It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Job Applications Dumped On 'Occupy' Protesters By Chicago Board Of Trade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Kids with a college degree won't work at McD's as they are overqualified.

These douchewads just showed every single one of us yet again with this action exactly how they feel about us, they do not want us with cushy corporate gigs dictating policies they want us all working for minimum wage.

What I would've done is collected them all, boxed them up and shipped them via USPS to the Chicago Board Of Trade Offices with a note saying "No thank you and we found these and knew they were yours and are returning your property to you and by the way, we do not like people that litter or throw things out of the window!"

That would've made them to a triple take.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

A McD gig barely pays a living wage, the food is unhealthy and loaded with junk. No self respecting person who wants to do better for themselves will ever work fast food.

Would you take a gig at McD flipping burgers while holding a master's? No you won't!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by pngxp
you know what helps unemployment the most?

camping in a park for 3 week.

FAIL

You know what works for your attitude? A BULLET!

wow, so is that a threat of physical violence towards me or something?

im guessing youre a liberal? thanks for showing your true colors.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

you know what helps unemployment the most?

camping in a park for 3 week.

FAIL

You know what works for your attitude? A BULLET!

wow, so is that a threat of physical violence towards me or something?

im guessing youre a liberal? thanks for showing your true colors.

No it's just a suggestion for you to take into account.But I was beig sarcastic.

Sitting behind your computer deriding people trying to stimulate CHANGE~~~ EPIC FAIL!

No I am middle of the line Consider myself an Independant Independant from retarded leanings and bipartisan bull#!
edit on 6-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

This occupation wants nothing to do with the left, the right or even the cente as what we want is to be Americans for America!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hey a job is a job, even if it's a McJob.
If they don't want to fill out the applications then they have no right to complain about being unemployed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

How about you go work at McD's, also please take a pic in the uniform to prove it. But, you probably have a job, so anyway I imagine you would not worry about losing your job? And if you do this offer is still open and to prove that it's your pic in the MCD's uniform I want you to post a pic of yourself now...j/k but you know it is easy to jsut take any bum working at MCD'S pic and say it's you. Just saying...you first, Mac...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

A McD gig barely pays a living wage, the food is unhealthy and loaded with junk. No self respecting person who wants to do better for themselves will ever work fast food.

Would you take a gig at McD flipping burgers while holding a master's? No you won't!

If I was unemployed? You bet your ass I would. I would do WHATEVER was required of me to put food on the table to feed my wife, my son, and myself. NO job is beneath me. Again, mathematics seems to fail people here.

I can make zero, or I can make more than zero. What is so hard to understand here? Has math changed so much since I had to do calculations in 3rd grade?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu

On top of cold weather and logistical pains, "Occupy" protesters in Chicago last week dealt with an embarrassing stunt. Dozens of photocopied McDonald's job applications were reportedly thrown from the Chicago Board of Trade building and onto Occupy Chicago protestors earlier this week, according to Chicagoist (h/t Mediaite).

source

Wow...how rude. So everyone's supposed to go work at McDonalds flipping burgers, this will solve ALL of our problems, yeah right.

Yeah, but you have to admit - the irony is really funny! Mind you, I believe that things should be better, but I don't agree that protesting is the best way to do that. However, to each their own, and we live in a free country that allows that, so I support the freedom to gather peacefully.

BUT...I see this as classic karma in action. The protesters are appalled with, "THAT'S your answer to us???" And the CEO's (I can only imagine) are saying, "Oh, you had a question? We just thought you were bored."

Both sides are funny to me, so don't misunderstand. If you're willing to push and be a jerk, then you must be willing for someone to push and be a jerk back. Really, what have the protesters done to help anything, except make enemies out of the police, hurt local businesses and get people injured on both sides? It took them a few weeks to get a list of complaints going, and to date, there still is no valid recommendation as to how they propose these demands be carried out....not only that, but many of those demands are being made to the WRONG PEOPLE.

