It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion on The Dover Demon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Anyone want to talk about 'The Dover Demon'? Teenage imagination? Outright hoax? Mothmans cousin? Alien? A real demon manifesting? A really sick bigfoot? Thoughts?

April of 1977, about 15 miles south of Boston - Multiple teen drivers reported seeing an unidentifiable, alien-like creature with glowing eyes over the course of two days. The sightings were near water. No sightings of this are recorded before the incident. None after.

The Dover Demon Mystery Still Puzzles Enthusiasts

And he sees this creature with glowing eyes — like the way an animal's eyes would reflect in your headlights. It's like nothing he'd ever seen and it startled him. He said something and his friends didn't see it, and he literally turned around to go get another look, but it was gone. The reason his fine arts painting life is so relevant is because he went home and he drew what he saw. And like many artists, he understands perspective and size and so on. He didn't have a camera back then, unfortunately, but he had his artistic eye and was able to draw this thing.

That might have been the end of the story, except a few hours later, a kid named John Baxter, who was 15 years old at the time, was leaving his girlfriend's house around midnight, about one mile away on Miller Hill Road, and he saw a creature. At first he thought it was a neighborhood kid sneaking around at night, but when he got a little closer, he saw this strange kind of bulbous head, these long, spindly arms and fingers, and then it just scurried off into the woods. He went home and also drew what he saw. Then the following night, a girl named Abby Brabham, also 15, was out driving with her boyfriend and she saw a creature that just at first they described as something like a naked kid, but realized it was like nothing they'd seen before.

The Dover Demon

17-year-old William "Bill" Bartlett claimed that while driving on April 21, 1977, he saw an alien-like creature "with tendril-like fingers" and glowing eyes on top of a broken stone wall on Farm Street in Dover, Massachusetts. 15-year-old John Baxter reported seeing a similar creature on Miller Hill Road the same evening. Another 15-year-old, Abby Brabham, claimed to have seen the creature the following night on Springdale Avenue.[1]

The teenagers all drew sketches of the alleged creature. Bartlett wrote on his sketch, "I, Bill Bartlett, swear on a stack of Bibles that I saw this creature."[1] According to a local news report, "the locations of the sightings, plotted on a map, lay in a straight line over 2 miles [3.2 km]".[1] The sightings were not made public until the first half of May.[2] At that time, a local "investigator of unexplained phenomenon" noted similarities to creatures in the Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter of 1955.[2] While no witness reported seeing a UFO, the sightings were also investigated by the Mutual UFO Network and associated groups, given the descriptions of the creature.[3]

Boston.Com

On April 21, 1977, Bartlett, then 17, was driving along Farm Street at around 10 p.m. when, he said, he saw the creature atop a broken stone wall. Two hours later, according to news accounts from that time, John Baxter, 15, was walking home from his girlfriend’s house when he got within 15 feet of the creature along a creek in a heavily wooded area along Miller Hill Road.

At midnight the next night, Abby Brabham, 15, was driving home with her boyfriend when she spotted the creature sitting upright on Springdale Avenue.

A drawing made by Baxter showed a humanoid figure with large eyes standing by a tree. Bartlett’s large-eyed creature crawled with tendril-like fingers across a stone wall. ‘‘I, Bill Bartlett, swear on a stack of Bible’s that I saw this creature,’’ he wrote on the sketch. The locations of the sightings, plotted on a map, lay in a straight line over 2Æ miles. All the sightings were made in the vicinity of water.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

so most sigtings were 15 year old kids. That seems suspect in and of itself.

Perhaps some tainted herb going around?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sightings were by teenagers over a two day period.
No sightings before. None since.
It's been almost 50 years now, and they maintain that they saw it.
I don't doubt that they saw something.
Question is .. what?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I once had a really, really solid buzz, and a shadow from a tree, looked a lot like a 25 foot tall evil creature about to attack my house. After a few moments of trying to rationalize my thoughts, I decided maybe it was a shadow. But had I not taken the time to pointificate on it, I'd still swear a giant bad man was going after my house.

Or something else entirely.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I watched this YT video a while back, it covers the story pretty good

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Try telling a bunch of perverted morons ANT isn't a girl's name or butcher the whole lot...
On that note, let's be realistic
How stupid can you be...
Deep breath, look at me
Now
edit on 2-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join