It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Positive Look at Cops.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

intrepid
This isn't going to be popular with some here. We are used to police abusing their authority. Bastards. Seems like it's all we ever hear now. Actually check it. Easy to find "bad cop" content on Google. "Cops doing amazing things"? It's there but you have to amend your search as it seems like EVERYONE is on the "get the cops" bandwagon. I'm taking a different tack with this. Check it:

A full police funeral is set to be held next week for a Toronto officer who died from injuries he suffered in a crash over the weekend.

Const. John Zivcic was responding to an emergency call about an impaired driver late Saturday afternoon when his vehicle collided with another car in the city's west end.

He was rushed to hospital and had several operations over the weekend, but he ultimately died of his injuries early Monday afternoon, surrounded by family.
*********A like story, the cop speeding to hospital to see an ill relative. Speeding, hit a civilian car turning onto the highway and killed the driver, the cop was not harmed, just scrapes and scratches. Yes, I know the party personally.********

toronto.ctvnews.ca...

Now I'm sure there will be the initial knee jerk from those that hate the police and say, "Dude shouldn't have been speeding." Why was he? Emergency call about a drunk driver. His intent was to get a hazard off the streets and he lost his life. For the public.

I would like anyone that wishes to post "news" stories, online, not hearsay, of the good work that cops do. There's plenty of negative threads for those that still want to crap on cops. Feel free to add them.

edit on 5-12-2013 by Plotus because: where's my post ?

edit on 5-12-2013 by Plotus because: a wacky way of doing a quote..????

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ok I never claimed a given number of convicted officers nor the number of officers that actually hold their sworn oaths.

I'm not trying to argue the fact that there is in fact a large number of officers that do not break the law. But on a related topic how many law enforcement officers do you think have gotten away with so much crime?

It's time to deny ignorance and get over the fact that everything is not as it seems and the good guys sometimes do cause great harm to those they are sworn to protect.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

There is a single guy in my hometown that is "the drug kingpin". He is the source of everything short of the designer stuff and meth. He has been in this position as the "kingpin" since the mid 90's when massive raids imprisoned the other families (there were 3 other families back then that all shared the market with this guy and his family). At the same time as those other families all getting locked up (they delivered about 60 indictments at once), the 2 local representatives on the drug task force were demoted for being dirty. 1 was put in witness protection to keep him safe from the cartels, the other was demoted and sent to rehab.

Which brings up another interesting point: why are cops forgiven when doing drugs while undercover? He was the frist, or the last, in our town with that problem.

But back to the local kingpin. For the last 20+ years he has lived next door to a deputy for the local sheriff.

To me, it seems obvious what happened.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's an excellent point and I am also a Texas resident and have heard and witnessed these type of stories first hand. When does the line get drawn with law enforcement? Is a slap on the wrist always an acceptable punishment when it comes to law enforcement?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here is a positive cop story to add to the thread. This is not a thread that I would normally contribute to, but this is a good story.

Riot Police in Thailand laid down their shields and helmets.

I hope it's true, I'm not much of a fact checker type.

www.dnaindia.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If some of you quit seeing the police as COPS, and see them as your neighbors you might think differently. I definitely don't like all my neighbors, some are A$$holes, some couldn't be nicer. My experiences with the police seem to reflect the same. I had one small town Sheriffs Deputy pull me over speeding in a VERY rural area, to warn me to watch out for deer, most pleasant experience with the police I've had. I've also had the Police come into my home for a bogus warrant by an angry ex, and one of those officers was so bad his partner was apologizing for him. He told me I watch too much TV when I asked to see the warrant, and that he didn't have to show me anything. People just have to realize there will always be a few bad apples, and if you don't (like the internet meme says) YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EverydayInVA

Ok while I see your point as being valid in the sense you live in a rural community city cops are way different. Which is why you see more of the crime and corruption coming from the city not the "country".