Call me old school, but I live by the thought that if you're going to complain about something, you'd better have a detailed, thought-provoking, and workable solution in mind, then attack the problem from that angle FIRST. Otherwise, zip it and stop being a back seat driver. Contribute to fix the perceived problem, but for God's sake, don't add to it.

Just my opinion though. God speed for those who don't agree. I wish you all the best, I really do. (No really...I do mean that.) I hope someone with some serious brains comes up with something workable soon, because then maybe someone will listen. It's going to take work from BOTH sides though...theirs AND ours. We have got to make some sacrifices, plain and simple. We're going to have to be inconvenienced for a while if we want to see things get better. But if the average American isn't willing to do this, then nothing the corporations do will make things better. There has got to be some understanding on both sides and some agreements reached. We're all in this together, like it or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Old,

What's good buddy? How's the fam? Hope everyone is peachy!

You'd have to work at least 60 hours a week at bare minimum while bringing in $600 a week and your wife would have to make that or more to live in my building as we have a 2 building lot with a 3 floor and 3 family apartment building with a deattached 3 car garage and in order to live here and maintain basic essentials you need at least $2,500 a month or better to sustain basic function. Corner property with 3 sided view from main building and the legendary Historic Downtown Jersey City can boast a property worth like $2.2 Million and is at either 77 Hudsin North Tower or at the top penthouse of Trump Plaza

$1,100 for Fl. 1 and $1,000 for Fl. 2! Up the block from me is a condo which goes for mid 300K's would probally make it cost prohibitive for some! City living is expensive and worth it. Our EMS response time is less then 3 minutes which is far better that the national average of 4 - 5 1/2!
edit on 7-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have much to add to this insult but as i post from a handheld i will have to keep this short and to the point like my other posts.This government entity has obviously broken city/state polution/littering laws redhanded.If they are not damn the police/prosecutors and is a perfect exampl of what the OWS is protesting about.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Corporations, Banks, Wall Street, The Federal Reserve, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Council On Foreign Relations are our direct and already declared targets and enemies and have been the sole cause of this mess. They own both parties, the media, energy, retail, most aspects of our lives. Internet service providers are so widespread that it's becoming impossible to mine every last microchip of data anywhere on earth and makes it that much harder to lock it down!

This is who we stand against!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Hey a job is a job, even if it's a McJob.
If they don't want to fill out the applications then they have no right to complain about being unemployed.

Totally agree.And I'm sick of people on here saying they're 'over qualified' for working at Mcdonalds.While that may be true for a few...it's not for most.Go apply at a supermarket in management if you feel you're over qualified for Mcdonalds.Be a landscaper.Construction.Get up off your ass and LOOK.Just because you went to college does not mean you're entitled to work in whatever field your degree is.

Fact is if you wanted to find a job you could.They just think they're entitled to something more then they actually are.
edit on 7-11-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

You dare to use the term "misfortune" to describe the OWS crowd? Let me tell you about misfortune, son.

first of all, you shouldnt call anyone son, if you are not their father. thats simply wrong.
2nd, if you had suffered psychological illness because of the bad things happened to you, shouldnt there be a health insurance, that keeps you alive or gives you therapy ?
and if you were not able to work anymore for the rest of your life, shouldnt there be welfare, that gives you a decent flat and some money to get food ?
i thought this is part of the ows movement, too. dont they fight for supporting the unlucky or ill, too ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
For those of you thinking "working at McDonalds is a great idea for these protesters", it would take a husband and wife (or two roommates), provided they aren't "over qualified" via a college degree or prior business experience, working full time just to pay the average rent in an urban city, not including utilities, food, and transportation. This assuming they live a Spartan existence with no television, no going out to dinner or a movie (ever), no schooling, no car/insurance, no renter's insurance, and no phone (cell or otherwise), and god forbid they actually have children.
So they could house themselves off of this money, depend on food stamps to eat, and that would be their existence. This is precisely the lifestyle the "elites" want for us. The complete destruction of the middle class, creating an entire population of servants; people so desperate that they'll succumb to desperation and do what they're told by these slave masters.
This wasn't some joke being played by the 1%. This was a nudge to incite violence.
edit on 7-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Chicago is a hot spot.

