It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The idea of an Armed American Citizenary is drawing more and more attention.Especally in light of some recent high profile shootings made even more public by the media,racial shills and Governmental interference.
Organizations who support Gun Rights For Citizens like the National Rifle Association get their say at every opportunity.
The general consensus from that side is that an armed Citizenary is able to resist any tyranny that the government might decide to try.
True as far as it goes,but it goes much deeper.
An armed citizen is a more confident person.He/she feels they can handle things themselves without asking for help and that confidence carries over into all aspects of their lives,thus making them LESS dependent on the Nanny State of the Liberal Utopia.
The Nanny State Ideal requires the people to be more of the sheeple mindset person,weak,scared, willing to go along with anything in the name of safety and the next guaranteed meal/check/handout.
An armed self confident,self aware citizen hardly fits that mold and that's where all the angst on the part of Central Government comes from.Its also why they will seize and capitalize on any new crisis involving firearms to attack the idea of private gun ownership and the "stand your ground/castle doctrine" type self defense laws as well as the Concealed Carry Permits and the easy availability of all types of firearms,allowing the Armed Citizen his/her choice of what to carry or use.
As the plans for a North American Union/New World Order progress,look for more and more and more assaults on our liberties.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
And yet we still have tyranny.

Oh, I'm not saying we shouldn't continue to be able to bear arms. I'm just saying they found a loophole and established a big, fat fascist tyranny anyway....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

___ made man but Samuel Colt made them equal
..I'll never forget that quote

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
As long as we are able to be equal,the tyranny can get no stronger

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

"I have to be armed or the government will destroy us."

Not a very persuasive argument in my opinion because plenty of countries citizens are "unarmed" and they seem fine.

But, hey, in America we love guns. They can kill.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I always think of Family guy whenever this topic comes up

Im always left stumped by Americans arguments for gun ownership, to me it just seems like idiots want guns to protect themselves from other idiots with guns. Do you seriously not see how all your justifications for gun ownership are self defeating

In every country criminals have access to guns easy enough yet no where else in the world do gun deaths come anywhere near the total that they do in the US.

The whole culture of guns being acceptable needs to change, its no longer the wild west, you no longer need to protect yourself from Indians and cattle rustlers.

Step into the 21st century guys

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If the US gave up the right to bear arms then the US will be prime real-estate for Asia. Some Asians in power believe that the yellow race (native Americans) are of Asian decent and therefore there is a right to claim land.

Fake quote but true nerveless "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Take that away and then what?

Guns Don't Kill People, Just Like Spoons Don't Make people Fat.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If someone else had a gun pointed at you you would change your tune.
If everyone owned a gun it would put us all on equal footing.
How is taking guns away from law abiding citizens and leaving the criminals with them not self-defeating?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns, the biggest being the good 'ol tyrannical government of the USA.

Also, guns don't kill people - people kill people.

Your point is moot OP, until humanity comes together and gets over war and violence the only way to protect yourself is with a firearm or some other form of weaponry. I'm glad guns are legal. People get murdered without guns, if you weren't aware.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
the whole point of the guns is to use them against the tyrannical, but then you end up becoming the tyranny you try to stop.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Don't like people around you having guns? Move out of the country. Weapons are purely for when government tries to take us over so all this stuff about "it's time to change for the better" is a load of crap, they want you to drop the only defense you have against mindless soldiers so there's zero resistance to crap ass ideas like a one world government.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

you are correct we are not in the wild west any more some of you dont think you dont need guns for protection thats fine but it it all depends what kind of area you live in ,i for example live 10 miles from the closest gas station not to mention 15 miles from the closest grocery store i go weeks at a time withought seeing another human other than my family cops cant even find my house do i need a gun to survive? no but it makes things a hell of a lot easier

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Do you not see there is to this day in the 21st century other elements besides " other idiots with guns " where firearms are needed. You seem to believe there is no chance in the world your supermarket will ever not have food in it. You're wrong. I'm going to a job site this monday where everyone wears a side arm because we work at night. When the rattlesnakes are on the move. I am in the 21st and I still need a firearm.

44 mag

Out in woods or at a stream pann'in.

Bear or Bigfoot

Dead bear or Bigfoot.

No 44 mag

Dead man.

I hope this helps.
edit on 5-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I live in a community where the Police Dept. has a program where fathers or mothers and their Sons and Daughters get together once a week for several weeks and teach both the Parents and the Kids everything there is to know about Guns of all types.

This is done so that both the Parents and the Kids understand the dangers and responsibilities of owning or coming across a Gun and the proper way to handle them as well as treat a weapon as if it was loaded whether it is or not.

