It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Confidence is appealing, that is true. However, IMO, overconfidence and arrogance is singularly unattractive.

My husband is the quiet, gentle type. He's not an alpha male by any means, preferring to get along with everyone.

However, I have seen him go "postal" one time, when someone threatened our son. It was not pretty. At the same time, it was gratifying to know that my husband is quite capable of defending us should the need arise.

Personally, I was attracted to the bad boys, but knew enough to realize there's a reason they were called bad boys. As I got older, my attraction to the bad boy stereotype diminished.

As we mature, we realize just how absurd some of our early conceptions really were.

What people tend to forget, is that it is the quite type, thast really are the one to look our for when someone finally steps on he's toe. A lot of the loud mouths out there, really is the ones getting scared when someone stands up to them.
edit on 21-5-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its a well known theory that Women prefer Alpha males for the gene but prefer nice guys for raising them... the hypocrisy is right there. Nice guys get used...

OP, i understand what you are saying, i was very quiet guy in high school, did not get a girl friend, college, i was break out of my shell, but it was still hard to get one to stay.... then i graduated and got a decent job... and i didn't have to try hard.

Girls get socially pressured by other girls into liking these alpha types, and these alpha types abuse that.

Confidence has many faces, is not the same, confidence to approach a girl is not the same as running from a fight.

I was one of the "stand your ground" type of guys in high school, and i had an intimidation effect on many other students due to my height for the age... but when it comes to girls, i curl up in my mind.

However, having a good job and a degree did boost my confidence a little.. i now try to pick women that are not hot but smart.

The hot ones are probably used up by alpha males and smart ones stay away from them, i do not want damaged products.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm the quiet type

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymous1legion

You're probably right, but there are women who say they are absolutely disgusted by "alpha males" and men with muscles, but the majority of those women were all over us.

Bottom line is, you have men and women who sleep around and whose values in relationships is as valuable as the dirt on your shoe. You have to understand that a lot of women are used to the white knight treatment. Some of them have been pursued by men since grade school. Most of the women we came across were driven by lust and the fact that most men don't treat them like we were treating them. I think that's why they continued to speak, text, and see us. Of course those are just flings and not meaningful. Blame for this behavior lies nowhere. You cannot condemn women for doing what we men high five each other for. It's a phase and they will learn sooner or never what is really important in a mate. Naturally, you have to be attracted to the other person, but there needs to be more if it is to last and trust me, love is not enough. A relationship is not a fairy tale it is serious business that effects all levels of a persons life.

To the OP of the thread, who cares what women do and who they see. It's their business. Worry about yourself a keep moving forward.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Don't bother, girls chose which boys to become alpha, they created them themselves, but the intent was impure, so they found out they did not succeed in their attempt and had to suffer for it.

In relationships with these men they need to put so much effort, and then they become depending, and it all get worse and worse and stubborn as they are they would even let the male eat them up. They are completely destroyed by them.

In these relationships the male kills the female or opposite.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Wha....What?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I bet you do like a nice gun, especially a big one. Sorry, I couldn't resist either.

But a certain someone else seems to like his little gun...............just saying ?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Whut?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I find people that say "confidence is everything" to be quite superficial. To any genuine relationship worthy person, confidence should not even be a factor. What really matters is personality, character, and views on life. And of course physical appearance.

If you know people that reject other people because they are not confident, be assured they obviously didn't care about you in the first place. If you care about confidence, you really only care about who other people will see you around with.

"Confidence"... Such a pointless quality when it comes to LOVE.

Confidence has nothing to do with the ability to love something or someone.

CHECK YOSELF! REALITY CHECK!

edit on 21/5/13 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I find people that say "confidence is everything" to be quite superficial. To any genuine relationship worthy person, confidence should not even be a factor. What really matters is personality, character, and views on life. And of course physical appearance.

If you know people that reject other people because they are not confident, be assured they obviously didn't care about you in the first place.

Physical appearance is more important than self-confidence?

Naaaaah.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If you know people that reject other people because they are not confident, be assured they obviously didn't care about you in the first place.

Naaaaah.

To me it absolutely is. Personality and character more important than physical appearance though.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Naaaaah.

To me it absolutely is. Personality and character more important than physical appearance though.

One question, please don't be offended. If you prefer not to answer that's okay.

Are you male or female?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Naaaaah.

One question, please don't be offended. If you prefer not to answer that's okay.

Are you male or female?

Male...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
COME ON DUDE.... Do you like women or not?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You replied to me first

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Naaaaah.

Ok, that is your opinion, or were you the voice of every female, which in fact could've been. Those speaking the truth and those lying actually.

There's also the fact that not all see the same in a person at once, like with Jesus, the world did not recognise Him. Quiet males, as mentioned by previous poster, are confident in the fact others just don't recognise.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Naaaaah.

Ok, that is your opinion, or were you the voice of every female, which in fact could've been. Those speaking the truth and those lying actually.

There's also the fact that not all see the same in a person at once, like with Jesus, the world did not recognise Him. Quiet males, as mentioned by previous poster, are confident in the fact others just don't recognise.

Spot on with that comment.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I finally read what the OP said in his post. OP you have no clue.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join