It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
Obama = stronger middle class, more american companies, investment in America, end of corruption.

Obama=More of the same.

"We can't bring back every job that's left our shores. But right now, it's getting more expensive to do business in places like China. Meanwhile, America is more productive." Obama

So Mr Obama,why not repeal Most Favored Nation Status?
How about NAFTA,CAFTA?

How about a "New Deal" for America?

Obama has Polarized the Nation.

Period.

And there were those DEMS that called for GWB head, because of the very same thing........

How is this GOOD for Americans?

PRINCETON, NJ -- The historically high gap between partisans' job approval ratings of Barack Obama continued during Obama's third year in office, with an average of 80% of Democrats and 12% of Republicans approving of the job he was doing.

Obama Ratings Historically Polarized Job approval 80% among Democrats, 12% among Republicans

edit on 27-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

He just sent 15000 troops to Kuiwat , must be for a weeks at Club Med. 3 Aircraft Carriers enjoying the Sea air in Hormuz, Thats a Peace President.

Are they in combat? No.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Ever kept a promise you couldn't keep, but wanted to? I have....despite everything in my power not to do so. I'm sorry, i just don't think Obama wants to send people to their death. His recent actions prove to me he wants to get us out of these wars.....no...he's not going to pull out the troops in all the military bases.....but he is pulling troops in combat action home....and that's better than what we will get with a Republican President.

I could never be President. I've read things about Lyndon Johnson...who everyday asked his advisors, "How many of our boys did we lose today?" He was utterly devasted for the loss of life. I can't imagine bearing that burden for the good of our country.

Do you really think he wants to do good if he had the power? So what's your opinion on Obama signing NDAA dismantling the Bill of Rights?
edit on 27-1-2012 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There will not be change unless Ron Paul is elected.
Romney has been bought by the SuperPacs.
Gingrich has no personal values history.
Santorum is really a good guy, and he may get the nomination after all.
I don't care if Ron Paul can win or not, we vote for him to get the Establishment to know that we want REAL change.
If you don't vote for Ron Paul, you will have to live with yourself that you did not stand for what you know to be right. When you tell your grandkids what you did in the Great 2012 Election, you can tell them that you voted for Obama...then try to explain yourself.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
I vote for who I think is the right candidate. I sleep better that way,Regardless if its D,R,or I....At least I can ALWAYS say my convictions stand true. Think about it.

Knowing David as I do, I think I can safely say that he would agree with this completely, as do I. Neither of us are partisan. I vote for who I think is the right candidate, too, regardless of their party. I don't know why you would assume otherwise. David is clearly voting for who he thinks is the right candidate for what's important to him.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So Mr Obama,why not repeal Most Favored Nation Status? How about NAFTA,CAFTA?

Free trade is onlly bad for our country when we trade with slave labor countries. When we trade with countries that pay their employees good wages it's not very harmful to us.

That being said...Obama is still far better on the free trade issue than all other GOP candidates.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Seeing how this election is all about "jobs & the economy," it might help to take a look at the facts regarding President Obama's performance since taking the job. I know that a lot of posters here on ATS hate "facts" almost as much as they do Obama but they are what they are. Here's a graph that shows private sector job growth from Jan. 08, (a year prior to Obama taking office) through May of 2011.

Despite the fact that they credited Jan. 09 to Obama, (something I disagree with, seeing how he wasn't even inaugurated until Jan. 20th.) it is still clearly evident that within 3 months of taking office, Obama began to reverse the trend and get us back into positive job growth, where we remain today. I agree that everyone, including Obama, would love to see it happen faster and stronger but considering the new republican strategy of overwhelming obstructionism, I'm really surprised he got us as far as he has.

I know that there are others who will immediately say that he's growing the size of government in order to accomplish these goals, but the next chart clearly reflects the invalidity of that position.

Beezer pointed it out to me, (when I posted these graphs in another thread) that a lot of the decline in the government jobs sector was probably due to the loss of jobs like teachers, firefighters, police, etc.. and I have to agree. On the other hand, I also know that no one fought harder than President Obama to enact stimulus pkgs. in order to attempt to save as many of those very jobs as possible. So I have to ask myself, what would that graph look like if Obama hadn't been there to save as many as he did? I think the red line would have gone through the floor.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
Obama = stronger middle class, more american companies, investment in America, end of corruption.

