It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Job Applications Dumped On 'Occupy' Protesters By Chicago Board Of Trade

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I wonder if any one filled out one?

Did you? Have you ever worked at a fast food resturant? Do you want your kids and your kids kids to work at Mc Donalds, cause theyll be lucky to get that in 10 years.

Your Ignorance is appauling.

DENY IGNORANCE??? LOL

I think you missed the point of this site, the point of the protests, and the point of life in general.

The ELE's cant come quick enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Like to know what planet you live on...................rent anywhere even in bad areas around me are 700.00 per month and that's for a studio, bare basic one room and bathroom.

Why does a young man/woman need his/her own studio?

Please pay attention. I have room mates. Rent and utilities, divided amongst the three of us, is $200/month.

You can get plenty functional and capable vehicles for under $8,000 - which is more than affordable on top of rent. Food is also another issue that can be easily addressed.

Sure - we live rather basic... but we're all under 25 still building our careers. We don't need our own independent kitchens and sitting rooms.

If everyone did just one random act of kindness per day our world would be a lot nicer place to live.

Sure - but that isn't going to build a house for someone or construct things like the internet.

You need to do some serious research on how unjust pay scales are in America.

You need to understand the economy and how it works.

Minimum wage jobs are, typically, service type jobs that can be performed by trained monkeys (also known as high school students - little more intelligent than monkeys when you factor in public education standards). They are jobs that are capable of being performed by virtually 100% of the available work force.

Higher paying jobs require more out of an employee. When I worked in manufacturing, I was able to learn fast and accomplish the task given without goofing around and wasting time. I wasn't always the fastest, strongest, etc - but I learned and kept busy. This is something that a lot of people are not able to do. The grinding room was our purgatory - where goof-offs were sent until they screwed up and got fired or until they got burned out and quit.

The welders had a trade; something that not everyone knew how to do or was proficient at doing. So did the machinists.

Managers had experience in the industry and (often) a record of successes in organizing and improving the efficiency of the operation and handling people. Technicians often had more knowledge of the machinery than the operators - the list goes on.

At the end of the day - it's all about how valuable you are to society. If anyone can do what you are doing - then you are not really all that valuable if there are tons of people available to do the same job. If few people can, then the job is more valuable.

You can argue all day over whether or not a company has fair pay scales. It's that company's prerogative. If you feel your skills are more valuable than what you are getting paid for; by all means, seek employment elsewhere or others to start a business that utilizes your talents more effectively and fairly (you'll have to get the government out of the way, first, though).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To my understanding, these protests aren't just about "jobs". Corruption is another thing being protested, with Chicago being one of the most corrupt cities in the US. Doesn't look too good.

Someone needs to start a new movement and call it "Protesting Corruption". Then the next time some moron pulls a stunt like that, he'll be putting a great big target sign on himself. Got something to hide? Hmmmm?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Wage Lawsuits
One of several thousands being filed now by small businesses who hired non-american workers.

Sometimes it pays when you know what you are talking about. All businesses look to their bottom line and if they can all get together and bottom line the heck out of you then what are you going to do?
The problem with people who voice these kinds of opinions is that they themselves do not look outside their situation to see the truth, but make the truth up as it fits their situation. You situation will change when it comes time for you to retire. Once you do, they will fire you rather than give you your benefits because they must look out for their bottom line. Then what?
Sometimes it pays to think ahead of people who only have their best interests and business so your vested interests are aligned. Once you allow them off the hook, which is what you are discussing by this "you go get yours" mentality - which btw still relies on someone else supplying a job, they will never let you do anything to get it back. Then if you think that OSHA rules will appy at jobs - think again.
Keep thinking that these people have your best interests at heart because they have a job to offer.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Wage Lawsuits
One of several thousands being filed now by small businesses who hired non-american workers.

You mean filed against small businesses... or filed by small businesses against larger businesses?

Sometimes it pays when you know what you are talking about.

I'm talking about an American worker making minimum wage. I have yet to figure out what it is you are.

All businesses look to their bottom line and if they can all get together and bottom line the heck out of you then what are you going to do?

In a free market, market cartels can exist, but will be rapidly out-flanked by businesses outside of the cartel.

We don't have a free market due to government intervention and regulation - which allows larger businesses to take advantage of the legal precedents set for business regulation to regulate new competition out of existence.

You situation will change when it comes time for you to retire. Once you do, they will fire you rather than give you your benefits because they must look out for their bottom line. Then what?

It's called a contract violation. They would be taken to court. However, I also invest in my own retirement strategies. I have the TSP through my Navy service (which I aim to eventually retire from - the pensions of which would be a bonus to any TSP holdings), and I don't really plan to retire. I will always be trying to take my dreams and make them into a real machine/product.

Sometimes it pays to think ahead of people who only have their best interests and business so your vested interests are aligned.

It's a rare day when I have not thought ahead of any human being I come into contact with.

Once you allow them off the hook, which is what you are discussing by this "you go get yours" mentality - which btw still relies on someone else supplying a job, they will never let you do anything to get it back.

