It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
I'd have to agree with advocates of the argument that this "promotional" booklet was only recently concocted as a souvenir. Makes sense considering the hype regarding Obama's birth certificate which may have appealed to an innovative money-maker who saw this as a chance to make

a) some money
b) some publicity

With that said, I am open to the possibility this is real. If it is, and President Obama was born in Kenya versus the United States it would make an interesting precedent for... say a former Austrian movie star to become President.

This is real. His literary management firm claimed making the mistake:

abcnews.go.com...

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

Nice to have your get out of jail card so available.

This will only further conspiracy theories regarding America's first "African-American" President. Bad timing as it's 2012 and he's running for re-election.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

More assumptions and speculation.

And no..I don't think eight weeks is a long time for a non-standard request. And this is definately not a standard request that is made routinely where they have an existing process in place to take the request and move it through quickly.

I am willing to bet Obama will be on every state ballot for the general election.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

That shows the current process for submitting a bio to the WEBSITE.

Wow...do you really not understand the difference???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you know it has already been posted and you know where it is...please re-post it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can't prove that "she is lying". But I can prove that she would have a motive to lie.

I can't prove that you stole a thousand dollars from your neighbor last week, but I can prove you would have a motive to!

Honestly...the malformed logic employed in these threads should be studied by professional psychologists.

The most disturbing thing is that most of the Birthers actually believe they are using solid logic.

Assumptions and baseless speculation is not logic at all...but that doesn't stop them from claiming it is.

I think it is kind of funny that people think motive is a valid substitute for proof.

What is even more disturbing about "birthers" is they took the bait. Obama could have been born in the Lincoln bedroom of 1600 PA Ave and if his father is a British citizen at the time of his birth, which is FACT and undeniable, Obama is clearly not a NATURAL BORN citizen. But if he was ALSO actually born in the British colony (at the time of Obamas birth) that later became Kenya, Obama isn't even a legal citizen unless he endured natural citizenship processes.

Just keep the LOCATION of the birth diversion going with all the fireworks so the FACTS don't become forefront.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

yeah, it's amazing what you can learn WHEN YOU READ the Original Article.

I'm not adding anything, I just READ THE ARTICLE...............................

Oh and as far as a "mistake" being made in the Bio, as has been stated, this is very easy to confirm or deny, just find out how many other mistake were made in the other Bio's. sure would be odd if this was the ONLY mistake.

I'm not a Birther, I could not care either way where this Prez was Born, or the last Prez, they are (in my mind) both competing with Carter for worst Prez Ever
edit on 18-5-2012 by thedigirati because: edited as further info has come to light

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Logic?

I think the logic that can easily be pointed out here is that you don't keep up on current events or Obama's history. There's too much proof of lying/fraud by Obama to post here. You have some serious research to do.

You mean like current events of all the Birther court cases that have been thrown out or defeated in court???

I'm asking this member to lay out the logic that the topic of THIS thread (stay on topic) proves he is a liar or a fraudster.

I know I won't get a response...I will get something just like your response...a deflection and no attempt to prove their claim.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Really...can you show me in the Constitution that defines what exactly a "natural born citizen" is???

As with a lot of things in the Constitution...it is up for interpretation because they were not specific about it.

At it's base...the whole Birther movement is a lame attempt to invalidate a legitimate election by the American people. Birthers are more treasonous than they claim Obama is.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
A 'Fact Checking Error'? Dystel & Goderich Ask Writers to Submit Their Own Bios

Submission guidelines at the Dystel & Goderich website (original emphasis): "[Y]ou should describe in two or three sentences—no more—what the book will be about. This is followed by another brief paragraph on why it is being written and then another on why you are qualified to write it....Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

www.breitbart.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

Dystel's full submission requirements from her website today (original emphasis):

www.dystel.com...

Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author.

This is followed by links that serve as Support Material—reviews of previous books, recent articles by and about you from national publications, a schedule of speaking appearances, any national media appearances, etc.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

It looks like some of you could stand to read this post again.

Why do you think they make so many post, they try to bury pertinent information with spam posting.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So if she didn't get Obama's place of birth from Obama, then where did she get it from? Did she get it from his transcripts, his college application, his friends, mother, who? Did she deduce it from the types of scholarships he got?

Since she already knows she didn't get it from him, then it also stands to reason that she knows where she got the information from.

So the real question is, where did she get Kenya as his place of birth from.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Now, you want me to believe that the Obama camp is worried about making a false claim on a press release.. and then go on to produce a second fully fabricated press release AND doctored Birth Certificates?

Which is it? He doesn't want to lie or he is intentionally lying?

By the way, I'm not seeing any of your questions in yellow, but if you are referring to these, my answers are:

Yes, I think Obama's camp was originally worried about making a false claim, hence, the lack of information in the Hawaii Health Director's ORIGINAL statement.

Yes, after the original statement by the Hawaii Health Director lacked information, everyone called them on the carpet for it, insisting that Obama had something to hide.

So, yes, the Hawaii Health Director waited 8 - 10 months to release a new and revised statement. This is where I believe the cover up began. Amazingly enough, it was the governor who added the bit about Obama being born at Kapiolani Medical Center, as the Health Director never made that statement, as the governor suggested that she did.

