It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by sueloujo

This statement is totally different to what is happening in the video because you are not asleep but playing with your father in another room. Therefore I would question why the video is left on in an empty room in order to catch you playing on the horse when your father knows exactly what you are doing because he is with you.

This question has been answered many times already.

Read the damn thread.

I think that should be ATS's mantra: Read the damn thread..... Read the damn thread...... read the damn thread

I'm sure some people will be thinking who is this little noob upstart McKyle to tell me to read the whole thread. But that's exactly what I'm about to say:

Read the whole thread!
Why? because there's no way you can really provide a creditable, balanced, and considered argument, unless you know all the angles to the story.
Seriously, I might sound like an upstart, but I'd prefer that to looking like a clueless idiot.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

"It is however, beyond the realms of fact. There is no visible wire in the video.
No matter how much wishing you do, I'm afraid it's not going to materialise. "
There is no fact....you would not prove there wasnt a wire there. Just because its not visible on a "bad" video does not mean it does not exist. As I said it is my opinion and I do not respect the childish derision you are aiming at me for my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
reply to post by mckyle

"It is however, beyond the realms of fact. There is no visible wire in the video.
No matter how much wishing you do, I'm afraid it's not going to materialise. "
There is no fact....you would not prove there wasnt a wire there. Just because its not visible on a "bad" video does not mean it does not exist. As I said it is my opinion and I do not respect the childish derision you are aiming at me for my opinion.

I'm not trying to deride you, and I'm sorry if I have come across that way.

What I'm trying to convey is that when you are forming an argument, that speculation is OK, as long as it's couched in terms that don't project an air of certainty. Speculation is not fact, so therefore we need to be more cautious when leveraging an argument with it.

I've enjoyed reading your posts so far, so again, I'm sorry if I came across as conceited.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Hi DancedWithWolves

I think you could try to find a friend in the broadcast media. The big news stations usually do have video nerds that know more about vid analysis/optimisation than most of us.

The only thing: whoever you take it to, make sure there's an understanding about ownership and broadcast rights etc. I would be wary of leaving the master with anybody.

I'm sure that there are actually members here who work in broadcast and vid production, who could give you invaluable assistance.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Thank you for sharing this video, it looks real to me, and real creepy.

If you haven't already, listen to the "Laugh Processed" sample that Goathief provided on Page 9 of this thread. You need decent speakers for this: turn the volume right up and listen to it.

As I mentioned before, listening to the second sample really put the hook in me. Chilling to say the least, and no I don't think that laughter is emanating from the TV.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had one of these horses. It was relatively light - it didn't take much to push the frame around. The springs were also very stiff. A previous poster said they also had one of these and it didn't take much to make it rock (bumping it, etc). That is true, but it never rocked that hard and that slowly. If the horse was just being jostled it would be rocking around or bouncing pretty quickly like an oscillation. These slow deliberate rocking motions prove in my mind that there is at least some deliberate force acting on the horse. One thing I offer for contemplation is i think it would be difficult to get string to put that much force on it without moving the whole frame. Of course it could be a trick, but at this point it looks like something was on the horse.

As for "wire/liar" it sounds like someone yelling at the TV.

The interference sounds are interesting to me. I've hard those types of sounds come through speakers from passing truckers on their CB's. So it isn't necessarily paranormal. It seems a strange coincidence to have those sounds in the same time frame as the horse rocking itself, but maybe they live next to a freeway? It could be hoaxed, but who would have guessed that paranormal activity and EM fluctuations would be related back in 1992? I DO wonder if those sounds are in the original copy or if that interference was introduced during the video capture.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by an0maly33]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If it hasnt been discussed, I'd like to add something. Did anyone else notice the interference at 4:33 and 4:51? That is the familiar sound (to me) of what my old computer speakers and car speaker did about 2 seconds before I received a phone call on my Cingular Cell Phone. Common electromagnetic interference with an analog audio device. Interesting. It sound identical.

edit: sorry i was in a hurry, looks like this has been covered already.

Exactly like what is posted here:

[edit on 6-3-2009 by frikk]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I had one of these horses. It was relatively light - it didn't take much to push the frame around. The springs were also very stiff.

Don't forget, the springs (at least in the one I had when I was a kid) were adjustable. From looking at the video from well before it even moves, it looks like the horse is hanging fairly low on the springs. Meaning, they don't seem to be very tensioned. If you look at some pictures of some other horses, most of them have the springs almost straight. That is, you could go from the point where they connect on the horse and it is pretty much a straight line to where it connects on the frame.

That doesn't seem to be the case with this horse, as I'd guess before anyone touches it (ghost or no) the springs are already at a pretty good angle. Just another point to ponder.

As you can see from this old picture on the top left of this page: www.irememberjfk.com... the springs are not at as much of an angle in this photo, even with a child sitting on it. That leads me to believe that the tension in the springs in this video, is very low. I'm no expert though

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

if you take one moment to follow this logic it may impress you.

