It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I am not worried about this flag replacing anything. However, I find its symbolism and the chosen image of Obama to be rather chilling given the power hungry nature of his administration. I also find the indifference shown to this image in this thread to be a little disturbing as well.

Really? So that's why you titled your thread "The New Obama American Flag"? Because you weren't worried about it replacing our existing flag?

Give it a rest, Jibeho.... You're as transparent as glass with your fearmongering.

All you've done with this post is stir the pot and that makes you a simple-minded mudslinging instigator of conflict and of very little value to anything on this board (or anywhere else...)

Perhaps "Newsmax" would be a better home for you....

[edit on 12-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yes, that would be satisfactory. I would also like to see them dragged in front of the nation via our media so we can gaze upon our tumors.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Being a Canadian who looks at the U.S. as being one the last strongholds of democratic freedoms in the entire world, **FOR NOW**, I can truly say I sleep better at night when I reflect on a couple points I have learned over the years. The true Patriots of the United States who will defend the U.S. Constitution at ALL costs are completely armed to the TEETH and ready to fight and use guerrilla tactics if needed . Those out there who would like to try and permanently change it, usually fall into the "peace loving, anti gun, pacifist" crowd.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
It's nothing more than a tee-shirt affixed to a flag pole.
why get so worked up over a piece of fabric?
Do you get pissed about people flying the confederate flag? the gay pride flag? the peace sign flag?

when you rave about everything, it makes the real issues you rave about appear less significant.

pick your battles, don't sweat the small stuff, that's what I always say.

The confederate flag represents History and is not an alteration. The gay pride flag can fly all I day for all I care. However, it has ruined the simple meaning of rainbows for me. Peace flag, big deal.

This new flag is an alteration of our nations symbol and could very well violate the laws that protect the flag.

The Flag Code
Title 4 United States Code:
§ 8. Respect for Flag
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

I love the way people get fired up over cloth. "I pledge allegiance to the flag..." I mean really? Remove my hat and face the cloth or I am disrespecting the cloth. This is just as bad as religion.

al⋅le⋅giance

–noun
1. the loyalty of a citizen to his or her government or of a subject to his or her sovereign.
2. loyalty or devotion to some person, group, cause, or the like.

How about pledging allegiance to yourself? How about protecting yourself a sovereign being?

People running around up in arms over a cloth that represents invisible borders that keep us separated.

This really is a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Oh I see!
Act like a totalitarian state to PREVENT us from becoming a totalitarian state!
Throw out the First Amendment to get the jump on Obama!
Great thinking!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
god that flag is embarrassing i wouldnt want to live in a country with that flag

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071

I am not worried about this flag replacing anything. However, I find its symbolism and the chosen image of Obama to be rather chilling given the power hungry nature of his administration. I also find the indifference shown to this image in this thread to be a little disturbing as well.

Really? So that's why you titled your thread "The New Obama American Flag"?

Because you weren't worried about it replacing our existing flag? Well - that makes you a simple-minded mudslinging instigator of conflict and of very little value to anything on this board (or anywhere else...)

Perhaps "Newsmax" would be a better home for you....

Desperate minds resort to personal attacks. Nothing better to say? Typical indeed. The flag is being sold on EBAY as the "Barack Obama USA Flag"

cgi.ebay.com...

As for your previous post. I know you would love a response but I will not waste my time responding to it.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Those flags in very different in two ways. For one they stand for something greather and bigger than just one man. Those stand for people united for a common cause and are not a tribute to a single person. Secondly they dont support praise and worship our current commander in thief. That is scary.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Well, only if it truly was against the law is how I was making my opinion. Now being as it may not be illegal, not quiet sure on that one. But personally disregarding any kind of laws I would love to administer my own brand of justice, but thats my right to feel that way....hmmmm Infact, we can all feel however we want, you got it, but you are responsible for your actions regardless.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is not a flag, it's a novelty item.

What's next, arrest the guy selling Obama plates for ruining your supper.

Also, I hate to break it to you "patriots", but nobody has ever fought a war over a flag. Wars aren't fought over flags, they're fought over important things, like the right to fly any stupid thing in your yard that you want, that's what wars are fought for.

Always first to shout about having your rights taken away, until it's time to take someone else's away, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its just some guy being funny by messing around with an image. Sheesh. Post about something worth posting about.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
1. Whoever made this flag violated no law, just taste.
2. If we want to be true to the constitution, we can oppose an elected president's policies without wishing harm on the president. (Although the left never practiced that one either.)
3. A person can oppose most, or all, of Obama's policies without being racist. In fact, a person who voted for Obama can oppose (vigorously) 90% 0f his agenda and not be racist.
4. All the imagery stuff is seriously detrimental to Obama. Those who don't think it smacks of Stalinism, Kimism, etc. are really too ignorant about 20th century history to have a stake in the conversation. Many Obama supporters are totally clueless when you mention that all the portraiture is a little too close to "dear Leader-ism". If they don't understand the reference, nothing they say has any value to me at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

I'm one of those people who fought for our country, I did so not to allow this guy to fly the "right" flag in his own yard, I fought so he could fly any damn flag he wants to at his own house.

Those are some of the finest words I have read in a long time.

Wish I could give you 100+ stars.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't think real Obama supporters made this flag.

This is the work of the Republican party trying to start an outrage. They are trying to fuel the fire to get their base motivated and make a buck. I even bet they are paying people to surf the internet and spread the word...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Styki]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
(In the photo

On the floor, right where it belongs.

Though, it'd be better with a pile of dog poo, on his forehead.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

There is allready an insane wildfire of crap just like this spreading throughout our country, what good would gasoline do to a wild fire!? This was made by a fan or a clever entrepreneur. What is sickening to me is the person that would purchase this and fly it from a flag pole for everyone around to see. It's a silly argument to say just cause we live in a free country that we can do and say whatever we want without consequence. Sure maybe your protected from the police, but if I see someone flying an Obama flag or a Communist Chinese flag oh so proudly in my face, I'm the type of person that will confront that man aggresively. Fly it! own it!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I assume then, that you would be equally offended if a flag cgi.ebay.com... such as this one were to be put on sale as response to mr Obama's policies.

Since, in your own words :"The Flag Code
§ 8. Respect for Flag
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. "

Yep, thought as much. Next....

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Ismail]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Seriously I'm pretty sure most people that find the Obama flag wrong would also find that flag wrong....what is your point? That one mans ignorance can be counter acted by another mans ignorance making the original null and void?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow! That's cool! Where can I buy one?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
reply to post by jibeho

I assume then, that you would be equally offended if a flag cgi.ebay.com... such as this one were to be put on sale as response to mr Obama's policies.

Since, in your own words :"The Flag Code
§ 8. Respect for Flag
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. "

Yep, thought as much. Next....

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Ismail]

Yes, I am offended by that flag. I know what it symbolizes in our current Obama society but, if you were to sell that flag during the Cuban Missile Crisis or at any point during the height of the Cold War you would be flogged by a countless mass of proud Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join