It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
On another site you have posted comments as follows:
This is a video of me as a little kid (3 years old), on my rocking horse. And then my dad left the video camera on after I went to sleep to catch me sneaking onto the rocking horse... only to find it really wasn't me. Its a really old video we just recently got it converted to dvd so sorry for the horrible quality

You state your dad left the video camera on "AFTER" you went to sleep. Is it you playing outside with your father or are you asleep in this room?

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
This is a video of me as a little kid (3 years old), on my rocking horse. And then my dad left the video camera on after I went to sleep to catch me sneaking onto the rocking horse... only to find it really wasn't me. Its a really old video we just recently got it converted to dvd so sorry for the horrible quality

You state your dad left the video camera on "AFTER" you went to sleep. Is it you playing outside with your father or are you asleep in this room?

I was playing with my dad but I dont want to change the description as it would make more people just say im editing it to suit the situation lol.They had heard it many times so they were trying to catch me or the cats or whatever was causing it to rock so they left it on. And I dont believe thats my bedroom just my play room (i think).

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I wouldn't pay much attention to that site, anyone who uses the bass generator logo/little dude is lacking in taste and common sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by sueloujo

I wouldn't pay much attention to that site, anyone who uses the bass generator logo/little dude is lacking in taste and common sense.

LOL I dont use the site..came across it whilst looking for similar instances to this one. I agree though..no taste or decorum.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

Originally posted by sueloujo

I was playing with my dad but I dont want to change the description as it would make more people just say im editing it to suit the situation lol.They had heard it many times so they were trying to catch me or the cats or whatever was causing it to rock so they left it on. And I dont believe thats my bedroom just my play room (i think).

Wouldnt it be better to edit it to say the truth though so that people can make their own assertions?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think technically the plan was to leave the video running while he fed you, put you to bed and you were asleep - the ghost or whatever just didn't wait that long.

I have sent an email to your dad with the link to this thread to see if he would be willing to join the members at ATS in discussing this video. I believe in the end, their help will uncover more details such as the sound analysis, etc., that we don't know how to do.

I am beginning to suspect that while we all knew this video would be so cool to see once we could get our hands on it again from wherever all it has traveled through the family: it may be more rare to capture something like this than we knew.

I guess - better late than never applies.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
One more point.

At the moment the adult closes the door and exits the room, it seems as if their is a 'click' as if the door is being locked from the outside. This is at 37-38 seconds in.
The door is closed, then is followed by what sounds like the doorknob being twisted to lock it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Do people still not believe in ghosts? To me this isn't really proof, more like, oh my, a ghost...again. It's amazing to think about what their function is tho. Seems like more often or not they're messing with or involved with kids in a way. Wonder what's up with that? snf.

I agree. I'm sorry for those that need this 'absolute proof' even when some may hit them between the eyes because I have seen things that are simply unexplainable unless they are 'ghosts'.

Yes, the kids connection is huge. My son, when he was about 4, called us into his room one night. Well, called me because my wife nudged me in the ribs to go and take care of him.

Well, I get into the room and ask him what's up. He says that someone is in his room. My fist thought is that he is having a bad dream. Although, in the back of my mind I am recalling the MANY experiences I had as a child with 'shadow' and spirit entities. I turned the light on and tell him that there is no one there. He looks around. Then out of the blue he says "There!" And points right flippin next to me. I look around and there is nothing but of course I am now getting the chills. I will admit that this could simply be a psychological reaction to his statement.

Okay, then why did the firetruck sitting on the floor about 4 feet from me end up rolling up against the wall? I'll admit that I had gotten to a point where I was not intimidated by my own personal experiences. I got to a point where I no longer feared these encounters. Well, I about crapped my pants right there.

I then told him the secret to having them go away. That it was up to him to see them or not see them. He could tune them out. He had a few more situations like this come up and the stories that 4 year old told me kind of gave me the weebie jeebies but he got through it. I know, I probably stunted any 'psychic' growth potential he had but the child was scared and from personal experience I felt that the best way to deal with it was to show him how to tune it out.

