It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lifeforms merge into one for first time in a billion years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

if you were PAYING ATTENTION ....
was the day YOU got married.

you are no longer 2 but one.
what GOD has combined cannot be seperated
remember the 2 candles thing? that was it..
but you be gnawing your leg off after just a few years

good luck buddy!
edit on 2-5-2024 by confuzedcitizen because: asdd line

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Soon it will be what's for dinner.

“This system is a new perspective on nitrogen fixation, and it might provide clues into how such an organelle could be engineered into crop plants,” said Dr Coale.

link

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   
When an organism with mitochondria or whatever reproduces, the mitochondria is reproduced automatically, as part of the organism, right? This example doesn’t seem to follow, does it? If the bigger organism that engulfed the other reproduced, the smaller wouldn’t be reproduced as part of the same organism, would it? (Might not have been given the answer in the article.)

(Disclaimer: I’m not a biologist)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm not a scientist, biologist or anything close to those. But when I read the title of this thread I was wondering what "lifeforms" meant because as far as I know technically sperm and egg is alive too and they combine on a regular basis so isn't "for first time in a billion years" just flat out wrong ?

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wait what???
it would have to have babies that are
the same to be a new life form.

This is some thing with a parasite or symbiote !
I have worms!! i am a new life form...........

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My theory on this is that is is BS propaganda for new bioengineered lifeforms that will aid in centralised agricultural processing which is geared towards control of the food supply. The superior nitrogen fixing is clearly an engineered trait, and this whole thing does a double whammy in 'proving' evolution to those who don't really understand the science, meaning this entire charade is a coup for the neoliberalist world order which is trying to control everything & everyone in the world for their own profit & comfort. Somehow they will probably try to shoehorn climate change into this complex evolving narrative. Because the only thing that is actually evolving is the controlled narrative folks.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Almanec

This guy isn't making much sense. He's like a Zen Koan crossed with Biden.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: budbayview

At any rate, I read what I could understand and from my perspective this clearly represents design intent.

Bingo bango.

DESIGNED. Bioengineered.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Beesnestbomber

Science isn't for writing to begin with
Most scientists know this.

What?!?

How would they communicate their findings to others - shout really loud out the window?

My God, man...get a grip.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This entire thing is seemingly click bait. It says this happened once and when you click the source it days this is a fourth example, the scientists didn't witness this merge they just found a way to keep this cell alive in the lab and are guessing it's construction is due to a merge. There isn't any factual or evidentiary basis that this cell is a product of two different species merging into one and a review by other scientists suggest it is closer to some slug and how is consumes nutrition than it is to biological fusion.

Still an absolutely fascinating find and if we can learn how this works we could start crispering fixes to our own cells in theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join