It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

As already stated in this thread, Obama's grandmother could have filled out a birth registration form with the Hawaii Dept. of Health to ensure U.S. citizenship for her grandson along with any other citizenship. The form did not need to come from a hospital in Hawaii to be published in the newspaper, it just needed to be filed with the Dept. of Health. These registrations could be filed by anyone wanting to claim U.S. citizenship for their child as long as the parent was a citizen themselves and had lived in the U.S. for a specific period of time prior to the form being filed.

For the umpteenth time, it doesn't work that way. Newspapers only run birth announcements furnished by the Health Department, which receive the information directly from the hospital. The general public can't submit that info nor would the paper run it if they did.

Such vital statistics, however, were not sent to the newspapers by the general public but by the Health Department, which received the information directly from hospitals, [Janice] Okubo said.

Here is the COMPLETE transcript of the McRae interview with his paternal grandmother Sarah Obama, that birther's insist claimed he was "born in Kenya", when in fact she said he was born in Hawaii (McRae cut the recording off short so it appeared she was confirming his insistence Obama was born in Mombasa, but she had been attempting to correct him through the interpreter):

McRae: Okay, uh, when I come in December I would like to go by the, the place, the hospital where he is born. Uh, could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa? (Long pause) . . .

Translator: No, no — what? . . . No! Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

McRae: Wh-whereabouts, whereabouts was he born? I, I thought he was born in Kenya.

Translator: No he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

McRae: OK. Do you know whereabouts he was born?

Translator: Huh?

McRae: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was gonna go by and see where he was born. . . .

Translator: Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii.

McRae: OK.

Translator: Yeah, in 1960 this was Hawaii, where his father, his father was also marrying there. This was Hawaii.

McRae: OK. . . . I thought you said she was present. Was she, was, was she, was she able to see him being, being born in, in Hawaii? . . .

Translator: No, no! The, the woman was not present. She was uh not, a what — you see, she was here in Kenya, and Obama was born in America. That is, that’s obvious.

Statement by Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii Dept. of Health:

CHIYOME LEINAALA FUKINO M.D., DIRECTOR, HAWAI’I DEPT. OF HEALTH
Phone: (808) 586-4410
Fax: (808) 586-4444

For Immediate Release: October 31, 2008 08-93

STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai‘i.”

Second statement by Dr. Fukino:

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
News Release

LINDA LINGLE
GOVERNOR

STATEMENT BY HEALTH DIRECTOR CHIYOME FUKINO, M.D.
“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement
or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”

From the then Governor of Hawaii (and a registered Republican to boot):

And so I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health, and we issued a news release at that time saying that the president was, in fact, born at Kapi’olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that’s just a fact. … It’s been established. He was born here.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

You know what is really interesting, do a Google search on Obama + Senate + Hopeful
and just look at all of the titles-Kenyan born was common in the title!

Interesting here, I found an old discussion back in 2009 in The Military Times...
The title - 2004: Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

www.militarytimes.com...

Thread: June 27, 2004: Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

June 27, 2004: Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

Source:
The Standard - Nairobi, Kenya
www.standardmedia.co.ke...

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate
tiny url

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after hismain rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

edit on 18-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

For the umpteenth time, it doesn't work that way. Newspapers only run birth announcements furnished by the Health Department, which receive the information directly from the hospital. The general public can't submit that info nor would the paper run it if they did.

What part did you not understand about my post? Yes, the information came from the Hawaii Health Department. No, the information did not have to come from a hospital, it could come from anyone filing a birth registration with the Health Department. For example, if a child was born at home, instead of in a hospital, it would not eliminate a parent or grandparent's ability to file the birth registration with the Health Dept. in order to make it's way into the newspaper.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Miriam Goderich editor of the text of the bio;

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Breitbart just keeps setting the bar lower and lower on what passes for journalism.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A 'Fact Checking Error'? Dystel & Goderich Ask Writers to Submit Their Own Bios

Submission guidelines at the Dystel & Goderich website (original emphasis): "[Y]ou should describe in two or three sentences—no more—what the book will be about. This is followed by another brief paragraph on why it is being written and then another on why you are qualified to write it....Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

www.breitbart.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

Dystel's full submission requirements from her website today (original emphasis):

www.dystel.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author.

This is followed by links that serve as Support Material—reviews of previous books, recent articles by and about you from national publications, a schedule of speaking appearances, any national media appearances, etc.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Birth announcements printed in the papers come directly from the hospital and are sent to the Hawaii Health Dept. They do not come from some form filled out by the general public. As Okubo said, they are not generated by the general public.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger... classic.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

-- Miriam Goderich

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Statement by Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii Dept. of Health:

CHIYOME LEINAALA FUKINO M.D., DIRECTOR, HAWAI’I DEPT. OF HEALTH
Phone: (808) 586-4410

For Immediate Release: October 31, 2008 08-93

STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai‘i.”

Now, what part of the original statement made by the Health Director confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii?

It doesn't. It only states that his birth records were on file with their department only. This could be an original birth record from anywhere.