With many skeptics that may have thought my posts on other topics were pretty decent I fear I may have destroyed any weight I held with them on my opinions.
I don't mind though. This is a subject that deserves attention.

For the hard core skeptic, just because 'YOU' don't experience these things doesn't make them figments of our imaginations.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
I think technically the plan was to leave the video running while he fed you, put you to bed and you were asleep - the ghost or whatever just didn't wait that long.

I have sent an email to your dad with the link to this thread to see if he would be willing to join the members at ATS in discussing this video. I believe in the end, their help will uncover more details such as the sound analysis, etc., that we don't know how to do.

I am beginning to suspect that while we all knew this video would be so cool to see once we could get our hands on it again from wherever all it has traveled through the family: it may be more rare to capture something like this than we knew.

I guess - better late than never applies.

Peace

Yea I texted him too lol and ill tell him to check his email he has like 50 of them so he doesnt check all of them a lot.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

dariousg: great account, and I concur - I think some of the more acidic replies to the OP, reflect a personal discomfort in the poster. If it's too confronting - attack it - seems to be the mindset of some of these people.

Let me try to allay your fears (referring to my skeptic friends):

After completing my academic grooming/conditioning, I walked away from university with a Ph.D and the commensurate analytical mindset. The mindset was the cocky type that was demanding of impirical, factual, proof (whatever the hell that means)

Anyhow, ghosts and UFO's were frowned upon by my academic colleagues and so for years after, I followed suit - kept in line, so to speak.

That all came falling down one night at around 1-ish or 2-ish in the morning in my apartment, when I had an unexpected visitor.....

Just for the record:
[I don't do drugs and don't drink alcohol - and I hope I'm just a little insane
]

I had literally just gone to bed and being the insomniac that I am, was wide awake. Next thing I know, an old lady walks into my room - the classic pale-white skinned hag in the white dress - I kid you not.
As she gets closer to my bed, I can see her facial features. Not a pretty sight!! Her face resembled someone who may have been dead for quite a few months. It was horrific.
As this was sinking in, she leaned over me as if to speak. But instead of words, she just hissed menacingly (I still liken it to a feline hiss).

I sat up - almost jolted out of bed actually. I could hear my heart beating, and I was shaking. The visitor however, was nowhere to be seen. She had simply, and quite literally, vanished. The whole episode lasted no more than five seconds from the time she entered my room, until her disappearing act.

The skeptic in me was nowhere to be seen.

I did however, finally go back to sleep. It was early Saturday morning. I'll never forget because of what happened later that day.

About 14 hours after my visitation, the same day, my bother killed himself.

In retrospect, my 'menacing' visitor was there to help me. She was there to warn me of my brothers impending death. Of that, I have no doubt. Just as I have no doubt that sometimes we are not alone, when we think we are.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
1. I would like to thank you and your family for sharing this with us.
2. I apologize for some of the rudeness you may have had to endure from those that do not want to know the reality that there are things we cannot see that interact on our plane sometimes and we cannot explain it.

3. I don't know how anyone could think that whatever was said at 1:39 was a whisper to begin with.

There was something that sounded like laughter near 3:20 but it could well have been from the tv in the other room.. although I am not so sure that is the case.
4. This reminds me alot of what we dealt with this summer with my sons room and the problems we had with the closet door. Kept thinking someone was in there. would here things and the knob turn but would open the door and no one was in it.

Actually it got more dramatic but I am not going into all that now.

I just want you to know that some of us know from experience that these things can happen. yes they can be faked but that does not mean because something can be faked that it was.

The person that experiences these things is the only one that knows what it is like to realize something is affecting objects physically and know that they are not visible to the human eye.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Calling hoax.. sorry no flag or star. Nothing of interest here for me.

Cool. Just make sure you shut the door behind you on the way out

Or you might try actually reading the thread instead of just seeing the title and watching the video

I'm getting more and more impressed with this case. Unusually for a thread of this nature the longer it continues the more credibility it's gaining, thanks to DancedWithWolves and MethosWare's continued participation despite the naysayers.