GOP = 1%,The wealthy, will be in power, no more middle class, more investment in oversea business, more taxes for the working class, more money for oil companies,no research for green energy, MORE WARS STARTED OVER MONEY AND POWER !!!

So I guess Obama's 8th grade level State of the Union speech actually worked for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by sonnny1

I vote for who I think is the right candidate. I sleep better that way,Regardless if its D,R,or I....At least I can ALWAYS say my convictions stand true. Think about it.

Knowing David as I do, I think I can safely say that he would agree with this completely, as do I. Neither of us are partisan. I vote for who I think is the right candidate, too, regardless of their party. I don't know why you would assume otherwise. David is clearly voting for who he thinks is the right candidate for what's important to him.

I looked at the points he made. I gave counterpoints. I just dont know how ANYONE picks the lessors of 2 EVILS. Are they still not EVIL?

Really?

One point he made was that " WE ARE ALL STILL HERE".

Sorry,but I still stand here,and have seen many Presidents come and go. That isn't a legitimate reason to vote for Obama,and I disagree with that.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Translation: Those cruel, wealth grabbing, war mongering, economy killing, idiotic repubs are not electable!

Why didn't you just write one sentence. I would have read the WHOLE thing then.

I'm just trying to help you write better and more clearly so people actually read what you write.

Obama is just bring with him more taxes, more unnecessary diatribe, and more ruin. This is a warning. The past 4 years are just the start. Obama isn't done putting his face (and fingers) on everything.

Ima voting for Mitt because I think wealthy people are the best of us, not the worst.
edit on 27-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Anakin Skywalker once stepped away from the Force. But he eventually came back.

Stop listening to Emperor Palpatine!

It's never too late.

(sorry, geeked out for a moment)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I looked at the points he made. I gave counterpoints. I just dont know how ANYONE picks the lessors of 2 EVILS. Are they still not EVIL?

Maybe I missed it, but where did David say he was voting for the lesser of 2 evils? What I took away from the OP is that he is voting for the better candidate.

better candidate ≠ lesser of 2 evils

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A vote for Mitt is a vote for continued corporate bank control of the U.S..

Our only hope lies with Obama, however slim it might be.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I see this brought up all the time......

"When President (George W.) Bush was president for those eight years with those tax policies, we lost jobs," Pelosi said. "In fact, more jobs were created in the second year -- that would be last year -- in the private-sector in the Obama administration than in the eight years of the Bush administration. And they want us to repeat those tax cuts at the high end which, again, did not create jobs, but they did deepen the deficit." ~Nancy Pelosi

But we noted at the time that Pelosi had cherry-picked the data, choosing a time frame favorable to Obama. If she'd instead chosen to start from the beginning of Obama's term -- rather than half way through his first two years -- she would have been stuck with a net loss of 3.4 million private-sector jobs, not the increase of 777,000 she came up with for the first eight months of 2010. Pelosi essentially started counting from the low point for jobs and only counted the upward part of the trendline.

Meanwhile, the start and end points she used for Bush give the former president no such break. The jobs picture under Bush looked like an arc, heading generally upward through mid 2007 before heading downward again. If she had used only the upward portion of the arc, as she did for Obama, it would have showed a gain of roughly 4 million private-sector jobs.

but she continues to conveniently ignore the first year of the Obama administration. If you take the entirety of Obama’s term -- January 2009 to August 2011 -- the nation has lost 1.8 million jobs, which is still worse than what happened under Bush.

Nancy Pelosi says jobs increased faster in 2010 than in eight years under Bush

And then this.......Which IS indicative Of Mr. Obama's Policies,or non Policies of getting America back to work.

Another 2.6 million people slipped into poverty in the United States last year, the Census Bureau reported Tuesday, and the number of Americans living below the official poverty line, 46.2 million people, was the highest number in the 52 years the bureau has been publishing figures on it.

Soaring Poverty Casts Spotlight on ‘Lost Decade’

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Maybe you posted the wrong video but I watched it twice and he never said one damn word about bringing any troops home at any time, not it that video!

