It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama meets privately with Michigan Muslim leader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Republicans have "swiftboated" (love the term, goes to show how twisted these people are) every Democratic presidential nominee since Truman ("military industrial complex," as if Ike didn't fight an unnecessary war). This "Obama is a Muslim" talking point has no basis in reality. Republicans can't have their cake and eat it too. They can't say "Reverend Wright, Reverend Wright" and say "Muslim, Muslim." Pick one or the other. Either he's a Christian who believes racial discrimination didn't end with Civil Rights, or he's a Muslim. At least have cohesive smear tactics.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It doesn't say he met "secretly" he met "privately". There is a huge difference. It obviously wasn't some big hush-hush secret.

Hassan Qazwini is one of the most influential Muslim leaders in the US.

This is from the biography on his website:

Since the heinous attacks of September 11 when “the faith of Islam was hijacked,” as a rabbi put it, Al-Qazwini multiplied and accelerated his efforts to depict a genuine representation of Islam and Muslims. He has thus far spoken at over a hundred churches, colleges and universities about the genuine and authentic teachings of Islam, thereby dispelling the common misconceptions about Muslims in America. As Congressman John D. Dingell put it at the 108th Congress session after Al-Qazwini offered the prayer for the opening session:

"Imam Qazwini has become a leading voice for Muslims in America. He has spoken movingly of the need for reconciliation, for tolerance, and for the recognition of our humanity. He has worked with leaders in both the Christian and Jewish communities to help bridge the differences between us and to dispel prejudice. His work has touched Muslim and non-Muslim alike, and his devotion to our State and our community of Dearborn has been recognized by the mayor, the governor, and by President Bush."

Al-Qazwini has also effectively influenced numerous political leaders in America to cater to the Muslim communities. For instance, he has pressured the American leadership several times to speak out publicly against infamous religious leaders who have time and time again launched an attack against Islam and Prophet Muhammad. The White House has invited Al-Qazwini on several occasions to represent the Muslim community. Al-Qazwini has met with President Clinton and President Bush to discuss issues pertaining to Muslim affairs. The State Department and Defense Department have also invited him. Al-Qazwini continues to be one of the most outspoken and influential Muslim Shi’a religious leaders in the United States. He has been outspoken on CNN, NPR, BBC, VOA, the New York Times, the Detroit News, the Detroit Free Press, and a wide range of many other media outlets. With the will of Allah and the efforts of His servants, Americans will have a clear and unadulterated picture of Islam. May the message of Islam reach every individual and may Allah guide all people to His right path.

This is exactly the kind of person Obama needs to meet with to "unify" the country. Because the reality is this: there are Muslims in America (and they're not bad people)! He's had the ear of two Presidents and has been invited to the White House. I think standing in a line to shake a Presidential Candidates hand is beneath him. A private sit-down in a community college is hardly a clandestine meeting to plot a Muslim take-over of the US.

This issue of Obama and Islam makes me sick. I won't vote for the guy, I think he'd be a horrible President. But focusing on this essentially bigoted issue just makes us all look stupid. The world is watching this election and laughing.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

How silly is that! So what, so he met with a muslim leader, that doesn't make either one of them a terrorist. Even your own article says.. and I quote "Qazwini has also met several times with President Bush and other elected officials." So what does that say?? Oh wait, it says that he met with him, nothing more.

What a paranoid jump your making. And this is coming from someone who is not a supporter of any democrat. (or republican for that matter).

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
why is it a bad thing to be meeting with senior figures of diffirent groups?

It's bad when it's done IN SECRET and probably to facilitate gettng votes.
Its' also bad when this is done and the candidate claims to be for change.

* yes - secret. It wasn't advertised. It hasn't been on the MSM.
It wasn't televised. It wasn't transparent and open. And he certainly isn't talking about it with anyone.

Originally posted by grover
It is an ugly tactic, racist and xenophobic and those of you who push it should be ashamed of yourselves.

No Grover.

EXPOSING Obama for having SECRET meetings - with ANY group - in order to facilitate votes is not being racist and/or xenophobic. It's exposing a POTUS candidate who has his entire platform based upon 'change' ... when in fact he's no different than any other corrupt and secretive politician.

