It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Millitary Codes in our Road Sign?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Well you shuld quit smoking grass in Amsterdam then...
I never saw the things you discribed.

Don�t worry we have in the netherlands grass everywhere not only in amsterdam

And they are really there,
i don�t need to lie, joke or fake this kind of things...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
ja, ik weet ook wel dat je die troep overal kan kopen...

But I never saw a pic that convinced me those signs excist, nor have I ever seen any of them...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Check this out
www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
hey thanks, that's what I needed to see

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   

ja, ik weet ook wel dat je die troep overal kan kopen...

Dat is geen Troep!!! Dat is Mooi!!!!

Anyway respect the plants of the earth!!!

and lexus what a nice joke but this is not a joke, this is serious!! ask somebody that works or did work in the army in europe for more than 6 months...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have seen the stickers on the backs of road signs, whether or not they mean anything, I have no idea, I just thought they were stickers. If you all want "proof" that there are indeed stickers on the backs of certain signs, I can go out later and take some pictures, Don't know if that proves the NWO is using them for directions though.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
uhhh

why did we make an interstate system to begin with?

To provide a bustling infrastructure that which goods could be rapidly transported across the country!!

well kinda, but the main purpose was for the military.

Euro invasion forces? forget about a typical combat scenario. argg the somebodies are here, LETS GO HIDE IN OUR SUPAR SECRET MOUNTAIN RANGE BUNKER!!! BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS AT! OH ITS OK WE CAN LOOK AT THE BACK OF ROAD SIGNS AND FIND IT.

consider rather a different scenario, oh say the west coast is nuked by north korea, or something fun along those lines. i think the website has a good point with the things like school bus centers being used to mass transport the population for some crisis. the # about mass inoculations? maybe but not realistic.

all im saying is they are definitely there for something.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I was in the Army in Europe for about five years. We used maps, compasses, the usual soldier deal. Never taught to stop and look at the back of a sign.

I assume the overlooking of my honest and seemingly simple questions means that there are no answers. Since the "Hidden messages on the backs of roadsigns" idea makes no sense and is totally unnecessary for the military, I'll assume it is totally bogus.

The one way it'd make sense is if the information is new and cannot be updated quick enough on the maps. But if that be the case the inforamtion wouldn't be on the signs already as the situation needing the information would be more fluid.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
In any instance, if this is true or not, we must band together and either remove, or rearrange these stickers for the shear fact that it would be fu......c///k'n funny.

And only then, after the event they were designed for, we could laugh at any military for getting lost or not knowing where they are.

Sure would be funny if it could happen.

But logically, any country with the ability to occupy a foriegn country would obviously have spy satellites and GPS, so whats the point of looking at the back of a road sign.

I am more intriged to what is on the front of the signs to find my way around.

Guys listen to Thomas crowne. It an over used joke that the average grunt cant read a map. (no offence to TC)

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I was in the Army in Europe for about five years. We used maps, compasses, the usual soldier deal. Never taught to stop and look at the back of a sign.

I assume the overlooking of my honest and seemingly simple questions means that there are no answers. Since the "Hidden messages on the backs of roadsigns" idea makes no sense and is totally unnecessary for the military, I'll assume it is totally bogus.

The one way it'd make sense is if the information is new and cannot be updated quick enough on the maps. But if that be the case the inforamtion wouldn't be on the signs already as the situation needing the information would be more fluid.

I didn�t say at any moment that the signs i see everyday are in the back of the sign, basiclly is because they are in front, just below the sign, anyway TC is weird that u have been 5 years, and even in Rammstein u can see outside of the base those signs, are well known in european army, i have friends as i said that had to put those signs on the road, or follow them in case of doubt of where to turn now, u are right with the GPS, and also saying that a grunt can�t read a map usually, or that in the convoys they don�t use the maps, they wait for the first truck with the GPS and they follow...
But anyway rememeber technology wasn�t there always and militars must have a system to recon, or not known facilities and it�s methodes to find it.
I do not lie about those signs, i repeat i see them everyday and we are not talking about stickers, you should inform yourself mate!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Having some background in the military I can say that regardless of how good your GPS, maps, range finders, and compasses, we always had contingency plans. Like I have said, I live about 25-30 miles from Camp Grayling and as you approach the camp there are all kinds of military markers along road (not just tacmars). There are trail markers that lead to tank and gunnery ranges, ammo dump, gernade training grounds, observation points ect.

Lets just say it would be highly doubtful the U.S. Army National Guard relies entirely on GPS alone. GPS has glitches and can be knocked out with EMP weaponry technology. Good GPS operates on satellites and ground transmitters to triangulate a position. If those satellites or transmitters are disabled you have nothing! In a worse case scenario this will probably be the case. I am surprised you guys with military training can't figure this out. There are lots of contingency plans in any operation. Markers are used as confirmation signals, it doesn't take a genius to realize this.

I think those arrows that Cold Anger is talking about are one in the same as the tacmar markers here in the U.S. and I believe his report. (Keep 'em coming Cold Anger!) I have also heard from a reliable source at a major university in South Africa that there are color coded markers on the back of road signs on routes leading to Cape Town. I think this is UN/NATO stuff and is international in scope.

Carrierwave~

Crap filter "ON"

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by Carrierwave]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carrierwave
Having some background in the military I can say that regardless of how good your GPS, maps, range finders, and compasses, we always had contingency plans. Like I have said, I live about 25-30 miles from Camp Grayling and as you approach the camp there are all kinds of military markers along road (not just tacmars). There are trail markers that lead to tank and gunnery ranges, ammo dump, gernade training grounds, observation points ect.

