It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1111 a warning from God!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What makes me giggle every time I read things like these are the insubstantial evidence. Old people writing a book thousands of years ago doesn't prove or predict anything.

And the only ones guilty are those who have to ask for forgiveness for everything that they do that is declared "wrong" by a book.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okonomiyaki3000

So tell me how you justify it? How was it evil for Hitler to kill 6 million but good for god to kill hundreds or thousands of times more?

It is very sad that you ask such a question. The best answer is repent, find God, Christ, the holy spirit, and your question will be answered.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn
You want to know my def for an Atheist is? dc Talk said it best:
"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Whatever dc Talk is anyway... Atheism isn't exactly a choice and it has nothing to do with the behavior of other primates. If there were any good reason to believe in some kind of god, it wouldn't make any difference at all if some people claimed to believe in him and then acted like total asshats. The reason there are atheists is that some people's brains just happen value reason, logic, and proof over whatever it is that faith offers. Some kind of self-satisfaction, maybe?

Where's your proof? No wait, I don't wana know, cause I live my life through Faith, something that only a few can understand, the rest would rather call everything BS.

Well, since I don't believe in any of that nonsense, I have no proof. I was being facetious. But please do explain how you can believe the bible and not believe that the lord, your god, is or has been genocidal. If that flood fairy tale that the Jews lifted straight out of the Epic of Gilgamesh isn't an example of genocide, I don't know what is.

To the OP: My 1111 experiences have always been told like this: Anytime you catch the clock reading 11:11 make a wish towards someone that they might have a better day than they are currently having.

Make a wish? Are you kidding? What are you 5 years old?

To my brothers and sisters in Christ... keep in mind we will all be persecuted in the name of our Lord and Saviour. We all can tell it's totally happening on this site, and well, most other forums as well. Cause it's much easier for the bashers to hide behind their computers verses speaking in public. So all we can do is respond with a true good heart, even though they want us to fight back with nasty words and insults to Our God and Saviour.

Blah blah blah, we're so oppressed... I'm so tired of hearing this cry baby crap. If somebody challenging you to defend your beliefs and asking you for a little proof is persecution then every scientist on the planet is constantly in a state of persecution. Nobody is throwing you into a lions den or anything like that. If your faith doesn't hold up against a little scrutiny then it's worthless anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
It is very sad that you ask such a question. The best answer is repent, find God, Christ, the holy spirit, and your question will be answered.

Repent what? To whom? I can't recall doing anything to anyone that I'd need to apologize for lately. However, if the god of your bible is real and has done the things it claims he has done (and I take it you believe this) then he has plenty of repenting to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Repent what? To whom? I can't recall doing anything to anyone that I'd need to apologize for lately. However, if the god of your bible is real and has done the things it claims he has done (and I take it you believe this) then he has plenty of repenting to do.

Do you really feel this way, or just some "macho" BS for the netties..........

Would you "spit" in the face of God? Can you not even has a very small chance in your head that God is real? If you have such contempt for God you must hate mankind even more?

As the horrors of Revelations begin to come down, and the media can't hide them anymore, perhaps you will change your mind.

Repentance is not an appology. It is aknowledgement you understand your sinful ways and ask God for forgiveness.............

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Whatever dc Talk is anyway

Google it, Deni Ignorance!

Well, since I don't believe in any of that nonsense, I have no proof.

Isn't this a Forum based on proof? God proves to me everyday at how caring his Heart truly is. It's people like you that only see the ugly side of everything.

Make a wish? Are you kidding? What are you 5 years old?

And who are you to tell me how my life is? Just cause I make a caring, fun statement doesn't mean you need to bash me. Just cause I see life from a different angle doesn't mean I have to be my age. I can be a Kid if I want. I work for a living, have been prob longer than you have been alive... but that's pure speculation.

What ever happened to the, NO BASHING rule on this board?

Blah blah blah, we're so oppressed...

I'm sorry you feel oppressed.

I'm so tired of hearing this cry baby crap. If somebody challenging you to defend your beliefs and asking you for a little proof is persecution then every scientist on the planet is constantly in a state of persecution.

You said it first.... "I have no proof" but yet you expect everyone else to have proof, no such thing as a gut feeling in your world eh? Faith is the evidence of things unseen!

I'm so tired of hearing this cry baby crap.

Then why do you waist our time responding to stuff like this? oooh ya I forgot, you like points... it's a point thing.

