It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Once again, as long as the birth registration form was filed with the Hawaii Dept. of Health, it did not have to come from a hospital. You need to do some of your own research outside this thread on who can and can not file a form with the Hawaii Dept. of Health. You're wasting too much space showing your lack of knowledge on this issue.

Okubo issued a statement to address that erroneous perception. She stated the record is generated by the hospital itself, and is different from any other form of BC announcment:

Such vital statistics, however, were not sent to the newspapers by the general public but by the Health Department, which received the information directly from hospitals, Okubo said.

Birth announcements from the public ran elsewhere in both papers and usually included information such as the newborn’s name, weight and time of birth.

“Take a second and think about that,” wrote Robert Farley of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times’ Pulitzer Prize winning Web site PoliticFact.com on July 1. “In order to phony those notices up, it would have required the complicity of the state Health Department and two independent newspapers — on the off chance this unnamed child might want to one day be president of the United States.”

And who's "wasting too much space showing [their] lack of knowledge on this issue"? Birthers.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Furbs

No, I do not think the original statement was reviewed extensively. I think it said what it needed to say, and the issuer of the statement afforded the average citizen enough common sense to understand what it meant, as most DO understand what it means. Even people as high up as Joe Biden often speak without Obama's approval, as evidenced by Joe's comment on Same Sex Marriage.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: autocorrect!!

I'm sorry, but if you don't think that the Hawaii Health Director's original statement was reviewed by Obama and his staff before it's release, or if you don't think they intentionally had it worded so not to make a false claim, all hope has been lost on you in your quest for denying ignorance.

More cognitive dissonance from you. Please, PLEASE, direct me you where I said that I don't think he (or a member of his staff) reviewed the statement before release. I will save you the trouble, I didn't say it.

Now, you want me to believe that the Obama camp is worried about making a false claim on a press release.. and then go on to produce a second fully fabricated press release AND doctored Birth Certificates?

Which is it? He doesn't want to lie or he is intentionally lying?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
ok I did not read all 44 pages but the focus of the article is not where he was born per se, it was the fact that he used Kenya as his birth place TO PAY FOR COLLEGE.

If he said he was born in Hawaii, he would not be eligible for the grants he used to pay for Harvard, most likely he would have not have been accepted at Harvard in the first place.

He, willingly and knowingly perpetrated FRAUD.

the BIG question is when the FRAUD occurred, in College, or in running for President. either way, he IS a Fraud.

see what you can learn by reading the Entire article..........................

You guys really need to make up your mind.

Was he born in Hawaii and committed fraud to get funds?

Or was he born in Kenya?

You can't have it both ways. So until all of you can come to a consensus...it's really pointless to talk about.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandora0629
I feel very certain that he was given the opportunity to review the bio before it was published. So, in my opinion, he was either not telling the truth then or he is not telling the truth now. Doesn't matter...In the immortal words of Representative Joe Wilson "YOU LIE!"

You FEEL very certain that he reviewed the bio...well how convenient for you.

Well you know what...let's say that I FEEL very certain that he didn't review the bio.

Oh look at that...when we go off what we FEEL instead of facts...we can make anything up.

If you want to claim that he reviewed it...prove it.

We have way to many psychics in this thread.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Furbs and Blackmarketeer, what say you on my previous post regarding Obama's original claims to have been born at Queen's Medical Center?

Anyone have an answer?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Furbs and Blackmarketeer, what say you on my previous post regarding Obama's original claims to have been born at Queen's Medical Center?

Anyone have an answer?

Don't bait and switch me.

If you are interested in getting my opinion on this, answer the questions I posted in my last post.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by blueorder

yeah, in a pamphlet of many bios, she remembers that this particular fact was a "fact checking error" with her assistant.....................20 years later............................seriously, somebody stop these comedians

If you are accusing her of lying...prove it.

It's that simple.

Simple indeed, how very apt..........

I am certainly questioning the veracity of a comment regarding a biography written twenty tears ago which included a lot of bios, not just Obamas, and she can recall, that is right, recall after twenty years ago on Obama's bio this specific part as a "fact checking error"

It is preposterous in the extreme and without a time travel machine or a lie detector test I clearly cannot satisfy your weird denier state- common sense calls it hogwash, and questionable at best, but you cling onto it if you wish
edit on 18-5-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Quit playing ignorant on the birth announcement. I never said the grandparent filed it with the newspaper. I said the grandparent filed a birth registration form with the Hawaii Dept. of Health, which made it's way into the newspaper with all of the other registrations provided by the Hawaii Health Dept.