No, it doesn't. Like I said - invest in a trade skill and the equipment to perform that trade, freely. I help people with computer problems and accept compensation for it. It's not a primary endeavor of mine, and I don't make enough to have to haggle with the IRS (another institution that needs to go) - but there are plenty of people out there willing to give me $20 to come get their internet to work again or to show them how to offload pictures from their camera onto their computer.

Just like there are plenty of people who will pay to have you come out and weld on something they own (because they don't own the equipment, have the time, or have the skill to).

You can also get together with others and pool resources/skills to create a more complex business of manufacturing.

You can do that while being an employee, elsewhere. Many people have in the past and are right now.

Keep thinking that these people have your best interests at heart because they have a job to offer.

That is not what I said, at all.

In fact, I believe I implied quite the opposite. The only one who can determine what is in your own best interest is you - and you are the only one that can be held responsible for it.

By all means - if you don't think a job is a fair wage for you, then don't take it. If you think you are being treated as a slave - then don't work for that person.

But don't form a mob and go around trying to force people into paying you what you think is fair. It's a little hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You have no idea how annoying they are. They beat these drums all day and sit there and smoke put. They need a job. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Were they thrown out of a window onto the protesters? The whole stunt seems ignorant.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's a AWESOME Idea.
A few people at my college was thinking of doing something like this....

ROFL I doubt they could get a job at McDonalds these people stink so bad.

I already know at my workplace I wont be hiring any of these protesters.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
You have no idea how annoying they are. They beat these drums all day and sit there and smoke put. They need a job. Seriously.

TRUTH...Probably the most annoying people I have seen in a while.
"I want Free Stuff rawr."

In Baltimore they were actually leeching off free electricity. (We have outlets in light poles and around the park these thugs are camping in.) They had flat screens TV's, Microwaves , Portable heaters. They got enough complaints from residents, and businesses that the city cut off electricity to that park.

Our Electricity isn't free why should there's be?

So now they are camping out in 30 degree weather beating there drums, shouting, but slowly the tents are going away and people are going back to their mothers basements.
Sad Bastards can't handle a little bit of cold.
edit on 7-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

You're just beginning life............I'm nearing the end.

At your age I thought I knew it all too.

Everything was black and white.

FYI: A studio running $700 a month is a one room is a one room, bedroom / kitchen / livingroom combined (about the size of my living room) with one small bath.

A hybrid car, for two people that initially cost $29,000 will hopefully last us like the last car until we die or approximately 13 years and we have had the car a little over a month and just now had to refill it (was half empty)......gets 45 miles to the gallon and I believe gas prices will go up as my husband works in transportation and has to keep an eye on oil daily. He says gas will absolutely be going up.

Tell you what revisit your posts in say another 30 years - and see how you feel.

Again, at your age, I thought I had it all figured out....................You have much to learn.

And, college is not really learning, life and reading reading reading everything you can get your hands on, researching is learning.

But mainly life experiences.........................you've just begun.

As far as working...........many grown married people with kids now will take a McDonalds or minimum wage job and minimum wage is slave labor when the CEO (Who doesn't do the real work) often makes tens of millions of dollars).

Now as far as cars..............no, where I live at a $8,000 car often is old and will start running you $500 a month in repair bills...............a new hybrid will save you in the long run gas wise and with no repair bills.

When we were starting out, we lived in a commune (I had my own bedroom) and shared expenses.

But, times have changed, like my job where I made 43,000 (52,000 with OT) was outsourced to India at the age of 58.

16 years of "exceeds expectations reviews", over a year it took "Team India" to learn my job function because it was so complicated...................my accuracy rate was one of the highest, 98%. I was darn good at my job, loyal and ate, slept and breathe for my work, then poof - no job.

You have yet to experience being betrayed, screwed, messed over all in the name of profit.

As I work at a homeless shelter we are finding many many MANY people coming in now, homeless and with no food that want to work, but there are no jobs or jobs that pay barely enough for gas to get there.

Start researching salary wealth and income distributions in the United States: sociology.ucsc.edu...

Some books you may want to look into are:

* The Best Democracy money Can Buy by Greg Palast
* Corporatism by Jeffrey Grupp
* Hostile Take Over by David Sirota
* Outsourcing America by Ron Hira & Anil Hira
* Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski
* Flat Broke in the Free Market: How Globalization Fleeced Working People by Jon Jeter
* Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class by Paul Pierson and Jacob Hacker

Yes I've read all these books and more..................college is simply parroting learning - real learning comes after you've gotten your diploma.

Safe journey to us all.
edit on 7-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I wonder if any one filled out one?

Nah they think working is "Un Natural" or "Slavery".

Everything needs to be free.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Are you kidding me? Pathetic protesters. Most of em dont even know what they are protesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
reply to post by StarPeace

Are you kidding me? Pathetic protesters. Most of em dont even know what they are protesting.

