It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm going to bed now but I must state first you seem to be a Troll. You do not attempt to argue my statement but fear not I will monitor this post for a day or two. I certainly welcome any challenge! i don't think you have nearly enough traction for the hill you seem determined to climb.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is how you can use a gun to protect your child!

www.newson6.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Actually I started this thread to get people to thinking beyond the front
page, to looking at motivations and long term planning that is being done.... To get the people to look at WHY they keep trying to ban guns......had nothing to do with safety or saving lives....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The whole thing dude, maybe facepalm wasnt the right word. the actually action was me laughing with my hands covering my face while shaking my head.

I just loved the way you put it

It's going to get me a shiny new foreign-made assault rifle... or machine gun... or rocket launcher.... or whatever he's carrying when I get him isolated and bushwhack him. That, in turn, is going to get more "stuff" for my friends, who shall be fruitful and multiply, radiating the joy outwards.

The image of this in my head was hysterical

Wasnt having a go at ya dude

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?

That's my clear cut answer to all anti-gun liberals.

I'm not even American and I understand this is a RIGHT to all Americans, America without guns would be a major disaster waiting to happen, civil war, mass crime waves, home invasions, etc.

Us Europeans usually do not understand the crime in the US and how vunerable you feel just walking through the streets.

Europe is mostly peaceful, well not in my town though.

If you don't like guns, don't buy one.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

hey you forgot this one reason.com... singlepage.There is a direct correlation between gun ownership and crime. The less guns the more crimes oh and the murder rate really doesn't change.Not to mention people look stupid holding up stores with a cross bow.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

SHILL. You are paid to say these things. I don't even know what your opinion is but I'm pretty sure of that.

And if I'm wrong, you're being brainwashed by someone. Use your own words when you speak

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
On volitile issues such as this one I just wish people would let go their emotions and preconceived notions, take a step back away and look at it again instead of parroting the same old lines over and over...reminds me of a bud,,, always telling me"I vote democrat because my daddy and granddaddy voted democrat" even though the party
THEY voted for so loyally doesn't exist anymore in any sort of fashion they would recognize and, in this incarnation, doesnt,or ever will do, anything for the demographic he belongs to...he is,in fact,voting for his own demise and won't see it,,,,the same with this issue,so many need to look at the arguments again and THINK for once in their lives
edit on 4/5/2012 by Homedawg because: Why not?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lldd182

SHILL. You are paid to say these things. I don't even know what your opinion is but I'm pretty sure of that.

And if I'm wrong, you're being brainwashed by someone. Use your own words when you speak
Huh?every word I type is from my own mind and heart.you don't know me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf

So it is an illusion to believe that you are safer if you have a loaded shotgun pointed at someone that just broke into your house armed with a knife?

Do you have any common sense or do you just read anti-gun literature and vomit it out as often as possible?

I would be curious to know how many home invasions have been stopped by armed citizens.

Most other developed countries dont have guns and in most cases have lower instances of violent crime than America.

Are you aware of this fact or do you just read NRA literature and vomit out the same old tired excuses for gun ownership every chance you get?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Originally posted by lldd182

Huh?every word I type is from my own mind and heart.you don't know me.
Did you even read the opening of the thread ?undestand the thrust ? Of course not .Too much for you I know,.Its ok

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Oh shi- My bad, dawg. Reading comprehension fail. Disregard my post then.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Oh shi- My bad, dawg. Reading comprehension fail. Disregard my post then.
Its all good
Brother ,no foul

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Wow, so the race discussions are out and the gun control stuff is in, huh? You people like to beat dead horses here. How many other similar threads already exist about stuff like this?

I own guns because I like guns. Sometimes, there's nothing better than going to the range and just feeling the recoil of firing a weapon and watching as your bullet makes a hole in a target. Practicing the precision skills of shooting just clears my mind sometimes. It gives me a calm like going out and fishing. I love to shoot. The skill it takes to do it well makes me come back for more.

