It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

Can you explain to me why the US needs to go to war with Iran when Iran is of no threat to the US?

Of course not! You’re presenting a false premise. No one could possibly believe in disarming Iran if they incorrectly assumed that Iran poses no threat.

Unfortunately Iran DOES pose a threat to the US. Iran just launched a satellite into orbit. The basis for all ICBM (missiles that can cross continents) programs is achieving orbit with a payload. Iran now has the ability to enrich uranium to a level suitable for weapons. Iran also has the ability to significantly disrupt the world’s oil supply, and NOT just the oil they sell. With a nuclear weapon, Iran could also spark WW3 and draw nations around the world into a huge conflict. Iran has demonstrated its sick desire to rid the world of Israelis and Americans…if you haven’t noticed, Iran has been fighting a proxy war against Israel and the US for decades.

You need to look at the reality of the threat Iran poses, bud; your entire thought process will change.
edit on 26-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984
The only reason we should ever go to war is if the United States has been attacked. That's it. We do not go to war to play global police man. We do not go to war to defend another country while we have a blood thirsty drug cartel on our own border. And we don't go to war for "humanitarian" reasons while our own #ing people are sleeping in the street.

Yes let's cut to the chase. Stop the stupidity. Stop the warmongering.

Fear monger much?

Please show me where the US is at war with Iran... You asked me that question, and I gave you an answer. Show me where we are at war.

Also, please answer the questions I posed.

I never said we're at war with Iran. I'm simply trying to wrap my head around why people like yourself are sitting here playing arm chair general attempting to call for a crusade against a country that is of no threat to the United States. The "because Israel should be concerned" garbage is not a valid reason. Explain to me why my tax dollars need to fund a crusade against a country that is of no threat to America while America has a blood thirsty drug cartel on it's border. Explain to me why I should care more about Iran having a nuke than 20% of my country not being able to find a job.
edit on 26-2-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Its simple...

What Iran can build in their backyard, can be brought into our backyard, so what they do in their yard is very much our business. Obama and the Pentagon announced a plan to reduce the US stockpile of nuclear weapons by 80%.

If Iran develops / perfects nuclear weapons, finding a job will be the least of our problems.

If the US recalled all military assets back to the US and shut down all bases over seas, and we minded our own business, we would still be having countries come at us. People need to understand the fact that nations are targeted not because they pose a threat, but simply because of hatred of an idea.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Can you explain to me why the US needs to go to war with Iran when Iran is of no threat to the US?

Of course not! You’re presenting a false premise. No one could possibly believe in disarming Iran if they incorrectly assumed that Iran posed no threat.

Unfortunately Iran DOES pose a threat to the US. Iran just launched a satellite into orbit. The basis for all ICBM (missiles that can cross continents) programs is achieving orbit with a payload. Iran now has the ability to enrich uranium to a level suitable for weapons. Iran also has the ability to significantly disrupt the world’s oil supply, and NOT just the oil they sell. With a nuclear weapon, Iran could also spark WW3 and draw nations around the world into a huge conflict. Iran has demonstrated its sick desire to rid the world of Israelis and Americans…if you haven’t noticed, Iran has been fighting a proxy war against Israel and the US for decades.

You need to look at the reality of the threat Iran poses, bud; your entire thought process will change.

Iran is going to start WW3 now? How about pissing off Russia and China by not leaving Iran alone is going to start WW3? Oil? How about we drill our own oil and stop bowing down to the big oil companies? This war does not concern us. Where has Iran demonstrated a desire to rid the world of anyone? The country hasn't been at war for over a 100 years with anyone.

Now who's fear mongering? Oh the OP... again.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Its simple...

What Iran can build in their backyard, can be brought into our backyard, so what they do in their yard is very much our business. Obama and the Pentagon announced a plan to reduce the US stockpile of nuclear weapons by 80%.

If Iran develops / perfects nuclear weapons, finding a job will be the least of our problems.

What about all the nukes left over from the cold war? What about North Korea? You want to rid the world of Nukes? I'll support that. But it should be done in a diplomatic way not by threatening world wars with countries that don't even have a modern air force.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Russia and China are strong arming Iran into giving them cheap oil.

Russia is backing a cease fire in Syria and will most likely black the latest plan for an air enforced corridor.

People keep coming back with Russia and China will come to Iran / Syria's defense. What you fail to understand is Russia and China will only support those 2 countries so far. Russia and China are not going to drag their countries into a war with NATO to protect 2 countries who are purposely antagonizing the west.

Russia is dead set against a nuclear armed Iran.

What about all the nukes left over from the cold war? What about North Korea? You want to rid the world of Nukes? I'll support that. But it should be done in a diplomatic way not by threatening world wars with countries that don't even have a modern air force.

The Us is reducing our nuke by 80%

North Korea, like Israel, Pakistan and India, are NOT signatories to the NPT. When N. Korea withdrew did you not notice the coverage on their nuke program died off?

Also, and you nailed it, is why should countries who barely have an air force need a nuclear deterrence?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ahmadinejad - His tongue is so forked he could open a wine bottle with it.
The Ayatollah - His ethics would raise eyebrows in the Court of Caligula.