Originally posted by Merle8
Either he's a Christian who believes racial discrimination didn't end with Civil Rights, or he's a Muslim.

How about the third and most likely option - that he's a typical politician hugging whatever religion at the moment gets him the most votes ... be it secret meetings with muslims .... or sitting in a pew for 20 years listening to anti-white garbage in order to get the black vote.

[edit on 5/17/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
This guy becomes president you are all going to be wearing long bearrds and bhurkas!
and then you will be saying "so what?..what is wrong with a long beard and bhurkas?"

the American spirit has died...it died in the sixties. what a shame.

Then you say...

You have got to take of those partisan blinders. this is the kind of response that makes me lose faith in humanity..."he is a democrat/republican, black/white, that is why i am voting for him/her"

why don't we vote for a persons credentials and experience and ideals and not divide among party lines?

How odd that a person can say in the same thread such contradictory things. Take off the blinders, you say. Don't look at sex, or party. LOOK AT HIS (imagined) RELIGION! Whatever, man.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

and

Seriously, anyone can meet with anyone they want. They can meet secretly or not. They can intend their visit to be secret or not. They can have a million different intentions. I really don't think this meeting was intended by Obama to be a secret.

There is really nothing wrong with Obama meeting with a Muslim leader. Even if they had a cozy past relationship on par with Bush and the Saudi's, what leader does not have a cozy relationship with someone in some high-end religious, political, or economic place. Its not that the Muslim leader that Obama is meeting with is a terrorist or anything (maybe he is but the evidence is non-existent).

But there is one HUGE detail.

The main stream media will almost jump all over themselves to show Bush with a Saudi guy.

Why does this Obama picture not get the same attention?

The msm knows that pictures with a Muslim leader of any sort is politically bad and can be construed by many Americans as some sort of funny connection.

The msm knows that all the pictures that show Bush and the Suadi's arm in arm raises up a ton of questions about Bush.

The msm knows that pictures of Obama and a Muslim leader will raise up a ton of questions about Obama that can cost him large numbers of possible votes. I do not agree with the mentality that Obama's meeting should mean a questionable connection similar to Bush and the Saudi's. Its not like there isn't 50 other valid reasons not to vote for Obama. I do know that this picture, if displayed by the msm will have a much higher chance of being used by many anti-Obama conspiracy websites, republican groups, and covert Hillary supporters.

I wonder who the main stream media is supporting in this election?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Who cares, he is a total moron, 57 states what a complete jackass.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Don't forget about the Logan Act.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
The main stream media will almost jump all over themselves to show Bush with a Saudi guy.

Why does this Obama picture not get the same attention?

The msm knows that pictures with a Muslim leader of any sort is politically bad and can be construed by many Americans as some sort of funny connection.

The msm knows that all the pictures that show Bush and the Suadi's arm in arm raises up a ton of questions about Bush.

In that picture Bush is with King Abdullah, the Chief of State of Saudi Arabia. Obama is with an Imam from Michigan.

Bush is in Saudi Arabia to try and convince them to increase their output of petroleum, something that affects each and every person in the U.S. Obama is getting political capital.

If the media DID give more attention to Obama at a Community College than the President meeting with a Middle Eastern head of state, now THAT would throw up a red flag.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You pro-Obama can't even see the forest for the trees. Don't you see? He's just pretending to be a Christian but in actuality he is a Muslim inside.

You people have been deceived. Haven't you heard the plans to turn America into an Islamic state? Don't vote him. His middle name is Hussein for Christ's sake!

He wants to negotiate with the Hamas and the muslims! If you vote him he's going to destroy the American way of life and put in place the Islamic laws!

He has got you all fooled with his ambiguous promise for 'change' in actuality he wants to change the American way into an Islamic way!

Don't vote him he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He really is a Muslim and all Muslims have a tendencey to put their false god and prophet in front of everything everything!

You'll lose the American way of living, alcohol will be outlawed, no more football, baseball and hudud laws will be put into place and all women will have to wear burkhas! All the men will have to wear terrorist beards!