With all of the hoopla that was going on over this issue, don't you think the wording of the ORIGINAL statement would be imperative? Don't you think it would be crafted carefully and reviewed over and over before it's release? They knew people wanted them to confirm that the original birth certificate stated he was born in Hawaii, BUT THEY DID NOT. Only after people recognized the worthless statement did the cover up by the Health Dept. begin.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

And who is the messenger you claim I am attacking? I am posting nothing more than facts, quotes directly from the person(s) who spoke them.

You, on the other hand, are refusing any debate by trying to shut down all opposition to your argument.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Why are you conveniently leaving out the follow up statement he made where he makes the point in no uncertain terms? You are showing a level of willful ignorance that should be shameful on your part.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Birth announcements printed in the papers come directly from the hospital and are sent to the Hawaii Health Dept. They do not come from some form filled out by the general public. As Okubo said, they are not generated by the general public.

Was that a Hawaii law in 1961 ?

If so, what is the statute ?

And how hard would it have been to "put the fix in" ?
Especially with the Dunham family connections at the time.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Now, what part of the original statement made by the Health Director confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii?

It doesn't. It only states that his birth records were on file with their department only. These could be copies of birth records from anywhere.

NO. The Hawaii Health Department would not have "copies of birth records from anywhere". They would have BC's from Hawaii ONLY. That would be true of ANY Health Department or Vital Records of ANY state. They would have BC's of births that ONLY happen in their jurisdiction.

The Director of the Hawaii Health Department issued TWO statements that state, in no uncertain terms, that Obama's birth certificate in on record there.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

It doesn't. It only states that his birth records were on file with their department only. These could be copies of birth records from anywhere.

There is a level of cognitive dissonance going on in your post that needs to be addressed more fully than I did in my previous post to you. The bolding in the quotes is mine, for emphasis.

You see, you are claiming that they could be copies from anywhere, but the truth of the matter is that they claim to have the original birth certificates on record. That only happens when you are the issuer of said records. The later follow up statement was made to clarify that point for people that didn't understand that the first time around.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Why are you conveniently leaving out the follow up statement he made where he makes the point in no uncertain terms? You are showing a level of willful ignorance that should be shameful on your part.

I'm just showing that a follow up statement shouldn't have been needed. I have also stated that after the first statement, the cover up began in order to keep people from contacting the department any longer. They would have said anything at this point.

Do you or do you not think that the original statement would have been reviewed extensively before it's release? Don't you think they would have had Obama and his staff review it before it was released to make sure it said everything they wanted people to know? They never would have said a word without Obama's approval and review of their statement.

link   

Political Wire is run by Taegan Goddard, a client of Goderich's agency, Dystel & Goderich.

Goderich's statement fails to explain why the "fact checking error" persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel's website, and through at least four different versions of Obama's biography.

It persisted, in fact, more than two years after Obama became a United States Senator, and until after Obama had declared his campaign for the presidency in 2007.

In addition to the 1991 biography above (#1), here, via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's biography (#2) on the Dystel.com website in June 1998, in which the text has been updated but the birthplace error has been repeated:

Here, again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's updated biography on the Dystel & Goderich website in February 2005 (#3), updated to reflect the fact that Obama had become a U.S. Senator--but not corrected as regards his birthplace:

And here, once again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's biography on the updated Dystel & Goderich website in April 2007 (#4), revealing that the text had been modified slightly--but the birthplace had not:

www.breitbart.com...

I pray the truth prevails.

Four changes throughout the years, to this bio yet the place of birth remains the same,

Who authorized those changes?

A ghost?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by anon72

Hater.

Awesome find (S&F, goes without saying)
I wonder how the Obama-ites are going to spin this?
Same way as they always do...point the finger to ex-presidents and the Republicans
as there is nothing they can say in their defense.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I doesn't matter how many times and ways these facts are presented... The US constitution has been Usurped.
And Those in power and the media will do anything, and everything to see this all the way through .... but to what end? The systematic destruction of the US is by design. Wake up people.

Said once and I will say it again... People here and around the world who still support this phony president and administration will get what is coming to them.. Ignorance in denial

Good always triumphs over evil.

link   

reply to post by MsAphrodite

And who is the messenger you claim I am attacking? I am posting nothing more than facts, quotes directly from the person(s) who spoke them.

You, on the other hand, are refusing any debate by trying to shut down all opposition to your argument.

How completely disingenuous of you. I will quote you here:

TextBreitbart just keeps setting the bar lower and lower on what passes for journalism.

Yes, attacking the messenger you are.

Classic....

link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

"You think she's lying anyway"
I never said that or anything that would imply that. So now you're putting words in my mouth. Good for you.

Like I said I'm all set with corresponding with you though for reasons I've already stated. It's very draining trying to reason with someone like you who at all costs seems to reject logic, reason, etc. and also common sense relating to the importance of being very clear about a president's past, place of birth, etc. because of the power of his position.

If you are questioning her statement...you are saying you don't believe her statement...if you don't believe her statement...you are saying she is lying.

I see you weren't able to provide any examples of my "illogical" behavior either. Here's a hint...someone who is acting illogical...will see their behavior as logical and everyone else as illogical...but when asked to prove that...they will be at a loss.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join