I was not crying I was having a conversation with the OP, and those that wish to reply... but people like you would rather see it your way and never anyone else's way.

Nothing and No one is worthless. (not even you)

So tell me how you justify it? How was it evil for Hitler to kill 6 million but good for god to kill hundreds or thousands of times more?

No matter what we say... obviously, some will never see the light. God gave everyone equal free will, it's up to us how we wish to live our lives here on Earth, as it will reflect our next life. It's not up to everyone else to say how we must live our lives, if an adult wishes to be a kid for the moment, it's not up to anyone to say otherwise.

Repentance is not an apology. It is acknowledgment you understand your sinful ways and ask God for forgiveness.............

This is so true.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Do you really feel this way, or just some "macho" BS for the netties..........

Is it macho? It's just common sense. If you wrong someone, you apologize (repent is such an old fashioned word) if you don't, what would you apologize for?

Would you "spit" in the face of God? Can you not even has a very small chance in your head that God is real? If you have such contempt for God you must hate mankind even more?

As the horrors of Revelations begin to come down, and the media can't hide them anymore, perhaps you will change your mind.

Repentance is not an appology. It is aknowledgement you understand your sinful ways and ask God for forgiveness.............

I spit in no one's face. That goes double for imaginary creatures with no face.

There have always been and always will be horrors. Nut cases have been spouting this "judgement day is upon us" BS for at least 2000 years and probably longer (I'm sure it's a sickness built in to the human psyche, not just an element of one cult's beliefs). Anyway, there will be no rapture. There will be no revelation.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Isn't this a Forum based on proof? God proves to me everyday at how caring his Heart truly is. It's people like you that only see the ugly side of everything.

Well, we're way out of context here but I'll say it one more time, I was making a point by being facetious. I thought when I threw the flying spaghetti monster into the list of false gods I had made that clear but maybe I need to dumb it down a bit.

And who are you to tell me how my life is? Just cause I make a caring, fun statement doesn't mean you need to bash me. Just cause I see life from a different angle doesn't mean I have to be my age. I can be a Kid if I want. I work for a living, have been prob longer than you have been alive... but that's pure speculation.

What ever happened to the, NO BASHING rule on this board?

I don't dispute your good intentions in making a "wish" for someone. I seriously doubt it has any effect on the fundamental structure of our universe though. The point I was so callously making was that most people realize at a fairly young age that wishing does not make it so.

You said it first.... "I have no proof" but yet you expect everyone else to have proof, no such thing as a gut feeling in your world eh?

Back in no-context land... I said I have no proof in any of the gods I mentioned. Because there is no proof. Because they are all imaginary.

Faith is the evidence of things unseen!

Wow! that's so profound! No wait... actually it's just some words that you put together following the basic rules of English grammar to form a sentence. But, while you successfully created a sentence, you didn't actually say anything.

Repentance is not an apology. It is acknowledgment you understand your sinful ways and ask God for forgiveness.............

This is so true.

Sin. What's that? Really. Tell me what you think it is? (Hint: it's not a real thing)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This is so true.

Sin. What's that? Really. Tell me what you think it is? (Hint: it's not a real thing)

Sin is the breaking of God's law. For those who have heard the gospel and the commandments, it is the "willful" breaking of God's law. One of those "you know better" but do it anyway thingy's. You demonstrate an understanding of the commandments, yet, ridicule them and scoff at God himself. He will remember you, personally.

There are many who will ask for death in the end times, but death will not come for you.

The agony of your arrogance will be profound.

Is it not worth a small effort to even wonder if this mortal life is but a split second as compared to eternal life?

God is slow to anger, but only slow. When he gets angry he does make a mess of things then starts over.

Earth part 3 coming soon to a planet near you..................

[edit on 16-6-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sin is the breaking of God's law. For those who have heard the gospel and the commandments, it is the "willful" breaking of God's law. One of those "you know better" but do it anyway thingy's.

Hmm. So the biggest sinner of all is god himself? Nobody has broken his imaginary and largely arbitrary laws more than he.

You demonstrate an understanding of the commandments, yet, ridicule them and scoff at God himself.

Yes, I can also demonstrate an understanding of Goldilocks, Cinderella, Peter Pan, and the Three Little Pigs. Doesn't mean I believe in any of them.

He will remember you, personally.

