It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me find a music video. Save my sanity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Spent a few hours over last few days searching for a music video I recall from the mid 90s and have had no luck. Its beginning to drive me up the wall and im hoping someone here might be able to narrow it down.

What im sure of -
It would have been 90s, cant have been released post 98 for sure, most likely 93 - 96. Ok not much to go on here...
It was stop motion animation or some 3d cgi (although i suspect it must be stop motion as the cgi was probably too advanced for the time)
The video involved some weird little stickmen type characters that looked a bit like they were made out of twiglets or pepparami.

What I dimly recall and may or may not be 100% -
It was probably a "metal" type band, I recall not really being so into the music but loving the video.
By the same token it could have been an Aphex Twin type electronic music type outfit.
I think it started off with someone going to sleep and the odd little stickmen came out from behind the walls of his house, possibly through mouse holes. Or the camera went into a mouse hole and revealed the littte men in there.
There was some element of grind or drudgery to the little stick mens lives, dragging sacks of stuff over shoulders or perhaps working at a mill/grinding stone. Repeatedly climbing stairs dragging stuff also featured.

Thats about all i have, I was just struck with the artistic style and its always stayed with me till it crossed my mind to look it up the other day. Its not the video for Sober by Tool although the artistic style is very similar in many ways. The rough musical style seems to fit and i checked out as many other official videos by them as i could find but no luck.

I ran this all by my girlfriend and she also recalls the video, confirming the mouseholes and the drudgery part, she thought it was Sober though.

So... as this is a pretty massive forum hopefully someone here will know what the hell im on about and be able to point me to the clip in question

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Beegs

Hi mate is it this? Point Of View By DB Boulvard

link   

edit on 26-5-2012 by cyoshi because: Won't let me delete it!

link   

edit on 26-5-2012 by cyoshi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nope not that, sadly. I can see how you suggested it from my pretty vague recollections.

Im leaning towards it being stop motion animation. The overall tone of the video was a bit dark, slightly disturbing.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Beegs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
How about this www.youtube.com... although the song might be cheesier than you describe!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No not that one, though its a undeniably odd video.
Ill post a link to the Tool Video, Sober , which is NOT the one i seek, however stylistically similar.
www.youtube.com...
When I found the above i thought i must surely be onto the right path but the few others of theres arent the one i recall either.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Beegs

The only video that came to my mind is Sepultura - Ratamahatta,different story,but it was made back in '96.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you can remember any of the lyrics of that song that is associated with that video, you can do a search by lyrics and come up with a name or several names of the song. Then you can search you tube using the name of that song and more than likely will find that video.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit on 26-5-2012 by Paulos because: just noticed someone already suggested tool sober

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Your description sounds a lot like this video - it was originally a short film called "More" - one that I myself had been searching for on and off, and finally found today after reading the original post. Is this what you were looking for?

Even if not, check it out. Pretty cool.

Kenna - Hell Bent

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys thus far but no luck. It was so long ago I cant recall any of the lyrics to the song.

Some pretty cool videos linked nonetheless.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Was it Bedshaped?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No no that one either.

Video was very definitely released in the 90s and after some more thought im gonna say early 90s and it cant have been released post 96. Im guessing it was around 92 or so I saw it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
can you remember what genre of music it was, metal or dance or pop etc?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im gonna go out on a limb and say metal/nu metal or some sort of post grunge. I think I found it a bit noisy for whatever my prevailing taste was at the time. Im pretty sure it was on rotation on some late night MTV/VH1 at the time. However I also recall seeing some cgi Aphex Twin videos around that time on late night MTV so wouldnt rule it out as being some sort of ambient music also.

They were definitely like little pipecleaner men and seemed to have rather monotonous drudgery lives and tasks they carried out.

Really wish I had more to go on. Id perhaps at this stage think it was a bad dream but my girlfriend also recalls seeing the video (long before i knew her i might add).

new topics

top topics

join