Regarding GITMO, I too wish that he would talk about why he hasn't accomplished closing that base and I suspect that there are some very sinister reasons behind his failure to do so. I am convinced that Obama has been told that to do so would inevitably bring about the first ever prosecution of a U.S. President and cohorts for crimes against humanity. Namely G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz etc..etc..etc.. Actually, I was looking forward to seeing them prosecuted but I believe that Obama has decided that he'd rather not be the President to do that, for whatever reasons.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This is important, because the GOP establishment needs to realize that voters like you exist. Actually MANY voters like you exist!! We aren't going to just vote for the GOP candidate, just because they march one out there and declare him the anti-Obama.

We will either be voting for a candidate we can actually support, or not voting at all, or actually voting opposite of our conscience just to get the ball rolling on the collapse of this government.

In your case, it seems you think Obama is the lesser of the evils, and I cannot disagree with that. Personally, I've vowed to never vote for the lesser of the evils again, but I'm not knocking your decision.

BUT, what if the GOP did get smart? What if they actually nominated Paul, and put him with a great running mate like Christie? And named a great cabinet with Kucinich, and Huntsman, and maybe Powell?

I'm one of those voters. The GOP claim that liberal voters like me are just cheering on Dr. Paul until it comes time to vote but that's not true. Many of us will hold true to the support and actually vote for Ron Paul if he gets the nomination.

If he doesn't?

Obama all the way. Those other GOP guys are just to devastatingly backwards to even consider house sitting for me, let alone running my country.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Maybe I missed it, but where did David say he was voting for the lesser of 2 evils? What I took away from the OP is that he is voting for the better candidate.

better candidate ≠ lesser of 2 evils

You mean perpetual candidate/campaigning Obama ?

Better Candidate is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Maybe you posted the wrong video but I watched it twice and he never said one damn word about bringing any troops home at any time, not it that video!

In my original post , you replied, that was the Gitmo lie, I thought it was common knowledge about the end the war lie, here it is

Dont you remember " You can take that to the bank" ,, its ok, Obama didn't either.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok, I actually read all the replies before making this one

I am not a U.S. citizen, but like many people I watch the U.S. political scene because it is a barometer for all things on planet Earth.

Obama signed the NDAA. Obama has included the RF Chip in Obamacare. Obama has put out contracts for the fulfillment of the labour and supplies of your FEMA sites. Obama has broken two major campaign promises being the Guantanamo closing and the time frame for troop withdrawal.

Where do people think that any of these things mentioned help the middle class?

One poster criticized free trade, the truth is that free trade (as another person said) is good with balanced cost of living countries.

Another poster criticized job creation and then was shown statistical data that there has been growth with Obama. Folks, the world was coming out of (dep)recession, do you not think that there should have been some job creation? And how were those jobs created? Up here we have a lot more people working two and three part time jobs because when we gain jobs overall it is because part time growth has outstripped full time loss.

I wish my noble American cousins would stand up and take back their own Constitution. We are all one step away from fascism with the legislation Obama has signed.

I am so worried for the families and well being of Americans that I have a hard time sleeping anymore. I work fulltime in management and have an education. I can think for myself and look beyond Theatrical Media (MSM) to try and discern truth. It is not always to be found. I urge all of you fine people, R or D or I supporters, simply look past the disinformation being given to you and find the depth to put some people in office that will provide common sense, fiscal sense and family sense.

(And I do recognize that we don't have it here either...we need to do the same, I try to get people out here for the same goals.)

Don't let them divide you, united you stand. Find your common ground and move forward from there.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am not voting for the lesser of 2 evils
I have made my decision and will even write it in if needed.
If you have to play a vote, you have already lost the game.
Take your American Values, vote for who you want.
If you feel the need to debate, who you want to represent us,
then you have already voted for the MSM, and are just waiting for them to tell you what to do.
I am surprised how many people are afraid to make a stand on what they want.
The only way Obama can lose is if I vote for him, I have always picked the wrong one, and he or she loses.
But I sleep at night when I go to bed because, I did not let some actor on TV or radio, decide what box I am going to choose.
If you do not know who you want, I bet they have an app for that, and it will be reporting where you voted and for who.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join