It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface

I'm gay.

Thread closed.
Fair enough. I still implore you to seek help for your downward spiral mentality. If you dont get some help, things are going to end badly.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

Heh... it's the quiet ones they have to watch out for... (heavy, slow breathing)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiAcPeSa2A6M

Well, I think you should just end it.
You just re-confirm my belief that you can't help those who won't help themselves.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. No wonder why your having issues with women. Jesus!!

I agreed with your first original post to a degree, but after conversing with you more, your just a weakling that feels sorry for himself and refuses to do anything about it.
I don't feel sorry for you, not at all.

Maybe you should get stricken down with cancer and given a short time to live, then maybe you would change your tune.

I have to disagree with your first line, but agree with all the rest. I didn't become Alpha till I was 30 years old, before that I was lamenting but also working on myself.

Its true, you can't help those who don't want to help themselves. However, it isn't the OP's fault either because everyone is a victim under this system of control. Society has its way to program people this way and feel inferior, and alot of negative programings actually come from the T.V.

Information gets recorded inside the subconcious mind and the subconcious dictates what we do. A simple way around this is through affirmations.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
All women are different. Some prefer the quiet male because he seems more into his self. More of a thinking type. Kind of mysterious, and intriguing. Plus the chase is more likley, if you act like you don't notice her. Guess what the number one compliment you can get from a woman? You are a great listener. Few males ever hear those words spoken.They were to busy talking.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

"Girls" always go for the bad boys and jerks. "Women" know better.

That said, confidence (not bullying) is going to be responded to more than silence. Women can smell insecurity like a dog smells fear. Confident does NOT equate with arrogance or being a bully. It is simply being sure of yourself.

Well I'm glad I'm an omega male and am looking forward to disappearing from the gene pool.

Or, you can improve your confidence and start getting that which you desire. Which sounds like a better option?

All any of us can offer is advice based on our own experiences. I can say that I've definitely been there, where you are at now. Since then, I've increased my confidence, had many fun experiences, and I eventually married my soulmate and we've been together for over 9 years.

I'm going to make some assumptions, and they may be incorrect. If so, so be it. My guess is that you are young and may not yet have had a full on sexual experience. Nothing wrong with that. IF that is the case, then relax, as after your first, you'll get a HUGE surge of confidence. Up to you to retain that in your head. (and this uses your whole natural selection theory, doesn't it?). It's funny, but one thing I learned, is that you never have more success with the ladies, than when you are in a relationship (because of course, you simply don't care whether or not they are attracted to you, as you have a partner). This same aloofness and confidence shines through and is attractive to them.

(Doesn't mean you have to act on it, I didn't, but just the same, I recognized it was there). I can honestly say I never cheated on a gal. I've been involved in some fun with two or more gals, but that was all parties consensual, so no cheating.
Getting back on track though....

If this isn't the case, and you have experience under your belt, then you may just have had some bad relationships to sour your confidence. IF this is the case, then you simply have to accept that this person and you simply weren't meant to be compatibility wise. Don't make it more than it is, and try again. There's a reason sayings like "plenty of fish in the sea" etc., exist. It is because they are true. Also, try just getting to know a girl other than thinking date right off the bat. Many of the best relationships start out as friendships first. Of course, you can always get trapped in the "friend zone" too, but the risk is worth it (and worst case, you have a female friend to bounce ideas off of).
edit on 20-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When I hear female high pitch screaming in the crowd after some incident I absolutely feel women behave like chimps....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You're putting an awful lot of emphasis on what women want. What do YOU want? I think once you start to paint a very clear picture of the type of lady you're truly looking for, your perception of women will cease to be one-dimensional and those types will suddenly start to appear in your life. Sounds like magic, but in reality they were there all along and you just didn't pay attention to them...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

Excellent advice.

I'll bet there are several possibilities right around you, if you just look, and may not be the gals you think of first....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

People who commit suicide are not cowards they have been failed by life.

No. Just... no.

Life did not fail them. Life is not a sentient entity. It cannot "fail" anyone. They failed at life. Did not have what it took.

To say that "life failed" anyone is to say that you are at the mercy of external forces, just being carried along by the tides, unable to fend for yourself or do anything to affect your own existence. A robot, an automaton. It's saying that life, a non-being with no mind, is smarter than the individual.

Such people probably SHOULD cull themselves, and leave more air for the folks able to think for themselves.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I'm going to bookmark this thread. I have a feeling that OP is going to be the next Ted Bundy lol.

It wasn't my intention to reply at all in this thread. But as I read each post I am becoming increasingly more uncomfortable. The tone of the OP's post suggests some serious anger masked by a kind of clinical objectivity. He's completely untouched by debate, reasoning, or logic. I don't know. The whole thing is giving me the willies. The mental image I keep having is a scientist making calm, rational remarks while dissecting something alive.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by RiAcPeSa2A6M

I didn't say anything about not appreciating the sanctity of life which I do however I think human interaction and propagation is based on unfair evolutionarily precepts of survival of the fittest which reduce life to the misery you see all around us. I want a change in human nature so we all become passive and timid and move beyond the confines of false social interaction which belies the inherent cruelty of the human race.