I came to that conclusion. I made the following topic
Regular people are going out and interviewing these people...Some of the responses are hilarious, a good amount have no idea what they are protesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My favorite response from a few of these thugs in these videos are:
"Are You A Cop?"
"I shouldn't be talking to you"

Now when someone ask someone else if they are a cop, chances are they are doing some they shouldn't be doing.
edit on 7-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
articles.baltimoresun.com...

Here is the story about baltimore cutting off power to the protesters.

Electricity was shut off Wednesday evening to outlets in McKeldin Square that protesters have used for the past month to power computers, televisions and kitchen appliances.

Safety concerns were the primary reason that power was cut off, said Ian Brennan, a spokesman for Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who has said she will address violations on the plaza while the protest continues on a case-by-case basis.

"The locations still remain lit for general foot traffic, but there's no power for your PlayStation."

LOL...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

More of the OWS Smear Campaign

This is sad truly sad in that this is merely an example of why these people are partaking in the OWS protesting in the first place because there are many more Have Nots these days in the United States of America.

This is also more indication of the ongoing Smear campaign against the OWS movement to shut up and remain silent.Similar to the Bongs and Rolling papers to further disassociate the American public from the OWS movement.

Go home and turn on your TV and remain complacent ! Everything is A OK !

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They should have at least mixed in a few other choices, it was obviously a joke that they should have known would backfire on them. If they created packets filled with several applications to companies that are currently hiring then it could have been viewed legitimately, but that would have required actual research and work(stapling) and not just photocopying.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

At your age I thought I knew it all too.

This does not validate your position.

Adults have been my peers since childhood, and I have since found I have outgrown my peer group.

FYI: A studio running $700 a month is a one room (bedroom / kitchen / livingroom combined (about the size of my living room) with one small bath.

In your area. Minimum wage for your area is also different.

Here, even in the city, you can find decent living if you are willing to have room mates. A single room apartment is a waste, unless you are raking in some decent cash and want the privacy.

A hybrid car (for two people that initially cost $29,000 will hopefully last us like the last car until we die or approximately 13 years and we have had the car a little over a month and just now had to refill it (was half empty)......gets 45 miles to the gallon and I believe gas prices will go up as my husband works in transportation and has to keep an eye on oil daily. He says gas will absolutely be going up.

A normal car can cost as low as a few hundred, depending upon who you are getting it from and in what condition. A decent vehicle can be had for around $8,000 - meaning the wheels aren't going to fall off and you aren't going to have to spend the first few months chasing down various problems it has.

Not sure why you are fixated on a hybrid. They are not practical vehicles for the average person - their expense will never be justified by the savings in fuel to be had.

Tell you what revisit your posts in say another 30 years - and see how you feel.

I will feel little different.

There is a fundamental difference between your thinking and mine. You like to play the victim and evoke the community. I like to be an individual. I have always been something of a loner, and always will be. I will never understand the fixation with another person's pay or belongings.

Chances are, however, the world I live in will be quite different from the world you leave behind. Your failed government policies and unsustainable social programs will see to that. I, however, will ensure that my children rise from the ashes of your generation's incompetence.

Again, at your age, I thought I had it all figured out....................You have much to learn.

Here's the thing... I don't have "it" figured out.

However, what I do understand - better than 99.9% of the population - are systems. Cause/effect and mechanics are my specialty.

I can pretty well tell you what is going to work, and what isn't going to work.

And, yes, I do have much more to learn. The thing is, however, I've already surpassed most human beings in terms of knowledge and the ability to recall and relate it to lines of thought.

There are those more disciplined in their fields of study, and those more creative with their knowledge... but few, if any, who can match my raw capacity for memory, recall, and relation.

And, college is not really learning, life and reading reading reading everything you can get your hands on, researching is learning.

Can't stand college, to be honest. I have very little patience for repetition (kills me in math), and even less for instructors who don't really understand the material.

Rest assured - I learn.

But I believe this has gone way off topic, and will probably end up being obscured under a banner of "off topic" ... I can't really think of a way to roll this back around into the OP. Not effectively, at least.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinair1

235 years ago you would have been rooting for the English.

Things need to change.............wealth distribution is out of whack and our banking system is corrupt to the core.

There is much to protest and either you are very unknowledgeable, heartless or brain washed by the corporate media.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

When I worked there, decades back most of the people the stock traders and runners were very nasty snakes in suits..........nasty group of pompous and callous people that would sell their mother for a buck.

Just my own observation.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Things need to change.............wealth distribution is out of whack

Fixation on another person.

Can you make enough to live comfortably and are there options for you to improve your standing in life?

and our banking system is corrupt to the core.

Yes. The Federal Reserve and FDIC have removed all liability from banks (which, really, aren't banks - they are more like authorized agents for the Federal Reserve). Couple that with GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that purchase large amounts of stock and re-sell it as stock that is backed as though it were a government-issue bond... and you get the mess we have today.

Government out of control.

There is much to protest and either you are very unknowledgeable, heartless or brain washed by the corporate media.

Speaking of much to learn....

He just has a different opinion than you. You don't have to marginalize him - make him something "inhuman" to deal with.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join