-He also posted on the BodyBuilding forums. He did not receive support in his hateful views and was even called out for posting 'serial killer videos' by members and his ideology appears to have been rejected by the community there as well.

-His youtube videos were identified before the shootings on reddit /cringe where many folks were very, very disturbed by what many called a Norman Bates impression.

Personal life (from manifesto . . . do not read that thing if want to stay sane, f***********************k*** disturbing)
-He clearly had favorable emotions of his mother until 9-11 when he realized that she did not only think of him, this seemed to really have a strong impact on him.

-He had very negative views for his step family (dad's new wife and kids) which were exacerbated by him being shunned after breaking his leg in some altercation at a bar in 2013. His mother left on vacation and his father refused to let him recover at their house.

-The family had him in therapy for the homicidal videos and writings they were coming across where he outlines murdering his brother and stealing the families SUV to murder people with.

Personality
-He frequently referred to himself as a superior and his fantasies often involved him being the 'alpha male,' 'God,' or 'superior being.'

-He seemed to be very insecure about his biracial identity as per videos where he expressed gratitude for the white side dominating his features. He also made posts where he was upset that Indian and Black men were getting attention from white women.

-Very insecure about his height ( 5' 7")

*Many of these opinions stem back to his deep insecurities and feelings of being 'left out.'

. . . lots of insecurities expressed in that manifest which really tell a disturbing tale once he discovered sex. There are entries where he talks about masturbating into his mother's vase to 'preserve his godly seed.' These are not excerpts from a diary, but his interpretation of his childhood memories. It is really sad to see how his memory of things changed around the time puberty hit him. He very clearly had a fondness of his early family life.

If you do go past page 100 be prepared for some serious stuff. The morbid fantasies at one point degenerate into him blaming women for choosing bad mates because they are animals. His solution is to exterminate most of them then establish himself as God. He then keeps some alive locked away in secret reproducing through artificial insemination for so long that men forget that women ever existed.

This whole situation is depressing.

-FBB

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Turns out gun laws don't matter, because it will happen any way. a reply to: Kryties

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
America , your "right" to bear arms has served you badly.

God Himself is left to pick up your broken pieces DAILY , yet

I pray for your future return ....

I didn't realise that knives were WMD's?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I don't feel bad for the little prick one bit. He was born into a luxurious, privileged life, and whines about not getting sex from women. On top of that, if you really look at some of the stuff he's posted, including his manifesto, the guy was obviously a narcissistic, misogynistic, walking piece of self-entitled, irresponsible douche with high standards. Oh, boo hoo, he was a virgin at 22. Woe is him. Life is hard.

Grow up. Stop blaming others because they don't stop to bow down and lick your "alpha-male" shoes.

Sorry to burst the bubble of anyone who believes the nonsensical idea that just because you have money and a fancy car you can "get any girl you want". If I sensed or heard or saw any signs of misogynistic beliefs in a man, I wouldn't associate with them. I wouldn't let my children around them either. Period. I don't care how "rich" or how "handsome" or "manly" they are. At that point, you've just appeared as a small-minded prick to me not worth the time of day.

There is no justifying his actions. He should receive no sympathy either.

When are people going to wake up and realize that when you stop playing the self pity game and stop blaming others for your own problems that life opens up? I speak from personal experience, being one of those "losers" throughout my entire school career that couldn't get a date to save my life, that experienced name calling, public humiliation, bullying. You don't see me blaming others. I was a social recluse and it's no wonder that's how things worked out for me. And I realized this and moved past it once I realized that self pity was self defeating. And now, despite my social skills not being perfect, my life has done virtually a 180 and I've found happiness. Perhaps not the happiness I envisioned originally, but a happiness that brings me contentment and fulfillment. And all it took was looking past the "it's all about me" factor.

Ultimately, the little douche did it to himself in the end. I feel sad for the victims he killed. He is not a victim. He was an irresponsible brat that should have shot himself sooner.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robohamster
I don't feel bad for the little prick one bit. He was born into a luxurious, privileged life, and whines about not getting sex from women.

No one is guaranteed an easy ride, no matter what privilege you're born into.

This tragedy proves that applying merit to an individual's unhappiness - trying to be a judge and weigh the validity of pain through a lens of privilege may end very badly.

This guy had severe problems and it sounds like misguided experimental therapy didn't work. He suffered by the sounds of it and so innocent people and their families suffer also.

Perhaps if people had paid attention to his pain, rather than assuming it's not so bad because he's privileged this may not have ended this way.

edit on 25-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

No. Just no. The little bastard is not to be apologised for.

Yes, every one of us has trouble and turmoil and our lives are rarely pleasant for long before something messes with us again. But that is not an excuse to kill other human beings and there is no amount of attention anyone could have paid him that would have turned him good.

