It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Job Applications Dumped On 'Occupy' Protesters By Chicago Board Of Trade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
so the message is, the occupy movement is too lazy to work ?

Well,there are those who believe in "Entitlement" at OWS.............

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
This is exactly what they are protesting. McJobs are the only jobs left for the majority of the people.

I know what you are trying to say is that there are too many low-paying service jobs, and not enough high-paying manufacturing, or white collars, jobs available.

But, for kids working their way through College, or recent graduates, there is nothing wrong with taking on this kind of employment.

1) Some income to begin.
2) Work experience
3) For go-getters, there are chances for rapid progression, and experience in supervisory roles, in Companies like this.

People really need to get over this idea that when they complete College or University they are "entitled" to some of kind of cushy, high-paying position. For the most part, people still need to earn their money the old fashioned way...they have to earn it!

Oh, and by the way, McDonalds offers a lot of older people an opportunity to earn a little extra cash...to supplement their fixed incomes.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is a joke people!!

Don't take it too serious, OWS protesters
should be able to take a joke.

Hey, it might even of helped a few people
that need a job, flipping burgers or whatever
a jobs a job.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
what ever the reason and feelings on this, those who need a job should fill those out.
many people are too lazy to work, i'm not saying they all are but many are there because they have nothing ese to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

not just rude...but so insensitive...and done by oblivious androids....who don't know what it is like to have played by the rules for 60 years, and, when you reach your "golden years" you find they are really "rust years"....karma is coming fast to these folks....and times, they are a changin.....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
It is a joke people!!

Don't take it too serious, OWS protesters
should be able to take a joke.

Hey, it might even of helped a few people
that need a job, flipping burgers or whatever
a jobs a job.

It's a joke yes...but a bad one. The irony is there, but it's in poor taste, and undermining what these people are trying to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

I don't believe this is the first time they have thrown things out the windows on OWS protesters. Chicago seems to have the top of the food chain for insulting idiots. Their day is coming soon when they will be out in the streets protesting because they are out of work losing their homes and wondering what they are going to eat. What goes around comes around and these are some of the criminal paid croonies who have financially destroyed this country. I know I know you were just doing your job.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well very much like McD's food, this little stunt by the bankers was rather tasteless.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

a jobs a job.

mercenary is a job, too.

link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

They'll be more complicit to their future that has been laid out when you let them inject themselves with mind numbing drugs.

link   
reply to post by bekisu

Wow...how rude.

Generally speaking, the average person has little respect for the OWS crowd.

So everyone's supposed to go work at McDonalds flipping burgers, this will solve ALL of our problems, yeah right.

No. But it is a start.

What can you do? Do you know how to weld? Are you intuitive with computers and computer systems? What trades or other knowledge/skills do you have to put to work for your own betterment (be it employment elsewhere or self-employed?)

It is no one's responsibility, but your own, to find you a job that matches your skills/trades and career satisfaction (as well as living expenses). That's yours.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu

On top of cold weather and logistical pains, "Occupy" protesters in Chicago last week dealt with an embarrassing stunt. Dozens of photocopied McDonald's job applications were reportedly thrown from the Chicago Board of Trade building and onto Occupy Chicago protestors earlier this week, according to Chicagoist (h/t Mediaite).

source

Wow...how rude. So everyone's supposed to go work at McDonalds flipping burgers, this will solve ALL of our problems, yeah right.
edit on 6-11-2011 by bekisu because: (no reason given)

I dont understand, are you saying that food service employment is beneath you?

I have news, there is no shame in honest work. I would not hesitate to take a job in the service industry to provide for my own if it were all the work I was qualified to perform.

Regarding the fast food applications, that has been a staple for weeding out the slackers and undesirables in my profession for a long time.

Dropping a McD's application in the offenders extra value meal is short, blunt and unmistakably to the point.

