It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Positive Look at Cops.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ok I understand your point but there's been a lot of accident related deaths due to speeding cops and tow truck drivers and wether the accidents are always justified I don't know.

One good thing about technology is that the malicious cops are getting busted more via video recording and audio and I think that's a beautiful thing. I've been a victim to police brutality and at the same time have been saved by a cop from a cop that was beating me!

Sure cops are in the ats headlines for negative actions but should we just ignore them because there are good cops out there? I respect the job our law enforcement does for us but a large majority are corrupt and this shouldn't be ignored or overlooked.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Trubl
Sure cops are in the ats headlines for negative actions but should we just ignore them because there are good cops out there?

Absolutely not. Some have posed that bad cops should be held even more accountable. I agree. But focusing only on the negative is not giving a true picture of cops.

I respect the job our law enforcement does for us but a large majority are corrupt and this shouldn't be ignored or overlooked.

If you read the thread you will see that that is incorrect.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I did read the thread and I'm a strong advocate for harsher punishment for law enforcement when they break the law especially for Heinous crimes.

So let me ask you this, what percentage in your opinion are good cops. Ex. 60% are good cops

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Don't condemn an entire group for the actions of a few. What's that called again?

Cops are people. Some are good, some are bad. Take the badge away, or give one and that doesn't change. Bad ones shouldn't get a pass. Good ones shouldn't be pilloried.

Law enforcement officers are a group where it's apparently ok to disparage, discriminate against and be prejudiced towards. Eventually you end up with a self-fulfilling situation. Want to know why so many LEOs end up with an Us vs Them mentality? As long as you're doing tough guy thuggin' poses in a mirror anyway, look a little deeper while you're there.

There's your sign.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

yeahright
Don't condemn an entire group for the actions of a few. What's that called again?

Cops are people. Some are good, some are bad. Take the badge away, or give one and that doesn't change. Bad ones shouldn't get a pass. Good ones shouldn't be pilloried.

Law enforcement officers are a group where it's apparently ok to disparage, discriminate against and be prejudiced towards. Eventually you end up with a self-fulfilling situation. Want to know why so many LEOs end up with an Us vs Them mentality? As long as you're doing tough guy thuggin' poses in a mirror anyway, look a little deeper while you're there.

There's your sign.

I agreed a lot with your post until you said and I quote " as long as your doing tough guy thuggin' poses in a mirror anyway" what is that supposed to mean? There is not supposed to be a war against law enforcement (I hate the term Leo's) against citizens period! They are public servants and are supposed to protect and serve!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

liquidsmoke206

Positive indeed, screw the police.

Until you need them because something heinous has happened to you or a loved one of yours?

Then what?

You going to turn them away?

No. You aren't.

You're just going to be a keyboard warrior hypocrite when it comes down to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Trubl
I agreed a lot with your post until you said and I quote " as long as your doing tough guy thuggin' poses in a mirror anyway" what is that supposed to mean?

If it doesn't apply to you, feel free to disregard it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Trubl
So let me ask you this, what percentage in your opinion are good cops. Ex. 60% are good cops

I'd say over 95%. That's cops that don't commit crimes. There's no crime being an asshat. And there's a higher # of those in every profession.

(post by liquidsmoke206 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

What does it matter? It's still discriminative post.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Well I for one am beyond shocked that anyone as well spoken and good mannered a l'il cherub as yourself would ever have any sort of a problem with a police officer. I hope every one of those meanies gets what's coming to them.

And you, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Such a mature reply.

So, you're saying that if someone in your family is murderd, raped, seriously assaulted, kidnapped/held hostage you won't be asking the Police for any help, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I strongly disagree with that percent respectfully

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

intrepid

Trubl

I'd say over 95%. That's cops that don't commit crimes. There's no crime being an asshat. And there's a higher # of those in every profession.

well considering probably 95% of people break the law every year and cops are people, i think your a bit liberal with that figure. i would be more inclined to believe 75% of police break the law and i'm being generous.

trouble is most laws are designed to do nothing but generate revenue and are created by control freaks, you know the ones you went to school with who just had to make everyone's life a pain.

there can be nothing but downhill with those figures as well, simply because probably 75% of govt. officials are law breakers as well and they are your bosses and thus you're being pinched from both sides as a leo.

i'm curious what you see ahead for law enforcement, well society in general really?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Trubl

I strongly disagree with that percent respectfully

That is your opinion. Do you even know how many cops there are in just the States?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Which are good cops , and which are bad? From yesterday in Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes that's my opinion and do you have proof that 95% of law enforcement in America have never broken laws?? Please cite a source if your that confident in that number

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

When you need them they won't be there for you. Check the web, like Intrepid said in the opening post, negative cop vids/stories are everywhere.

LOL check the web??
The web is why its so prevelant.
People like the ones in this thread with no experience in life other then what they saw on the web.

Been arrested many times and never been beat up....go figure??
Now as a productive citizen,I have had to call them....they were there Mr. Keyboard warrior.
Go surf the web some more....it might help your ignorance.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Trubl

Yes that's my opinion and do you have proof that 95% of law enforcement in America have never broken laws?? Please cite a source if your that confident in that number

That's impossible to prove. Unknowable. Please show YOUR sources that a "given number" have been CONVICTED of crimes. Those ARE provable. You will have to know how many cops there are though, as I pointed out in my last post. Do you know how many there are?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Do you even know how many cops there are in just the States?

I can take a guess that there are more idiotic citizens then there are bad cops.
Those same citizens create the myth that all cops are bad.
Sometimes,I think its the idiots that create the bad cops....everyone has a breaking point in a sea of stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join