He was broken and he was bad and that's it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Who's apologising for him?

What anyone says now, after the fact is besides the point. But treating someone with such a condition with this attitude - no sympathy because their 'privileged' is exactly what leads to this kind of thing happening.

TBH i think you didn't read my post properly.

edit on 25-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

There is never a justification for murder. Murderers should be removed from the gene pool imho. But at the same time, its interesting to figure out what the underlying causes of psychopathy might be, in the hopes of preventing more of the same in the future.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just seen this on the BBC News site (although it's been up since yesterday afternoon):

Witness interviews

Second interviewee says that he saw 2 people in the BMW...

I'm coming to this story late, so maybe this has been proven otherwise, but thought it important if not.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I read that right after it happened - this type of thing has been reported after mass shootings before also. That there was more than one shooter but then only one is found in the end.

It's weird. Makes you wonder if something else is up.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I read that right after it happened - this type of thing has been reported after mass shootings before also. That there was more than one shooter but then only one is found in the end.

It's weird. Makes you wonder if something else is up.

Could be a common misinterpretation - PTS causing the brain decide that one person couldn't cause such destruction alone, so a false memory fixes that problem.

Or, if this happens often, it's not hard to conceive that there is often a second perp who escapes and is never caught. This 2nd perp is never mentioned by police because there's not enough evidence there is one, and/or because it makes the police look bad.

Or, it could fuel the conspiracy notion that mind control is responsible and the 2nd perp is the handler, who's escape is facilitated.

Guess we'll never know.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

True, and its your last statement that says it all. I guess we will never know. I have examined all possibilities too, and came up with the same end. We'll never know.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

originally posted by: radarloveguy

I didn't realise that knives were WMD's?

www.news.com.au...

splitting hairs much ?

even a safety match can set the largest fire ,
... intent makes it so

edit on 25-5-2014 by radarloveguy because: rip

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
May be the sorority girls wouldn't let him in the door.

That is reported as happening. No one would answer so he stood near the street and shot three girls outside.

For all his woman hating rants, he seems to have killed for males then females.
edit on 5/25/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

"It was apparent he was very mentally disturbed," Brown said.

So disturbed that a relative asked law enforcement officers to check on his welfare April 30, Brown said.

Rodger's family contacted police after discovering social media posts about suicide and killing people, family spokesman and attorney Alan Shifman told reporters Saturday.

"He expressed to the deputies he was having troubles with his social life, and that he would probably not be returning to school next year," Brown said.

There was nothing in his behavior to suggest he was violent, and the deputies "determined he did not meet the criteria for an involuntary hold," he said.

They found Rodger to be "polite and courteous," and left, Brown said.

It appears that Rodger was planning the killing spree "for at least a year," Brown told CNN on Sunday morning.

Link

Of course he will act in a manner that makes him appear OK at that instant.

It is touchy, does someone's writings fore tell future events or just thoughts that will never be acted on? Obviously both happen.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am not going to defend this guy but try to put yourself in his position. He had self esteem problems beyond physical attributes like height and race. You're the child of a Hollywood insider. Your parents hobknob with the rich and famous the beautiful people. Parties, events, media spotlights. You grow up in a mansion with just about everything you want and you take it for granted. You're catered to and have privilege. Then you grow up. You have to prove something that you can make it on your own and you can't. You want to be a part of that lifestyle and its slipping away from you. You're forced into a normal life, that of a nobody, a common everyday person who isn't praised for mediocrity, doesn't live in make believe and has to deal with people you never had anything in common with. That has got to be a devastating blow to somebody with a big ego like this kid had.
Geez, did the cops drop the ball on this one.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I read your post fine and the language appears somewhat apologetic. If that wasn't your intention, I'm sorry for reading your tone incorrectly.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
I am not going to defend this guy but try to put yourself in his position. He had self esteem problems beyond physical attributes like height and race. You're the child of a Hollywood insider. Your parents hobknob with the rich and famous the beautiful people. Parties, events, media spotlights. You grow up in a mansion with just about everything you want and you take it for granted. You're catered to and have privilege. Then you grow up. You have to prove something that you can make it on your own and you can't. You want to be a part of that lifestyle and its slipping away from you. You're forced into a normal life, that of a nobody, a common everyday person who isn't praised for mediocrity, doesn't live in make believe and has to deal with people you never had anything in common with. That has got to be a devastating blow to somebody with a big ego like this kid had.
Geez, did the cops drop the ball on this one.

Oh, my god almighty - more apologetic language. I can't believe this - people are actually trying to justify this disgusting little freak's behaviour and murder of other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join