It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International law versus "rules-based order"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy
a reply to: RussianTroll

These are the instances of Russia violating the international law during the invasion of Ukraine:

1. The violation of the 1945 UN Charter, which prohibits the use of military force against the territorial integrity of any state unless in self defense or under the authorization by the Security Council.

2. The violation of international agreements such as Budapest Memorandum and Minsk Agreements.

3. The violation of Geneva Conventions and international humanitarian law, which prohibit the attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure.

UN Security Council passed a resolution condemning the war in Ukraine shortly after the Russian invasion. Russia was also accused of war crimes and crimes against humanity. The International Court of Justice ordered Russia to immediately stop its military operations in Ukraine. Russia boycotted the order.

You claimed in your OP that Russia is trying to obey the international law. Countless examples show something to the contrary. Please pontificate now how Russia obeys international laws.

Ummm...now please...kindly quote...list...and source all the instances of said violations...perpetrated by the west since 1945...

For balance...and honesty's sake...

I'll be waiting...wake me when you've achieved impartiality...

YouSir

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It's funny that you post this.....

....among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Russian has invaded Ukraine and is trying to deny the country it's life, liberty, and hapiness, and has no interest in international rules or law.
This is just another thread from you complaining about America and it's supposed 'immanent collapse' as part of your usual attack on the west, when you see Russia and it's economy sinking further and further.
In the next few weeks Ukraine will be capable of doing tit for tat strikes deeper into Russia, because Putin chose not to follow international law and has had his "special operation" of a few weeks dragged into a war thats going to cripple his country.

edit on 3-5-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

(post by JAY1980 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yay!

I'm a loathsome Englishman I'm sure, that said I've got no qualms about pointing out mistakes (in my opinion) whether they're historical or present. In my understanding international law supercedes any rules based orders which tend to be between somewhat like-minded nations.

If we can't criticise our own governments or others we're probably in serious trouble, those are the moments in time things such as a revolution are usually desirable. They say history repeats itself, probably human nature innit? All that said I didn't live under the threat of communism... Looking at history most nations were doing unsavoury things those days, things are a little sweeter now. It's just luck where a person is born, we're all products of our environment.

As for games, I was a kid once. C&C games were a lot more fun than chess or checkers and it rains a lot in the UK.
edit on Fri May 3 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If you are going to quote the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence you should at least get it right.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

But that was the Russian version of the actuality?

Which is so often divorced from reality. Apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join