It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you actually belive in the 2012 prediction?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i believe the only ones who believe anything will happen... are the same ones that believed blossom goodchilds flying saucer was going to appear over alabama back in october... anybody in the real world didnt believe that one either.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've been laughing at 2012 for some time now. Of course, there will be a 2015 right after it, and then possibly 2017. There have always been, and always will be doomsday predictions. We've lived through a few already.

Of course, if I am wrong, nobody will call me out anyway, so it's a win-win scenario. We'll all have grown up by then -- apparently.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately the true meaning behind 2012 (or more aptly 10/2011) has been hijacked by predictions of apocalypse, another Y2K, galaxy alignment, alien invasions, and planet x, to name but a few...

However these are all undoubtedly wrong as they all represent the "materialist" view of what's "supposed to happen", and this is not the basis for what the Mayan Calendar is really meant to show...

You have to go deeper than that to understand the truth behind what's happening, (and what's been happening) and what the Maya so brilliantly calculated and outlined with their calendar(s) AND their step pyramids.

People do not realize (well some do) that we are currently living in truly unprecedented times, that we are living out the final clicks of what's been termed the "Great Cycle"( or the 13th and final baktun of the Tzolkin). We have reached the near "END" of a process, an end that's billions of years in the making. And this is what the Mayan Calendar is meant to show. It's a schedule for the evolution of consciousness. Don't believe me?

If you look at history based on our current Gregorian calendar system, it can all seem like a bunch of random events with no real cohesiveness or pattern to it...but when looking at the course of history thru the Mayan Calendar system (mainly the Tzolkin) things begin to take on quite an astonishing pattern...

People, we are being governed by a much higher power- believe that! All things that have ever happened were not by our control. It sounds unorthodox, as it should, because your mind has been conditioned to not see reality this way, but this is undoubtedly the truth.

I can say a lot on this, but in the interest of not writing a long winded post that people will just skip over I will stop... however I'll offer this last food for thought:

The start date of the final baktun is considered to have taken place in August, 3114BC(as converted to gregorian date) or roughly 5125 years ago (hmm where have we seen that number before)... this was the final layer of layers, the last major phase of the evolution of consciousness... "the final push"

Does anyone happen to notice the significance behind that time period in human history?

To name a few:
-emergence of organized civilizations/nations ( Mesopotamia(Sumer), Egyptians( unification of upper/lower Egypt), Minoans)

-emergence of organized writing systems (Egyptian hieroglyphs, Sumerian cuneiform)

-first ever building projects on a massive scale- construction of huge stone pyramids and ziggurats ...

You think that's all by chance? Think again-- these people were clearly attuned to the pulses guiding the evolution of consciousness- and as it goes the rest of human history has been guided by these same pulses - 7 days and 6 nights = 13 heavens of creation (how many baktuns again until the calendar ends...)

- there's a lot more and it's very real. everything is connected(one). evolution and creation are one in the same under this system.

feel free to drop me a u2u if you'd be interested to learn more-

peace

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The future I am seeing is:
1. False flag attack or war between Israel/Iran/Russia (Gog/Magog war in Ezekiel)
2. Whoever makes the peace is the antichrist;he will rule peacefully for 3&1/2 years.
3. SHTF around 2012.
4. Return of Messiah.
5. 1000 years of peace

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I believe we are going to experience a partial dissolution of the world as we know it. Planetary changes are brought on by the evil activities of people in general, whether it is popular to think so or not.

When we desecrate our environment, it undergoes violent changes, which is partial dissolution which has occurred many times - as in Noah's time, being the Great Flood. The partial dissolutions are due to wrong actions and ignorance of man. These ignorant and evil actions go against the operation of God's Divine Laws. The vibrations of evil that man leaves in the ether upset the normal harmonious balance of the Earth. When the Earth becomes very heavy with this evil vibration then the etheric disturbances cause the world to give way to earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods and other natural disasters. It is the same as when one lives wrongly for a long time; various inharmonies begin to develop in the body, as well as disease. It is poison you yourself created, not a punishment sent by God. But most people by the time they try to do anything about it, the body has become so deranged, they die. So like the body, the earth suffers from all this inharmony and disease and it happens because of the combined effects of people all over the world who affect the planet. Good and bad karmic conditions created by man influence and determine wind, climate, the ocean and even earthquakes. All hatred, anger and the evil that we send out disturb the magnetic force of the earth creating static in the ether causing these atmospheric changes.

