It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by mister.old.school

Its not fake. A quick google search turns up this:

www.neoplexonline.com...

Obama USA 3'x5' Flag
in heavy polyester material!

Lol.

Seriously. If they are gonna put obama's mug on the stars-n-bars, why not add some pink polka dots and some white 'piles' (representing coke -- obama's pause that refreshes).

[edit on 12-10-2009 by praxis]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Fer crying out loud...the whine is getting ear-splitting. Is there nothing constructive y'all could be doing? Cuz this is just petty.

Since 1777 we have had THE AMERICAN FLAG. Americans have respected it and what it stood for. The flag still stands for what it did in 1777. But certain sections of the American population are a bunch of whining crybabies who want the government to give them money because they are too damn lazy to work and earn some. These people will buy the UNAMERICAN flag with Obama on it because they think he will hand them endless stimulus packages to keep them in cigarettes, liquor, and crack coc aine.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How would you feel about replacing your prized maple leaf with the image of Conservative PM Harper?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I really couldn't care less what flag someone displays...It lets them show there true colors...I've always been disgusted when people burned the American Flag, though I believed in their freedom to do it. However, I wonder what response one would get if they were burning this "Obama" flag. And for the record, I'm not an Obama hater...I don't like his policies and I think he's bad for the world in general, but I don't think he had anything to do with this flag...

SM2

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I do not think he had anything to do with this flag. However, it is pretty disgusting that the flag has been defaced like this. For the record, I would be just as disgusted no matter whose face was placed on it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Multi-coloured pieces of fabric are not something i tend to care about.I would like to think soldiers fought for the people of a country and not a piece of fabric.People take their flags far too seriously imo....

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The New Obama American Flag?

It's an exercise in free speech. Nothing more, nothing less. We do not have to agree with what is says (or represents). We are only bound to respect the right to do so.

That's the old school approach to these things: I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

How would you feel about replacing your prized maple leaf with the image of Conservative PM Harper?

I sure wouldn't go on a website and make noise like it's yet another reason to despise him.

And frankly...I'd laff.

Edit to say...unless, of course, you're talking about the one on my arm...then I'd be out for blood...Tory blood at that!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Fer crying out loud...the whine is getting ear-splitting. Is there nothing constructive y'all could be doing? Cuz this is just petty.

But certain sections of the American population are a bunch of whining crybabies who want the government to give them money because they are too damn lazy to work and earn some. These people will buy the UNAMERICAN flag with Obama on it because they think he will hand them endless stimulus packages to keep them in cigarettes, liquor, and crack coc aine.

I'm guessing you did a lot of headscratching during that 'ol Poli-Sci course.

To associate this flag image with crack-coc aine use is just a lovely way of defining yourself...and in broad view, no less!

Happy trails....

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
It's not flying above the white house, the post office or any other federal building.

People here svream about civil liberties and personal rights and freedom, but this flying above a private residence is an outrage?

I guess I just don't "Get" the double standard.

If you don't want anyone getting into what you do at your house, why get steamed about what someone else does at theirs?

They have the personal freedom to fly it and we have the personal freedom to get mad about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I sure wouldn't go on a website and make noise like it's yet another reason to despise him.

And frankly...I'd laff.

Edit to say...unless, of course, you're talking about the one on my arm...then I'd be out for blood...Tory blood at that!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

Shall we comb through the ATS threads to look for similar threads? Not enough time in the day to do so. Especially when we go back through the Bush years.

You don't have to respond.

This flag is a first!! We never saw Clinton, Carter, Bush or Reagan images emblazoned in the place of the stars. Altering the image of the American Flag appears to be a liberal tactic. We will see how far this goes. Watch the crowds for these flags at the next Obama Healthcare town hall meetings.

I have a right to get fired up about this. Just like those who are fired up about Obama winning the Nobel and those that are fired up about the praise Obama songs being taught in our PUBLIC schools. Enough is enough!!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

it took a couple of minutes to find out this "flag" was taken from an un-named website, and the website that has the story is a right-wing site.

too bad your "source" isn't reliable, but it keeps the "fear factor" alive. so mission acccomplished.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by jibeho

it took a couple of minutes to find out this "flag" was taken from an un-named website, and the website that has the story is a right-wing site.

too bad your "source" isn't reliable, but it keeps the "fear factor" alive. so mission acccomplished.

Please read through the thread. You will find that the flag is being sold on Ebay via at least 3 different vendors. One of the original vendors, Dave's Flags, has removed the flag from its website.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
I really couldn't care less what flag someone displays...It lets them show there true colors...I've always been disgusted when people burned the American Flag, though I believed in their freedom to do it. However, I wonder what response one would get if they were burning this "Obama" flag. And for the record, I'm not an Obama hater...I don't like his policies and I think he's bad for the world in general, but I don't think he had anything to do with this flag...

has it occured to anybody that this flag might have been created by a right-winger, just to rouse up the base?

this literally could be called a "false flag operation"

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
Well, the altered flag is ilegal acording to U.S code:Title 4 chapter 3.

Just FYI:

Flag Code

This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with it and it is not widely enforced — indeed, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech.

I support Free Speech more than a silly code about disrespecting a piece of cloth. I'm sorry so many of you seem upset, but supporting free speech is just lip service and meaningless without supporting those with whom we disagree.

So, those of you who think this shouldn't be allowed are not supporting free speech. It's good to know.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This flag is a first!! We never saw Clinton, Carter, Bush or Reagan images emblazoned in the place of the stars. Altering the image of the American Flag appears to be a liberal tactic.

Well, a quick Google search brought up this one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57fc5c7db3ea.png[/atsimg]

and this one...not the same, I know, but funnier than the others.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dfdf77e8c08.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You can just conjure up every vile thing ever mentioned about the president, and post it to look like he is a part of it.

It's called propagandizing.

I haven't been on ATS very long, but you don't have to be a seasoned member to recognize an absurdity when you see one.
AD

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As someone who has served in the military, maybe my take (as well as others) on the flag is different to those that have never served.

To me, it will never be just a piece of cloth. It is a symbol that represents much more than that.

I actually feel sorry for those of you that just see it as a piece of cloth.

You have my deepest sympathies.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its a piece of cloth, so is the regular flag. Its all to get you riled up and confused. They get you when your young, you know "I pledge allegiance..."

Its just ideology, let it go and you'll be free.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstrainedNoMore
Its a piece of cloth, so is the regular flag. Its all to get you riled up and confused. They get you when your young, you know "I pledge allegiance..."

Its just ideology, let it go and you'll be free.

Nope. Again, it means much more to me.

Maybe that's one of the problems we're facing.

No sense of national pride. No more respect for what it is supposed to represent.

Pity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join