So, in the beginning, I believe Obama tried everything possible to keep from having to lie, but the only way to cover it up and answer for the original statement was to finally issue a false statement through the Hawaii Department of Health.

If Obama was indeed born in Hawaii, the only thing he can do to cover his tracks now is to issue an official statement as to why he first claimed he was born at Queen's Medical Center instead of Kapiolani Medical Center.

Try finding an article dating back to December 2008, titled

"HOSPITALS IN HAWAII TO OBAMA: YOU WERE NOT BORN HERE!"

As far as I can tell, all traces of this article have been scrubbed or the original removed.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There is a copy and paste on another forum with that title, don't think I can post it here.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Yes, I think Obama's camp was originally worried about making a false claim, hence, the lack of information in the Hawaii Health Director's ORIGINAL statement.

But there WASN'T a lack of information! They said, straight out, that they had his original birth certificate. the -only- way for someplace to have the original information is for THEM to be the register of the information. This is how it works.

As far as your point that you wanted me to address..

It is not cited, the only link on the page goes to a broken website with no information, and nothing is verifiable. What should I be getting out of it? A detective does shoddy work?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The most disturbing thing is that most of the Birthers actually believe they are using solid logic.

Assumptions and baseless speculation is not logic at all...but that doesn't stop them from claiming it is.

I think it is kind of funny that people think motive is a valid substitute for proof.

Yeah, birthers actually believe they are using solid logic.

Why don't you LOOK at an explanation about why his is selective service card pica stamp is whack?
www.youtube.com...

You can only begin to deny ignorance by looking at the truth.

edit on 5/18/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

link   

"If you are questioning her statement...you are saying you don't believe her statement...if you don't believe her statement...you are saying she is lying. " - Outkast Obama defender 24/7

WRONG!!!!! I'm glad to get a clear demonstration of your faulty way of thinking and how you connect dots that aren't there. As I've said many times, I simply want her to explain precisely how she made the fact checking error, not just simply acknowledge the error.

I guess it's okay on this site to misrepresent what other members have said because now you've done this to me twice.

Pretty much every post you've made here has been illogical in that you are trying to downplay the importance and significance of this considering Obama's current position as president. There's your example of your illogical behavior, happy now?

link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Too late, they bought them all...

www.abebooks.com... who%27s+who&x=88&y=6

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentNoise
So if she didn't get Obama's place of birth from Obama, then where did she get it from? Did she get it from his transcripts, his college application, his friends, mother, who? Did she deduce it from the types of scholarships he got?

...the most obvious? That his father, Barack Obama Senior, was from and born in Kenya?

In one corner you have 2 birth certificates, the Hawaii department of health and human services, birth announcements, articles, family, friends, ...including a friend of the OBGYN that delivered him, and a whole TONNAGE of other proof...

And in the other corner you have a 20 year old PR blurb from an assistant to a literary agent who has already explained it was an error.

You really have to want to believe to allow your mind to be that badly abused.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Probably just a spelling error.

Hawaii and Kenya are sometimes spelled the same way in the metric alphabet.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

here's something:

Hospitals in Hawaii to Obama: You Were Not Born Here!

there are links to other stories too.

A. From Hawaii’s official Department of Health, Vital Records webpage: “Amended certificates of birth may be prepared and filed with the Department of Health, as provided by law, for 1) a person born in Hawaii who already has a birth certificate filed with the Department of Health or 2) a person born in a foreign country“ (applies to adopted children).

B. A parent may register an in-state birth in lieu of certification by a hospital of birth under HRS 338-5.

C. Hawaiian law expressly provides for registration of out-of-state births under HRS 338-17.8. A foreign birth presumably would have been recorded by the American consular of the country of birth, and presumably that would be reflected on the Hawaiian birth certificate.

D. Hawaiian law, however, expressly acknowledges that its system is subject to error. See, for example, HRS 338-17.

E. Hawaiian law expressly provides for verification in lieu of certified copy of a birth certificate under HRS 338-14.3.

F. Even the Hawaii Department of Home Lands does not accept a certified copy of a birth certificate as conclusive evidence for its homestead program. From its web site: “In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.”

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

This has been explained to you ad nauseum. Are you having trouble with comprehension? I will attempt, once again, to break this down in its most simple terms for you to understand. First I will start with one simple statement.

This has been explained to you so many times I am starting to think you want to be stupid.
I will attempt once again to break this down into something you can even comprehend.

There was NO need to bring the baby back to the United States to have a birth announcement posted in the paper! ANYONE could have phoned the announcement into the newspaper's newsdesk.

REALITY CHECK: Those announcements were obtained from the hospitals by the newspaper. No relatives asked for any of those announcements. It was something that the paper did.

Can you grasp this very simple concept? You are familiar with a rather old technology called the telephone, right? It exists all over the world. Check into it sometime - it's really very cool.

Can you grasp this very simple concept? It is called reality. Check into it.

You theory is cute but it is wrong. *SNIP*
edit on 18-5-2012 by Skyfloating because: Edited. Civility and Decorum are required at all times on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join