Lets just say it would be highly doubtful the U.S. Army National Guard relies entirely on GPS alone. GPS has glitches and can be knocked out with EMP weaponry technology. Good GPS operates on satellites and ground transmitters to triangulate a position. If those satellites or transmitters are disabled you have nothing! In a worse case scenario this will probably be the case. I am surprised you guys with military training can't figure this out. There are lots of contingency plans in any operation. Markers are used as confirmation signals, it doesn't take a genius to realize this.

I think those arrows that Cold Anger is talking about are one in the same as the tacmar markers here in the U.S. and I believe his report. (Keep 'em coming Cold Anger!) I have also heard from a reliable source at a major university in South Africa that there are color coded markers on the back of road signs on routes leading to Cape Town. I think this is UN/NATO stuff and is international in scope.

Carrierwave~

Crap filter "ON"

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by Carrierwave]

Thanks mate i see finally somebody with military roads knowledge, don�t know how the system in the US can be, but the arrows are ment to follow certain well known locations and stuff like that.
It�s good to hear that somebody knows them as well.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When did the military start teaching the troops to read the backs of signs?

Anybody else with military experience get trained to do this? I certainly didn't and I spent time in both the regular army and the national guard. Of course it was several years ago and we still used things like maps and compasses and were expected to read to a 12 digit grid coordinance.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That's hysterically funny!

By carefully selecting his "examples," the website owner "proves" the conspiracy he wants to prove. These things exist all over, and the "code" he (and others) think they have uncovered really doesn't exist.

I love that "arrow up" concept. We have them all over the place (and I bet you do, too) -- and they point to the things that are designated in the sign right on top of them. In Florida, they DO point to designated hurricane evacuation routes. Here in Texas, they point to (on I-30, near where I live) the Drivers' License bureau (I just follow the lil' green arrows (the ones that say "drivers' license" on a sign on the pole above them) and end up at the Drivers' license bureau. It's a conspiracy! Another one near my home has a set of binoculars in the sign above it on the pole and if you follow the area it points to -- (GASP) a wildlife viewing area in a local park.

And I can't tell you how many times in different states I've seen signs like the one identified as "Signcodes on arterial M-72, marking turn to above transportation facility" that actually point the way to an airport!

Wow!

As was said, this is silly. The military uses maps, not hard to spot stuff on the reverse of road signs that could be stolen by a prankster next week or knocked over by a 16-wheeler truck.

This is the sort of mind who could find a conspiracy in the "evidence" that the trash in his office vanishes when left overnight. Most of us would suspect that the building has janitors. This guy would suspect the NWO combing his office for secrets.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The only thing that is hysterical is your response. The codes do exist. Whether everything on that website is true is debatable, but I am convinced the markers and many of the arrow configs are coded military signals. I have talked to enough reputable and decorated military people who know about them to believe their reports, plus my own investigations checking this out on the highways and interstates. Not all military are privy to this either.

Your weak reasoning is nullifide for lack of substance and objective study about the subject. Besides being rude and insulting. (A cheap tool often used by those who don't know what they are talking about to win an argument.)

Carrierwave~

Crap filter II "ON"

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You really are convinced they excist aren't you carrierwave??

Byrd couldn't have said it better:

As was said, this is silly. The military uses maps, not hard to spot stuff on the reverse of road signs that could be stolen by a prankster next week or knocked over by a 16-wheeler truck.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You really are convinced they excist aren't you carrierwave??

Byrd couldn't have said it better:

U STILL WITHOUT SEEING THOSE ARROWS IN AMSTERDAM?
i thought u were a man who look for proves, so why the heck u still talking like that?
Means that u didn�t look in the signs to see what i told u weeks ago to check out, anyway BIRD talks about
BACK, or REVERSE, and i said, they are in THE FRONT OF THE SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRONTTTTT!!! FRONTTT!!!!
i wonder where is the military experience, i�d really like to find a forum of militar freaks, and ask them about the metal circles with black arrows in europe, if you still not seeing them zion, go visit a doctor, u might have problems with the vision.

So Zion u have them in your face everyday and u deny their existance, mmmm, what shall we do then?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I live about 10 km from a naval airbase, close to The hague and Amsterdam. I never saw any weird road signs in the area that I live in, nor in Amsterdam...

Anyway...I'm sick and tired of this topic, I will not respond to this crap anymore...

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was an MP for 4 years. IN that time we did countless convoys. Not once did we ever look at the back of road signs for guidance. The Army DOES NOT TRAIN THIS!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There are unfortunately those in the military (not many thank God)) who take an arrogant stance just because of their position, as if nothing passes above them.

To say "the ARMY DOES NOT TRAIN THIS" is presumptuous to say the least! Believe me, there is plenty that the average soldier does know. I know many Army and National Guard people who say this coding is real and I have heard it from state police in emergency management. Why you don't know about it is not the issue. If you are interested enough you will check it out for yourself and I can say you will begin to see it fairly soon once you start.

There was UN Rapid Deployment bill sailing through congress a couple of years ago that would allow UN forces to enter our borders during a national emergency to perform "peacekeeping operations". I believe this is directly connected to these codes on road signs. I will search the link out and post it.

Carrierwave~

Cold Anger, these skeptics are retreating for lack of knowledge. You see it, and I see it. Being right is often your best reward. Thanks for you input, I would be interested in any photos you might have of the arrow codes in your country. Do you have a digital camera?

C.W.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join