It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I have traveled extensively in two of my...Jobs. I would not want to be a member of some societies that only the government selected or the warlords or whoever sells enough contraband is the one with the Guns. They dictate their own method of taxation and forced integration of young boys into their little armies.

These young boys quickly by drug use and example...become violent and murderous. That happens when you see your friends...who refuse to join these little armies...have their arms cut off by Machette.

Even in so called Enlightened countries...say countries of the EU....London Police battle in the streets with gangs possessing deadly weapons....with a Baton? What a JOKE!

I feel very safe knowing I can protect myself here in Mass. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Laced713

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! Lets home my future professors are constitutional libertarians as well! As we all should be in America!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Better to have a gun in my hand than a phone. When someone intends to do you harm, they come prepared to act. Why should I be forced by law to be prey for the predators? How is it better to have to call someone with a gun to come help me? I'm going along living my life, work, sleep, pay bills, mind my own business, and suddenly some waste of skin decides to kill/rape me and take my stuff. And I should be expected to have to make a phone call and try to live through it long enough for help to arrive? Why would anyone choose to live like that?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Guns don't make me safe? Really...actually no kidding. I make me safe. Guns are tools, nothing more, nothing less.

I am fully aware, thank you, as are most people...save for some silly individuals, that weapons of any sort are merely a means to an end. Tools that make the job of protection, when used properly, easier and safer for the user. As for the person against whom these tools may be aimed at? If it's reached the point where I feel the need to use these tools against them, my sympathy is limited to the point of non existence.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by nenothtu

The whole thing dude, maybe facepalm wasnt the right word. the actually action was me laughing with my hands covering my face while shaking my head.

I just loved the way you put it

It's going to get me a shiny new foreign-made assault rifle... or machine gun... or rocket launcher.... or whatever he's carrying when I get him isolated and bushwhack him. That, in turn, is going to get more "stuff" for my friends, who shall be fruitful and multiply, radiating the joy outwards.

The image of this in my head was hysterical

Wasnt having a go at ya dude

No problem - glad to give you a giggle! No reason we should all be straight faced and serious all the time - doesn't the House of Lords have that pretty well covered already, anyhow? I wouldn't want to poach on their territory, you know...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?

That's my clear cut answer to all anti-gun liberals.

Just between you and me - and don't tell anyone else here - but I NEED my AK-74... I need it to keep "those guys" from taking away my AK-74!

I mean, how am I supposed to keep them from taking my guns if I don't have a gun to defend them with, y'know?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Trust me they are not Fine as you say, they are helpless, and the new big plan to disarm America is brillant, they are going to use holograms of UFOs stating they want all the citizens to turn in their weapons or they will attack, so get ready.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Actually, I believe the best way to stay "safe" is to avoid putting yourself in situations where you won't be - keeping your eyes open and getting out of Dodge, that sort of thing. the whole "situational awareness" tactic. Some times, however, that's just not an option. There are times when trouble will get right up on you, no matter what you do. At those times, that little cold steel friend might as well be made of gold instead of steel, because it suddenly acquires that sort of value.

Like a beer bottle opener, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I really think that if the 2nd amendment ever was repealed, I would seriously start thinking about moving to Switzerland. I hear they have gotten more restrictive about gun ownership there, but the numbers of guns owned is still one of the highest in the world. I'm not big on wikipedia links, but i think this one is well-balanced. en.wikipedia.org... .

More to the point of this thread would be the crime.
"Police statistics for the year 2006[14] records 34 killings or attempted killings involving firearms, compared to 69 cases involving bladed weapons and 16 cases of unarmed assault. Cases of assault resulting in bodily harm numbered 89 (firearms) and 526 (bladed weapons). As of 2007, Switzerland had a population of about 7,600,000. "
en.wikipedia.org...

So my question is this, why can't the swiss model be used in the USA? (as long as we're messing with laws and all)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamstalker

Trust me they are not Fine as you say, they are helpless, and the new big plan to disarm America is brillant, they are going to use holograms of UFOs stating they want all the citizens to turn in their weapons or they will attack, so get ready.

If I shoot at one, and it doesn't make a "DING!" sound, but the bullet goes straight through it instead, that's pretty much a dead giveaway, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamstalker

Oh yeah,I've heard of that. That's Project blued finish. Sounds effective!

edit on 4/6/12 by Bodaciouschief because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by darn7pins
Happiness is a warm gun
( bang bang shoot shoot )
Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is
(bang bang shoot shoot)

When I hold you in my arms (oh yes)
When I feel my finger on your trigger (oh yes)
I know nobody can do me no harm
Because
happiness is a warm gun, momma
Happiness is a warm gun
-Yes it is.
Happiness is a warm, yes it is...
Gun!
Well don't ya know that happiness is a warm gun, momma? (yeah)

CREDIT TO Lennon–McCartney

I love my guns

That song was about Heroin,

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Then perhaps you shouldn't be so confident that you know what's best for this country?

