It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "Genocide"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There are no category for Genocide, Genocide is Genocide when it is recognized internationally as an international crime against another, period.
And that is to say in past participle meaning it cannot be called upon or relegated. It has to have happened.
If the United States went to war against Europe and dropped a nuclear bomb on Italy to begin, it isn't Genocide as long as the war is going on at least.
That's about as much sense as it makes.
But if you bring it back for what it actually purposefully means then it's pretty basic in that it's for those to come along after the fact as an international committee for instance to say You can't do that.
That way, it won't happen again.
It's called Genocide because that's the way it sounds, like a frying pan.
edit on 2-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It isn't Genocide, it's war torn just like its peoples and it won't stop either unless someone pulls out the big boys but that might be.
Nobody wants it really.a reply to: Hakaiju

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Israel suffers from the who am I why am I here syndrome versus the I didn't do its so it's like Genocide because the only reason anybody at all cares is because Israel is called Israel.
It's a trip on scripture, imo
edit on 2-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
There is no genocide because Israel isn't going after the Palestinians as a group. It's pretty simple.

Palestinians are dying, but the civilian to combatant ratio is actually lower than normal in war.

I challenge anyone to find another "genocide" where that was the case.

If Israel's intent was to commit genocide against the Palestinians, the civilian to combatant ratio would be much higher. That's a common marker of actual genocide.

ETA: Also, the former president of the ICJ gave an interview where she talked about how the media had mischaracterized the ICJ's preliminary ruling on South Africa's claim that Israel is committing genocide. The ICJ did NOT find that the claim is plausible, as Israel haters keep repeating.

Agreed! If Israel were to commit "genocide" this war would have been over a few days after Oct 7th. They could easily flatten all of Gaza and "Palestine" any time they want to...in a matter of hours.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
There is no genocide because Israel isn't going after the Palestinians as a group. It's pretty simple.

Palestinians are dying, but the civilian to combatant ratio is actually lower than normal in war.

I challenge anyone to find another "genocide" where that was the case.

If Israel's intent was to commit genocide against the Palestinians, the civilian to combatant ratio would be much higher. That's a common marker of actual genocide.

ETA: Also, the former president of the ICJ gave an interview where she talked about how the media had mischaracterized the ICJ's preliminary ruling on South Africa's claim that Israel is committing genocide. The ICJ did NOT find that the claim is plausible, as Israel haters keep repeating.

Agreed! If Israel were to commit "genocide" this war would have been over a few days after Oct 7th. They could easily flatten all of Gaza and "Palestine" any time they want to...in a matter of hours.

Simple math proves the genocide propaganda wrong.

Not only that, but it also proves that less bombastic claims--like that Israel is wantonly killing civilians or even that Israel is being reckless--are also false. The data shows that, compared to historical norms in war, Israel is being extremely careful.

There's a reason the Geneva Conventions don't identify any civilian death toll above 0 as a war crime. They don't even define a number. Because the people who wrote it understood there was no way to fight a war without killing civilians, even if you try really hard not to.

College kids with no concept of the real world, and adults who never grew up past the college stage, don't understand this, so they think there's a genocide.

Anyone who wants Palestinian civilians to stop dying in wars with Israel should be urging the Palestinians to stop going to war with Israel.
edit on 2-5-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: network dude

I've just realized that people like you aren't trying to be deceptive.

You truly have no idea how crazy you sound to people who see the absolute horror of what is happening on the ground in Gaza and know that more bloodshed is absolutely guaranteed on a much larger scale and this is how every country in the world gets dragged into the final war for humanity.

But you just keep on arguing semantics, content with the fact that we are heading straight for the end game.

Your Jesus is not coming back to save you, no one is getting saved.

Ummm...not only that...according to the US congress...as of today...even mentioning that Jesus was handed over to Pontius Pilot by the Jews...is...wait for it...Antisemitism...

So...now the entirety of Christendom...is...Antisemitic...

Christians are inherently antisemitic

Among the cases of hatred toward Jews mentioned in the document is “using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism (e.g. claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.”

“could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing the Gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified by the Jews.” Other anti-Semitic acts mentioned in the bill include “accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel… than to the interests of their own nations,” making allegations “about a world Jewish conspiracy and or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government,” as well as “drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.”

Gotta love those first amendment rights...right...?

I don't agree though...I think these persons absolutely do realize how crazy they sound...they simply don't care...their myopic viewpoints constrict any ability to identify the horror of what the Palestinian people are suffering...as horror...

They are gleeful...that mass starvation is taking place in Gaza...they are absolutely ecstatic that 15,000 Palestinian children have been slaughtered by Israel...

These people have no conscience...no morals...no righteousness...and their hearts are filled with hatred...and puerile justification...

