It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks there's no use for a gun is an idiot!
Anyone who thinks a gun must always be used is an idiot!
Nuff said?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

the first and second amendments are the most important. the second amendment is important because it helps citizens to protect all of the amendments.

LOL

yeah thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Acquisition of the fallen enemies resources. #1 rule of combat!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by optimus primal

the first and second amendments are the most important. the second amendment is important because it helps citizens to protect all of the amendments.

LOL

yeah thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now

#1 Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

#2 A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Then perhaps you shouldn't be so confident that you know what's best for this country?

Frankly, it gets rather old when folks, such as yourself, insist upon thinking they know America better than those of us who've lived here, oh, all our lives.

You get upset, and rightfully so in my humble opinion, when Americans, whether private citizens, or our Govt., stick our noses in your business, how about you have the same courtesy?

The Second amendment allows the common citizen to possess the means by which to, either individually, or as a group, to defend themselves. Whether that's against a criminal bent upon harming him/them, or a tyrannical govt bent upon the same. The moment the Second amendment goes by the wayside, I will truly begin to fear for my country's future. Because the other Constitutional freedoms will begin to follow shortly thereafter. Those that aren't under assault already.

Dont get me wrong if you want to own guns fill your boots I dont care just dont delude yourselves your making you or anyone else safer.

Do I think guns should be banned? Yes
Do I think any of you are gonna change your mind and listen to me? No
But its an open forum Im entitled to my opinion and Im going to deny ignorance when I see it

Simple fact is guns dont make you safe, at best they give you the feeling or illusion of safety

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Criminals are still going to get their hands on guns. Do you really want the bad guys to be the only ones who have them?

Logic practice: Why would the US not be safer if guns were outlawed?

A. Cocaine and heroin are outlawed and are not domestically produced, and yet they are available in every major US city.

DEA: Drug Trafficking in the United States

The illegal drug market in the United States is one of the most profitable in the world. As such, it attracts the most ruthless, sophisticated, and aggressive drug traffickers. Drug law enforcement agencies face an enormous challenge in protecting the country's borders. Each year, according to the U.S. Customs Service, 60 million people enter the United States on more than 675,000 commercial and private flights. Another 6 million come by sea and 370 million by land. In addition, 116 million vehicles cross the land borders with Canada and Mexico. More than 90,000 merchant and passenger ships dock at U.S. ports. These ships carry more than 9 million shipping containers and 400 million tons of cargo. Another 157,000 smaller vessels visit our many coastal towns. Amid this voluminous trade, drug traffickers conceal coc aine, heroin, marijuana, MDMA, and methamphetamine shipments for distribution in U.S. neighborhoods.

B. This should've had you at A. You failed knucklehead.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

I think you'll pass med school unless your professor is into tyranny or illogical statements!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laced713
reply to post by nenothtu

Acquisition of the fallen enemies resources. #1 rule of combat!

That's the general idea - resupply off the enemy. It not only arms you, it denies those items to him. Two birds, one crossbow bolt. The only twist is in how the "fallen enemy" falls - you don't wait for it to happen naturally, you drop him like an oak in the forest.

I've got a friend here who fought in Bosnia. When the balloon went up, he and two friends, armed only with ill intent, steered one of the opposition into an ally, left him laying, and relieved him of his kit. Those 3 men eventually armed over 4000 people (by radiative propagation), all because of what went down in that one alley one morning.

Hell, if they'd have had a pistol, they might have been able to get two or three that morning!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Then perhaps you shouldn't be so confident that you know what's best for this country?

Frankly, it gets rather old when folks, such as yourself, insist upon thinking they know America better than those of us who've lived here, oh, all our lives.

You get upset, and rightfully so in my humble opinion, when Americans, whether private citizens, or our Govt., stick our noses in your business, how about you have the same courtesy?

The Second amendment allows the common citizen to possess the means by which to, either individually, or as a group, to defend themselves. Whether that's against a criminal bent upon harming him/them, or a tyrannical govt bent upon the same. The moment the Second amendment goes by the wayside, I will truly begin to fear for my country's future. Because the other Constitutional freedoms will begin to follow shortly thereafter. Those that aren't under assault already.

Dont get me wrong if you want to own guns fill your boots I dont care just dont delude yourselves your making you or anyone else safer.

Do I think guns should be banned? Yes
Do I think any of you are gonna change your mind and listen to me? No
But its an open forum Im entitled to my opinion and Im going to deny ignorance when I see it

Simple fact is guns dont make you safe, at best they give you the feeling or illusion of safety

So it is an illusion to believe that you are safer if you have a loaded shotgun pointed at someone that just broke into your house armed with a knife?

Do you have any common sense or do you just read anti-gun literature and vomit it out as often as possible?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Homedawg

"I have to be armed or the government will destroy us."

Not a very persuasive argument in my opinion because plenty of countries citizens are "unarmed" and they seem fine.

But, hey, in America we love guns. They can kill.

Nice display of ignorance... Below is from a flier I put together years ago complete with references to combat such ignorance.... Yeah guns aren't good for anything except establishing preserving and protecting freedom, life, loved ones, and property etc...

Anti-Self-Defense (gun control) & The Mass Extermination Of Peoples

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '1, '2, '3.

1.5 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '4.

13 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. '5.

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '6

100 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '7.

300 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '8, '9.

1 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated." '10.

56 million total, exterminated for lack of self-defense.Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million!