Are you saying that there are some people that this omniscient, omnipresent being will not remember? And what does 'remember' mean to someone who knows everything all the time? Remember is tied to the passage of time but isn't your god beyond time?

There are many who will ask for death in the end times, but death will not come for you.

Good. I do suspect there is a good chance I and my generation will be immortal anyway.

The agony of your arrogance will be profound.

Is it not worth a small effort to even wonder if this mortal life is but a split second as compared to eternal life?

No.

God is slow to anger, but only slow. When he gets angry he does make a mess of things then starts over.

Are you referring to his crimes against humanity?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by heliosprime

so your saying since clocks say 11:11 on them, which at some point the time is bound to be 11:11...actually twice on any given day....that it is some sort of warning from god? that's like saying me breathing is an omen that the world will end.

you very smart in pointing out that 11:11 happens twice a day i think a young child could have pointed that out to me. thank you for being so smart.
any how.

in recent times many people always look at a clock when it strikes 11:11 for no reason.

it could be a coinsident it could be god it could be anything but it happens alot to alot of people.

very mysterious occurance if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Okonomiyaki3000

Thank so very much for comfirming over and over all the things I have so poorly tried to warn mankind about. Your words demostrate precisely why God will destroy this planet yet again.

The arrogance of mankind to slap the very face of God and spit on his laws shows much of mankind unworthy of his grace and mercy. Like in the days of Noah and Sodom, man thinks of only evil.

I say again repent, ask God to forgive you while there is still time.

You say God has committed crimes against humanity, I say man has committed crimes against God.

"Hint" God wins in the end, I read his book!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm going to have to quote "The Devils Advocate" here and say

"Consider the Source"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thank so very much for comfirming over and over all the things I have so poorly tried to warn mankind about. Your words demostrate precisely why God will destroy this planet yet again.

What is he a spoiled child? His creation doesn't turn out how he wants so he smashes it? Anyway, I thought he's perfect. How could a perfect being make something that didn't turn out the way he hoped? Or he wanted us to turn against him so he'd have a reason to destroy us? There's no answer that makes sense.

The arrogance of mankind to slap the very face of God and spit on his laws shows much of mankind unworthy of his grace and mercy. Like in the days of Noah and Sodom, man thinks of only evil.

I say again repent, ask God to forgive you while there is still time.

Yeah yeah. Suppose this life is all we have and when we we die we completely cease to exist. Then if you don't live to the fullest, you are cheating yourself and you will not receive any reward for your self-restraint.

You say God has committed crimes against humanity, I say man has committed crimes against God.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by heliosprime]

OK, from now on I will follow god's shining example and do only as he does. I don't know if I can wipe out the entire human race as efficiently as he claims to have done but I'll do my best! Any suggestion on what kind of weapons I should use? Obviously I don't have the power to flood the earth or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Suppose this life is all we have and when we we die we completely cease to exist.

So there is a small bit of doubt in your mind. The word "suppose" is different that (This life is all we have...)

For many on this planet your original statment will come true. They will completely cease to exist. Especially those who arrogantly speak so ill of God.

But your statment did show some doubt, so there is hope for you after all............

God Bless............

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

"Consider the Source"

My source is bigger than your source........................

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No No No you got it all wrong... while it is a message from god its how many different types of cheese there are in the world... get it right...

the fact is, if you go looking for a number, you will find it everywhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Honestly.

Im not saying i dont believe in higher beings but you guys!

Please, just one of you, just one, post the tinyist, smallest, minutest piece of evidence that the whole God, jesus, Bible exists or existed.

I dare ya!

Can you honestly, with the complete lack of evidence, give it anymore credence than being a fairy tale.

Im sorry thats harsh and i would really love it to be true, and maybe it is, but there has not, in 2000yrs, been one piece of evidence you could hand on heart say "here is proof". Proof!

Unless there has! But if there hasnt how can you justify preaching it?

Its no more viable at this stage than King Arthur.

Or is it?

Confused.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

"Consider the Source"

My source is bigger than your source........................

you're not understanding the quote

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

It would appear you are the kind of person who while standing in a room full of lighted candles and buckets of gasoline would say there is no evidence of fire, nor the potential for any future fire.

The evidence surrounds your entire world, yet, you see it not. It is your poor eyesight not the worlds lack of evidence.

There is noting in the universe, that when studied close enough, does not point directly to the creator.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join