It doesn't have to be this way but all the intolerance of the human race has made it like this and I don't believe in it anymore.

No.

Dogs should be dogs, panthers should be panthers, butterflies should be butterflies, and people should be people. There is no reason that "human nature should change" - humans would no longer be human if it did. What they would be, I don't know, but "human" would not be in the running.

When I realized that I don't fit well with society, I removed myself from the bulk of it. I did not cease to be human, nor did I require that other people cease to be human. That is one of the most selfish, inhuman thoughts I have ever encountered. It's neither your place nor mine to decide for others what they should do or how they should act.

I hate to be the first to break it to you, but this ain't your world, and we aren't all here just for you.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Remember girls/ladies alpha does mean admirable.

All alpha males are inherently bullies because they are competitive and aggressively confident and care only for themselves and their own success and it is this which so attracts women.

The only genuinely 'nice guys' are weak, passive and timid socially awkward omega males like myself.

I have seen "alpha males" make such a hash of things. I don't even care for this alpha, beta, omega classification as it just sounds like social Darwinism. We have had three decades of alpha males yelling expletives into the microphone with the most awful "music." Politics is replete with alpha males getting us into every stupid war possible. The way civilizations are built is to have cautious introspective males who can see every disaster possible before a bridge is built or an engine mounted. A society of young alpha males knows nothing of the wisdom of elders. If you want to see alpha males run amok just look at these failed states where tribal chieftains spill blood over mines and oil wells.

Some of the things these alpha males have to say sound so stupid! I have nothing to worry about as far as work is concerned as I have had to do a lot of repair prompted by the roid rage of some psycho pseudo macho man. Real machismo is quiet and effective competence. Ask any woman who has been help out by a chivalrous male who knew where there was a loose distributor cap, whether she would rather be with a know nothing showboater or an intelligent man who shows strength through his thoughtfulness.
Just make yourself talented and competent. I don't worry about it.
edit on 20-5-2013 by artfuldodger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

But the average to mediocre looking quiet and timid male who is socially awkward will have no opportunity to have a relationship compared to the timid and quiet female because males are expected to always compete for females so all females from the best looking to the mediocre looking can just sit back and wait. The chances of a female ever approaching a quiet, passive and socially awkward male are non existent.

I can prove this wrong. Just a couple nights ago, my wife and I took her 18 year old son to a club that fit his taste in music, etc. He is like you, real quiet, zero confidence, etc. He's a decent looking kid, but he's no Brad Pitt, etc. But, this is where having friends that are gals can help. My wife talked up this very cute gal in her early 20's (turns out she's actually an exotic dancer). My wife did some initial legwork, but this gal was VERY interested in her shy, quiet son, and found the shyness a turn on. I know, she's a heck of a mom, huh? (maybe this is more suited to Smyleegirl's parenting fail thread, hehe...)
Anyhow, the only reason he didn't go home with her is a weird attachment to this old girlfriend of his (who isn't yet 18), that he ended up dumping the next day anyhow (after realizing that she'd never be able to go out and have fun like that). Of course, this was our whole goal, but man, he's kicking himself. He could have been all over that.

EDIT to add: here's a pic of the gal that was all over him. All he had to do was say yes. (is my wife an awesome mom or what?)

edit on 24-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Women are raised to be Bambis so of course they are going to go for douche bags. I love how everyone on here assumes so much without knowing the alternative because we have never seen it. Everything you are as a person is shaped by the way you are raised and the gender roles you are assigned by society. Some women preferring arrogant and disrespectful men came from an experience that made them find that type of disrespect acceptable and welcomed.

Your dad sits on couch and watches T.V. while your mom cooks dinner? You as a child just witnessed douche bag behavior. You are now that much more likely to admire that quality (or lack thereof) in a man later on in life.

Your dad gets up and helps mom do the dishes while you sit on floor sticking a binky in your mouth? May not seem like much but that is an example of male behavior you are seeing as a female child. The list goes on and on.

With that being said I will point out some important things pertaining to self labeled "nice" guys.
-Most of the time you are obsessive, unmotivated, and self important.
-You hit on women that are far better looking than you and ignore the women who are within your league, then wonder why they only go for the "bad boys".
-You sit around and relive all the events with women that did you wrong instead of getting out and meeting average women who may not be supermodels but are nice, like you supposedly are.
-You wait too long to hit on a woman you are attracted to. Want to be a boyfriend instead of a friend? Stop acting like a friend and act like a suitor. If you don't flirt you are leading a woman on as much as you claim she is, except instead of leading her on in a sexual way you are leading her on with the premise of being a good friend.
-You suck in bed. You don't understand the concept of being a nice person yet still a rowdy bed pardner. Many women enjoy spontaneity mixed with romance. "Bad boys" have mastered the art of being "romantic" and aggressively attractive bed pardners. Nothing says romance like flowers and a bra on the ceiling fan in the morning.
-You date girls instead of women. 18 year old girls are still in the mindset of the ridiculous world of high school. Date someone at least 25 and with a job and you will find they have entered the real world more often than not.