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I've never been arrested, because I'm not a criminal. Every ticket I've ever gotten has been frivolous, and every encounter I've ever had with a cop in any other situation has been anywhere from annoying to downright terrifying.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
well now that unemployment is gone on jan 1st 2014 i suppose the police will have alot on their hands this summer.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

liquidsmoke206
reply to post by yeahright

I've never been arrested, because I'm not a criminal. Every ticket I've ever gotten has been frivolous, and every encounter I've ever had with a cop in any other situation has been anywhere from annoying to downright terrifying.

thats what all the guilty say and say it in jail. I'm innocent.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Of course it has

The problem is that there are ALWAYS 3 sides to any story

The police side
Your side and
The Truth

If all your interactions were, to quote you, TERRIFYING.. You should check out these possible causes

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acousticophobia- Fear of noise.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances.
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
Amaxophobia- Fear of riding in a car.
Ambulophobia- Fear of walking.
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love.
Philosophobia- Fear of philosophy.

More at the link
Phobia List

I've heard the same type of hyperbole from different people all over the world only to eventually come to them, hold them while they cried and try to solve their problem

I feel for you probably for reasons you have no idea of

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I know your type....thats also why I am happy this thread was made.
Thank you Intrepid.

My opinions about this topic are personal....I have had experience as both the guy in cuffs as well as the guy needing some cuffs to show up.
Police are people...its simple,have no fear.

Got pulled over this summer on my motorcycle....the whole stop lasted maybe a minute and we both left chuckling.......how scared was i???
Not a bit even though I was in the wrong.
edit on 5-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'll pile on...

This is one of my favorite sites: Positive Pics

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.youtu.be... This one is innocent too. Unemployment to a theater near U.
edit on 5-12-2013 by cloaked4u because: Does not work go to youtube and enter guy pounds on window let me in.
edit on 5-12-2013 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

yes that's precisely what I'm saying.
I'll be asking help from forensics experts and detectives, people who actually solve crimes. Police are nothing more than glorified secretaries on power trips out collecting revenue in way that is more or less criminal by most people's moral standards, it's disgusting. They're entire culture is disgusting, the type of personalities the occupation attracts are disgusting, and the continued support of police by a public who can't see something for what it is...also disgusting.

You've got a better chance of being shot by police than a terrorist. In fact here, I'll even give you a personal account. When I was about 13 or so I remember standing in my kitchen and watching a cop walk right down my driveway gun drawn and aimed directly at my mom. What was she doing? Smoking a cigarette in her own garage. Yea I worry about the safety of people around me, why do think I'm so against the cops. God, people like you are so frustrating. By glorifying the police you just reinforcing very bad behavior by the worst cross section of society to have behaving badly, authority.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
actually happened. Mom hits dad with cast iron frying pan and dad that was drinking a can of beer gets arrested and put in jail for 30 days.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
california arresting people who take camera's into food stores all over cali, lots of cali food stores closing down for some reason, people getting arrested for posting with camera's.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

liquidsmoke206
reply to post by neformore

yes that's precisely what I'm saying.
I'll be asking help from forensics experts and detectives, people who actually solve crimes.

You'll be asking for help from Police forensic experts and detectives - or do you claim to be wealthy enough to employ your own?

God, people like you are so frustrating. By glorifying the police you just reinforcing very bad behavior by the worst cross section of society to have behaving badly, authority.

What's really frustrating is your apprent lack of ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You are blaming the majority for the actions of a very small minority, while displaying a keyboard warrior attitude full of bravado that is - basically - a lie, because if it came down to it most likley you'd be cowering on the floor like everyone else if there was a gunman on the loose with automatic weaponry firing in your direction (and please, spare me the faux reply that you wouldn't because you're some kind of rootin' tootin' gunsling hero) and praying to whatever deity you believe in that the Police take the guy out.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The only problem with having a police force now is that they are not held to superior accountability.
All that is required to solve the "bad cop" issue is accountability. They swear an oath, the receive extraordinary powers and for that instead of being treated with impunity and leniency, punishment for corrupt action should be extreme. Fostering a fraternal environment where everyone covers each other's backs and encourages amoral behavior causes the good people to leave and the bad ones to flood in.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I want more information regarding the accident before I weigh in either way. That being said, any loss of life is tragic.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join