We are experiencing wars, famine, incurable diseases, economic crises, catastrophic disasters, religious and civil strife and worst of all, we feel fear and helplessness in all this worsening chaos.

Why is this happening? We tend to think that plagues and calamities only happened as recorded in the Scriptures, for those having defied God's Will. This is not so - even today we have all these calamities but we blindly think that this can't be the same thing, that it's just a coincidence. It is not coincidence because God's Laws are Divine Laws that were to be used as guidelines to help us learn how to live in order to put our lives in tune with God.

We are the creators of the world's condition and the only way back is to return to following God's Will of good for us.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

LOL I think this is what happened...

The guy making the calendar got to 2012, decided to take a extra long lunch break, while he was sitting there having lunch, his people became extinct & he never got to finish the job.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I hope it's not in the Morning, because I usually go out in the Afternoon and
don't want to miss it.

Did anyone actually "SAY" the world was going to end on that day or
was just some dudes impretation of some chook scratchings on a rock.
I do believe it is the Later rather than the former.

What's interesting about humans is they arn't concerned about what
happens today, only what's going to happen tomorrow or some time in
the future. Even our Economy is based on what value something is going
to be in the Future and don't care less what it's value is today.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I personally beleive something will happen. According to the Mayans, from my research, the Earth aligns with the galactic plane. It will cause the magnetic regions to shift which causes dramatic climatc patterns. Magnetic regions have shifted in the past, and the results were catastrophic.

That does not sound good, lol.

I also conclude that the government are making attempts to shelter survivors (underground bases) and storing various forms of plant seedlings (which they have already). Mass evacuations could take place.

If things start to hit the fan around 2011, tsunamis etc and all the works, Ill be sure to bring out a lawn chair, sunglasses, and extremely strong captain and coke.

Peace to all
Bubbapug1985

[edit on 19-11-2008 by bubbapug1985]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbapug1985

I personally beleive something will happen. According to the Mayans, from my research, the Earth aligns with the galactic plane. It will cause the magnetic regions to shift which causes dramatic climatc patterns. Magnetic regions have shifted in the past, and the results were catastrophic.

That does not sound good, lol.

I also conclude that the government are making attempts to shelter survivors (underground bases) and storing various forms of plant seedlings (which they have already). Mass evacuations could take place.

If things start to hit the fan around 2011, tsunamis etc and all the works, Ill be sure to bring out a lawn chair, sunglasses, and extremely strong captain and coke.

Peace to all
Bubbapug1985

I still can't see the logic, if all the marbels are lined up then life on
"this" planet ends. Why not life "begins" on another planet.
Why do these sort of events always bring gloom and doom, why
can't anything good out of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I believe something will happen. But it won't be because someone predicted the future. It'll be created through the hands of the billions of religious retards who make things happen to help reinforce their primitive beliefs. If there wasn't billions of delusional monkeys infesting this planet, that year would come and go like any other.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I believe it is man made, but will also run parallel to a universal conscience. With all these things happening right now, our collective conscience whether you believe it or not is effecting the balance of everything through worry, projective thought and is manifesting these things with more energy as they come.

It is meant to happen; many societies and individuals predicted or had foresight knowledge these events would happen. These people didn’t get specific as to what these events are, but they new they were going to be big and on a planetary scale effecting all life as we know it.

Those in charge of the Earth and its life policies are going to try and make it happen and we are seeing the dramatic attempt right now as we respond to this thread.

I believe in the alignment of our galaxy in 2012 and that ether of time, space and universal power will unfold or makes its push on us at that time.

Something big is coming and no matter what we all believe, we can all feel it coming. Modern man has only been around for a short time and we have never really seen dramatic Earth changes that have occurred instantly and intensely on a regular basis since the dawn of our time.

Those changes are coming and in the midst of war, economic hardship, weather changes. All these things happening at once, throw in a major quake or other major event along with our collective thought and that makes for one grand finale. The Government must know that something big is coming as well, because it seems they are starting to really baton down the hatches and keeping their control grids as tight as they can.