This program has great sucess and has lowered accidental deaths of both adults and children as they are taught that a Gun is not a toy and once a kid or adult understands how the weapon works as well as how to properly store, maintain, clean, license, load and unload, fire and how the weapons safety is enguaged as well as how each type of Gun can be trigger locked as well as what a both a Kid and an Adult should do when encountering a person improperly handeling or shooting a weapon.

Knowledge is the key to keeping people safe. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

If someone has a gun on me, that's probably not the moment I'm pulling a gun.

A finger pull is way faster than lifting your shirt up and fumbling a 9mm from the side of your waist.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The issue is trust. Do you trust the government to protect you and act in your best interest?

Let's look at the normal American thoughts. Some believe that the government is the nicest thing in the world and will do its best to protect us. Others believe the government is a bunch of corrupted people who works for rich people and screw poor people.

I say the majority of americans believe in the latter (my take, I could be wrong). As Americans, we do not trust the government. Government has unlimited power and resources, what can protect us? Guns.

Let's compare this to Europe. Besides the UK and Germany, Europe is screwed. Greece/italy/etc. Debt crisis but people still cling to the fact that the European government will protect them and do what is best in their interest.

But why don't Americans trust the US government? Because the US government do things that we don't agree; ACTA, Patriotic act, NDAA, FBI, CIA, etc. As americans we see the current government/congress similar to the british rule of the US.

So the whole question is "do you trust the US government to act in your best interest?"

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff...m always left stumped by Americans arguments for gun ownership, to me it just seems like idiots want guns to protect themselves from other idiots with guns. Do you seriously not see how all your justifications for gun ownership are self defeating

In every country criminals have access to guns easy enough yet no where else in the world do gun deaths come anywhere near the total that they do in the US.

Hate to pop your bubble but the countries in Europe with the highest per-capita murder rates (c. 2002-2004] had the lowest gun ownership. In particular, Luxemborg where guns are outright banned had a per-capita murder rate 9 times higher than Germany's.

Table 1: European Gun Ownership and Murder Rates
(rates given are per 100,000 people and in descending order)
Nation | Murder Rate | Rate of Gun Ownership
Russia | 20.54 [2002] | 4,000
Luxembourg | 9.01 [2002] | c. 0
Hungary | 2.22 | [2003] | 2,000
Finland | 1.98 [2004] | 39,000
Sweden | 1.87 [2001] | 24,000
Poland | 1.79 [2003] | 1,500
France | 1.65 [2003] | 30,000
Denmark | 1.21 [2003] | 19,000
Greece | 1.12 [2003] | 11,000
Switzerland | 0.99 [2003] | 16,000
Germany | 0.93 [2003] | 30,000
Norway | 0.81 [2001] | 36,000
Austria | 0.80 [2002] | 17,000
Notes: This table covers all the Continental European nations for which the two data sets given are both available. In every case, we have given the homicide data for 2003 or the closest year thereto because that is the
year of the publication from which the gun ownership data are taken. Gun ownership data comes from GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, SMALL ARMS SURVEY 64 tbl.2.2, 65 tbl.2.3 (2003).
The homicide rate data comes from an annually published report, CANADIAN CENTRE FOR JUSTICE STATISTICS, HOMICIDE IN CANADA, JURISTAT, for the years 2001–2004. Each year’s report gives homicide statistics for a dozen or so foreign nations in a section labeled “Homicide Rates for Selected Countries.” This section of the reports gives no explana‐8. GARY KLECK, TARGETING GUNS: FIREARMS AND THEIR CONTROL 20 (1997) (discussing patterns revealed by studies in the United States). 9. Our assertions as to the legality of handguns are based on COMM’N ON CRIME PREVENTION & CRIM. JUSTICE, U.N. ECON. & SOC. COUNCIL, UNITED NATIONS INTERNATIONAL STUDY ON FIREARMS REGULATION 26, tbl. 2‐1 (1997 draft).

Source (PDF document) from Harvard Law.

Same source:

... “data on firearms
ownership by constabulary area in England,” like data
from the United States, show “a negative correlation,” that is,
“where firearms are most dense violent crime rates are lowest,
and where guns are least dense violent crime rates are highest.”

It's a long read but blows "strict gun control = less crime" out of the water.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by rockintitz

If someone has a gun on me, that's probably not the moment I'm pulling a gun.

A finger pull is way faster than lifting your shirt up and fumbling a 9mm from the side of your waist.

In my best Charlie Chan

Oh youa certany not a stupida man. yes yes very smart.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

How dare you use facts! i should contact a moderator and report you

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083
reply to post by abecedarian

How dare you use facts! i should contact a moderator and report you

Good thing I didn't link to the historical records showing murder rates were lowest in the "wild west" gunslinger towns than they were in the great, hospitable, civilized cities such as "New York" and such.
I don't want to be banned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join