It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Furbs and Blackmarketeer, what say you on my previous post regarding Obama's original claims to have been born at Queen's Medical Center?

Anyone have an answer?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is from your article from a Tea Party website :shk:

A private investigator claims employees of the state Department of Health forged three Hawaiian birth certificates for Barack Obama to "screw with birthers."

Takeyuki Irei told WND one document placed the birth at Kapiolani hospital, another at Queens Medical Center and a third in Kenya.

So did this private investigator release pictures of these documents for us to verify his story???

Oh right...he didn't.

Irei said he kept the copy of the Queens document on file until about two months ago when his office was being repainted. The folder holding the birth certificate was among some 20 boxes of old records that were destroyed in the cleanup.

What exactly do you want us to address...a phantom document this person said they had at one time but destroyed???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can't prove that "she is lying". But I can prove that she would have a motive to lie.

She was and still is connected to him as a literary agent. If she said the 1991 bio is true it would ruin her client. So she has a motive to be dishonest. Because she wouldn't be a very good professional representive of Obama's interests if she destroyed him. She could "plead the Fifth" but what would look like?

Also she would not answer questions from Bretbart so they can hardly be called out on journalistic integrity. And notice that she has never countered nor put a retraction to the bio (or even mentioned any retraction) until after the story broke. In fact she could have been contacted by White House staffers in the time between the story broke and her "it was a mistake that I wrote" answer.

So both motive and opportunity to "get the story straight" have been presented.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

If you even read the last two pages back in this thread, you would know that this statement has already been addressed and is worthless.

Of course it is worthless...as is reality to birthers. Like I said...enjoy the "crazy"...it's very tired, even Briebart thought it was nonsense.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Indigo5

Flagging this would in no way indicate that the flagger ascribes to the notion that Obama was born in Kenya.

As has been pointed out myriad times in this thread, it indicates that Obama is a liar/fraudster.

Shouldn't the OP title have been "Obama is a liar/fraudster" then?

Confusing the OP title with what you think it means is raging symptom of birtherism...facts don't matter...feelings do.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

I can't prove that "she is lying". But I can prove that she would have a motive to lie.

I can't prove that you stole a thousand dollars from your neighbor last week, but I can prove you would have a motive to!

Honestly...the malformed logic employed in these threads should be studied by professional psychologists.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Simple indeed, how very apt..........

I am certainly questioning the veracity of a comment regarding a biography written twenty tears ago which included a lot of bios, not just Obamas, and she can recall, that is right, recall after twenty years ago on Obama's bio this specific part as a "fact checking error"

It is preposterous in the extreme and without a time travel machine or a lie detector test I clearly cannot satisfy your weird denier state- common sense calls it hogwash, and questionable at best, but you cling onto it if you wish

How does common sense call it hogwash???

You think 20 years is such a long time that someone wouldn't remember their research???

You admit yourself...you can't prove she is lying...but you just KNOW she is...that is illogical.

The fact is that you already have made up your mind...you aren't looking for facts...you are looking for confirmation of your conclusion.

You do know that you are using backwards logic...right?

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Okubo issued a statement to address that erroneous perception. She stated the record is generated by the hospital itself, and is different from any other form of BC announcment

Well it's obvious isn't it...she lied...because it doesn't confirm Birthers pre-determined conclusion...it must be a lie.

Obama must have paid her off or threatened to kill her.

Yes Birthers...I can read your minds and see into your thoughts.

Well, Okubo, or whoever has her job better get off their rear end and send Arizona SOS an email confirmation or he might not make to that state's ballot.
www.whitehousedossier.com...

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett is threatening to keep President Obama’s name off the state’s ballot in November unless he receives confirmation from Hawaii that it has a valid birth certificate on file for him.

Bennett, who spoke to Arizona radio host Mike Broomhead Thursday, said he requested the confirmation eight weeks ago and has not gotten it. Hawaii, he said, does not have to supply a certified copy of the birth certificate, merely send him an email confirming that it has one.

Wouldn't you think a request from another state's Secretary of State regarding birth records of the POTUS might be a priority?? He has waited 8 weeks with no response. Makes me think somebody doesn't want their head in a noose if the SHTF.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
A 'Fact Checking Error'? Dystel & Goderich Ask Writers to Submit Their Own Bios

Submission guidelines at the Dystel & Goderich website (original emphasis): "[Y]ou should describe in two or three sentences—no more—what the book will be about. This is followed by another brief paragraph on why it is being written and then another on why you are qualified to write it....Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

www.breitbart.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

Dystel's full submission requirements from her website today (original emphasis):

www.dystel.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author.

This is followed by links that serve as Support Material—reviews of previous books, recent articles by and about you from national publications, a schedule of speaking appearances, any national media appearances, etc.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

It looks like some of you could stand to read this post again.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I said the grandparent filed a birth registration form with the Hawaii Dept. of Health, which made it's way into the newspaper with all of the other registrations provided by the Hawaii Health Dept.

They did...I never saw the quotes from them claiming that they did this.

But I'm sure you have it if you are claiming that this is in fact what they did.

May we please see that source for this information???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

the point is there are a number of possible outcomes, but you keep worshipping the emperor without any clothes- throw in a "birther remark" and try and shut down reasonable discussin

There are limitless "possible" outcomes...but sane people don't play the "what if" game...that is something that is reserved for children without logical reasoning.

Logical people take the given facts and make their decision...they don't try to come up with as many possibilities possible that confirm their own pre-determined conclusion.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with advocates of the argument that this "promotional" booklet was only recently concocted as a souvenir. Makes sense considering the hype regarding Obama's birth certificate which may have appealed to an innovative money-maker who saw this as a chance to make

a) some money
b) some publicity

With that said, I am open to the possibility this is real. If it is, and President Obama was born in Kenya versus the United States it would make an interesting precedent for... say a former Austrian movie star to become President.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

They don't care...they have already claimed the author is lying...even though they have no proof.