Frankly, it gets rather old when folks, such as yourself, insist upon thinking they know America better than those of us who've lived here, oh, all our lives.

You get upset, and rightfully so in my humble opinion, when Americans, whether private citizens, or our Govt., stick our noses in your business, how about you have the same courtesy?

The Second amendment allows the common citizen to possess the means by which to, either individually, or as a group, to defend themselves. Whether that's against a criminal bent upon harming him/them, or a tyrannical govt bent upon the same. The moment the Second amendment goes by the wayside, I will truly begin to fear for my country's future. Because the other Constitutional freedoms will begin to follow shortly thereafter. Those that aren't under assault already.

Dont get me wrong if you want to own guns fill your boots I dont care just dont delude yourselves your making you or anyone else safer.

Do I think guns should be banned? Yes
Do I think any of you are gonna change your mind and listen to me? No
But its an open forum Im entitled to my opinion and Im going to deny ignorance when I see it

Simple fact is guns dont make you safe, at best they give you the feeling or illusion of safety

how can u blame death on guns, death will always happen its a part of life grow up and open your mind

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Originally posted by staple Guns Don't Kill People, Just Like Spoons Don't Make people Fat. Hope you don't mind I'm putting that in my signature.

Common sense being spread like a great idea.

edit on 4/6/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

More than any other poster in this thread, I see eye-to-eye with you , sir.
I have taken 14 years of Kendo in my life and have learned to appreciate the discipline of using a deadly weapon responsibly. I don't NEED a firearm to protect my home in a strict sense, I'm far deadlier with my blade and don't have to worry about a bullet flying out the window into the neighbor's. I do however love my guns for much the same reasons. Not to mention skeet shooting is a blast!

Gun control freaks love to paint gun owners and advocates as being overly fearful of what might happen.
Is not wanting to ban guns over similar fears just as irrational? I guess I will never understand the desire to abdicate responsibility for one's own personal safety.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So I read your post this way.

We should all give up guns because people use guns to kill other people.

You do understand that most gun owners won't hurt another person, right?

You do understand that it is mapped in the constitution, right?

You do understand that by making gun laws all you are doing is making innocent people victims with no way to defend themselves, right?

Most importantly. You do understand that America needs no more victimless crimes, right? So far we have seatbelt laws, laws against speech, laws against protest, laws against drugs, and a multitude of other laws that only serve to protect us from ourselves. Now you want me to not only give up protecting me from myself, you want me to give up protecting myself from other people.

Your argument was invalid in the thread title. The whole argument is based on political diatribe that holds no water in a "free" nation.

Hear is the only law we need and everything could be fixed.

Don't make a person(s) a victim, because if you do, you're going to jail.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

i understand homeland secirity just bought 400,000 rounds of ammunition. since they only operate inside the usa, doesnt that mean they purchased the ammo to fire at us?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by badazz
reply to post by Homedawg

i understand homeland secirity just bought 400,000 rounds of ammunition. since they only operate inside the usa, doesnt that mean they purchased the ammo to fire at us?

You are a little off on your numbers. It's 450 MILLION rounds in five years.
Think about that for awhile.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
When I was a kid a man almost killed my mother in front of me on an attempted rape and held a knife to her throat. I live with that vision for over 30 years now. Luckily he got scared when my sister grabbed his arm and beat him in the face, but if my Mom had a gun, he'd be dead and a rapist off the streets.

When I was a young 'street kid' in Los Angeles growing up I had multiple events with guns and knives in a situation...(this was the 1980's and a violent time)

A friend of mine almost got killed at random walking down the wrong street and shot at in the legs and luckily escaped gangsters who want to kill him for no reason.

I was robbed at knife point at 16 and couldn't do a thing.

I've known women killed by men with guns.

I've known people personally who have scars and bullet wounds and were victims.

I've known countless people robbed and their whole lives changes by the trauma of not being able to do anything.

But these are just personal experiences. I find that those that KNOW or have these types of experiences and live in safe gated worlds or suburban areas or have never had a life changing experience like this usually think guns are 'bad'.

Yeah they are, in the hands of the wrong people.

If you've ever known a raped woman or a person with a sliced up face or dead child you might think twice. I literally almost lost my Mother at 6 years old in front of my eyes with a man who didn't care she had two kids in the car and me screaming my head off in the back seeing a blade to my Mom's neck. And that ONE event is enough for me, setting aside all the others.

I don't want criminals and Sociopaths having that edge over me. I think we need MORE guns in the hands of law abiding people, not the criminals.

edit on 6-4-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Im always left stumped by Americans arguments for gun ownership, to me it just seems like idiots want guns to protect themselves from other idiots with guns. Do you seriously not see how all your justifications for gun ownership are self defeating

Anyone who condones the disarming of the population, will continue to do such...until it is they who are brutalised by the police themselves.

That is the only reason why for you, it is still an abstract or theoretical argument. If you are put in a situation where you actually need to fight, and then your tone will change.
edit on 6-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join