If high energy/ theoretical physics (Michio Kaku here on ATS, Hawking, etc) theorizes

that supersymmetry and string theory holds either 11 or 22 dimensions, and a recent

'TOE' (theory of everything, A. Garret Lisi also here on ATS) is built on the Lies E8

248 dimensional geometry, then it becomes an excersize in AP calculus; ie., if you

add a 4th variable/dimension, our little 3d world has extradimensional beings (us

projected outside this time space) coming into and out of our reality all the time.

hence, ghosts. Carl Sagan did a wonderful little example of this on Cosmos way back

when, using 2D 'paperpeople' in a flat world experiencing our 3D hand coming in and out

of their plane as if by some majic.

tsk tsk, of course this could be real - until someone debunks it as a proven hoax.

-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-

There is no death. Only a change of worlds. ---Seattle [Seatlh] (1786-1866) Suquamish chief

[edit on 3/6/2009 by drphilxr]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I also noticed a couple of other things I would like to point out from my nth viewing of this video.

When there is no one on the horse and it is rocking, it doesn't really go back very much...mostly just forward. Which normally I could point to possibly something pulling on the front end (which may be the case). But in this particular case, I did notice that even when the child is rocking on the horse...he doesn't really go backwards, mainly just back to level, and then forward again. So perhaps this was a function of this particular horse, because of the springs or whatever, that it was just harder to go back than forward. So, sort of a push there I guess.

If you look closesly at about the 2:46 minute mark when the horse is stopping the rocking, you'll see it sort of pause a little forward from neutral. Not very long, but long enough to make me think that it could quite possibly be someone tensioning the string so it "stops on a dime" as so many people said. Rocking it forward until you're ready to stop, put a little tension on the string so it doesn't keep rocking...oops a tiny bit too far forward, then release back to neutral. That is what it looks like to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I noticed that when the child was on the horse, the springs were under tension. When the horse moved without the child, there was no tension. Also at 3.36 / 3.57 / 4.36 / 4.51 in the video you can here interferance from a mobile phone. At these times I can see the camera move ever so slightly.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7even
Awesome video, one of the best I've seen.

One question though, to all that have seen the video, is it just me or can you hear something wispered at approx 1:39

I can make out one word only and it doesn't seem to come from the T.V that can be heard in the background. It is clearly coming from in the room, either the word "Wire" or Liar"...

Anyone?

[edit on 3/3/09 by 7even]

YUP!
Someone tells someone else to get hold of the wire or to start pulling it.
Maybe a hand signal would have been better.

Well spotted.

The whole video is a hoax of course, but a well done hoax.

Next time try to remember that kids always start rocking by pulling back on the rains. The don't start with little jerks that gain momentum.

Not even the "on-line family reunion" can save the video. It is still ahoax. Fun idea though.

A bit like this video. Also well done but clearly a hoax easily spotted by closely observing a small telltale error.

HolgerTheDane

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There was NO YOUTUBE back in 1992, why would someone purposely film a hoax like this? Clearly he wanted to know if his son was going back to the room to ride the horse.

Its a ghost stop trying to debunk everything just for the sake of debunking. Open your minds.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Next time try to remember that kids always start rocking by pulling back on the rains. The don't start with little jerks that gain momentum.

I'll try to remember that next time. Thanks

Oh, I think you need to tell the little three year old in the video about that "pulling back on the reins" stuff too. He's doing it all wrong by pushing the horse FORWARD to get it started (by the way - it's reins - not rains - unless you were confusing this post with one about the weather)

Not even the "on-line family reunion" can save the video. It is still ahoax. Fun idea though.

Ouch! You're a happy soul.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scanepchi
There was NO YOUTUBE back in 1992, why would someone purposely film a hoax like this? Clearly he wanted to know if his son was going back to the room to ride the horse.

Its a ghost stop trying to debunk everything just for the sake of debunking. Open your minds.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
As well as no youtube back in 1992 there were no "date" in the picture frame on 8mm film cameras. OP clearly states that an 8mm was used. So there you have it. Another hoax.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

OP clearly states that an 8mm was used.

Where does he say that? Here are all his posts in this thread. He opens by mentioning the footage was taking with a video camera, and never mentions "8mm" in any of his posts. Am I missing it?

link   

As well as no youtube back in 1992 there were no "date" in the picture frame on 8mm film cameras. OP clearly states that an 8mm was used. So there you have it. Another hoax.

Would you like to provide proof that there were no cameras that had time stamps for 8mm cameras?

link   

Originally posted by mckyle

I'll try to remember that next time. Thanks

Oh, I think you need to tell the little three year old in the video about that "pulling back on the reins" stuff too. He's doing it all wrong by pushing the horse FORWARD to get it started (by the way - it's reins - not rains - unless you were confusing this post with one about the weather)

You are right of course. On both accounts. Sorry about the weather but as you might have suspected some people in the world speak other languages than english. Oh. So do the Americans. My bad.

My wife had exactly the same notion about always starting the rocking horse by pulling back. Isn't that funny how one can be so wrong?

Not that is is wrong to call the video a hoax.

Ouch! You're a happy soul.

Well spotted. I am a happy soul and it is always fun to read ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

Would you like to provide proof that there were no cameras that had time stamps for 8mm cameras?

No.
Another wrong by me. Tsk. Tsk.

In my family we have had no less than 7 8mm cameras and none of them had timestamps.

Of course it only took one quick search on the internet to come up with a Pentax 8mm that did indeed have a timestamp.

I am sorry about this misrepresentation of the truth and humbly bow my head.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
At 1:20 there are some strange noises.. like a sort of breathing with a vibrating tone to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join