It's a textbook Birther thread.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

As has been pointed out myriad times in this thread, it indicates that Obama is a liar/fraudster.

I would love for you to lay out the logic that indicates Obama is a liar/fraudster.

Please...only facts...no assumptions or speculations.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's already been posted.

You might want to familiarize yourself with previous comments.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

She was and still is connected to him as a literary agent. If she said the 1991 bio is true it would ruin her client. So she has a motive to be dishonest. Because she wouldn't be a very good professional representive of Obama's interests if she destroyed him. She could "plead the Fifth" but what would look like?

Also she would not answer questions from Bretbart so they can hardly be called out on journalistic integrity. And notice that she has never countered nor put a retraction to the bio (or even mentioned any retraction) until after the story broke. In fact she could have been contacted by White House staffers in the time between the story broke and her "it was a mistake that I wrote" answer.

So both motive and opportunity to "get the story straight" have been presented.

Motive and opportunity isn't proof.

I can give motive as to why she wouldn't lie about this.

For her to come out and admit that she made this error...it damages her reputation as a literary agent because she is admitting she misrepresented her client. Why would someone lie and damage their own reputation and career??? And she did by default admit it was a mistake when she corrected it in 2007 on the website...well before this story. You can't really go back and correct a promotional booklet...and you don't issue a retraction...this isn't a news story.

And no...you can't use "in fact" to speculate on white house staffers "getting to her".

All you have is assumptions and speculation with no facts at all backing you up. She has just as much motive to tell the truth as she does to lie.

Your entire post is devoid of facts...it is all baseless speculation...just like the majority of this thread.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
I'd have to agree with advocates of the argument that this "promotional" booklet was only recently concocted as a souvenir. Makes sense considering the hype regarding Obama's birth certificate which may have appealed to an innovative money-maker who saw this as a chance to make

a) some money
b) some publicity

With that said, I am open to the possibility this is real. If it is, and President Obama was born in Kenya versus the United States it would make an interesting precedent for... say a former Austrian movie star to become President.

This is real. His literary management firm claimed making the mistake:

abcnews.go.com...

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

Nice to have your get out of jail card so available.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by MsAphrodite

I would love for you to lay out the logic that indicates Obama is a liar/fraudster.

Please...only facts...no assumptions or speculations.

Logic?

I think the logic that can easily be pointed out here is that you don't keep up on current events or Obama's history. There's too much proof of lying/fraud by Obama to post here. You have some serious research to do.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I can't prove that you stole a thousand dollars from your neighbor last week, but I can prove you would have a motive to!

Honestly...the malformed logic employed in these threads should be studied by professional psychologists.

The most disturbing thing is that most of the Birthers actually believe they are using solid logic.

Assumptions and baseless speculation is not logic at all...but that doesn't stop them from claiming it is.

I think it is kind of funny that people think motive is a valid substitute for proof.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
No, I do not think the original statement was reviewed extensively. I think it said what it needed to say, and the issuer of the statement afforded the average citizen enough common sense to understand what it meant, as most DO understand what it means. Even people as high up as Joe Biden often speak without Obama's approval, as evidenced by Joe's comment on Same Sex Marriage.

I'm sorry, but if you don't think that the Hawaii Health Director's original statement was reviewed by Obama and his staff before it's release, or if you don't think they intentionally had it worded so not to make a false claim, all hope has been lost on you in your quest for denying ignorance.

More cognitive dissonance from you. Please, PLEASE, direct me you where I said that I don't think he (or a member of his staff) reviewed the statement before release. I will save you the trouble, I didn't say it.

Now, you want me to believe that the Obama camp is worried about making a false claim on a press release.. and then go on to produce a second fully fabricated press release AND doctored Birth Certificates?

Which is it? He doesn't want to lie or he is intentionally lying?

Furbs and Blackmarketeer, what say you on my previous post regarding Obama's original claims to have been born at Queen's Medical Center?

Anyone have an answer?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't bait and switch me.

If you are interested in getting my opinion on this, answer the questions I posted in my last post.

Looks like you're afraid to answer my question.

As you would say, any common Joe would understand this to mean that the original statement was not reviewed extensively by anyone, whether the Hawaii Health Dept. or Obama and his staff.

In my opinion, I think you would be ignorant to believe such a thing.

More distortion, deflection, and simple logical leaps.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that reviewed and reviewed extensively are the same thing. I am not of that opinion. To put this issue to rest, I will simply conclude that it is possible, and maybe even probable that a member of Obama's camp looked it over and thought it was good enough.

I -clearly- stated why I wasn't going to answer your point, and yet you attribute it to some sort of fear on my part. I promise you, when you answer the actualy questions that I asked of you I will gladly move on to the point you want me to discuss. The actual questions I asked are in yellow, since you seemed to answer questions that I didn't actually ask before.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

the point is there are a number of possible outcomes, but you keep worshipping the emperor without any clothes- throw in a "birther remark" and try and shut down reasonable discussin

There are limitless "possible" outcomes...but sane people don't play the "what if" game...that is something that is reserved for children without logical reasoning.

Logical people take the given facts and make their decision...they don't try to come up with as many possibilities possible that confirm their own pre-determined conclusion.

The "what if" game is what the major war colleges do to generate tactics and stategies. Not just reserved for children. 2 dimensional thinking in a 4 dimensional realm will result in shock, surprise, defeat.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join