You find the gesture rude do you? Good, I am sure that was the intended reaction.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Thats a nice "idea" but working at mccdonalds or some other fast food joint would not be enough for a college grad to live off of plus pay their student loans. I mean think about it, the poor people who work at these places and have no college education even have trouble scraping by off that amount of income. I mean I have a couple of friends who were lucky enough to find a job in their field straight out of college and they still live with their parents. Why? Because they cant really afford to pay off their debt plus rent an apartment and live comfortably. You could argue they may need to sacrifice lifestyle but they would still be struggling to get by. These are people making around 26,000 a year. The yearly income for the average mccdonalds worker is not even breaking 15,000 a year. Come on now.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

An "Occupy Wall Street" protester threw a violent fit in a McDonald’s after employees refused to give him free food.

Fisika Bezabeh, 27, ripped a credit-card reader from a counter and threw it at workers at about 2:30am local time Friday at the downtown Manhattan restaurant, which has become a bathroom spot for protesters.

'Occupy Wall Street' Protester Throws Violent Fit in McDonald's When Denied Free Food

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Man demands free food with shotgun

Your point? Crazies are crazies. They come in all shapes and sizes, across all belief systems, etc etc etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
to live in a good society, you have to have equal opportunities. the effort and work you give, must be equal to the reward you get. maybe this is not the case and people start to protest.

edit on 6-11-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Man demands free food with shotgun

Your point? Crazies are crazies. They come in all shapes and sizes, across all belief systems, etc etc etc.

If it was a Tea Party member that did it you would be singing a different tune.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doryinaz

not just rude...but so insensitive...and done by oblivious androids....who don't know what it is like to have played by the rules for 60 years, and, when you reach your "golden years" you find they are really "rust years"....karma is coming fast to these folks....and times, they are a changin.....

Anyone who seriously put their faith in social security for their retirement is getting just rewards. They created and turned a blind eye to a system designed to inevitably fail while relying upon it for future planning. To turn to their children and grandchildren with expectations of being awarded a lavish twilight is a rather short-sighted and, honestly, deplorable mindset. I would -never- look to my children and grandchildren in the face of such an economic calamity and expect them to shoulder more burden for my decrepit ass. I didn't raise them to coddle me into the grave.

For those who relied upon union retirement programs and the like - again - getting just rewards for creating a system designed to fail and ignoring all of the warnings that indicated it was not sustainable - until it has become unsustainable.

Now, they want to shift blame onto the "1%." Yes - union leaders and politicians lied to people; but the lie was bold-faced and easily seen for what it was.

i]reply to post by icepack

mercenary is a job, too.

It is. And from the looks of things, business is going to be very, very good in the world of contracting classified as private defense.

When you do the math - a 5.56 round is about 50 cents to as low as 30 cents (depending upon brands, bulk, etc). A decent AR-15 or 'appropriated' M-16/M-4 is between 500-1500 dollars - again, depending upon brands and what bells and whistles you decide to get with it.

Properly set up, I could be running a very nice profit margin on single-target elimination contracts as low as $100 per target, presuming they all reside within the same zone.

"Aim, that's illegal."

The police will be pretty damned busy with your OWS nonsense. Besides - I thought you hated them for protecting the "1%" - anyway. Let's not be hypocritical, now.

"Okay, then, it's wrong."

Alive is alive and dead is dead. Moral relativism at its finest.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No I wouldn't, actually, because I know better than to pigeonhole an entire group of people based on the actions of some. I do not allow my perceptions to be swayed by media and or bad press. I use my brain and a little tool called critical thinking. You should try it sometime, you might just be surprised by what you discover about the world.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Go be a zombie, spending 40+ hours a week at a job that high schoolers can get easily, because they have no skill set and havent been through College like most of you (protestors) have, giving years and money and amassing debt, in hopes of possibly landing a lucrative career that you care about, through which you can buy your own house and raise your own family in (the American Dream), INSTEAD of utilizing your right to free speech and standing up for what you believe in.

And we're going to fragrantly litter while we make fun of your situation. Because its COMICAL to us. It's comedy gold that you feel entitled to something better when all you do is complain that we're treated better and we dictate your lives. Deal with it! YOU SERVE US! YOU WILL ALWAYS SERVE US! NOW PICK UP ALL THAT TRASH WE DUMPED ON YOU AND MAKE ME A GOD D@#^* CHEESEBURGER!

No pickles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join