I'm effing ashamed to have once called them friend...for they are no friend to humanity...and their hubris merely pollutes their speech...as they try to claim some empty victory...by browbeating the boards with their lockstep programming...

Disgusting and pathetic...

YouSir

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

Yeah, when Israel parachutes into Gaza, indiscriminately killing elderly women and children just because they're Palestinian, and taking non-combatants hostage, all while usii g their own hospital patients and school children as human shields, I'll accept the "genocide" label. Until then, it seems there's only one guilty party.

The crickets are going to chirp chirp chirp for you on this one BP. You know they just think the innocent victims of the Jihad had it coming for you know, just living.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating. Not what I would call a genocide. If you wanted to wipe out a entire race or religion would they be doing this?

The Israel Defense Forces is readying to evacuate Palestinian civilians from Gaza’s southernmost city in Rafah ahead of its planned offensive there against Hamas, according to a report Monday. Citing Israeli and Egyptian officials, The Wall Street Journal reported that the Israeli plans envision that the first two to three weeks of the operation will consist of evacuating civilians, in coordination with the US, Egypt and other Arab countries. The evacuation will reportedly involve moving civilians to the nearby city of Khan Younis, among other areas in Gaza, where Israel will set up shelters with tents, food and medical facilities. After that, the officials said the IDF will gradually move troops into Rafah and target areas where it believes Hamas leaders and operatives are hiding.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Go on.
a reply to: KrustyKrab

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I really don't have a dog in this fight, never learned to hate the jews, or the Muslims for that matter. (if that is even the breakdown of this conflict), but as I look at it from a human perspective, I just understand the rage and anger towards HAMAS. You can't do what they did, and not get the sh!t end of the stick. I think it was called "# around and find out" or something like that. Well, they did, and now they are finding out.

They're terrorists.

People were rather gleeful about terrorists being fed ears recently, personally I find that distasteful but I've also stated that the world could re-evaluate how it treats people who have forgone humanity, essentially they could be made "outlaws" so that they're no longer considered human. It somewhat fell on deaf ears although I do see huge problems with my own reasoning too. I'm unsure I could trust present politicians to actually increase universal rights whilst seriously discouraging acts such as terrorism so it's probably best that conversation wasn't had anyway. I was accused of supporting ISIS since I mentioned the likes of Shamima Begum cannot by right be made stateless, we couldn't exactly execute her either...

I'd like to believe I understand why rights came to be and why they're vital to keeping humanity in an ever increasingly dangerous world.

but the sad, silly, pathetic part of this is all the lies and hyperbole spread by ALL sides. There is no way to know the truth in any of it. No way, but to dig into the accepted truths boths sides agree on. Israel said HAMAS atacked them, raped and killed 1200 or so, and kidnapped 150 or so. Both sides agree this took place. Some useful idiots deny the bad parts of one side, but those who have functioning synapse, grasp this.

I'm sure most of us here knew/know someone who's been murdered, raped or seriously maimed. You'll not find me being gleeful about such acts against any human anywhere because I've seen the mess left behind, I know why coppers and soldiers end up messed up in the head and frankly if I was an Israeli soldier I'm unsure how I'd be able to keep a level head in the heat of battle even if I'm 30 miles behind the line hurling artillery shells at designated targets. It's fairly obvious if I was caught in such scenarios I'd be up a feaces river without a paddle. I can comprehend and understand... Human nature isn't hard to work out. I've always assumed it's best to "do the math" before you need to crunch the numbers in real time and even then I can't deny the fundamental things that make me and you human, things like emotions...

And if we need to list all the thing Israel has done in the past to garner this negative attention, then don't we also have to factor in the bad things done to the Jewish People in the past? Or is the "eye for an eye" thing just good for the eye doctor?

We should. Education is free to an extent in the Western world. It's easy to hate. The fact is emotionally immature adults raising kids and passing on their issues is a common theme throughout history. Kids raising bigger kids as I'd call it, as a species we've even elevated such actions as the height of culture. There's always someone round the corner to take advantage of the misery and yes, sometimes it's the eye doctor.

Again, thanks for your perspective, it helps to understand WHY you respond as you do. And that's important.

I'm honest with my opinions, I stated from the beginning I'm here to learn. I'm an idiot but that doesn't mean I have to lack empathy or maturity.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just trying to live by the wisdom of those before, a lot like your signature. If change is the law of life I feel compelled to question static thinking and reasoning.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Spot on.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Because it's the word useful idiot Jew-haters like to use in order to try to gain sympathy for their anti-Israel cause

The term "genocide" being tossed around by useful idiots just like the term "holocaust" being tossed around by the other useful idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join