I agree with the poster who suggested sending a copy to interested academic parties. It might be time to get the Site Owners involved with this as I'm sure they must know of people who would like to do a more thorough investigation.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Okay here is ALL the details I can remmeber about this (many many years ago)

This horse was sent to us from my mom in colorado, I put it together and from day one we heard what sounded like my son ridding this horse when he should have been asleep, but By the time I got to his room and open the door he was in bed.

I moved the horse closer to the door so I could just open it up and catch him (it was also farther from his bed). This still didn't work!

I thought I could catch him on camera (maybe get 10,000 dollars from AFV!) I set the camera up to test it (How long the battery lasted, how good the picture was at night).

So as you see in the video I started the test run and went into the front-room with my son. ALL the noise you hear is us playing and running around (trying to wear him out for bed!!!) in the frontroom and kitchen.

I kept seeing people say they hear the the word WIRE! That is me saying LIAR at the tv!.

There is NO one else in the room or the house. This horse was made of plastic and there is NO weight to it, if you used string to pull the horse down it would move the whole thing around. There also no place to try things to it (IE nose rings things like that).

Before I put him to bed I rewound the tape to see what it looked like and that is when I saw MOVEMENT! The boy was off the hook then.

I think we gave the horse away, but my ex-wife knows the people that now live in that house and they have had other strange things happen so I don't think it was the horse.

I am looking for the 8mm tape this was filmed on and that will clear up ALOT of these questions. This is a DVD copy of a 15 year old VHS that was made from the 8mm camera tape (not the best picture)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by rarewings]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

"Whats this?"

"Wire"

Well, that does it for me. we got another hoaxer.

OP, you mean to tell me all that squeaking didn't get anyone's attention?

That loud too?

That's OK , post your hoax, karma payback can be a real bitch.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings

Thanks for posting rarewings! I think you've cleared up a lot of questions with that post.

Have you ever thought about having this video properly investigated? It's just possible you may have the best ever evidence of the paranormal in your possession.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrobee
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Well, that does it for me. we got another hoaxer.

OP, you mean to tell me all that squeaking didn't get anyone's attention?

That loud too?

That's OK , post your hoax, karma payback can be a real bitch.

So can stupidity.

Grow up.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings

Rarewings: Thank you for going to the trouble of signing up to the board, and I think whilst some individuals might be starting to realise they owe you, your son, and sister, an apology, I'm not holding out any hope you'll see one anytime soon.

So on their behalf let me apologise for the several less-than-nice comments put forward by individuals that for some reason feel unsettled by this thread's amazing revelations.

Thank you also for being the reason we have this remarkable vid.

Your initial post has also been great in painting in the final parts of this remarkable picture.

This is probably stating the bleeding obvious, but you do realise you have arguably, one of the most compelling pieces of film depicting a possible/probable paranormal event in the last twenty years or more?

Once again let me thank you for this remarkable film.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You need to go public with this. seriously!
It is some of the best evidence I have ever seen.
I had hard evidence once only to have it destroyed by an overly protective family member who thought they were protecting me in doing so.

You still have this.. GO PUBLIC!

people need to realize these things are real.

Then serious scientific study can begin once they can no longer deny it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Can I share you my experience ....

My sone has had two experiences when he was very little - i.e. 2 - 3 years old; once in the bath he was laughing and playing with someone and not looking at me. He kept laughing randomly and playing as though someone was in the room.

Another time at the fire. he was looking towards the fireplace, completely ignoring my direct line of view but laighimng at something/someone behined me. I remember watching his eyeballs as they moved around but could not see what he saw.

My own view .. for the record - I totally believe your video and can see how others on this site have also had experiences. I actually think we are meant NOT to see these things - if you had to live with seeing reality and dead people / ghosts - it would drive you crazy. The filtering mechanism just takes time to develop in childhood.

I have goosebumps just asnwering this - great to get the discussion going

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Just for argument sake how would somebody fake this? How could you do it?
Lets see if somebody can come up with a debunking of this and explain exactly how you would do it.

Dark background (flooring) hiding fishing line and micro pulleys.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join