There's more but that's just examples.

edit on 20-5-2013 by LadyofGlass because: Because

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So telling someone to commit suicide because of their attitude is acceptable?

Is this what we consider "alpha" characteristics?

Who are you people to know what he has been through? Telling someone they should end their lives because they are not happy does not solve jack #.

If you idiots think you know the answers to your own life that's fine but when someone is on here talking about their problems you never resort to telling someone to go die.

Now, you know who you are, be ashamed you idiots.

To fadedface:

Do you have social anxiety problems? I suggest doing some work such as volunteering for public events, or volunteering for soup kitchens. There are many interesting people you can meet while volunteering and I am sure being very shy you will still make new friends.

edit on 20-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I always felt wallet size is the biggest factor. Most woman want a "financially secure" man who can provide for them and their potential family.
edit on 20-5-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Former "Bad boy" here deciding to weight in. I've been dealing with a rough breakup myself lately and ironically the points of view expressed on this page have helped me out of a rough spot. So thanks guys and gals.

As I said, I'm a former "Bad boy" I was a street youth, I ran with gangs, I fought for money, I dealt drugs.... You get the idea. A few years later I mellowed out and became one of the good guys and I haven't seen any kind of drop in my dating popularity. To the contrary, only difference now is that I enjoy longer and much more enjoyable relationships.

Have you ever seen the episode of "Big Bang Theory" where Penny goes on a date with a jock and Leonerd gets all upset and starts whining in the same fashion the OP is until Sheldon points out that Leonerd never actually asked her out ? I think the OP has the same problem.

CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING. I've heard the "Nice Guys finish last" excuse 100 times before. Lets be honest here. 3/4 of the time, the alphamale gets the girl because he has the confidence to ask the girl out long before a shy guy works up the nerve to even consider it.

The solution is relatively simple. If you like a girl just suck it up and ask her out. You've got a 50/50 shot, if you keep playing the odds, you'll eventually win.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiAcPeSa2A6M

Well, I think you should just end it.
You just re-confirm my belief that you can't help those who won't help themselves.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. No wonder why your having issues with women. Jesus!!

I agreed with your first original post to a degree, but after conversing with you more, your just a weakling that feels sorry for himself and refuses to do anything about it.
I don't feel sorry for you, not at all.

Maybe you should get stricken down with cancer and given a short time to live, then maybe you would change your tune.

No, no, no, no!

This is a young man with deep seated insecurities, and you're telling him "to end it?" From what I've read in this thread, he's extremely emotionally despondent. People who are in emotional extremes rarely use good judgement and are apt to make snap decisions.

Telling him to committ suicide is reprehensible. What would you feel if you discovered he did exactly that?

It's frustrating, I know...but try a little more empathy.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This is life my friend. Young women do seem to go for the arrogant types, it's fun for a few years I imagine and sure, the Quiet Guys get thrown on the scrap-heap.

Only when those women mature themselves they discover they were only trying to make their parents mad in an effort to take notice of them, and they start going after 'Nice' Alpha Males, the sort of guys with a steady income and father potential, none to very short criminal record and a reasonable Christmas bonus. So they go along with this and they're happy for a few years.. They both put on 100lbs and get tired of the same old routine, arguments set in and divorce follows.

They then reach their mid-thirties and they discover there is another breed of male that passed them by - The Quiet Alpha Male - This requires you to just be cool, do your own thing and seldom say a word, but look at her every day like you want to destroy her (in a good way), be her friend and her master in equal measures. Provide for her but don't make a song and dance about it. This is pretty much what most women want.
edit on 20/5/13 by Ramcheck because: fixed quotes

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Never heard so much crap in my life..

You're looking in the wrong places as is any male who thinks the bad boys get all the girls.

Most women like a gentileman, not a rugged, fighting, mean alpha bully. In fact, the bully type turns a lot of woman off.

I don't consider myself an Alpha by any means, tho I am far from a quiet, unintrusive and passive male also. I consider myself somewhere in between, but I'll kick the arse of any so-called Alpha that gets under my skin and put him in his place...lol I'm also not that hard to look at, even for my age, which helps a lot I suppose.

I have never had trouble with women at all, although many of my successes have been while out in the field working. Women seem to be drawn to men in uniform, that do the tough jobs like Firefighting. "I remember one woman admitting to me that "It don't matter what he looks like, when they put that iniform on they al look hot"...

But really, men who think the Alphas are getting all the chicks are delusional and need to get out there and make themselves visible. Do something that makes them think your worth the effort. Volunteer, work with kids (big brother programs), join environmental groups etc.

Women like men who have a goal or appear to be doing something valuble for the community at large.

Honestly, the ones that go for bullying alphas are not worth the effort of trying to impress.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join