The next time someone talks in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control), ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and EXTERMINATE?" Please pause and reflect on the MASSIVE AMOUNT of lives lost because the means of self defense were deprived these people. Now you may begin to understand why gun owners are prepared to defend the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" with all our might as our Founding Fathers did! This is not idle talk, references are provided. The media is not giving facts, next time they quote statistics supposedly in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control) Ask for references, you will be astonished at the lack there of, and half truths used to support their "Anti Self-Defense" agenda.

End notes
Lethal Laws. By Jay Simkin, Aaron Zelman, & Alan M. Rice. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, P.O. Box 270143, Hartford, WI 53027 (262) 673-9745 et al. '1. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 98. '2. Decree of the Council of People's Commissars, 10 December 1918, reprinted in 4 Decrees of Soviet Power 123 (Moscow 1968), reprinted in Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 123 '3. Id. at 100-04. '4. Id. at 83. '5. Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews 318-20 (1985). '6. Id. at 190. '7. Id. at 229. '8. Id. at 276. '9. Id. at 278. '10. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 315. For more in depth detail visit: www.jpfo.org..., www.jpfo.org...

edit on 5-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You're right. Guns don't make anyone safe. They are inanimate objects. they don't do anything at all except lay there.

Having ready access to them, and the will to employ them in your own defense, now THAT will make you safe!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf

How many forks do you own? I say you only need one fork to eat with. Any more than one and you must have a fork fetish.

Guns come in many different calibers and sizes. The gun that you hunt a squirrel with might not pack enough punch to bring down bigger game. Guns are also an investment. Not only safety-wise but financially as well.
The only people that I know that are against guns are people that have no clue what the world is really like.

I have children to protect. A golf club is not going to deter a home invader or someone intent on harming my family. I live out in the backwoods, but I am a very intelligent person. I know that if bad thngs happen in this world, then at least my family will have protection and a good source of food.

As Ive said before using a gun for hunting is a different kettle of fish to being in the suburbs.
And as Ive said before Mothers all around the world have the same concerns as you yet they somehow manage to get by without guns.

Ive travelled the world and no where is as gun happy as the US, maybe you need to see what the world is like and not just your corner

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You speak truly and speak it well,,,but you may as well go say it to Sarah Brady as to this bunch on ATS.The ones on here who know the truth don't need convincing and the Others,even if something you said started to make sense to them would never admit it,even if they went out the next day and bought a Sig 226 with a couple of spare mags.
But it's fun to try isn't it?
Edit:last Saturday for my birthday my wife bought me a Taurus 605 snubbie 357 for casual everyday carry.got it packed with Glaser silver tips.It is SWEEET.

edit on 4/5/2012 by Homedawg because: Just too many dimocraps around

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laced713

okay publicly announce your address far and wide and that you have no guns or self defense. I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to show up and trade your belongings and even your life for the explanation of why you should be prepared to defend yourself and how law enforcement does not come fast enough. In fact you not even need announce your address if they are lucky and your not they'll find you anyways!

Ok so you obviously own a gun and its gonna keep you safe so how bout you publicly announce your address and tell people what possessions you have coz even if they come you got a gun and they cant hurt you

In a thread full of stupid replies yours was the mostest stupidist

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
The general consensus from that side is that an armed Citizenary is able to resist any tyranny that the government might decide to try.

Yea hows that working out for us?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

there's a flaw to your logic there. If everyone is armed they don't need guns already drawn finger on the trigger. The guy who pulls his gun out with negative intent will easily be recognized as there is no reason for his actions by law abiding citizens and we the people will quickly recognize the individual threat amongst the group and defend us all as a whole. I give you real life example Fort hood edition.cnn.com...
I point out that the criminal was quickly identified and targeted, had there been more armed people in the area he surely would not have gotten as far as he did had there been no one armed in the area he surely would have done much more harm!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

As Ive said before using a gun for hunting is a different kettle of fish to being in the suburbs.
And as Ive said before Mothers all around the world have the same concerns as you yet they somehow manage to get by without guns.

Ive travelled the world and no where is as gun happy as the US, maybe you need to see what the world is like and not just your corner

Really have you been to Darfur Sudan? Maybe you should stop displaying your ignorance. People have an inherent right to self defense and protection by the means of their choosing.

Tell the people who use guns 2.5 million times a year to defend themselves they don't need a gun...

A. Guns save more lives than they take; prevent more injuries than they inflict

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2
* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.3
* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.4
* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.5
* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6 And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."7
* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year.8 Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."
B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime. gunowners.org...

edit on 5-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by Homedawg
The general consensus from that side is that an armed Citizenary is able to resist any tyranny that the government might decide to try.

Yea hows that working out for us?
They sure keep trying awfully hard to take
Them away so some kind of chord must be getting struck

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow, so the race discussions are out and the gun control stuff is in, huh? You people like to beat dead horses here. How many other similar threads already exist about stuff like this?

I own guns because I like guns. Sometimes, there's nothing better than going to the range and just feeling the recoil of firing a weapon and watching as your bullet makes a hole in a target. Practicing the precision skills of shooting just clears my mind sometimes. It gives me a calm like going out and fishing. I love to shoot. The skill it takes to do it well makes me come back for more.

Not every gun owner wants to have their guns because of protection. I sleep with a large knife by my bed. If someone wants to break in to my house, I would rather ruin their burglary attempt in a more personal manner than just letting my gun do the talking. Needless to say, the robber(s) are going to be carted away to jail with a few fresh orifices. Threaten me and my family and I'll ruin your day. Plain and simple. I'm not going to shoot you, I'm going to make you bleed up close and personal. I own my guns because I generally like the mechanics or guns and the process of shooting them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes this family fared very well without a gun:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join