It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Job Applications Dumped On 'Occupy' Protesters By Chicago Board Of Trade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Bad idea considering the hygiene at OWS no way in hell would i want to eat a #3 from MCD knowing they don't shower.

Yes that was evil!
edit on 6-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The OWS movement has bad hygiene? Don't you remember the picture that shows how hypocritical the OWS movement is by having product made by corporations, like the guy that shaved using Gillette razors?

If there was a picutre of an OWSer taking a shower, someone would circle their soap and say, "Zest Soap-Proctor and Gamble"

You're being silly.

EDIT:Pic I'm talking about
edit on 6-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

If you own more than me, you should share it with me - because you don't really need it.

thats not what i meant, i am saying, if you have the luck to own more than you need, and i have the misfortune to have so few that i suffer, it would be your duty to share.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's no humor in this situation. What they are saying is know your place you fools!

Let's look closer at this situation, inside the building are the greedy money crazy 1%. Outside the building are the downtrodden pillaged 99%. The hungry masses exercise their God given right to protest (peacefully) about the state of the country they love and that they wholeheartedly believe in. The Police (the brain dead portion of the 99%) protect the criminals ( the 1%) and illegally attack their fellow 99% with tear gas and rubber bullets. This the sate of affairs, until the Police wake up and start acting like intelligent human being's we are all Fkd. They better waken quickly, very quickly or it will all be too late.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I bet all who reply here turning their nose up at OWS and making snide comments, I bet they just love putting their money into retarded corporate conglomorates like Wal Mart (yes they probably still shop there, and laugh at the almost anorexic looking little children slaving to build their stinking "toys" like xboxes and playstation) I bet they keep their money up BOA's A$$ And would gladly kiss it to get their money out of said A$$, talk about the blind dooffus's, lol, go ahead keep supporting these anal retentive elite and see where it gets you, probably next to me in this crappy trailer park!
Or maybe worse...slave on love your massa, jeebs!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I wonder if any one filled out one?

Why would they?
They want Govt to fix their problems.

That is ok. While they protest and participate with all the things being reported at the camps, people will have an opportunity to go work, earn their pay and provide for themselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
so the message is, the occupy movement is too lazy to work ?

No, but definitely feel that they are above those positions.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Maybe because THEY ARE!!!
At least a good portion of them are.
There is nothing to say about the intelligence of people who almost caused the economy to collapse, 'nuff said, yet they own and run everything it's laughable

Silly inbreds!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

thats not what i meant, i am saying, if you have the luck to own more than you need, and i have the misfortune to have so few that i suffer, it would be your duty to share.

Misfortune?

You dare to use the term "misfortune" to describe the OWS crowd?

Let me tell you about misfortune, son. My mother contracted breast cancer with three children in school and fought it for about five years before finally dying not six months after her mother died from the same type of cancer (an inflammatory cancer - rare, few treatments exist as most people die before they can receive treatment due to misdiagnosis as a rash). She was on oxygen when she came to see me graduate from boot camp; when I saw her for Christmas of that year, and she died the day I graduated from my primary training ("A"-school) - which was four days before my birthday (never have any trouble remembering the day I graduated from A-school).

My father passed away, suddenly, a couple years later when I was accompanying my (then) girlfriend to her prom, and got a phone call from my youngest brother the next morning telling me that Dad was dead.

I can keep singing the "woe is me."

I watched my family drown in depression following the death of my mother and grandmother as those two anchored most of the extended members together. I watched my father argue with the business owner (who hired him because my father knew what he was doing when it came to that area of manufacturing) and get ignored, to the detriment of the business.

And I watched my family get tore apart following the death of my father. I sat under judgmental eyes of family members while trying to handle his affairs (which I was in no condition to do, mentally/emotionally - I was also dealing with relationship issues) - which I was expected to do, but not really given any guidance. My own life was falling apart as the girl I was head-over-heals for suddenly seemed to not want anything to do with me.

That's misfortune.

The fact that I am in a trailer - that is my choice. The fact that I work food service - again, a choice.

The fact I rogered up for a year long deployment through the reserves? Again - another choice. The fact I have switched to a more active unit with more opportunities? Again - another choice.

Sure - I'm qualified to work on avionics and doing component-level diagnostics and trouble-shooting. There are a lot of other things I can do - some of which are in a lot of demand in the market, some of which are not in so much demand.