Not every gun owner wants to have their guns because of protection. I sleep with a large knife by my bed. If someone wants to break in to my house, I would rather ruin their burglary attempt in a more personal manner than just letting my gun do the talking. Needless to say, the robber(s) are going to be carted away to jail with a few fresh orifices. Threaten me and my family and I'll ruin your day. Plain and simple. I'm not going to shoot you, I'm going to make you bleed up close and personal. I own my guns because I generally like the mechanics or guns and the process of shooting them.

Much respect dude

Absolutely nothing wrong with that (apart from the fact you have guns), at least your not in some deluded fantasy world of thinking your safe just because you have a gun or that you wouldnt be safe without one.

Once again do I think guns should be banned yes but my reason for being involved in this thread is to combat the BS that you need one to be safe, being honest I think most people know this and are like yourself but for whatever reason just wont admt it.

Star for you

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
By the time you reshape your philosiphy, it'll be too late.

"An armed socirty is a polite society."

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
On volitile issues such as this one I just wish people would let go their emotions and preconceived notions, take a step back away and look at it again instead of parroting the same old lines over and over...reminds me of a bud,,, always telling me"I vote democrat because my daddy and granddaddy voted democrat" even though the party
THEY voted for so loyally doesn't exist anymore in any sort of fashion they would recognize and, in this incarnation, doesnt,or ever will do, anything for the demographic he belongs to...he is,in fact,voting for his own demise and won't see it,,,,the same with this issue,so many need to look at the arguments again and THINK for once in their lives
edit on 4/5/2012 by Homedawg because: Why not?

There was an odd switch about 40 or 50 years ago. Lets use Obama care for an example 30 years ago the democrats would have been against Obama care.They believed themselves as defender of individual rights and against corporations. The republicans would have been for Obama care saying it makes everyone pay there fair share. But here we are in 2012 and they completely switched sides.

Then there is Democrats when they took power they didnt even want to pretend to work with republicans. Obama said he would bring the parties together before 2008 election. But has been the most partisan president ive ever seen. Even my boy Clinton managed to get the democrats and republicans into the White house to work on balancing budget. Gingrich likes to take credit for this but it was Bill Clinton that got them into the White House then negotiated a budget. You may not like what Clinton did but he understood people and he could get people to do what he wanted. Obama seems to be the exact opposite his budget was sent to the house and not even the democrats would vote for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Before that same switch you mention,democrats were mostly Southern,and republicans mostly Northern based,,,,now look at it.... Almost totally switched ...very odd

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My state has two elected democrats and we are as southern as it gets...The Atty Gen and 1Congressman....EVERYBODY else is a repub,including a majority in both state houses

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laced713
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm going to bed now but I must state first you seem to be a Troll. You do not attempt to argue my statement but fear not I will monitor this post for a day or two. I certainly welcome any challenge! i don't think you have nearly enough traction for the hill you seem determined to climb.

Im not a troll just someone who believes guns are bad, pretty much in line with the rest of the world outside the good ol US of A.

Im trying to argue with about 6 people here so if I havent got to one of your points yet its not because Im ignoring it, unless I am ignoring it because its so stupid I dont feel it deserves a response.

In regards to hill climbing, I know Im not gonna change your mind or vice versa but like you Im determined to let you know my thoughts.
If guns made you safe then America would be one of the safest places on earth yet its not so something is wrong with your logic.

Look forward to hearing back from you

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What's wrong with live and let live?As my thread opener suggests,gun owners have enough problems without non gunners clogging up the landscape with futile(and useless ) arguments that aren't going to change a single gun owners mind.Do you seriously think you will convince a gun
Person to go dispose of their firearms on some philosophical grounds?if you really do, then delusion is an indie ypu need to seek help for.
And if you realize it's futile,you are arguing just to make noise.... Lots more productive things to do....but knock yourself out if you wish.But my opening statement stands true for those who are willing to listen to it.Theres more there than meets the eye.
edit on 4/5/2012 by Homedawg because: Squirrels are rats that live in trees

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join