It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Obama American Flag?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I never thought that I would see the day. THis image is simply disgusting and a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

Obama=Dictator. This is straight from the "Communism for Dummies" handbook.

here's a new American flag available on the Internet that has a picture of President Obama in the corner where the stars representing our fifty states normally reside.

Given how our media have assisted in selling Obama paraphernalia since Inauguration Day, one has to wonder what their position will be on the attractive keepsake pictured right.

As NewsBusters has chronicled, news outlets up until now haven't been shy about pushing product associated with the new president (larger picture of flag below the fold, h/t Atlas Shrugs):

* The CBS "Early Show" promoted Obama dolls in April
* NBC Universal's online store offers at least 29 Obama-related items for sale
* The CBS "Early Show" addressed how Obama merchandise was tough to keep on the shelves when the first family vacationed on Martha's Vineyard over the summer.

With this in mind, why not push the new Obama American flag?

newsbusters.org...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jibeho]

+92 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
THis image is simply disgusting and a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

It is a sensationalist image created by the extreme-right-wing website on which it appears.

The story has no merit, and your posting here only contributes to the furtherance of lies and distortion.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's nothing more than a tee-shirt affixed to a flag pole.
why get so worked up over a piece of fabric?
Do you get pissed about people flying the confederate flag? the gay pride flag? the peace sign flag?

when you rave about everything, it makes the real issues you rave about appear less significant.

pick your battles, don't sweat the small stuff, that's what I always say.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

THis image is simply disgusting and a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

It is a sensationalist image created by the extreme-right-wing website on which it appears.

The story has no merit, and your posting here only contributes to the furtherance of lies and distortion.

For sale on Ebay

cgi.ebay.com.sg...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Its not fake. A quick google search turns up this:

www.neoplexonline.com...

Obama USA 3'x5' Flag
in heavy polyester material!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Wimbly]

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
It's nothing more than a tee-shirt affixed to a flag pole.
why get so worked up over a piece of fabric?
Do you get pissed about people flying the confederate flag? the gay pride flag? the peace sign flag?

when you rave about everything, it makes the real issues you rave about appear less significant.

pick your battles, don't sweat the small stuff, that's what I always say.

The confederate flag represents History and is not an alteration. The gay pride flag can fly all I day for all I care. However, it has ruined the simple meaning of rainbows for me. Peace flag, big deal.

This new flag is an alteration of our nations symbol and could very well violate the laws that protect the flag.

The Flag Code
Title 4 United States Code:
§ 8. Respect for Flag
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's not flying above the white house, the post office or any other federal building.

People here svream about civil liberties and personal rights and freedom, but this flying above a private residence is an outrage?

I guess I just don't "Get" the double standard.

If you don't want anyone getting into what you do at your house, why get steamed about what someone else does at theirs?

SM2

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

actually, there was a listing on Ebay for these flags as of last night, by an ebay store called "dave's flags" they are now down, but they were there.I know because I filed a complaint to Ebay to let them know they were allowing soeone to sell ilegal goods on thier website. So it does have merit.
So, I have to agree, it was disgusting.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

I'm one of those people who fought for our country, I did so not to allow this guy to fly the "right" flag in his own yard, I fought so he could fly any damn flag he wants to at his own house.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It's not flying above the white house, the post office or any other federal building.

People here svream about civil liberties and personal rights and freedom, but this flying above a private residence is an outrage?

I guess I just don't "Get" the double standard.

If you don't want anyone getting into what you do at your house, why get steamed about what someone else does at theirs?

It is all about the symbolism. An altered US flag bearing the image of the sitting POTUS has never existed before. I guess with Obama it is a no holds barred situation. A free pass for Obama and his supporters. Indeed.

Imagine if you will, the stir that would have been created if this was the image of Bush during his administration. Double standard. You better believe it. I will not accept this. No explanation needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If you're so offended, why don't you contact the guy who made it and is selling it? What good does it do to post on ATS about it?

Or do you just want to make it look like Obama has something to do with this and get the haters all riled up?

Oh, never mind. I have my answer.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a disgrace to all of the men and women who have fought to defend our country and the flag that represents us.

I'm one of those people who fought for our country, I did so not to allow this guy to fly the "right" flag in his own yard, I fought so he could fly any damn flag he wants to at his own house.

This is not the flag that my father and grandfather fought for and it is not the flag that is taken into battle and worn on our soldiers uniforms.

The flag is being commercially produced as an alteration of the existing flag. You want to make an Obama flag, fine. Use an original design rather than replacing 50 stars with the stern image of Obama.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

For sale on Ebay
cgi.ebay.com.sg...

My mistake.

However, to suggest -- through gratuitous innuendo -- that there may be some administration plot to promote such an item is disingenuous to the highest degree.

Alterations of the flag have been a valid form of protest for some time.

And -- lest we forget:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/308edb92db60.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I happen to agree with you. If the U.S. flag is ok to alter, then when is Michelle going on the statue of liberty? Obama on Mt. Rushmore?

It is indeed a double standard. Would it be ok then, to put Reagan on the flag?

SM2

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well, the altered flag is ilegal acording to U.S code:Title 4 chapter 3.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not disgraced, but I am saddened that Obama's supporters have actually replaced the 50 United States with one Messiah. Is this a sign of worse events to come? Has the Obamanation quietly fired the first shots of the coming civil uprising?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have never before in my life been tempted to burn a flag... until this thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If you're so offended, why don't you contact the guy who made it and is selling it? What good does it do to post on ATS about it?

Or do you just want to make it look like Obama has something to do with this and get the haters all riled up?

Oh, never mind. I have my answer.

What took you so long BH
? The flag is being sold through multiple venues.

Naturally, Obama had nothing to do with this flag. However, it is only a matter of time before the MSM climbs on board to support it as stated in my original article. Obama dolls, plates, chia heads, coins, toilet paper anything goes.

Why don't you buy the flag and raise it over your house. Let me know what kind of response you get.

I have no problem with the variety of Obama banners that have been created. It is this alteration of the American Flag that I am opposed to.

Dave's Flags has already removed the flag from its ebay site but 3 other vendors are now selling it. The bandwagon will be filling up soon.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You know...if that flag were policy, you'd have a complaint. But this thread is one of the worst cases of anti-Obama useless political Onanism that I have yet encountered on this site.

Fer crying out loud...the whine is getting ear-splitting. Is there nothing constructive y'all could be doing? Cuz this is just petty.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

However, it is only a matter of time before the MSM climbs on board to support it as stated in my original article.

So now you're reading the future... We'll see.

Obama dolls, plates, chia heads, coins, toilet paper anything goes.

If it's just the flag that bothers you, why are you complaining about other memorabilia? Your just angry that people like him and would want an "Obama Chia Head" in the first place!
It's clear.

Other presidents have paraphernalia. Get Your Bush Coins Here

The bandwagon will be filling up soon.

In a couple weeks, we'll see how correct your prediction are...

And the only ones on a bandwagon are the haters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join