Misfortune, however, has little to do with my income. That is largely driven by my own initiatives, or lack thereof.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I woulda filled out out...ANY job is better then NO JOB

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Occupy is great entertainment for the rich.
www.courant.com...

capitalism and democracy make this country great, but they don't seem to get that

It's hilarious to them that you protest their system, yet you still participate in it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Stop feeling sorry for yourself mate! The fact is as long as we are lacking in consciousness (asleep) we are bound to the forces of nature. This means that past Karmic deeds come into action and assume almost full control of your life. There is no such thing as luck, bad luck, it is all nature taking control. So if anyone who lacks consciousness (is asleep) imagines that they are controlling and guiding their life then they are completely deluding themselves. Rich greedy people ( who are in the whole totally lacking in consciousness) look down on the less well off thinking to themselves, they are a disgrace, they are scum! Believing that they themselves are the creators of their own fortunes they lack empathy for any human being they deem " A FAILURE". They fail to realize of course that nature has guided them to their lofty position in life and could, at any moment, bring them crashing back to reality. The only way to avoid the predetermination of nature is to become fully aware, fully conscious, enlightened. That way every moment becomes alive with the full possibility of right action, ignorance is dispelled.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
did they get ticketed for littering? here its an up to $1000 file for each piece of litter... I am sure not...

Dont worry these guys will soon need those mcdonalds applications when wallstreet comes tumbling down and they can't afford to keep their own houses and nice cars without all the stolen money its hard to make payments

Keep fanning the flames you are only stoking the fire and people can see what you really think about them, soon enough you will have the everyday sheep take notice of your misdeeds then you will have a real fire on your hands...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is one thing that gets me confused...I hear a lot of people complaining about the student loans they have incurred and that they now can not find a job that will pay them enough to live a decent life. What I've been wondering is why so many people would take out expensive school loans if their primary aim was to find a lucrative job? Why didn't they go to a trade school of some sort? Isn't higher education supposed to be about personal enrichment as opposed to job training? I am just wondering what most of these people majored in? A four year institution is not only expensive but a huge waste of time if one is only seeking to find a good job.

I have a masters in fine art (loans are paid off) and I've never held a 'job' that utilized that degree...I went because it is my passion, I never considered how much money I'd make at the end of school. I just don't get the focus on money....I don't make very much myself but I would never in a million years consider myself poor. I provide for my little girl and myself on a server's salary plus tips. I've never been happier. I know that if I can support myself and my nine year old on a server's wages then a single person should have no problem. We might not be rich but we live a fabulous life. We don't need a huge salary to thrive.

I know that it is hard to find work but...I guess I'm just still struggling to understand why people are unwilling to take any kind of work-even if it is McD's. I mean if you are hungry and and desire to begin to make your life better wouldn't it be prudent to take the work? I suppose though if one is looking to buy a new car, keep the iPhone and live in a fancy apartment then McD's wouldn't do.

Are the OWS'ers really so much better than the rest of us? Are they really too good to work in a service industry job? I mean no one forced them to rack up thousands of dollars of debt for what amounts to as four year vocational training. Haven't people always taken minimum wage jobs through college to support themselves? I realize that things cost more now but everyone I went to school with (myself included) lived off top ramen and happy hours. It took my friends at least a few years before they found a job that paid anywhere near 30,000 a year (we, most of us graduated 98-00). Even then finding a job wasn't easy.

My best friend really wanted to write for Vogue Magazine-she moved to NY, found a basement which she shared with 15 other people, showed up at the magazine's office, resume in hand and was told take a hike. She went back to that office every day. Walking blocks in heat and humidity, through snow in the winter. It took her two years of showing up and being told go away but she eventually got her job. In the mean time she wrote about BMX bicycles-pay sucked and she hated her job but it paid the bills and it got her out of the basement she shared and into a two room walk-up that she only had to share with 3 other people. Even though she was incredibly talented, held a masters in English Lit and darned determined it still took her a looong time before she was living her dream. I mean even after she landed the job at Vogue she still had to work her way up (she actually got paid much less writing for Vogue in the beginning than writing about BMX's)-and it was grueling, many tears she shed over the literal cruelty, the deadlines, the hatred she endured. Yet, endure she did. It takes much more than a piece of paper to succeed. I just think most people aren't cut out for that kind of hard work. I imagine people probably look at her and say, "oh, she's got it easy. She has no idea how hard it is," because they have no idea what she had to go through to get where she is now. They only see what she has now-the big beautiful home, the fancy car-the seemingly easy peasy life. They just wouldn't understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe some of them will start by getting a job and stop whining that illegal immigrants are taking them all...