The fact that you keep posting the same answer over and over again tells me you're trying to confuse and deflect instead of reading all of my posts for what they really said. Slow down and learn to read instead of just being reactionary causing you to fail in understanding and communicating.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

the point is there are a number of possible outcomes, but you keep worshipping the emperor without any clothes- throw in a "birther remark" and try and shut down reasonable discussin

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You know what is really interesting, do a Google search on Obama + Senate + Hopeful
and just look at all of the titles-Kenyan born was common in the title!

And they all link to Birhter sites

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Birth announcements printed in the papers come directly from the hospital and are sent to the Hawaii Health Dept. They do not come from some form filled out by the general public. As Okubo said, they are not generated by the general public.

But ATS members know more than Hawaiian government officials.

You should know that by now...they are experts in all things.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What you fail to understand is that the Hawaii Department of Health would have to have an original or copy of a birth certificate if someone wanted to provide dual citizenship for their child. They don't only have original birth certificates from the state of Hawaii. They would have other documents on file if someone registered for dual citizenship.

So you are saying that the entire Hawaiian government is in on the conspiracy???

Do you honestly believe that???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Anyone have an answer?

Don't bait and switch me.

If you are interested in getting my opinion on this, answer the questions I posted in my last post.

Looks like you're afraid to answer my question.

Here's my answer to your question. Here was the first line of your quote:

No, I do not think the original statement was reviewed extensively.

As you would say, any common Joe would understand this to mean that the original statement was not reviewed extensively by anyone, whether the Hawaii Health Dept. or Obama and his staff.

In my opinion, I think you would be ignorant to believe such a thing.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

people who fear debate and open and reasonable discussion use pathetic demonising terms such as "birther"

Birther is a label for people who question Obama's birth place.

It has no negative connotations unless you apply them yourself.

Why is it that you see "birthers" as demons?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Forgive me for not reading another 50 pages of crazy....but did anyone notice this?

Obama Birther Rumor Debunked As Literary Agent Clarifies Mistake

However, the woman who wrote Obama's biography in the pamphlet said Thursday that she had misidentified Obama's place of birth.

"This was nothing more than a fact-checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time," Miriam Goderich, who worked for the literary agency Acton & Dystel, told Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii."

Or This...Briebart is turning over in his grave

The post on Breitbart.com included a disclaimer, stating that the site's founder Andrew Breitbart, who died earlier this year, never subscribed to birther theories.

"Andrew Breitbart was never a 'Birther,' and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of 'Birtherism,'" read the note. "In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961."

I'll let the 150+ folks who flagged this get back to crazy town now...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Again attacking the messengers instead of the message... classic.

Attacking the messenger does not change the truth of the message.

Who am I attacking?

Do you have anything to add on topic...or are you just going to claim things are "truth" that aren't???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

how is it an "outrageous" claim to point out the possibility of someone who had a father from Kenya being born in Kenya- hardly calling Obama a reptilian now is it?

I think we will never full

When all credible is pointing to him being born in Hawaii...when documentation has been provided...when government officials have confirmed...when court case after court case has been thrown out for having no merit....it is outrageous to continue to make the claim.

Even this "new" information...it was quickly explained as a mistake...but you nor any other Birther will accept that. The very AUTHOR of the bio said it was her mistake...and you just flat out call her a liar.

Admit it...you have already made your conclusion without having any evidence.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

If you even read the last two pages back in this thread, you would know that this statement has already been addressed and is worthless.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Flagging this would in no way indicate that the flagger ascribes to the notion that Obama was born in Kenya.

As has been pointed out myriad times in this thread, it indicates that Obama is a liar/fraudster.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Okubo issued a statement to address that erroneous perception. She stated the record is generated by the hospital itself, and is different from any other form of BC announcment

Well it's obvious isn't it...she lied...because it doesn't confirm Birthers pre-determined conclusion...it must be a lie.

Obama must have paid her off or threatened to kill her.

Yes Birthers...I can read your minds and see into your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join