Are your idiotic caricatures of Iranian leaders drawn out of your own experiences or did you learn this from the media? Surely, all you do is propagate ignorance and gossip about people you will never meet in real life. Therefore it is YOU who must be stopped, not Iran. Let's Cut to the Chase. Deny Ignorance.

Here is an example of an ATS thread that stands true to the Terms of ATS.

A Conspiratorial History of Iran, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If the US recalled all military assets back to the US and shut down all bases over seas, and we minded our own business, we would still be having countries come at us. People need to understand the fact that nations are targeted not because they pose a threat, but simply because of hatred of an idea.

Really? They hate us for our freedom? How about they hate us because we invade them and take over their country? How about we fund revolutions to overthrow foreign Governments? Worked well for Egypt. I'm sure they won't be pissed off? How would you like it if China took over a state and told everyone what to do? And if the people didn't listen they were shot or thrown in a cage. Then when you went to war with the nation occupying your country they called you a terrorist?

Yes they hate us for our idea of "freedom". Not because we play world police man and set up bases wherever we want. Couldn't possibly be that.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Maybe because when a country gives up it's nukes (like Libya), it's leader suddenly starts shooting it's own people and needs to "step down".

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Are your idiotic caricatures of Iranian leaders drawn out of your own experiences or did you learn this from the media?

Unfortunatly,the leaders are oppressing its people.And,yes...you can say the same for America at times. Didnt want you to use the "excuse" you were going to use. Because EVERYONE that believes Irans regime is a good regime,ALWAYS points to Americas faults.
edit on 26-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Iran is going to start WW3 now? How about pissing off Russia and China by not leaving Iran alone is going to start WW3? Oil? How about we drill our own oil and stop bowing down to the big oil companies?

The US doesn’t make decisions about its own security and prosperity based on what’s best for Russia or China. Besides, the US doesn’t buy a damn bit of Iranian oil!

The reality is that Iran can disrupt the oil we (and most countries) do buy from Saudi and other places in the area, which can cripple economies. I’m all about energy independence here in the US but we’re years away. In the meantime…………..

This war does not concern us. Where has Iran demonstrated a desire to rid the world of anyone? The country hasn't been at war for over a 100 years with anyone.

Now who's fear mongering? Oh the OP... again.

If you don’t fear the ramifications of a belligerent Iran (and other rogue nations) then you’re the definition of oblivious.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I see 23% is Canada. And look 10% is Mexico.

Alaska isn't "years away". Stop bowing down to big oil and start drilling.

I fear overreaction more than the boogeyman under the bed. Sorry.
edit on 26-2-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Iran can stop (or slow) the oil supply to the US enough to raise oil to $200 per barrel (which means $10 per gallon at the pump) and that’s enough to collapse the US economy.

SO YES, IRAN DOES POSE A THREAT, sir.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Iran can stop (or slow) the oil supply to the US enough to raise oil to $200 per barrel (which means $10 per gallon at the pump) and that’s enough to collapse the US economy.

SO YES, IRAN DOES POSE A THREAT, sir.

It was this part you didn't read.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
At Trinity, Oppenheimer made this note:

====

en.wikipedia.org...

Oppenheimer later recalled that, while witnessing the explosion, he thought of a verse from the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita:

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one ...[7]
Years later he would explain that another verse had also entered his head at that time: namely, the famous verse: "kālo'smi lokakṣayakṛtpravṛddho lokānsamāhartumiha pravṛttaḥ",[109] which he translated as "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."[note 2]

=====

He also knew the Trinity was named after the Babylon Nimrod / Tammuz version of the Trinity about fire and revenge for the god of the Bablon Talmud.

Everyone knows the Zionists and the Israeli were partly behind the JFK hit, with HL Hunt and Louis Bloomfield forcing LBJ into office to ignore the Dimona works that JFK was after inspecting.

Israel has been no friend to the US and the US doesn't need to start a war with Iran to help the Zionists. If Israel wants to blow up Iran, I suggest we in the US sit back and watch the show.

Israel has a rogue nuclear weapons program and that needs to be addressed first, and they need to yield to inspections. I'd bet if the world forced the inspections on rogue nuclear nation of Israel and makes them disarm their nukes that all the other problems end.

Israel needs zero support from the US to do anything with Iran. imho

The US doesn't need to kill any more of their soldiers for this religion mess they created in the Middle East.

Let the Muslem and the Zionists battle it out till the bitter end.

Besides, everyone knows the need for oil is going to drop due to the successes for LENR methods. All this cost of oil will do is force the transistions to LENR.

Israel is and has always been a liabilty to the US and it is more about Rothschild games than any real US interests.

edit on 26-2-2012 by MagnumOpus because: "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."---The Jewish Nuclear Bomb god

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A war with Iran is a REALLY DUMB IDEA!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

One has more to loose over a nuclear bomb
being dropped on their family then they
do to over reaction..

What you just sit back and wait for them
to kill you?

That is what happen with germany
when Hitler came to kill all the jews..

Just as Ahmadinejad has come to kill
all the jews.
edit on 26-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Having

Trouble

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Beating Popsmayhem

To the punch!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Double

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join