This is a great way to get people off their asses... but of course, they will whine and complain that they don't want to work at Mc Donald's and that they are too good for that... That they are insulted that someone offered them a job... at Mc DONALD'S...

idiots...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
they don't want to work at Mc Donald's and that they are too good for that... That they are insulted that someone offered them a job... at Mc DONALD'S... idiots...
How is McDonald's an essential job ? It's not manufacturing or maintaining transportation, communication, housing, etc. Why should these stupid useless jobs exist? How will we make them go away if we don't boycott them? I see McDonald's playing no part in aquaponics, vertical hydroponics, or high rise LED farming. It's about sustaining cattle ranching. It's about serving fat and poison. It's about serving. How lazy is it to go to McDonald's to take advantage of a polyester slave, just because you don't want to make a bean burrito?
edit on 6-11-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

they don't want to work at Mc Donald's and that they are too good for that... That they are insulted that someone offered them a job... at Mc DONALD'S... idiots...
How is McDonald's and essential job ? It's not manufacturing or maintaining transportation, communication, housing, etc. Why should these stupid useless jobs exist ? How will we make them go away if we don't boycott them? I see McDonald's playing no part of aquaponics, vertical hydroponics, or high rise LED farming. It's about sustaining cattle ranching. It's about serving fat and poison. It's about serving. How lazy is it to go to McDonald's to take advantage of a polyester slave, just because you don't want to make a bean burrito?

a job is a job and these people want jobs...

want money? start at the bottom of the chain and move your way up like everyone else has done...

too logical for people today, seems their sense of knowing common sense is skewed...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The truth is that employees at McDonald's provide more to society than these pukes trading their derivatives. If they really want to help theCBT employees should fill out the applications.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

want money?
No, I'd like to see the concept of money disappear. I want necessities, freedom, and loads of free time. It's possible to have all this.

start at the bottom of the chain and move your way up like everyone else has done...
"Suffer," said the senior to the freshman.

too logical for people today, seems their sense of knowing common sense is skewed...
Both logic and common sense say the current system is set up for hostility and inequality.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

How is McDonald's and essential job ? It's not manufacturing or maintaining transportation, communication, housing, etc. Why should these stupid useless jobs exist ? How will we make them go away if we don't boycott them? I see McDonald's playing no part of aquaponics, vertical hydroponics, or high rise LED farming. It's about sustaining cattle ranching. It's about serving fat and poison. It's about serving. How lazy is it to go to McDonald's to take advantage of a polyester slave, just because you don't want to make a bean burrito?

a job is a job and these people want jobs...

want money? start at the bottom of the chain and move your way up like everyone else has done...

Most of these people have been there, done that, and expect to not be out on the streets, because they have worked hard and then their jobs got sent overseas and they lost everything and you want them to start at the bottom again? It is not about young'uns and student loans alone...there are a lot who are out there that were once middle class, and lost everything. There are a lot of supporters who busted their A$$ working from the bottom up to get ahead and been knocked down, and you want those people to start all over? Some of them are in their middle ages, I am close to that myself. Some of those never had a student loan I am one, though now I do have a student loan, but it is manageable thanks to new technology and the lowsered cost of online schooling, which wasn't available when I came out of high school.
It's also not about handouts or entitlements...if you want to know the majority of the people who feel entitled, it ain't the protester on the street, it's the scum in their ivory towers that rose to the top, they feel they are entitled to the world. If not, why did they recieve all those bailouts? We paid for their disgusting deplorable lifestyle, and probably for their pedophilic sick fantasies, as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It's called denial. People that deny it, probably do it to save state of mind. If they were to accept that a lot of us are not young people that are too lazy to work, but older experienced people that owned our own business that failed, due to banker's and wall street greed... That a lot of us DID work from the bottom up, only to have greedy companies outsource our jobs, etc etc.

Then they would have to accept that the same thing can happen to them. Yeah lots of us had that same mentality, until it all tumbled down around us, no matter what we did to stop it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join