It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Outlawed in Oklahoma Starting July 1

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well, this is one way to combat an invasion of illegals.
Make a state law that says they can't be in the state.
If Biden and the feds refuse to do something about the invasion,
it looks like states are going to protect themselves as best they can.

Illegal Immigration Outlawed in Oklahoma Starting July 1

A bill that would make illegal immigration a state crime on July 1 is being praised and criticized by state lawmakers.

House Bill 4156 creates the crime of “impermissible occupation." It is defined as a person willfully and without permission entering and remaining in Oklahoma without first obtaining legal authorization to enter the United States, according to the bill.

Anyone living in Oklahoma as illegal immigrants would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $500, or both. Anyone found guilty would be required to leave the state within 72 hours following conviction or release from custody, whichever comes later, according to the bill. A second offense would be a felony.

Gov. Kevin Stitt signed it Tuesday.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If there's anyone dumb enough to believe the flood of illegals isn't on purpose, I have a unicorn for sale.

7 - 9 million illegals have crossed the border since Biden and the Democrats took over.

That is not immigration.

That is an invasion.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how much pushback this actually gets from the biden administration. Many speculate that the purpose of the illegals is to increase the seats in Congress for democrat states. This law would just drive the illegals to more friendly, democrat states. The dems might secretly be cheering this on.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Let me get this straight....

Illegal aliens are here...illegally.

So they are making it a crime to be here illegally?

I thought being an illegal already made it a crime.
My bad, should have known.

(post by diaclonethunder removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

It seems stupid, but if the feds won't enforce the law the state must pass one so they can arrest and charge in state courts. It's jurisdictional.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Yeah ... you'd think that would be enough but apparently it's not.
Sanctuary cities and a Biden federal gov't friendly to illegals has
made it so the states have to defend themselves with their own laws.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

How can illegal immigration be outlawed if it’s already illegal?

Never mind already addressed above I see.
edit on 2-5-2024 by AllisVibration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

How can illegal immigration be outlawed if it’s already illegal?

I thought the same thing. But it seems that with sanctuary cities and
a federal government that doesn't enforce federal laws, the states have
had to start legislating to protect themselves.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We have a similar problem in the UK, illegals throw away their passports and ID, then try claiming refugee status. Even though the vast majority are not refugees of any sort. They have been told they will have a better life here by the gangsters they pay to smuggle them in.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Albone

I do get that, just like Texas.

But the low IQ will see this as if they finally made crossing our border without permission a crime. Damn Trump for letting everybody in and causing this problem!

It has it's parallels to the gun problem. Felons have guns (illegally), see we need to pass common sense gun laws. Nevermind that the laws on the books are not enforced, let's make new ones. That infringe even more on the law abiding citizens.

It is sadly amazing to me just how short of an attention span we have these days. Take the soundbite and run.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

IDK, it sounds counterproductive to me. Let's say you catch an illegal, doing yard work for a grounds maintenance company. So, you put him in jail for a year. How much will that cost Oklahoma taxpayers? Let's say he has a illegal wife, that does maid work, and her illegal mother watches their 3 American born kids. She and Grandma go to jail for a year, and the 3 kids go into foster care for a year too. How much will that cost Oklahoma taxpayers?

Also, it sounds a lot like the same kind of family separation as a punishment/deterrent, for being an undocumented alien/illegal in the State of Oklahoma, as the Trump Administration family separation policy that was so harshly criticized.
edit on 5220242024k11America/Chicago2024-05-02T12:11:52-05:0012pm2024-05-02T12:11:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

IDK, it sounds counterproductive to me. Let's say you catch an illegal, doing yard work for a grounds maintenance company. So, you put him in jail for a year. How much will that cost Oklahoma taxpayers? Let's say he has a illegal wife, that does maid work, and her illegal mother watches their 3 American born kids. She and Grandma go to jail for a year, and the 3 kids go into foster care for a year too. How much will that cost Oklahoma taxpayers?

Also, it sounds a lot like the same kind of family separation as a punishment/deterrent, for being an undocumented alien/illegal in the State of Oklahoma, as the Trump Administration family separation policy that was so harshly criticized.

Wow racist much? Brown people are good for yard work and being maids huh?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Wow racist much? Brown people are good for yard work and being maids huh?

"Brown", your word, not mine.

I doubt your brown doctor, lawyer, police, teachers and preachers, are illegals, but you never know. Illegals tend to stay low and work in behind-the-scenes labor jobs.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Up to 1 year in jail...that means the judge can sentence anything from 0 days to 12 months. The law states within 72hrs of release or conviction...whichever comes first. So judge could sentence maybe 1 month or even 0 time and charge the fine then within 3 days either they leave or catch a felony. Pretty sure the felony will put them into DOC and prison...not jail which means the Feds pay...and yes it is still tax dollars, but its better than just allowing them to freely come in and do as they please.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

7 - 9 million illegals have crossed the border since Biden and the Democrats took over.

Last estimate I saw was over 10 million known illegal immigrants, and for every one known 10 get through undetected. I don't think the admitted number includes the thousands Biden smuggled in by the plane loads in the middle of the night, either.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

You are thinking rationally and logically.

Big mistake.

You can't do that these days. It equates to THOUGHTCRIME. And you don't want to be guilty of thoughtcrime.

(Still not sure if Orwell was trying to warn us or just taking the piss.)

:
edit on 2024 5 2 by AwakeNotWoke because: typos.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

....and ?

If any other criminal is arrested and sent to jail, they are separated from their kids. What makes the illegals so special ?

They are cutting city budgets, paid by You the taxpayer, for services you are entitled to, so they can take care of the 7 - 9 million who are flooding our country. They are handing out free food, shelter and EBT cards, paid for by YOU the taxpayer and benefits that should be for taxpaying citizens, are going to take care of them. Our homeless are living on the streets while illegals are in 5 star hotels, all at the taxpayers expense.

Wanna tell why the illegals get treated better than our citizens ?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Up to 1 year in jail...that means the judge can sentence anything from 0 days to 12 months. The law states within 72hrs of release or conviction...whichever comes first. So judge could sentence maybe 1 month or even 0 time and charge the fine then within 3 days either they leave or catch a felony. Pretty sure the felony will put them into DOC and prison...not jail which means the Feds pay...and yes it is still tax dollars, but its better than just allowing them to freely come in and do as they please.

Right, up to a year in jail. That does give the judge some leeway.

Anyone living in Oklahoma as illegal immigrants would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $500, or both. Anyone found guilty would be required to leave the state within 72 hours following conviction or release from custody, whichever comes later, according to the bill. A second offense would be a felony.

So, they're NOT turning the perpetrator over to the FEDS after they've served their "state time", they're released and told to leave the state, so they're just making these people another states' problem. And, it's only a misdemeanor the first time, it becomes a felony the second time around.

Yea, I'm not a fan of the law.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If any other criminal is arrested and sent to jail, they are separated from their kids. What makes the illegals so special ?

What makes illegals so dangerous?

Does the punishment fit the crime? What kind of crimes do we normally send people to jail for, and take away their kids? Assault, robbery, fraud. Illegal trespassing? Not so much, really.

They are handing out free food, shelter and EBT cards, paid for by YOU the taxpayer and benefits that should be for taxpaying citizens, are going to take care of them.

No they aren't. Illegals (undocumented) don't get EBT cards or HUD. If they have an EBT card and are getting social services, they aren't undocumented.

edit on 5220242024k44America/Chicago2024-05-02T15:44:52-05:0003pm2024-05-02T15:44:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join