According to one report, the Chicago mafia were instrumental in bringing the JFK assassins into the US.

You also have all that mobster heritage there, and the bought politicians.

Some researchers have connected faculty at Northwestern University (such as Bernardine Dohrn) with various questionable activities.

So the protests there are missing some withholds big time.

I hope they can keep going, but the winter could present some major problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I'd rather live off danelion leaves and build a lean-to than work at Mcdonalds as a personal choice, which is something to say, 'cus here in Canada they pay twelve an hour within a year of working there apparantly.

Personal choice, and it's all about who you support. It's not just about work, and supporting the machine, or living to work, but working to live. you may owe your neighbour the time of day, a cup of sugar, that sort of thing, but you most certainly don't own your country or country-man forty hours a week of your time unless you're good and ready to provide it of your own willing soul. If you want to look down on someone for not working, that's ever your perogative, but ...

Free energy is suppressed and unavailable; cars, factories, nuclear plants, and a thousand chemicals pollute our lungs; social elitism pollutes our workplaces and enforces an often-fascist, feudal pecking order; all land is already "owned" unless you're in a communist country, and often is a step away from being government reclaim even when bought and payed for; our dollar is devalued by corporatists who constantly manipulate it's value as they see fit; our food is poisoned by GMO's, nanotech, pesticides, and heaven knows what else, and they have the utter gall to make us pay for that poison; surveillance, and workplace surveillance is becoming psychotic and neurotic - who should have to put up with such invasions of their privacy; products sold are often from poorly waged people who are not properly recompensed for their time, and soon to be, we'll be among the third-world hacks who get equally under-valued; our economy is so insistant on over-production, raping the worlds resources, and putting on the blinders that it makes less sense to be accountable, and more sense to shut-up and turn a blind eye; overweight managers often sit on their behinds and earn a healthy salary while less experienced workers do 90% of the work for half the wages; women still earn less than men, on par, for equal labour; products are shipped gross distances to create pollution and traffic-flow concerns, and superstores are stamped into every town at the utter expense of smaller and local business ventures; the list goes on ...

So it's ALL about what you agree to, what pact you make, what social contract you swallow, and it's a real con-mans game to step into many a job and work in "the machine". Screw you, big business. An imploded economy would suit me just fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Old,

What's good buddy? How's the fam? Hope everyone is peachy!

You'd have to work at least 60 hours a week at bare minimum while bringing in $600 a week and your wife would have to make that or more to live in my building as we have a 2 building lot with a 3 floor and 3 family apartment building with a deattached 3 car garage and in order to live here and maintain basic essentials you need at least $2,500 a month or better to sustain basic function. Corner property with 3 sided view from main building and the legendary Historic Downtown Jersey City can boast a property worth like $2.2 Million and is at either 77 Hudsin North Tower or at the top penthouse of Trump Plaza

$1,100 for Fl. 1 and $1,000 for Fl. 2! Up the block from me is a condo which goes for mid 300K's would probally make it cost prohibitive for some! City living is expensive and worth it. Our EMS response time is less then 3 minutes which is far better that the national average of 4 - 5 1/2!

Going good, actually. I have a good job with decent pay (for my geographic region). I have a house with a very modest mortgage. My son's not doing very well in school, but he's healthy, as is my wife. Thanks for asking!

If you had no job, how much of that could you pay for?
If you have a job, how much of that could you pay for?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Idiots taunting idiots

They can't argue thier differences at the government level so they take it to the streets instead

We are so very close to violence breaking out

It could all turn in a moment

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join