Think about it! Think about your children! Will you want their hands to be cut off? Will you want your children be stoned to death? Think people, he's a muslim. A muslim will turn on you when the time is right and that's the time when he's elected!

Think about America!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

The current President is under the thumb of both a Jewish State (Israel) and a Muslim State (Saudi Arabia).

What's the difference?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
This guy becomes president you are all going to be wearing long bearrds and bhurkas!
and then you will be saying "so what?..what is wrong with a long beard and bhurkas?"

the American spirit has died...it died in the sixties. what a shame.

You are 100% percent right! A star for you bro!

Not only he's a muslim in disguise he's also a racist! A racist muslim for president? Oh no! America will be in another bumpy years ahead if you vote him!

First he wants 'change' and then he met secretly with muslim leaders!? Something's not right!

He wants to change America into a muslim state! Don't vote him! America is going to vote someone for president with a middle name "Hussein" (as in Saddam Hussein), a muslim father and a shady past?!?!

America is doomed!!!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It's bad when it's done IN SECRET and probably to facilitate gettng votes

you changed the word "private" to "secret" in an obvious attempt to imply some sort of colusion is going on. No doubt you think its some SECRET muslim agenda to infilitrate america from the top!? I thought the photograph from the press would have shown you there was nothing secret about it.

The current president has also had private meetings with these people. How exactly do you want the president to conduct his meetings? in a press conference so you can hear every word?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by yeti101]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
You pro-Obama can't even see the forest for the trees. Don't you see? He's just pretending to be a Christian but in actuality he is a Muslim inside.

You people have been deceived. Haven't you heard the plans to turn America into an Islamic state? Don't vote him. His middle name is Hussein for Christ's sake!

He wants to negotiate with the Hamas and the muslims! If you vote him he's going to destroy the American way of life and put in place the Islamic laws!

He has got you all fooled with his ambiguous promise for 'change' in actuality he wants to change the American way into an Islamic way!

Don't vote him he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He really is a Muslim and all Muslims have a tendencey to put their false god and prophet in front of everything everything!

You'll lose the American way of living, alcohol will be outlawed, no more football, baseball and hudud laws will be put into place and all women will have to wear burkhas! All the men will have to wear terrorist beards!

Think about it! Think about your children! Will you want their hands to be cut off? Will you want your children be stoned to death? Think people, he's a muslim. A muslim will turn on you when the time is right and that's the time when he's elected!

Think about America!

OMG...

I'm starting to see why Obama has the more educated supporters, because people who think like this are clearly uneducated and not thinking straight.

Your post only serves to help Obama out, because even though I truly think you're being serious, this sounds like a SNL skit. I really hope I'm wrong and you are being sarcastic.

EDIT: Ok, I've just been informed you were being sarcastic to make a point. Good one. The sad thing though, is that I'm now having a hard time telling posts like yours and real genuine ones apart, because your intentionally ridiculous posts sound so much like some of the other anti-Obama posts out there. What does that tell you? Anyway, good point.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

its cool he's being sarcastic.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Thank God.

Thanks for the heads up. That truly did sound over the top, but with some of the anti-Obama posts I've seen around here lately, one can never know.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Too sarcastic.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RexxCrow
Who cares, he is a total moron, 57 states what a complete jackass.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Speech after speech and he screws up once and that makes him a total idiot?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
DNC 2004 Keynote Speech 2004 Part 1

www.youtube.com...
DNC 2004 Keynote Speech 2004 Part 2

And there are many, many more. And for one screw up he's an idiot huh?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They're just a bunch of Chicken Littles who are scared of change is all. I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. When the change finally comes, it's going to hit them like a ton of bricks.

I disagree. They will either not even notice that it has changed, or more likely will try to take credit for it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Obama is much more experienced than Hillary in a few aspects, and McCain is a Bush clone, so which direction are you looking at?

The one I am voting on is the Constitutional law aspect. I think the damage to the constitutional framework of our govt by this admin is the the black hole that is sucking all the light from the nation...Oh by the way, Obama was a professor of Constitutional Law...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join