Never the less - 2012 is a final date, whatever is going to happen is going to unfold in our faces over the next four years. No waiting required.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Of course there is nothing to the prediction of some major event happening in or around 2012. I mean just look at the world today, do you see anything going on which is out of the norm. It's pretty apparent things aren't changing, bee's aren't disappearing, the ice sheets aren't melting, our economy is doing great, and our world leader's aren't turning on us. Nope nothing weird happening right now so why would anybody put stock in this 2012 malarky.

I hope you noticed the sarcasm.

Personally I think we'll be hit by a pole shift.

P.S. I can't believe some people have compared this prophecy to Y2K. Computer companies predicted Y2K to sell prevention software. 2012 was propheseid by the Maya which existed 4000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Uhhhhhhh... I don't think that there any reputable scientists making any claims whatsoever about astrology(pseudo-science) as opposed to astronomy(actual science) but I could be wrong we could all be living in cotton candy fantasy-land with our heads firmly entrenched in our arses~

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
If I remember right, David Wilcock has talked about it as no big deal. I'm just going to wait and see if anything happens from watching it on TV. Until then, I'll just try to survive like any other day.

David Wilcock said nothing of the sort.

Here is what he said will transpire in 2012, he accuracy in his prediction have thus far been very accurate.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A comparison to the concerns over 2000 versus 2012 is not entirely fair. In 2000 the "big" concern was over mass computer failures due to the handling of the change from 19xx to 20xx in the date/time of computer systems.

2012 has some historical and scientific signifigance, namely that a civilization touted for it's uncanny accuracy in predicting events based on their calendar has for some reason chose not to continue to the calendar beyond the winder solstice of 2012.

Scientific 'predictions' that the universe as we know it will experience a change who's affects are yet to be fully understood...OK, fear of the unknown perfectly rational and expected human behavior.

We're discovering many things about our universe, along with acceptance it may be a part of a bigger thing (multiverse). I've seen alot of things related to this, such as discovery of other dimensions beyond our known (3) and that's pretty exciting.

Lots of talk about 'the end' which I would rather think of optimistically as the 'end of things the way we know them' and beginning of a much better way of life, clearly the destructive path we are on cannot continue forever and I'd like to think something GREATER than this could come and change us all for the better.

One would have to admit, ALOT of things are changing in our world, some for the worst, others are just simply different than anything we've known before and that's what I like...the exploration of possibilities.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Pardom my ignorance but other than 2012 (that has not happened yet), what else have the mayans predicted that came true?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I feel that every day is a moment of awakening and everyday that we wake up to is another day closer to our death. I feel that anything can happen but what really makes a difference is you (the reader). Remember to take into account the power of our thoughts, our observations, and how it affects reality. There are things happening every day but 2012 will be another day that is just as precious as any other day we encounter. So, for now and on the actual day of 2012, live the love, light, and be in spirit.

peace to all my fellow humans! much love.

P.S. On another note, one should check out Terrence McKenna and his Time wave zero/Fractal time theory video. There is also free downloads of the DOS based software to do tests for yourself. In summation, he talks about this spiral of life that we are all encompassed in. This wave or spiral of life was able to be charted out via the I Ching and this computer software. Remember that we are living in a spiral through our universe/galaxy/solar system/our golden ratio of the proportions of the human body (e.g. dna), etc. He noticed that things came to a single point on the chart when the date of 2012 was reached. It doesn’t mean that everything comes to an end… but rather things are more condensed and energy slows down. Also another note to remember is that in a spiral there is no end… it keeps going. Enjoy: video.google.com...

Google Video Link

"Be the walking creation and WILL things to happen."

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ummmmm still waiting! Sorry Tesla didn't mean to kill your thread I just wanted to know.

2012' ers where are you? What else have the Myanans predicted correctly?
OBTW that is not scientific fact.

Echo!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Hellooooo! Hellooooo, hellooooo! I guess nothing, zip, zero, zilch! so maybe it was nothing more than a long term calender.

As i said before, heres how i see it going. "Bob hows the calender coming? good i am at 12/21/2012, crap Bob you can go ahead and stop now"

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
Ummmmm still waiting! Sorry Tesla didn't mean to kill your thread I just wanted to know.

2012' ers where are you? What else have the Myanans predicted correctly?
OBTW that is not scientific fact.

Echo!!!!!

What about ploting the stars, they were not stupid. I might be, I'm still trying to figure out how the moon works.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join