It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Outlawed in Oklahoma Starting July 1

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I see you don't seem to want to reply with answers to the questions I posed to you.

Neither did you. I asked you, "What kind of (misdemeanor) crimes do we send (first time offenders) to jail for, and therefore, take their kids away.

Then what? Give their kids back to them and kick them all out of the state, or keep their kids in the State of Oklahoma in Foster Care?

edit on 2320242024k50America/Chicago2024-05-02T17:50:23-05:0005pm2024-05-02T17:50:23-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Loads of them...1st time DUI or lesser drug charges, 2nd degree assults...there are quite a few. Here is a link which details them. I myself have spent some time in jail for misdemeanor crimes.

linky

Now its your turn...
edit on 2-5-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: FlyersFan

Let me get this straight....

Illegal aliens are here...illegally.

So they are making it a crime to be here illegally?

I thought being an illegal already made it a crime.
My bad, should have known.

The state can't enforce federal law, which is what our immigration laws all are.

Making a state law about it gives the state something to enforce.

It's probably unconstitutional though.

That said, if the SCOTUS rules it unconstitutional, there's one last option: the state could ignore the SCOTUS and keep enforcing it anyway.

What does the Biden administration do then? Do they send the feds in to force the state to accept illegal immigrants?

I think that would be political suicide.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

From you link:

Minor drug offenses, such as possession
Drunk driving
Petty theft, including shoplifting
Minor or simple assault or battery
Trespassing
Vandalism
Minor sex crimes, including solicitation, prostitution and indecent exposure
Resisting arrest
Some cybercrimes, including stalking or bullying

I don't think any of those crimes will get you jail time or get your kids taken away from you on your 1st offense, unless it was a doozy, somebody died or was severely injured.

I myself have spent some time in jail for misdemeanor crimes.

Were you sentenced to jail time for a 1st misdemeanor, or did you wait in a cell while you were being processed? Were you in jail long enough that you could've lost your kids, if you had any?

I just don't think the punishment fits the crime and that it's not going to help Oklahoma's economy enough to move any needle and may just make it worse.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes twice, once as a minor for less than a gram of weed. I was locked up gor over a month. Once as an adult for a DUI and and possession of marijuana charge...that time I was allowed to post bail but then after court I was locked up for 60 days. Actually there was a 3rd time, which thankfully I had a good public defender, and plead down a felony possession with intent to distribute for I think it was 16g of weed. Anything over 14g would automatically get you the felony in VA...I did 30 days on that one too.

Again...back to you...you want to enlighten me on what should be done about the issue causing states to have to pass their own laws? How about what happens when you are trespassed, do you get to stay on that property or are you forced to leave or end up arrested and locked up?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   

you want to enlighten me on what should be done about the issue causing states to have to pass their own laws?

Nope. Obviously, our immigration system in broken. But, you don't really want to hear my opinion on immigration and human sovereignty as opposed to nationalism, in general. LOL Your head would explode.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know. Honestly I am pretty good at just tuning out things I don't care about...

I want to understand why you think and say the things you do...because I disagree with them so much and so often that it intrigues me. I don't understand it and I would like to.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I also will just go ahead and say you know what happens if you get trespeassed somewhere...because 90% of adults, especially your generation isn't that dumb, that you dont understand when you are trespassed from a place you have to leave that place or risk further punishment.

It sucks for the kids...that is by far the saddest part, but if you are poor and teach your child to shoplift for you is that not wrong...and do you not hurt others by stealing? Same thing here...breakimg the law to come here outside the system hurts a lot of other people who have an actual right to be here. It sucks that it is that way...but it is that way and thats reality.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Great solution. Let's hope more states adopt such procedures.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know.

Okay. As simply put as I can make it....

America was set up with an economy that relied on slavery, and, only white men, with a good reputation were considered worthy of American citizenship, and the rights citizenship conveys.

The Missouri Compromise was an attempt to placate the bleeding heart, anti-slavery liberals. But it backfired, giving Southern State an economic superiority over the Northern States, proving that slavery pays! LOL

States tried to protect their own economies by writing to their own immigration laws, outlawing certain (free) immigrants, like the Irish, the Chinese. But SCOTUS rejected all these state immigration laws, ruling immigration to be federal jurisdiction. As they should in this case too. But who knows with this SCOTUS!

After the Civil War, we still had slavery under the 13th Amendment, and Southern States made sure to keep a large population of black men and women in forced labor, as sharecroppers, or in prison, thanks to those pesky Jim Crow laws.

Now days, we Americans outsource our slavery to 3rd world countries, keeping those counties economically down through instigated political instability and gang run governments, a lack of clean water and healthy food, access to health care and education, living in constant trauma. All so we buy their cheap goods, their illegal drugs, and dump our waste on their land and cater to fascists leaders.

We don't wonder why these people seek refuge here, but we just won't tolerate much of it, unless we can treat these people like our private secret slaves, in the fields picking our fruits and vegetables, prepping our meat in slaughterhouses, working in restaurant kitchens, watching our kids, mowing our lawns and clipping our hedges, and sewing our clothes in secret dark basements in inner-city building's basements.

edit on 5720242024k12America/Chicago2024-05-03T13:12:57-05:0001pm2024-05-03T13:12:57-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This makes no sense. Illegal immigration is already illegal. How the hell do you outlaw things that are already illegal? This is an example of performative legislation. Laws that are pointless but they pass anyway because they sound pretty on paper and make it look like they are doing something when they really arent. If they really wanted to do anything about illegal immigration they would bust all the businesses that hire them and people that employ them. But they wont, because those are the rich people that donate money.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
This makes no sense. Illegal immigration is already illegal. How the hell do you outlaw things that are already illegal?
This was explained earlier in the thread. There's federal laws controlling immigration. The state has no jurisdiction to enforce them. So they passed a state law so the state has jurisdiction. It's not that complicated.

This is an example of performative legislation.

No, because of the above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join